Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plcd1
Description: phospholipase C, delta 1
Alias: Plc1, 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase delta-1, PLC-III, PLC-delta-1, Phospholipase C-delta1, phosphoinositide phospholipase C, phosphoinositide phospholipase C-delta-1, phospholipase C delta 1 long form, phospholipase C-III
- Chung E, Jakinovich P, Bae A, Rebecchi M. Phospholipase C-?(1) regulates interleukin-1? and tumor necrosis factor-? mRNA expression. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1987-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with the idea that PLC?(1) is a suppressor of PKC activity. ..
- Flesch F, Yu J, Lemmon M, Burger K. Membrane activity of the phospholipase C-delta1 pleckstrin homology (PH) domain. Biochem J. 2005;389:435-41 pubmed..This is the first report of membrane activity in an isolated PH domain and has implications for understanding the membrane targeting by this common type of domain. ..
- Essen L, Perisic O, Lynch D, Katan M, Williams R. A ternary metal binding site in the C2 domain of phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C-delta1. Biochemistry. 1997;36:2753-62 pubmed..The high cooperativity of calcium-mediated lipid binding by C2 domains described previously is explained by this novel type of calcium binding site. ..
- Okada M, Fujii M, Yamaga M, Sugimoto H, Sadano H, Osumi T, et al. Carboxyl-terminal basic amino acids in the X domain are essential for the nuclear import of phospholipase C delta1. Genes Cells. 2002;7:985-96 pubmed..The region alone, however, cannot serve as a functional NLS. The machinery for nuclear transport may require additional structural component(s) of the enzyme. ..
- Lin Y, Tseng M, Hsu H, Wu Y, Lee Y, Tsai Y. A novel follicle-stimulating hormone-induced G alpha h/phospholipase C-delta1 signaling pathway mediating rat sertoli cell Ca2+-influx. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2514-27 pubmed..In conclusion, the FSH-induced immediate Ca2+ influx is unambiguously mediated by an alternative G alpha h /PLC-delta1/IP3 pathway that is distinct from the Gs/cAMP pathway in rat SCs. ..
- Miyamoto N, Tanaka R, Shimura H, Watanabe T, Mori H, Onodera M, et al. Phosphodiesterase III inhibition promotes differentiation and survival of oligodendrocyte progenitors and enhances regeneration of ischemic white matter lesions in the adult mammalian brain. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:299-310 pubmed publisher..The results of our study indicate that the mammalian brain white matter tissue has the capacity to regenerate after ischemic injury. ..
- Kanematsu T, Takeya H, Watanabe Y, Ozaki S, Yoshida M, Koga T, et al. Putative inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate binding proteins in rat brain cytosol. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:6518-25 pubmed..This report seems to be the first evidence for the presence of soluble Ins(1,4,5)P3-binding proteins in the rat brain, one of which is the delta isozyme of phospholipase C. ..
- Nomikos M, Thanassoulas A, Beck K, Theodoridou M, Kew J, Kashir J, et al. Mutations in PLC?1 associated with hereditary leukonychia display divergent PIP2 hydrolytic function. FEBS J. 2016;283:4502-4514 pubmed publisher..PLC?1 is almost ubiquitous in mammalian cells, which may explain why hereditary leukonychia manifests in association with other systemic pathologies relating to keratin expression. ..
- Fujii M, Yi K, Kim M, Ha S, Ryu S, Suh P, et al. Phosphorylation of phospholipase C-delta 1 regulates its enzymatic activity. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:638-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PLC-delta(1) has multiple phosphorylation sites and phosphorylation status of PLC-delta(1) regulates its activity positively or negatively depends on the phosphorylation sites. ..
- Peng Z, Dang A, Arendshorst W. Increased expression and activity of phospholipase C in renal arterioles of young spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Hypertens. 2007;20:38-43 pubmed
- Ochocka A, Grden M, Sakowicz Burkiewicz M, Szutowicz A, Pawelczyk T. Regulation of phospholipase C-delta1 by ARGHAP6, a GTPase-activating protein for RhoA: possible role for enhanced activity of phospholipase C in hypertension. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2264-73 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the elevated expression of ARHGAP6 provides possible explanation for the altered activity of PLC-delta1 in hypertension. ..
- Clarke C, Forman S, Pritchett J, Ohanian V, Ohanian J. Phospholipase C-delta1 modulates sustained contraction of rat mesenteric small arteries in response to noradrenaline, but not endothelin-1. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H826-34 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the novel and selective role of caveolae/raft localized PLC-delta(1) in NA-induced PIP(2) hydrolysis and sustained contraction in intact vascular tissue. ..
- Hwang J, Oh Y, Shin K, Kim H, Ryu S, Suh P. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel phospholipase C, PLC-eta. Biochem J. 2005;389:181-6 pubmed..These results suggest that PLC-eta may perform fundamental roles in the brain. ..
