Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plau
Description: plasminogen activator, urokinase
Alias: UPAM, urokinase-type plasminogen activator, U-plasminogen activator, Urinary plasminogen activator, urokinase, uPA, urokinase plasminogen activator
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 and urokinase plasminogen activator mediate interleukin-1-induced neurotoxicityPeter Thornton
Faculty of Life Sciences, Michael Smith Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:135-42. 2008..b>Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) was constitutively expressed on neuronal membrane fractions, and amiloride (an antagonist of ..
- Protection of cerebral microvasculature after moderate hypothermia following experimental focal cerebral ischemia in miceJan Burk
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Brain Res 1226:248-55. 2008..01). In the hypothermia group the urokinase plasminogen-activator (uPA) activity (P=0.01) was significantly decreased compared to the normothermia group...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator gene therapy in liver cirrhosis is mediated by collagens gene expression down-regulation and up-regulation of MMPs, HGF and VEGFMiriam Bueno
Institute for Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, CUCS, University of Guadalajara, Apdo Postal 2 123, Guadalajara, Jal, Mexico 44281
J Gene Med 8:1291-9. 2006Human urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) gene administration via an adenoviral (Ad)-vector induced cirrhosis regression and ameliorated hepatic dysfunction in a model of experimental liver cirrhosis...
- Immunohistochemical evidence of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in primary and metastatic tumors of pulmonary adenocarcinomaT Oka
Department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Res 51:3522-5. 1991..Thus, u-PA is an important prognostic indicator associated with tumor growth and lymph node spread. If u-PA is detected in a tumor, a recurrence can be expected...
- Prognostic role of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in human gliomasD W Hsu
Division of Neuropathology, Massachusetts General Hospital 02114, USA
Am J Pathol 147:114-23. 1995..02). We conclude that u-PA may be used as a prognostic tool in conjunction with tumor grade and patients' age in predicting survival for patients with gliomas...
- Elevation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptor densities as new predictors of disease progression and prognosis in men with prostate cancerH Miyake
Department of Urology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650, Japan
Int J Oncol 14:535-41. 1999..activator (uPAD) and the density of its receptor (uPARD), which were determined by dividing the serum levels of uPA and uPAR by the prostate volume, respectively, could be used as predictors of the progression and prognosis of ..
- Macrophage-targeted overexpression of urokinase causes accelerated atherosclerosis, coronary artery occlusions, and premature deathAaron E Cozen
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Circulation 109:2129-35. 2004Human atherosclerotic lesions contain elevated levels of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), expressed predominantly by macrophages.
- Loss or inhibition of uPA or MMP-9 attenuates LV remodeling and dysfunction after acute pressure overload in miceStephane Heymans
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Am J Pathol 166:15-25. 2005..Deficiency of MMP-9 had an intermediate effect. These findings suggest that the use of u-PA- or MMP-inhibitors might preserve cardiac pump function in LV pressure overloading...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation via redox-dependent pathwaysMikhail Menshikov
Cardiology Research Center, Moscow, Russia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:801-7. 2006We showed previously that increased urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) expression contributes to vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) proliferation and neointima formation after injury...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and metalloproteinase-2 are independently related to the carotid atherosclerosis in haemodialysis patientsKrystyna Pawlak
Department of Nephrology and Clinical Transplantation, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
Thromb Res 121:543-8. 2008..However, no data are yet available on the associations between these two systems in relation to carotid atherosclerosis in hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Angiostrongylus cantonensis: induction of urokinase-type PA and degradation of type IV collagen in rat lung granulomatous fibrosisKuang Ping Lan
Department of Laboratory, CiShan Hospital, CiShan Chen, Kaohsiung County 842, Taiwan
Exp Parasitol 118:472-7. 2008..Casein zymogram analysis demonstrated that urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) activity was increased during lung inflammation and fibrosis...
- Association of urokinase gene 3'-UTR T/C polymorphism with calcium oxalate urolithiasis in childrenMurat Ozturk
Department of Urology, Uludag University School of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 40:563-8. 2008..Our aim was to investigate the role of urokinase gene 3'-UTR T/C polymorphism in childhood recurrent stone disease...
