Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prdx6
Description: peroxiredoxin 6
Alias: peroxiredoxin-6, 1-Cys PRX, 1-Cys peroxiredoxin, NSGPx, acidic calcium-independent phospholipase A2, aiPLA2, antioxidant protein 2, non-selenium glutathione peroxidase, thiol-specific antioxidant protein
- Buonora J, Mousseau M, Jacobowitz D, Lazarus R, Yarnell A, Olsen C, et al. Autoimmune Profiling Reveals Peroxiredoxin 6 as a Candidate Traumatic Brain Injury Biomarker. J Neurotrauma. 2015;32:1805-14 pubmed publisherAutoimmune profiling in rats revealed the antioxidant enzyme, peroxiredoxin 6 (PRDX6), as a target for autoantibodies evoked in response to traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Zhang S, Wang W, Gu Q, Xue J, Cao H, Tang Y, et al. Protein and miRNA profiling of radiation-induced skin injury in rats: the protective role of peroxiredoxin-6 against ionizing radiation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014;69:96-107 pubmed publisher..Our present findings illustrate the molecular changes during radiation-induced skin injury and the important role of PRDX-6 in ameliorating this damage in rats. ..
- Manevich Y, Reddy K, Shuvaeva T, Feinstein S, Fisher A. Structure and phospholipase function of peroxiredoxin 6: identification of the catalytic triad and its role in phospholipid substrate binding. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:2306-18 pubmedb>Peroxiredoxin 6 (Prdx6) is a bifunctional protein with glutathione peroxidase and phospholipase A(2) (PLA(2)) activities, and it alone among mammalian peroxiredoxins can hydrolyze phospholipids...
- Peshenko I, Novoselov V, Evdokimov V, Nikolaev YuV -, Shuvaeva T, Lipkin V, et al. Novel 28-kDa secretory protein from rat olfactory epithelium. FEBS Lett. 1996;381:12-14 pubmed..The 28-kDa protein catalyzed decomposition of the hydrogen peroxide as well as organic hydroperoxides by reduced glutathione and seems to be a member of the glutathion peroxidase family. ..
- Wu Y, Feinstein S, Manevich Y, Chowdhury I, Pak J, Kazi A, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated phosphorylation of peroxiredoxin 6 regulates its phospholipase A(2) activity. Biochem J. 2009;419:669-79 pubmed publisherPrdx6 (peroxiredoxin 6), a bifunctional protein with both GSH peroxidase and PLA(2) (phospholipase A(2)) [aiPLA(2) (acidic calcium-independent PLA(2))] activities, is responsible for the metabolism of lung surfactant phospholipids...
- Kubo E, Fatma N, Akagi Y, Beier D, Singh S, Singh D. TAT-mediated PRDX6 protein transduction protects against eye lens epithelial cell death and delays lens opacity. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C842-55 pubmed publisher..b>Peroxiredoxin 6 (PRDX6), a protective molecule, regulates gene expression/function by controlling reactive oxygen species (..
- Tan L, Zhao Y, Jiang B, Yang B, Zhang H. [Knockdown of PRDX6 in microglia reduces neuron viability after OGD/R injury]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;32:1014-20 pubmedObjective To observe the effects of peroxiredoxin 6 (PRDX6) knockdown in the microglia on neuron viability after oxygen-glucose deprivation and reoxygenation (OGD/R)...
- Fatma N, Kubo E, Sen M, Agarwal N, Thoreson W, Camras C, et al. Peroxiredoxin 6 delivery attenuates TNF-alpha-and glutamate-induced retinal ganglion cell death by limiting ROS levels and maintaining Ca2+ homeostasis. Brain Res. 2008;1233:63-78 pubmed publisher..Herein we show that the transduction of Peroxiredoxin 6 (PRDX6) attenuates TNF-alpha- and glutamate-induced RGC death, by limiting ROS and maintaining Ca2+ ..
- Gao L, Tse S, Conrad C, Andreadis A. Saitohin, which is nested in the tau locus and confers allele-specific susceptibility to several neurodegenerative diseases, interacts with peroxiredoxin 6. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39268-72 pubmed..and glutathione S-transferase pull-down assays, we discovered and confirmed that Saitohin interacts with peroxiredoxin 6, a unique member of that family that is bifunctional and the levels of which increase in Pick disease...
