Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pmvk
Description: phosphomevalonate kinase
Alias: phosphomevalonate kinase
- Gupta S, Mehan R, Tansey T, Chen H, Goping G, Goldberg I, et al. Differential binding of proteins to peroxisomes in rat hepatoma cells: unique association of enzymes involved in isoprenoid metabolism. J Lipid Res. 1999;40:1572-84 pubmed..For instance, mevalonate kinase and phosphomevalonate kinase are almost totally released (95% and 91%, respectively), whereas 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase ..
- Herdendorf T, Miziorko H. Phosphomevalonate kinase: functional investigation of the recombinant human enzyme. Biochemistry. 2006;45:3235-42 pubmedb>Phosphomevalonate kinase (PMK) catalyzes a key step in isoprenoid/sterol biosynthesis, converting mevalonate 5-phosphate and ATP to mevalonate 5-diphosphate and ADP...
- Ramachandran C, Shah S. Studies on mevalonate kinase, phosphomevalonate kinase and pyrophosphomevalonate decarboxylase in developing rat brain. J Neurochem. 1977;28:751-7 pubmed
- Olivier L, Chambliss K, Gibson K, Krisans S. Characterization of phosphomevalonate kinase: chromosomal localization, regulation, and subcellular targeting. J Lipid Res. 1999;40:672-9 pubmedb>Phosphomevalonate kinase catalyzes the conversion of mevalonate-5-phosphate to mevalonate-5-diphosphate and was originally believed to be a cytosolic enzyme...
- Hogenboom S, Tuyp J, Espeel M, Koster J, Wanders R, Waterham H. Phosphomevalonate kinase is a cytosolic protein in humans. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:697-705 pubmed..In this study, we have determined the subcellular localization of human phosphomevalonate kinase using a variety of biochemical and microscopic techniques, including conventional subcellular ..
- Kovacs W, Tape K, Shackelford J, Duan X, Kasumov T, Kelleher J, et al. Localization of the pre-squalene segment of the isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway in mammalian peroxisomes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:273-90 pubmed..concluding that three of the peroxisomal cholesterol biosynthetic enzymes, namely mevalonate kinase, phosphomevalonate kinase, and mevalonate diphosphate decarboxylase, do not localize to peroxisomes in human cells even though they ..
- Chambliss K, Slaughter C, Schreiner R, Hoffmann G, Gibson K. Molecular cloning of human phosphomevalonate kinase and identification of a consensus peroxisomal targeting sequence. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:17330-4 pubmedTwo overlapping cDNAs which encode human liver phosphomevalonate kinase (PMKase) were isolated...
- Hogenboom S, Romeijn G, Houten S, Baes M, Wanders R, Waterham H. Absence of functional peroxisomes does not lead to deficiency of enzymes involved in cholesterol biosynthesis. J Lipid Res. 2002;43:90-8 pubmed..Our results show that the previously reported deficiencies of mevalonate kinase and phosphomevalonate kinase activity in livers from human Zellweger patients reflect the bad condition of the livers, rather than ..
- Hogenboom S, Wanders R, Waterham H. Cholesterol biosynthesis is not defective in peroxisome biogenesis defective fibroblasts. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;80:290-5 pubmed..been reported to be partly or exclusively peroxisomal and include HMG-CoA reductase, mevalonate kinase, phosphomevalonate kinase, mevalonate pyrophosphate decarboxylase, and isopentenyl pyrophosphate isomerase...
- Waterham H. Defects of cholesterol biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5442-9 pubmed..The etiology of the underlying pathophysiology may involve multiple affected processes due to lowered cholesterol and/or the elevated, teratogenic levels of the intermediate sterol precursors. ..
- Wang J, Liu Y, Liu F, Huang C, Han S, Lv Y, et al. Loss-of-function Mutation in PMVK Causes Autosomal Dominant Disseminated Superficial Porokeratosis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24226 pubmed publisher..412C > T (p.Arg138*) in the phosphomevalonate kinase gene (PMVK), which encodes a cytoplasmic enzyme catalyzing the conversion of mevalonate 5-phosphate to ..