- Components of the plasminogen activator system and their complexes in renal cell and bladder cancer: comparison between normal and matched cancerous tissuesPaul N Span
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BJU Int 102:177-82. 2008To analyse and compare the concentration of plasminogen activator (PA), urokinase-type PA (uPA), tissue-type PA (tPA), PA inhibitor (PAI)-1 and PAI-2, and the complexes uPA-PAI-1 and tPA-PAI-1 and calculated uPA and tPA uncomplexed with ..
- The role and mechanism of the up-regulation of fibrinolytic activity in painful peripheral nerve injuryNie Yong
Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, People s Republic of China
Neurochem Res 34:587-92. 2009..We tested fibrinolytic activities and the expression level of tPA and uPA levels in chronic constriction injury (CCI) model...
- [Correlation of the content and expression of urokinase plasminogen activator with asthenospermia in rat models]Yan Liu
Research Institute of Family Planning, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 14:786-91. 2008To investigate the content and expression of the urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) in the ornidazole-induced asthenospermia animal model, and to probe the mechanism of ornidazole inducing asthenospermia and the possibility of using ..
- Increased stratum corneum serine protease activity in acute eczematous atopic skinR Voegeli
DSM Nutritional Products Ltd, Branch Pentapharm, Basel CH 4002, Switzerland
Br J Dermatol 161:70-7. 2009..The breakdown of epidermal barrier function in AD is associated with changes in corneocyte size and maturation, desquamation, lipid profiles, and some protease activities...
- Expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor is increased during epileptogenesis in the rat hippocampusL Lahtinen
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Neuroscience 163:316-28. 2009....
- Transcriptional activation of endothelial cells by TGFβ coincides with acute microvascular plasticity following focal spinal cord ischaemia/reperfusion injuryRichard L Benton
daggerKentucky Spinal Cord Injury Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
ASN Neuro 1:. 2009..Furthermore, uPA (urokinase-type plasminogen activator), another member of the PAS (plasminogen activator system), was also ..
- A novel signaling pathway: fibroblast nicotinic receptor alpha1 binds urokinase and promotes renal fibrosisGuoqiang Zhang
Division of Nephrology, Immunology, Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Biol Chem 284:29050-64. 2009..a potential fibrogenic molecule in the kidney, given reports that it may be an alternative urokinase (urokinase plasminogen activator; uPA) receptor in addition to the classical receptor uPAR...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator regulates neurodegeneration and neurogenesis but not vascular changes in the mouse hippocampus after status epilepticusLaura Lahtinen
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Neurobiol Dis 37:692-703. 2010Expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) is increased after brain injury, suggesting that, like in cancer tissue, uPA plays roles in brain remodeling...
- Association of putative functional variants in the PLAU gene and the PLAUR gene with myocardial infarctionJing Xu
FuWai Cardiovascular Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Clin Sci (Lond) 119:353-9. 2010..We hypothesized that putative functional genetic variation in the two genes encoding uPA and uPAR (PLAU and PLAUR respectively) might influence the susceptibility to MI...
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator depletion affects the nasal mucosa matrix reconstruction in allergic rhinitis miceH Hua
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Huadong Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 39:206-11. 2011..The present study was designed to assess the function of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) expression in allergic rhinitis...
- Therapeutic potential and anti-amyloidosis mechanisms of tert-butylhydroquinone for Alzheimer's diseaseHasina Akhter
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 26:767-78. 2011..in AD, accompanied by increases in the activities of tissue type and urokinase type plasminogen activators (tPA and uPA) as well as plasmin...
- Impaired fibrinolytic system in ApoE gene-deleted mice with hyperlipidemia augments deep vein thrombosisJose A Diaz
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, Conrad Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Vasc Surg 55:815-22. 2012..We sought to determine the effects of PAI-1 in an in vivo hyperlipidemic model of VT...
- Neuroprotection by urokinase plasminogen activator in the hippocampusEunsil Cho
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, Asan Medical Center, Seoul 138 736, Republic of Korea
Neurobiol Dis 46:215-24. 2012Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), which are both used for thrombolytic treatment of acute ischemic stroke, are serine proteases that convert plasminogen to active plasmin...
