Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppp3r1
Description: protein phosphatase 3, regulatory subunit B, alpha
Alias: calcineurin subunit B type 1, protein phospatase 3, regulatory subunit B, alpha isoform (calcineurin B, type I), protein phospatase 3, regulatory subunit B, alpha isoform,type 1, protein phosphatase 2B regulatory subunit 1, protein phosphatase 3, regulatory subunit B, alpha isoform (calcineurin B, type I)
- Hisamitsu T, Nakamura T, Wakabayashi S. Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 1 directly binds to calcineurin A and activates downstream NFAT signaling, leading to cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3265-80 pubmed publisher..In cardiomyocytes, such signaling can be a pathway of NHE1-dependent hypertrophy. ..
- Kudla J, Xu Q, Harter K, Gruissem W, Luan S. Genes for calcineurin B-like proteins in Arabidopsis are differentially regulated by stress signals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4718-23 pubmed..Our data suggest that AtCBL1 may act as a regulatory subunit of a plant calcineurin-like activity mediating calcium signaling under certain stress conditions. ..
- Chang C, Mukai H, Kuno T, Tanaka C. cDNA cloning of an alternatively spliced isoform of the regulatory subunit of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein phosphatase (calcineurin B alpha 2). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1217:174-80 pubmed..Northern blot analysis and reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) followed by Southern blot analysis suggest that CNB alpha 2 is specifically expressed in the testis, and its expression is developmentally regulated. ..
- Abe T, Takagi N, Nakano M, Furuya M, Takeo S. Altered Bad localization and interaction between Bad and Bcl-xL in the hippocampus after transient global ischemia. Brain Res. 2004;1009:159-68 pubmed..These results suggest that changes in localization and complex formation by Bad are, at least in part, involved in the vulnerability of cells after transient global ischemia. ..
- Wu P, Zhao Y, Haidacher S, Wang E, Parsley M, Gao J, et al. Detection of structural and metabolic changes in traumatically injured hippocampus by quantitative differential proteomics. J Neurotrauma. 2013;30:775-88 pubmed publisher..IPA indicated a common integrative signaling node, calcineurin B1 (CANB1, CaNB?, or PPP3R1), which was downregulated by TBI...
- Ye Q, Feng Y, Yin Y, Faucher F, Currie M, Rahman M, et al. Structural basis of calcineurin activation by calmodulin. Cell Signal. 2013;25:2661-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that the structural basis of calcineurin activation by CaM is through displacement of the disordered fragment of AID which otherwise impedes active site access. ..
- Guo J, Mi S, Li J, Liu W, Yin Y, Wei Q. Calcineurin B subunit acts as a potential agent for preventing cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;370:163-71 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel function for CnB protein in cardiac stress response and suggest a possible application of CnB in coronary disease therapy. ..
- Kao S, Wu H, Xie J, Chang C, Ranish J, Graef I, et al. Calcineurin/NFAT signaling is required for neuregulin-regulated Schwann cell differentiation. Science. 2009;323:651-4 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate that calcineurin and NFAT are essential for neuregulin and ErbB signaling, neural crest diversification, and differentiation of Schwann cells. ..
- Tang W, Arnett D, Devereux R, Panagiotou D, Province M, Miller M, et al. Identification of a novel 5-base pair deletion in calcineurin B (PPP3R1) promoter region and its association with left ventricular hypertrophy. Am Heart J. 2005;150:845-51 pubmed..The 5-base pair deletion within the CnB gene may cause excessive LV growth beyond the level appropriate for cardiac workload when exposed to severe hypertension or may be in linkage disequilibrium with the causal mutation. ..
- Mammucari C, Tommasi di Vignano A, Sharov A, Neilson J, Havrda M, Roop D, et al. Integration of Notch 1 and calcineurin/NFAT signaling pathways in keratinocyte growth and differentiation control. Dev Cell. 2005;8:665-76 pubmed..Thus, an important interconnection exists between Notch 1 and Calcineurin-NFAT pathways in keratinocyte growth/differentiation control. ..
- Wilkins B, Molkentin J. Calcium-calcineurin signaling in the regulation of cardiac hypertrophy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:1178-91 pubmed..Finally, we will discuss emerging theories as to the mechanisms whereby alterations in intracellular calcium handling might stimulate calcineurin within the context of a contractile cell continually experiencing calcium flux. ..
- Perrino B, Wilson A, Ellison P, Clapp L. Substrate selectivity and sensitivity to inhibition by FK506 and cyclosporin A of calcineurin heterodimers composed of the alpha or beta catalytic subunit. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3540-8 pubmed..These findings also indicate that the alpha and beta catalytic subunit isoforms give rise to substrate-dependent differences in sensitivity toward FKBP12/FK506. ..