- Kang S, Kim D, Damron D, Baek K, Im M. Modulation of intracellular Ca(2+) via alpha(1B)-adrenoreceptor signaling molecules, G alpha(h) (transglutaminase II) and phospholipase C-delta 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:383-90 pubmed
- Sidhu R, Clough R, Bhullar R. Regulation of phospholipase C-delta1 through direct interactions with the small GTPase Ral and calmodulin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21933-41 pubmed..The overexpression of various Ral mutants in cells potentiates PLC-delta1 activity. Thus, the Ral-CaM complex defines a multifaceted regulatory mechanism for PLC-delta1 activation. ..
- Essen L, Perisic O, Cheung R, Katan M, Williams R. Crystal structure of a mammalian phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C delta. Nature. 1996;380:595-602 pubmed..The regulation and reversible membrane association of PI-PLC may serve as a model for understanding other multidomain enzymes involved in phospholipid signalling. ..
- Suh P, Ryu S, Moon K, Suh H, Rhee S. Cloning and sequence of multiple forms of phospholipase C. Cell. 1988;54:161-9 pubmed..Those of PLC-I and III were short and appeared to be unrelated to these tyrosine kinases. The physiological implications of the multiple species of PLC enzymes are discussed. ..
- Grobler J, Essen L, Williams R, Hurley J. C2 domain conformational changes in phospholipase C-delta 1. Nat Struct Biol. 1996;3:788-95 pubmed..The distal sections of the C2 jaws move apart, opening the mouth by 9 A and creating a gap large enough to bind a phospholipid headgroup...
- Woodcock E, Mitchell C, Biden T. Phospholipase Cdelta(1) does not mediate Ca(2+) responses in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes. FEBS Lett. 2003;546:325-8 pubmed..Taken together these data provide evidence that PLCdelta(1) does not mediate the InsP response to elevated Ca(2+) in NRVM. ..
- Yagisawa H, Tanase H, Nojima H. Phospholipase C-delta gene of the spontaneously hypertensive rat harbors point mutations causing amino acid substitutions in a catalytic domain. J Hypertens. 1991;9:997-1004 pubmed
- Feng J, Rhee S, Im M. Evidence that phospholipase delta1 is the effector in the Gh (transglutaminase II)-mediated signaling. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:16451-4 pubmed..Antibodies to Galphah also coimmunoprecipitated PLC-delta1 upon activation of Gh. These findings indicate that PLC-delta1 is the effector of Gh-mediated signaling. ..
- Yamaga M, Kawai K, Kiyota M, Homma Y, Yagisawa H. Recruitment and activation of phospholipase C (PLC)-delta1 in lipid rafts by muscarinic stimulation of PC12 cells: contribution of p122RhoGAP/DLC1, a tumor-suppressing PLCdelta1 binding protein. Adv Enzyme Regul. 2008;48:41-54 pubmed
- Ferguson K, Lemmon M, Schlessinger J, Sigler P. Structure of the high affinity complex of inositol trisphosphate with a phospholipase C pleckstrin homology domain. Cell. 1995;83:1037-46 pubmed..Using electrostatics and varying levels of head-group specificity, PH domains may localize and orient signaling proteins, providing a general membrane targeting and regulatory function. ..
- Nakamura Y, Kanemaru K, Kojima R, Hashimoto Y, Marunouchi T, Oka N, et al. Simultaneous loss of phospholipase C?1 and phospholipase C?3 causes cardiomyocyte apoptosis and cardiomyopathy. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1215 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PLC?1 and PLC?3 are required for cardiomyocyte survival and normal cardiac function. ..
- Okada M, Ishimoto T, Naito Y, Hirata H, Yagisawa H. Phospholipase Cdelta1 associates with importin beta1 and translocates into the nucleus in a Ca2+-dependent manner. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4949-54 pubmed..These results suggested that the nuclear import of PLCdelta1 is mediated by its Ca2+-dependent interaction with importin beta1. ..
- Tanino H, Shimohama S, Sasaki Y, Sumida Y, Fujimoto S. Increase in phospholipase C-delta1 protein levels in aluminum-treated rat brains. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;271:620-5 pubmed..These results suggest that PLC-delta1 protein levels in brain tissues are increased by the induction of oxidative stress, giving an explanation for its up-regulation in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Nagasawa K, Tanino H, Shimohama S, Fujimoto S. Effects of hyperoxia and acrylonitrile on the phospholipase C isozyme protein levels in rat heart and brain. Life Sci. 2003;73:1453-62 pubmed..These findings suggested that the expression levels of PLC isozymes are altered by hyperoxia and ACN, but there are apparent differences in these altered levels between the different levels of oxidative stress, and between the organs. ..
- Kim Y, Park T, Lee Y, Baek K, Suh P, Ryu S, et al. Phospholipase C-delta1 is activated by capacitative calcium entry that follows phospholipase C-beta activation upon bradykinin stimulation. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26127-34 pubmed..Our results suggest that PLC-delta1 is activated by capacitative calcium entry following the activation of PLC-beta, additively inducing IP(3) production and Ca(2+) rise in BK-stimulated PC12 cells. ..