- Effects of overtraining on skeletal muscle growth and gene expressionW Xiao
Department of Sports Medicine, Shanghai University of Sport, Shanghai, China
Int J Sports Med 33:846-53. 2012..01) and the OTR group (69%, P<0.01) from the sedentary group. uPA mRNA in the OT group was significantly lower than that in the sedentary group (32%, P<0.01)...
- Coexpression of Smad7 and UPA attenuates carbon tetrachloride-induced rat liver fibrosisBaocan Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Med Sci Monit 18:BR394-401. 2012..Previous studies showed that both Smad7 and uPA were inhibitors of liver fibrosis...
- UPA promotes lipid-loaded vascular smooth muscle cell migration through LRP-1Roberta Lugano
Cardiovascular Research Center, CSIC ICCC, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Av S Antoni M Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 100:262-71. 2013..The urokinase-plasminogen activator (UPA)/UPA receptor (UPAR) system plays a relevant role in vascular remodelling...
- Evaluation of plasma urokinase-type plasminogen activator and urokinase-type plasminogen-activator receptor in patients with acute and chronic hepatitis BHuanqin Zhou
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Zhejiang Hospital, Hangzhou 310013, China
Thromb Res 123:537-42. 2009Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) are known to be important factors in the pathogenesis of tumors and certain non-viral inflammatory diseases...
- Partial reversal of established bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis by rh-urokinase in a rat modelD A Hart
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, University of Calgary Health Sciences Centre, Alberta
Clin Invest Med 17:69-76. 1994..These results indicate that exogenous UK may be an effective therapeutic modality in the treatment of pulmonary fibrosis induced by some stimuli or developing in association with diseases such as scleroderma...
- Urokinase-targeted fusion by oncolytic Sendai virus eradicates orthotopic glioblastomas by pronounced synergy with interferon-β geneYuzo Hasegawa
Department of Neurological Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Mol Ther 18:1778-86. 2010..brain tumor, is highly invasive due to the expression of proteases, including urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA)...
- [Effect of inhalation of aerosolized unfractioned heparin on peri alveolar coagulability and inflammatory response in endotoxin induced acute lung injury rat model]Zong yu Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 23:239-42. 2011....
- Effect of dietary β carotene on cerebral aneurysm and subarachnoid haemorrhage in the brain apo E-/- miceK Gopal
Small Animal Facility, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad, India
J Thromb Thrombolysis 32:343-55. 2011..Real time analysis showed down regulation of mRNA levels of MMP 2, uPA, PAI, PPAR-A, MCSF1 and up regulation of tPA and MCP-1 in the brain during the progression of cerebral aneurysm and ..
- Identification of potential biomarkers of lymph node metastasis in oral squamous cell carcinoma by cDNA microarray analysisMasaki Nagata
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Int J Cancer 106:683-9. 2003..The tissues of OSCCs with lymph node metastasis exhibited increased expression levels of MMP-1, MMP-3, uPA, integrin-alpha3, paxillin, tenascin C and IL-6 transcripts...
- Combination therapy of 17beta-estradiol and recombinant tissue plasminogen activator for experimental ischemic strokeRan Liu
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 332:1006-12. 2010..The expression and activation of urokinase (uPA), MMP2, and MMP9 were significantly increased in ischemic hemisphere after transient cerebral ischemia...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator induces smooth muscle cell migration: key role of growth factor-like domainV Stepanova
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Institute of Experimental Cardiology, Cardiology Research Center, Moscow, Russia
FEBS Lett 414:471-4. 1997We defined the role of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its growth factor-like domain (GFD) in stimulating smooth muscle cell (SMC) migration...
- Urokinase redistribution from the secreted to the cell-bound fraction in granulosa cells of rat preovulatory folliclesE Macchione
Dipartimento di Istologia ed Embriologia Medica, University of Rome, La Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy
Biol Reprod 62:895-903. 2000..rat, gonadotropins stimulate tissue-type PA (tPA) production, the same hormonal stimulation induces urokinase PA (uPA) secretion in mouse cells...
- Expression of urokinase plasminogen activator and its receptor during acute renal allograft rejectionJoris J T H Roelofs
Department of Pathology and Renal Transplant Unit, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 64:1845-53. 2003In inflammation, urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) play an important role in fibrinolysis and in activation and chemotaxis of neutrophils and lymphocytes...
