Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plat
Description: plasminogen activator, tissue type
Alias: PATISS, tPA, tissue-type plasminogen activator, t-PA, t-plasminogen activator, tissue plasminogen activator
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase regulates FSH-induced expression of tissue-type plasminogen activator through an activator protein 1 response elementWei Yang
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Da Tun Lu, Chao Yang District, Beijing, 100101, China
Endocrine 34:101-7. 2008..protein kinase (MAPK) and activator protein-1 (AP-1) in the regulation of FSH-induced tissue type plasminogen activator (tPA) production in granulosa cells (GCs) prepared from DES-treated immature rats; Treatment of the ..
- Temporal profile of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and inhibitor expression after transient focal cerebral ischemiaGang Zhao
Department of Pediatrics, Queen s University, Rm 6 303, Doran 3, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, Ontario K7L 2V7, Canada
Neuroreport 14:1689-92. 2003Altered tPA expression may influence the fate of neurons after cerebral ischemia...
- Chemical sympathectomy attenuates inflammation, glycocalyx shedding and coagulation disorders in rats with acute traumatic coagulopathyLin Xu
Research Institute of General Surgery, Jinling Hospital, Clinical School of Nanjing, Second Military Medical University, Nanjing, China Lin Xu and Wen Kui Yu contributed equally to this article
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 26:152-60. 2015..Moreover, sympathectomy yielded anti-inflammatory, antifibrinolysis and endothelial protective effects in rats with ATC. The role of autonomic neuropathy in ATC should be explored further. ..
- Regulation of tissue plasminogen activator/plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 by hydrocortisone in rat primary astrocytesKyoung Ja Kwon
Department of Neurology and Institute of Biomedical Science and Technology, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea
J Neurosci Res 89:1059-69. 2011Although originally known as a plasma serine protease involved in clot dissolution, tPA and its primary inhibitor, PAI-1, play crucial roles in synaptic reorganization and plasticity in the central nervous system...
- Tissue plasminogen activator for the treatment of intraventricular hematoma: the dose-effect relationshipYeou Chih Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Neurol Sci 202:35-41. 2002In this study, we investigated the dose-effect relationship and safety of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) for the treatment of intraventricular hemorrhage/hematoma (IVH) in rats...
- Long-term administration of highly purified eicosapentaenoic acid ethyl ester improves blood coagulation abnormalities and dysfunction of vascular endothelial cells in Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima fatty ratsYutaka Mori
Department of Internal Medicine, National Higashi Utsunomiya Hospital, Tochigi, Japan
Endocr J 50:603-11. 2003..These data demonstrate that EPA-E beneficially altered certain factors known to promote thrombosis and atherosclerosis in this animal model...
- Expression of type-1 plasminogen activator inhibitor in the kidney of diabetic rat modelsHiromi Hagiwara
Department of Nutrition and Physiology, Nihon University Graduate School of Applied Life Sciences, Kameino 1866, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252 8516, Japan
Thromb Res 111:301-9. 2003..However, gene expression of fibrinolytic factors in diabetic nephropathy has not been clearly defined. Therefore we determined the gene expression of fibrinolytic factors in the kidneys of diabetic rats...
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator promotes murine myofibroblast activation through LDL receptor-related protein 1-mediated integrin signalingKebin Hu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3821-32. 2007..Here we describe a signaling pathway that leads to this activation. Tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) promoted TGF-beta1-mediated alpha-SMA and type I collagen expression in rat kidney interstitial fibroblasts...
- Neurodegeneration induced by PVC-211 murine leukemia virus is associated with increased levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and macrophage inflammatory protein 1 alpha and is inhibited by blocking activation of microgliaXiujie Li
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Virol 83:4912-22. 2009..accumulation of activated microglia in the spongiform areas of the brain accompanied by an increase in tissue plasminogen activator, a product of microglia implicated in neurodegeneration...
- Biphasic regulation of tissue plasminogen activator activity in ischemic rat brain and in cultured neural cells: essential role of astrocyte-derived plasminogen activator inhibitor-1Ji Woon Kim
Department of Pharmacology, Research Institute of Medical Sciences and Institute of Functional Genomics, Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neurochem Int 58:423-33. 2011In brain, the serine protease tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and its endogenous inhibitor plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) have been implicated in the regulation of various neurophysiological and pathological responses...