- Andreeva S, Merkulova M, Shuvaeva T, Novoselov V, Peshenko I, Novoselov S, et al. [Study of structure of secretory 28 kDa protein from the rat olfactory epithelium]. Bioorg Khim. 1998;24:816-21 pubmed..The 28-kDa protein belongs to the 1 Cys-subfamily of peroxiredoxines and is the first member of peroxiredoxines identified in the olfactory epithelium. ..
- Wu Y, Manevich Y, Baldwin J, Dodia C, Yu K, Feinstein S, et al. Interaction of surfactant protein A with peroxiredoxin 6 regulates phospholipase A2 activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7515-25 pubmedb>Peroxiredoxin 6 (Prdx6) is a "moonlighting" protein with both GSH peroxidase and phospholipase A(2) (PLA(2)) activities...
- Wang X, Phelan S, Petros C, Taylor E, Ledinski G, Jurgens G, et al. Peroxiredoxin 6 deficiency and atherosclerosis susceptibility in mice: significance of genetic background for assessing atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2004;177:61-70 pubmedPeroxiredoxin 6 (Prdx6; also called antioxidant protein 2, or Aop2) is a candidate gene for Ath1, a locus responsible for the respective susceptibility and resistance of mouse strains C57BL/6J (B6) and C3H/HeJ (C3H) to diet-induced ..
- Wang X, Phelan S, Forsman Semb K, Taylor E, Petros C, Brown A, et al. Mice with targeted mutation of peroxiredoxin 6 develop normally but are susceptible to oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25179-90 pubmed..Peroxiredoxin 6 (PRDX6) (also called antioxidant protein 2, or AOP2) is a novel peroxiredoxin family member whose function in vivo is unknown...
- Choi H, Kang S, Yang C, Rhee S, Ryu S. Crystal structure of a novel human peroxidase enzyme at 2.0 A resolution. Nat Struct Biol. 1998;5:400-6 pubmed..The positively charged environment surrounding Cys 47 accounts for the peroxidase activity of the enzyme, which contains no redox cofactors. ..
- Nilsson A, Sköld K, Sjögren B, Svensson M, Pierson J, Zhang X, et al. Increased striatal mRNA and protein levels of the immunophilin FKBP-12 in experimental Parkinson's disease and identification of FKBP-12-binding proteins. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:3952-61 pubmed..In conclusion, these data strongly suggests that FKBP-12 is altered in an experimental model of PD. ..
- Bystrova M, Budanova E, Novoselov V, Fesenko E. [Study of the quaternary structure of rat 1-Cys peroxiredoxin]. Biofizika. 2007;52:436-42 pubmed..The native 1-Cys Prx existed in the monomeric and dimeric forms in rat olfactory epithelium, with monomers being more common. The structural sensitivity of the recombinant 1-Cys Prx to imidazole was shown. ..
- Panupinthu N, Zhao L, Possmayer F, Ke H, Sims S, Dixon S. P2X7 nucleotide receptors mediate blebbing in osteoblasts through a pathway involving lysophosphatidic acid. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3403-12 pubmed..This pathway may contribute to P2X7-stimulated osteogenesis during skeletal development and mechanotransduction. ..
- Liu N, Xue L, Guan Y, Li Q, Cao F, Pang S, et al. Expression of Peroxiredoxins and Pulmonary Surfactant Protein A Induced by Silica in Rat Lung Tissue. Biomed Environ Sci. 2016;29:584-588 pubmed..The results suggest that Prx proteins may be involved in pulmonary fibrosis induced by silica. Downregulation of SP-A expression caused due to silica is an important factor in the occurrence and development of silicosis. ..
- Kim T, Sundaresh C, Feinstein S, Dodia C, Skach W, Jain M, et al. Identification of a human cDNA clone for lysosomal type Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 and properties of the expressed protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:2542-50 pubmed..These results represent the first molecular cloning of a cDNA for the lysosomal type Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 group of enzymes. ..