- [Association of uPA and uPAR expression with invasive behaviors of urinary transitional cell carcinoma]Yan Jiang Li
Department of Urology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, PR China
Ai Zheng 23:704-6. 2004Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA)/its receptor (uPAR), serine protease system, plays a key role in the degradation of extracellular matrix and basement membranes, and intensifying the tumor invasion...
- Urokinase gene 3'-UTR T/C polymorphism is associated with oral cancerMing Hsui Tsai
Department of Otolaryngology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 18:276-9. 2004..Therefore, the urokinase gene 3'-UTR "T" allele is associated with oral cancer and may play a role in oral cancer formation. However, we did not find the relationship between tumor progression and this polymorphism...
- Association of Urokinase Gene 3'-UTR T/C polymorphism with bladder cancerParmeet Kaur Manchanda
Department of Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Urol Int 77:81-4. 2006..Our aim was to evaluate whether polymorphism of the urokinase gene is associated with transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary bladder...
- Increased expression and activity of urokinase-type plasminogen activator during epileptogenesisLaura Lahtinen
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, and Departmentof Neurology, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Eur J Neurosci 24:1935-45. 2006..profiling study revealed a sevenfold upregulation in the expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) during epileptogenesis...
- [Effect of amiloride on the pathology of a rat model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Xiu di Han
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 30:363-7. 2007..inhibitor of urokinase, on pathological and pathophysiological changes of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) model, and to investigate the role of urokinase plasminogen activator system components in the pathogenesis of COPD.
- Urokinase gene transfer augments angiogenesis in ischemic skeletal and myocardial muscleDmitry O Traktuev
Indiana Center for Vascular Biology and Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Mol Ther 15:1939-46. 2007b>Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) is required for both endogenous and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-augmented angiogenesis in normal tissues, leading us to hypothesize that uPA augmentation by gene transfer might promote ..
- Small, potent, and selective diaryl phosphonate inhibitors for urokinase-type plasminogen activator with in vivo antimetastatic propertiesJurgen Joossens
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
J Med Chem 50:6638-46. 2007..Some of these inhibitors show potent and highly selective irreversible uPA inhibition...
- Confronting complexity in late-onset Alzheimer disease: application of two-stage analysis approach addressing heterogeneity and epistasisTricia A Thornton-Wells
Biobehavioral Intervention Training Program, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Vanderbilt University Institute for Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Genet Epidemiol 32:187-203. 2008..to detect main effects and gene-gene interactions, markers in three genes--urokinase-type plasminogen activator (PLAU), angiotensin 1 converting enzyme (ACE) and cell division cycle 2 (CDC2)--were found to be associated with LOAD in ..
- Deleterious effects of plasminogen activators in neonatal cerebral hypoxia-ischemiaFaisal Adhami
Division of Developmental Biology and Division of Neurology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1704-16. 2008..hours) and were accompanied by acute induction of both tissue-type and urinary-type plasminogen activators (tPA and uPA), which was not observed in adult brains subjected to the same insult...
- Both tissue-type plasminogen activator and urokinase prevent intraabdominal abscess formation after surgical treatment of peritonitis in the ratO R Buyne
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Surgery 144:66-73. 2008..Fibrinolytic therapy may be effective in this respect. The efficacy of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) and urokinase is compared in a preclinical model for surgical treatment of peritonitis...
- Blood brain barrier (BBB) dysfunction associated with increased expression of tissue and urokinase plasminogen activators following peripheral thermal injuryTarak H Patel
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, United States
Neurosci Lett 444:222-6. 2008Emerging data suggests the serine proteases, tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), may play a detrimental role in traumatic states leading to compromise of the blood brain barrier (BBB)...
- [Effects of shear stress on expression of plasminogen activator (tPA and uPA) in cultured kidney proximal tubular epithelial cells and its significance]Lijun Pu
Department of Nephrology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 25:1319-21, 1343. 2008In this study, we assessed the effects of shear stress on the expression of plasminogen activator(tPA and uPA) mRNA in cultured NRK-52E cells (a kidney proximal tubular epithelial cell line of normal rat origin) and investigated the ..
