Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppy
Description: pancreatic polypeptide
Alias: pancreatic prohormone
- Mosaic evolution of prepropancreatic polypeptideH Yamamoto
J Biol Chem 261:6156-9. 1986..Sundler, F., and Tager, H. S. (1984) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 81, 708-712). The mosaicism of sequence conservation and divergence in prepropancreatic polypeptides may be a unique example in the evolution of prohormones...
- Different splice site utilization generates diversity between the rat and human pancreatic polypeptide precursorsA S Kopin
Division of Gastroenterology, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111
Arch Biochem Biophys 267:742-8. 1988....
- Mosaic evolution of prepropancreatic polypeptide. II. Structural conservation and divergence in pancreatic polypeptide geneH Yonekura
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Miyagi, Japan
J Biol Chem 263:2990-7. 1988..Available evidence indicates that the mosaicism of structural conservation and divergence in pancreatic polypeptide genes may have been caused by a difference in the evolutionary rates of the genomic regions...
- Locus for the inducible, but not a constitutive, nitric oxide synthase cosegregates with blood pressure in the Dahl salt-sensitive ratA Y Deng
Department of Physiology and Molecular Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699, USA
J Clin Invest 95:2170-7. 1995..In F2(S x MNS) functionally variant alleles at both QTL influence blood pressure, but in F2(S x WKY) only the QTL marked by Nos2 is segregating alleles influencing blood pressure...
- Novel quantitative trait loci for blood pressure and related traits on rat chromosomes 1, 10, and 18P Kovacs
Department of Laboratory Animal Sciences, Institute of Pathophysiology, University of Greifswald, Karlsburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 235:343-8. 1997..On chromosome 10 there was a QTL for blood pressure found between Ppy and Abp and on chromosome 18 there were three regions (Ttr-Grl, Tilp-Gja1, Olf-D18Mit9) with linkage to blood ..
- Effects of pancreatic polypeptide on pancreas-projecting rat dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus neuronsKirsteen N Browning
Dept of Neuroscience, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G209-19. 2005....