- Xu D, Farmer A, Collett G, Grishin N, Chook Y. Sequence and structural analyses of nuclear export signals in the NESdb database. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3677-93 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also tested CRM1-binding of 40 NESs that were found in the 56 structures. We found that 16 of the NES peptides did not bind CRM1, hence illustrating how NESs are easily misidentified...
- Katsuya T, Higaki J, Miki T, Kohara K, Yagisawa H, Tanase H, et al. Hypotensive effect associated with a phospholipase C-delta 1 gene mutation in the spontaneously hypertensive rat. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;187:1359-66 pubmed..We propose that PLC-delta 1 gene itself of closely linked gene on chromosome 8 is a new candidate with the hypotensive effect, and that BP-SP1 locus does not directly contribute to blood pressure elevation in original SHR. ..
- Wu Y, Perisic O, Williams R, Katan M, Roberts M. Phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C delta1 activity toward micellar substrates, inositol 1,2-cyclic phosphate, and other water-soluble substrates: a sequential mechanism and allosteric activation. Biochemistry. 1997;36:11223-33 pubmed
- Nakahara M, Shimozawa M, Nakamura Y, Irino Y, Morita M, Kudo Y, et al. A novel phospholipase C, PLC(eta)2, is a neuron-specific isozyme. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29128-34 pubmed..These results indicate that PLC(eta)2 is a neuron-specific isozyme that may be important for the formation and/or maintenance of the neuronal network in the postnatal brain. ..
- Kavran J, Klein D, Lee A, Falasca M, Isakoff S, Skolnik E, et al. Specificity and promiscuity in phosphoinositide binding by pleckstrin homology domains. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30497-508 pubmed..Thus, using the same simple approach to study several PH domains simultaneously, our studies suggest that highly specific phosphoinositide binding is a characteristic of relatively few cases. ..
- Knox C, Belous A, Pierce J, Wakata A, Nicoud I, Anderson C, et al. Novel role of phospholipase C-delta1: regulation of liver mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;287:G533-40 pubmed..These data indicate that PLC-delta1 exists in liver mitochondria and is involved in regulating mCa2+ uptake through the uniporter. ..
- Lai T, Lin Y, Wu F, Tsai Y. Follicle-stimulating hormone-induced Galphah/phospholipase C-delta1 signaling mediating a noncapacitative Ca2+ influx through T-type Ca2+ channels in rat sertoli cells. Endocrinology. 2008;149:1031-7 pubmed..In conclusion, the FSH-induced Galphah/PLC-delta1 pathway-dependent Ca(2+) influx of rat SCs is mediated by T-type Ca(2+) channels and independent of in-store calcium release. ..
- Asemu G, Tappia P, Dhalla N. Identification of the changes in phospholipase C isozymes in ischemic-reperfused rat heart. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;411:174-82 pubmed..Increases in PLC gamma(1) and delta(1) activities occurred upon reperfusion, but were not accounted for by altered mRNA and protein levels. The results indicate that ischemia-reperfusion induces differential changes in PLC isozymes. ..
- Grobler J, Hurley J. Catalysis by phospholipase C delta1 requires that Ca2+ bind to the catalytic domain, but not the C2 domain. Biochemistry. 1998;37:5020-8 pubmed..The PH domain truncated catalytic core of rat phospholipase C delta1 (PLC-delta1) has Ca2+ binding sites in its catalytic and C2 domains, and potential Ca2+ binding sites in ..
- Tappia P, Yu C, Di Nardo P, Pasricha A, Dhalla N, Panagia V. Depressed responsiveness of phospholipase C isoenzymes to phosphatidic acid in congestive heart failure. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2001;33:431-40 pubmed..These findings suggest that a defect in phosphatidic acid-mediated signal pathway in sarcolemma may represent a novel mechanism of heart dysfunction in congestive heart failure. ..
- Cai J, Guo S, Lomasney J, Roberts M. Ca2+-independent binding of anionic phospholipids by phospholipase C ?1 EF-hand domain. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:37277-88 pubmed publisher..The reduction in enzymatic activity coupled with vesicle binding studies are consistent with a role for this domain in aiding substrate binding in the active site once the protein is transiently anchored at its target membrane. ..
- Hwang K, Lim S, Kwon H, Bae Y, Kang S, Chung K, et al. Phospholipase C-delta1 rescues intracellular Ca2+ overload in ischemic heart and hypoxic neonatal cardiomyocytes. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;91:131-8 pubmed..It is suggested that PLC isozyme-changes may contribute to the alterations in calcium homeostasis in myocardial ischemia. ..
- Thore S, Dyachok O, Tengholm A. Oscillations of phospholipase C activity triggered by depolarization and Ca2+ influx in insulin-secreting cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19396-400 pubmed..In insulin-secreting beta-cells, this mechanism provides a link between Ca2+ influx and release from intracellular stores that may be important in the regulation of insulin secretion. ..
- Stocco C, Callegari E, Gibori G. Opposite effect of prolactin and prostaglandin F(2 alpha) on the expression of luteal genes as revealed by rat cDNA expression array. Endocrinology. 2001;142:4158-61 pubmed