- Lipopolysaccharide upregulates uPA, MMP-2 and MMP-9 via ERK1/2 signaling in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cellsYi Chang Cheng
Emergency Department, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biochem 325:15-23. 2009Upregulation of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), and matrix metallopeptidases (MMPs) is associated with the development of myocardial infarction (MI), dilated cardiomyopathy, cardiac fibrosis, ..
- Effects of losartan on hepatic expression of nonphagocytic NADPH oxidase and fibrogenic genes in patients with chronic hepatitis CJordi Colmenero
Liver Unit, Institut Clinic de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G726-34. 2009..Controlled studies are warranted to assess the effect of AT1 receptor blockers in chronic liver injury...
- No replication of genetic association between candidate polymorphisms and Alzheimer's diseaseEmmanuelle Cousin
Biological Sciences Department, sanofi aventis Recherche et Développement, Centre de Genetique Humaine, 91057 Evry, France
Neurobiol Aging 32:1443-51. 2011..with Alzheimer's disease was previously detected: ACE, BACE1, BDNF, ECE1, HSPG2, IDE, IL1a, IL6, IL10, MAPT, PLAU, PrnP, PSEN1, SORL1, TFCP2 and TGFb1...
- Identification of a novel biomarker signature associated with risk for bone metastasis in patients with renal cell carcinomaBernard Paule
INSERM, UMRS 940, Paris, France
Int J Biol Markers 25:112-5. 2010..Among the transcripts of the genes studied, VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2, HIF-1alpha, uPA , and PA I-1 overexpression in tumor tissues was significantly associated with the presence of bone metastasis (p=0...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator system and human cationic antimicrobial protein 18 in serum and induced sputum of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseYuanyuan Jiang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Respirology 15:939-46. 2010..The objective of this study was to quantify several innate immune biomarkers in serum and induced sputum of COPD patients, and healthy non-smokers and smokers...
- Differential patterns of local gene regulation in crush lesions of the rat optic and sciatic nerve: relevance to posttraumatic regenerationPhilipp Zickler
Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 26:483-94. 2010..The differential orchestration of local gene regulation has implications for axonal regeneration in central nervous system lesions...
- Neuron Regeneration and Proliferation Effects of Danshen and Tanshinone IIAJui Lung Shen
Department of Dermatology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung 40705, Taiwan
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:378907. 2011..The results showed that danshen increased the expressions of uPA, cyclin D1, E and ERK, JNK, and P38 MAP kinases via the FGF-2 signaling pathway in a dose-dependent manner...
- Plasminogen activator promotes recovery following spinal cord injuryNICHOLAS SEEDS
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, and Neuroscience Program, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:961-7. 2011..mice lacking various genes in the plasminogen activator/plasmin system has shown that induction of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) is required during the first hour after a C2-hemisection for the acquisition of the CPP ..
- The expression of fibrinolytic components in chronic paranasal sinus diseaseTakayuki Sejima
Upper Airway Research Laboratory, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Am J Rhinol Allergy 25:1-6. 2011..To clarify the relationship between these components and the pathology of CRS, we analyzed fibrinolytic components in sinonasal mucosa of CRS...
- Mutant prourokinase with adjunctive C1-inhibitor is an effective and safer alternative to tPA in rat strokeSimone Tomasi
Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Orbassano, Turin, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e21999. 2011A single-site mutant (M5) of native urokinase plasminogen activator (prouPA) induces effective thrombolysis in dogs with venous or arterial thrombosis with a reduction in bleeding complications compared to tPA...
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) regulates blood-testis barrier (BTB) in adult ratsA Catizone
Dept of Anatomy, Histology, Forensic Medicine and Orthopedics, Section of Histology and Embryology, School of Pharmacy and Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 348:135-46. 2012..we report that, at stages VII-VIII, HGF significantly increases the amount of active TGF-β and the amount of uPA present in the tubules...