- Thrombin activation and increased fibrinolysis in patients with chronic liver diseaseJ A Paramo
Haematology Service, University Clinic, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 2:227-30. 1991..liver disease by measuring thrombin-antithrombin (TAT) complexes, tissue-type plasminogen activator antigen (tPA Ag) and fibrinogen and fibrin degradation products (FgDP and FbDP respectively) in 66 patients with liver disease ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 mitigates brain injury in a rat model of infection-sensitized neonatal hypoxia-ischemiaDianer Yang
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Cereb Cortex 23:1218-29. 2013..We found that LPS pre-exposure blocked the HI-induced proteolytic activity of tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA), but significantly enhanced NF-κB signaling, microglia activation, and the production of pro-inflammatory ..
- Coagulofibrinolytic changes in patients with disseminated intravascular coagulation associated with post-cardiac arrest syndrome--fibrinolytic shutdown and insufficient activation of fibrinolysis lead to organ dysfunctionTakeshi Wada
Division of Acute and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Thromb Res 132:e64-9. 2013..markers, including soluble fibrin, thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI), tissue plasminogen activator-plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 complex (tPAIC), plasmin-alpha2 plasmin inhibitor complex (PPIC), ..
- Prevalence of genetic risk factors related with thrombophilia and hypofibrinolysis in patients with osteonecrosis of the femoral head in PolandJacek Gagala
Orthopaedic and Traumatology Department, Medical University of Lublin, ul, Dr K Jaczewskiego 8, 20 954 Lublin, Poland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:264. 2013..The aim of our study was to evaluate the relationship between genetic mutations leading to coagulation disorders and ONFH in Polish patients...
- LRP1 assembles unique co-receptor systems to initiate cell signaling in response to tissue-type plasminogen activator and myelin-associated glycoproteinElisabetta Mantuano
From the Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093
J Biol Chem 288:34009-18. 2013In addition to functioning as an activator of fibrinolysis, tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) interacts with neurons and regulates multiple aspects of neuronal cell physiology...
- Clinical experience with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator in the management of intracardiac and arterial thrombosis in childrenHasim Olgun
aDepartment of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology bDepartment of Pediatrics Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology cDepartment of Cardiovascular Surgery dDepartment of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Ataturk University Faculty of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 25:726-30. 2014..Drugs for therapeutic thrombolysis include streptokinase, urokinase and tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA). There is less experience with recombinant t-PA (rt-PA) in children...
- Noble-Collip Drum Trauma Induces Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation But Not Acute Coagulopathy of Trauma-ShockMineji Hayakawa
Division of Acute and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo and Department of Internal Medicine, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari gun, Japan
Shock 43:261-7. 2015..There are two opposing possibilities for the main pathogenesis of trauma-induced coagulopathy: an acute coagulopathy of trauma shock and disseminated intravascular coagulation with the fibrinolytic phenotype...
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor attenuates delayed tPA-induced hemorrhagic transformation in ischemic stroke rats by enhancing angiogenesis and vasculogenesisIke C Dela Peña
Center of Excellence for Aging and Brain Repair, Department of Neurosurgery and Brain Repair, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 35:338-46. 2015Treatment with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) beyond the therapeutic time window (>4.5 hours post stroke) may produce hemorrhagic transformation (HT)...
- Effect of activated protein C on impaired fibrinolysis in rats with obstructive jaundiceR Uchino
Department of Surgery, Kumamoto Rosai Hospital, Yatsushiro, Japan
Eur Surg Res 24:298-301. 1992..Thus, DIC in obstructive jaundice may be due to impairment of fibrinolysis and an increased susceptibility of endothelial cells to endotoxin. APC may be effective as a treatment for patients with obstructive jaundice associated with DIC...
- Decreased tissue factor and tissue-plasminogen activator antigen in relapsed acute promyelocytic leukemiaT Nakasaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Mie Ken, Japan
Am J Hematol 64:145-50. 2000..TF and tissue type plasminogen activator (t-PA) antigen levels in leukemic cell lysate were significantly increased in both groups, and they ..
- Thrombomodulin, tissue plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in Henoch-Schönlein purpuraN Besbas
Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Rheumatology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Rheumatol 16:95-8. 1998....
