Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkag1
Description: protein kinase AMP-activated non-catalytic subunit gamma 1
Alias: Prkaac, Prkga1, 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase subunit gamma-1, AMP-activated protein kinase, noncatalytic gamma-1 subunit, AMPK gamma-1 chain, AMPK gamma1, AMPK subunit gamma-1, AMPKg, Protein kinase AMP-activated gamma, protein kinase, AMP-activated, gamma 1 non-catalytic subunit
- Hawley S, Boudeau J, Reid J, Mustard K, Udd L, Makela T, et al. Complexes between the LKB1 tumor suppressor, STRAD alpha/beta and MO25 alpha/beta are upstream kinases in the AMP-activated protein kinase cascade. J Biol. 2003;2:28 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the tumors in Peutz-Jeghers syndrome could result from deficient activation of AMPK as a consequence of LKB1 inactivation. ..
- Turnley A, Stapleton D, Mann R, Witters L, Kemp B, Bartlett P. Cellular distribution and developmental expression of AMP-activated protein kinase isoforms in mouse central nervous system. J Neurochem. 1999;72:1707-16 pubmed
- Stapleton D, Gao G, Michell B, Widmer J, Mitchelhill K, Teh T, et al. Mammalian 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase non-catalytic subunits are homologs of proteins that interact with yeast Snf1 protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:29343-6 pubmed
- Woods A, Johnstone S, Dickerson K, Leiper F, Fryer L, Neumann D, et al. LKB1 is the upstream kinase in the AMP-activated protein kinase cascade. Curr Biol. 2003;13:2004-8 pubmed..These results identify a link between two protein kinases, previously thought to lie in unrelated, distinct pathways, that are associated with human diseases. ..
- Namkoong C, Kim M, Jang P, Han S, Park H, Koh E, et al. Enhanced hypothalamic AMP-activated protein kinase activity contributes to hyperphagia in diabetic rats. Diabetes. 2005;54:63-8 pubmed..These data suggest that leptin and insulin deficiencies in diabetes lead to increased hypothalamic AMPK activity, which contributes to the development of diabetic hyperphagia. ..
- Li J, Coven D, Miller E, Hu X, Young M, Carling D, et al. Activation of AMPK alpha- and gamma-isoform complexes in the intact ischemic rat heart. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H1927-34 pubmed..Despite the pathophysiological importance of gamma(2)-isoform mutations, gamma(1)-isoform complexes account for most of the AMPK activity in the ischemic heart. ..
- Kawaguchi T, Osatomi K, Yamashita H, Kabashima T, Uyeda K. Mechanism for fatty acid "sparing" effect on glucose-induced transcription: regulation of carbohydrate-responsive element-binding protein by AMP-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3829-35 pubmed..AMPK was activated by the increased AMP that was generated by the fatty acid activation. ..
- Zhu L, Chen L, Zhou X, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Zhao J, et al. Structural insights into the architecture and allostery of full-length AMP-activated protein kinase. Structure. 2011;19:515-22 pubmed publisher..These results not only make substantial revision to the current model of AMPK assembly, but also highlight a central role of the linker sequence of the ? subunit in mediating the allostery of AMPK. ..