- Proteins and carbohydrates in nipple aspirate fluid predict the presence of atypia and cancer in women requiring diagnostic breast biopsyWenyi Qin
Department of Surgery, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 501 N Columbia Rd, Grand Forks, ND 58202, USA
BMC Cancer 12:52. 2012..study determined if concentrations in breast nipple discharge (ND) of two proteins (urinary plasminogen activator, uPA and its inhibitor, PAI-1) predicted the presence of breast atypia and cancer in pre- and/or postmenopausal women ..
- Whole genome microarray of the major pelvic ganglion after cavernous nerve injury: new insights into molecular profile changes after nerve injuryGiulia Calenda
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
BJU Int 109:1552-64. 2012....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and uPA/suPAR system in early and advanced chronic kidney disease patients: a new link between angiogenesis and hyperfibrinolysis?Krystyna Pawlak
Department of Monitored Pharmacotherapy, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
Transl Res 160:346-54. 2012..tissue factor (TF), its inhibitor (TFPI), and fibrinolytic system: urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), its soluble receptor (suPAR), tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), ..
- Inhaled unfractionated heparin improves abnormalities of alveolar coagulation, fibrinolysis and inflammation in endotoxemia-induced lung injury ratsZong yu Wang
Department of Intensive Care Unit, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 126:318-24. 2013..We also assessed the effects of different administration regimens of heparin...
- Possible involvement of urokinase-type plasminogen activator release from human peripheral blood lymphocytes in the pathophysiology of chronic allograft nephropathyY Yamaguchi
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Transplant Proc 37:4276-81. 2005..In our previous study, [Deamino-Cys1, D-Arg8]-vasopressin (dDAVP) induced urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) release from human peripheral T lymphocytes via arginine vasopressin (AVP) V2-receptor-mediated reaction enhanced ..
- Progress of tissue injury in appendicitis involves the serine proteases uPA and PAI-1Anna Solberg
Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:579-84. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the expression and distribution of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen-activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) in appendicitis.
- Role of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha in the regulation of plasminogen activator activity in rat knee joint chondrocytesG Zhu
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China Hospital of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:1494-502. 2009..To examine the effects of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) on the plasminogen activator's (PA) activity and on the expression of components of PA system in articular chondrocytes of rats...
- Antineoplastic effect of iodine in mammary cancer: participation of 6-iodolactone (6-IL) and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPAR)Carmen Aceves
Instituto de Neurobiologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Campus UNAM Juriquilla, Queretaro, Mexico
Mol Cancer 8:33. 2009....
- Therapeutic administration of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 prevents hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in newbornsDianer Yang
Division of Developmental Biology and Division of Neurology, Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Neurosci 29:8669-74. 2009..Together, these results suggest that the brain PA system plays a pivotal role in neonatal cerebral HI and may be a promising therapeutic target in infants suffering hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy...
- Thrombus versus wall biological activities in experimental aortic aneurysmsMichèle Coutard
INSERM, U 698, and University Paris 7, FR 75877 Paris, France
J Vasc Res 47:355-66. 2010....
- Fraxinus rhynchophylla ethanol extract attenuates carbon tetrachloride-induced liver fibrosis in rats via down-regulating the expressions of uPA, MMP-2, MMP-9 and TIMP-1Wen Huang Peng
Graduate Institute of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Ethnopharmacol 127:606-13. 2010..To investigate the effect of Fraxinus rhynchophylla ethanol extract (FR(EtOH)) on liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4)) in rats...
- Fasudil, a Rho-kinase inhibitor, protects against excessive endurance exercise training-induced cardiac hypertrophy, apoptosis and fibrosis in ratsTsung Jung Ho
School of Chinese Medicine, College of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, 40402, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Appl Physiol 112:2943-55. 2012..cytochrome C, cleaved caspase-3 and PARP), and fibrosis-related pathways (FGF-2-ERK1/2) and fibrosis markers (uPA, MMP-9 and -2). These pathways were then expressed lower in the EEET-F group when compared with the EEET group...
- The receptor for the plasminogen activator of urokinase type is up-regulated in transformed rat thyroid cellsP Ragno
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Naples, Italy
FEBS Lett 306:193-8. 1992Five rat thyroid cell lines were tested for the expression of the cell surface receptor for urokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA)...
- Transcriptional and posttranscriptional activation of urokinase plasminogen activator gene expression in metastatic tumor cellsB R Henderson
Department of Medicine, University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 52:2489-96. 1992b>Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) is a serine protease which has frequently been implicated in the process of tumor cell invasion and metastasis...
- An antiangiogenic urokinase-derived peptide combined with tamoxifen decreases tumor growth and metastasis in a syngeneic model of breast cancerYongjing Guo
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A1 Canada
Cancer Res 62:4678-84. 2002Expression of urokinase (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) is associated with increased tumor-cellinvasion and metastasis in several malignancies including breast cancer...
- Plasminogen activator-plasmin system potentiates the proliferation of hepatocytes in primary cultureMakoto Akao
Department of Nutrition and Physiology, Nihon University Graduate School of Applied Life Sciences, Kameino 1866, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252 8510, Japan
Thromb Res 107:169-74. 2002..We have examined the role of fibrinolytic factors, i.e., tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), and their substrate, plasminogen, in the proliferation of hepatocytes in primary culture.
- Role of plasminogen activators during healing after uterine serosal lesioning in the ratUjjwal Kumar Rout
C S Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Fertil Steril 79:138-45. 2003..Study the expression pattern of tissue-type (t-PA) and urokinase-type (u-PA) plasminogen activators during uterine serosal healing after lesioning in a rat model...
- Expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptor is up-regulated during tendon healingWei Xia
Orthopaedic Research Institute, The St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Kogarah, Sydney, NSW 2217, Australia
J Orthop Res 21:819-25. 2003The urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) system has been implicated in cell migration, angiogenesis, extracellular matrix synthesis and tissue remodelling. However, little is known about the role of the system in tendon healing...
- Tissue plasminogen activator in primary afferents induces dorsal horn excitability and pain response after peripheral nerve injuryHiroki Yamanaka
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 19:93-102. 2004..We found the induction of mRNAs for tissue type plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) in the rat dorsal root ganglia following sciatic nerve transection...
- Differences in the implantation rates of rat embryos developed in vivo and in vitro: possible role for plasminogen activatorsEliahu D Aflalo
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Fertil Steril 81:780-5. 2004To assess the participation of urokinase-type (uPA) and tissue-type (tPA) plasminogen activators in embryo development and implantation.
- Differential regulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression by fluid shear stress in human coronary artery endothelial cellsTakaaki Sokabe
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Univ of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2027-34. 2004..Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) plays a role in vascular remodeling by facilitating smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation in addition to ..
- Association between urokinase-plasminogen activator gene T4065C polymorphism and risk of mitral valve prolapseHsiang Tai Chou
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, China Medical College Hospital, 2 Yuh Der Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Cardiol 96:165-70. 2004..Urokinase-plasminogen activator (PLAU) was suggested to be involved in the pathogenesis of elastin and collagen degradation in arterial aneurysm...
- Renal synthesis of urokinase type-plasminogen activator, its receptor, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in diabetic nephropathy in rats: modulation by angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitorMiyazaki Kenichi
The Department of Histology and Cell Biology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
J Lab Clin Med 144:69-77. 2004..here we examined the expression of plasminogen-activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), and uPA receptor (uPAR), as well as the relevance of such expression to the production of type IV collagen, a ..
- Involvement of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in sphingosylphosphorylcholine-induced angiogenesisYong Jun Piao
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daesa dong, Daejeon, Korea
Exp Dermatol 14:356-62. 2005..Subsequently, we examined whether SPC affected the production of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), an important regulator of angiogenesis, and found that SPC stimulated the expression of uPA at both the ..
- Urokinase plasminogen activator in injured adventitia increases the number of myofibroblasts and augments early proliferationOlga S Plekhanova
Cardiology Research Centre, Moscow, Russia
J Vasc Res 43:437-46. 2006..We assessed the role of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its proteolytic activity in myofibroblast differentiation and the early proliferation ..
- Cell surface-bound plasminogen regulates hepatocyte proliferation through a uPA-dependent mechanismNobuaki Okumura
Laboratory of Nutrition and Physiology, Department of Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, Nihon University College of Bioresource Sciences, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1542-9. 2007..The addition of plasminogen to hepatocytes increased urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) activity, but did not affect matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 or MMP-2 activities...
- PAI-1 plays an important role in liver failure after excessive hepatectomy in the ratKazuteru Watanabe
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
J Surg Res 143:13-9. 2007....
- Gene expression changes of urokinase plasminogen activator and urokinase receptor in rat testes at postnatal stagesDong hui Huang
Family Planning Research Institute, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Asian J Androl 9:679-83. 2007To investigate the gene expression changes of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)/urokinase receptor (uPAR) in rat testes at postnatal stages and explore the effects of uPA/uPAR system on the rat spermatogenesis.
- [Effects of losartan on expressions of plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 of rat proximal tubular epithelial cells cultured with high glucose]Li Jun Pu
Department of Nephrology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:813-5. 2007..To investigate the effects of high glucose on expressions of plasminogen activator (PA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) of rat proximal tubular epithelial cells, and the role of angiotensin II receptor antagonist Losartan...
- Association between urokinase haplotypes and outcome from infection-associated acute lung injuryJohn Arcaroli
University of Colorado at Denver, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Surgery, Denver, Colorado, USA
Intensive Care Med 34:300-7. 2008..The objective of this study was to examine associations between polymorphisms and haplotypes of urokinase with risk for and outcomes from ALI...
- Transplantation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator gene-modified bone marrow-derived liver stem cells reduces liver fibrosis in ratsChao Sun
Department of Gastroenterology, Xinhua Hospital, College of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
J Gene Med 10:855-66. 2008..characterized by an accumulation of extracellular matrix (ECM) and levels of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) play an important role in ECM degradation...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) in sputum of allergic asthma patientsKrzysztof Kowal
Department of Allergology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 46:193-8. 2008b>Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor (PAI-1) have been associated with asthma. The aim of this study was to evaluate concentration of uPA and PAI-1 in induced sputum of house dust mite allergic asthmatics (HDM-AAs)...
- [Changes of u-PA and PAI-1 expression in the lung tissue of neonatal rats after inhaling high concentration oxygen]Xue Yan Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 46:458-63. 2008....
- The proliferation and migration effects of huangqi on RSC96 Schwann cellsWen Kuei Fang
Graduate Institute of Chinese Medical Science, Taipei Physical Education College, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 37:945-59. 2009..mechanisms, which include: (1) cyclin D1, A, E-cell cycle factors and MAPK signaling proliferation (2) FGF-2-UPA-MMPs migration signaling. After treatment with various Huanqi concentrations (1.25, 12...
- Evaluation of a pediatric protocol of intrapleural urokinase for pleural empyema: a prospective studyGiorgio Stefanutti
Paediatric Surgery Unit, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Surgery 148:589-94. 2010..However, optimal dosing in children is debated. The aim of this study was to prospectively evaluate a specific pediatric protocol of intrapleural urokinase...
- Association of polymorphisms in the genes of the urokinase plasminogen activation system with susceptibility to and severity of non-small cell lung cancerChuen Ming Shih
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Chim Acta 412:194-8. 2011Urokinase plasminogen activating (uPA) system is implicated in neoplastic progression. High tissue levels of uPA system components correlate with a poor prognosis in lung cancer...
- uPA, uPAR and TGFβ₁ expression during early and late post myocardial infarction period in rat myocardiumAnastasia Stavropoulou
Department of Experimental Physiology, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 75 Micras Asias, Goudi Athens 11527, Greece
In Vivo 24:647-52. 2010The expression patterns of transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGFβ₁), urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and uPA receptor (uPAR) were analysed after artery ligation-induced myocardial infarction (MI) in the rat myocardium...
- Plasma soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 levels predict outcomes of pneumonia-related septic shock patients: a prospective observational studyKuang Yao Yang
Chest Department, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Shipai Road, Taipei 112, Taiwan, ROC
Crit Care 15:R11. 2011..endothelial growth factor (VEGF), soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (sVEGFR1) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) have diverse effects in the pathogenesis of sepsis, which involve pro-inflammation, anti-..
- PLASMIN, FIBRIN, AND METALLOPROTEINASES IN LUNG FIBROSISThomas Sisson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This impaired activity occurs from an imbalance between urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its major inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...