- Role of endogenous platelet-derived growth factor in arterial smooth muscle cell migration after balloon catheter injuryC L Jackson
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle
Arterioscler Thromb 13:1218-26. 1993....
- Influence of white blood cells on the fibrinolytic response to sepsis: studies of septic patients with or without severe leucopeniaM A Haj
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen Medical School, Foresterhill
Br J Haematol 90:541-7. 1995..When shock supervened, levels of PAI-I were high in both leucopenic and non-leucopenic groups, indicating that a source of PAI-I outwith the leucocytes themselves contributes to the phenomena observed...
- Elevation of plasma free PAI-1 levels as an integrated endothelial response to severe burnsK Aoki
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, 160 8582, Tokyo, Japan
Burns 27:569-75. 2001....
- Anti-c5a ameliorates coagulation/fibrinolytic protein changes in a rat model of sepsisInes J Laudes
Departments of Pathology and Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Am J Pathol 160:1867-75. 2002..of fibrinolysis was indicated by reduced plasma levels of plasminogen and increased levels of tissue plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor...
- Increased plasma tissue-type plasminogen activator levels in patients with chronic thrombocytopeniaM Hanss
Laboratoire d Hémobiologie, INSERM U 331, Institut Pasteur, Lyon, France
Haemostasis 20:341-6. 1990..These results can justify antifibrinolytic therapy in bleeding thrombocytopenic patients...
- Urokinase redistribution from the secreted to the cell-bound fraction in granulosa cells of rat preovulatory folliclesE Macchione
Dipartimento di Istologia ed Embriologia Medica, University of Rome, La Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy
Biol Reprod 62:895-903. 2000..In fact, whereas in the rat, gonadotropins stimulate tissue-type PA (tPA) production, the same hormonal stimulation induces urokinase PA (uPA) secretion in mouse cells...
- Blood brain barrier (BBB) dysfunction associated with increased expression of tissue and urokinase plasminogen activators following peripheral thermal injuryTarak H Patel
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, United States
Neurosci Lett 444:222-6. 2008Emerging data suggests the serine proteases, tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), may play a detrimental role in traumatic states leading to compromise of the blood brain barrier (BBB)...
- Increased expression and activity of urokinase-type plasminogen activator during epileptogenesisLaura Lahtinen
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, and Departmentof Neurology, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Eur J Neurosci 24:1935-45. 2006..These data suggest that uPA is involved in the reorganization of neuronal tissue during the epileptogenic process...
- The role and mechanism of the up-regulation of fibrinolytic activity in painful peripheral nerve injuryNie Yong
Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, People s Republic of China
Neurochem Res 34:587-92. 2009..We tested fibrinolytic activities and the expression level of tPA and uPA levels in chronic constriction injury (CCI) model...
- Evaluation of plasma urokinase-type plasminogen activator and urokinase-type plasminogen-activator receptor in patients with acute and chronic hepatitis BHuanqin Zhou
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Zhejiang Hospital, Hangzhou 310013, China
Thromb Res 123:537-42. 2009..We therefore analyzed their role and clinicopathological significance in patients with acute or chronic hepatitis B...
- Both tissue-type plasminogen activator and urokinase prevent intraabdominal abscess formation after surgical treatment of peritonitis in the ratO R Buyne
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Surgery 144:66-73. 2008..Fibrinolytic therapy may be effective in this respect. The efficacy of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) and urokinase is compared in a preclinical model for surgical treatment of peritonitis.
- Positive association of phencyclidine-responsive genes, PDE4A and PLAT, with schizophreniaXiangdong Deng
Division of Human Molecular Genetics, Research Center for Genetic Information, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:850-8. 2011..4 × 10(-6) ), PDE4A (P = 1.4 × 10(-6) ), and PLAT (P = 1 × 10(-3) ), after false discovery rate (FDR) correction...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) stimulates the expression and the release of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in neuronal cells: involvement of tPA in the neuroprotective effect of PACAPEmilie Raoult
Inserm U982, DC2N, Mont Saint Aignan, France
J Neurochem 119:920-31. 2011Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) play important roles in neuronal migration and survival...
- Physiological regulation of MMPs and tPA/PAI in the arterial wall of rats by noradrenergic tone and angiotensin IIHoucine Dab
Université de Carthage, Unité de Physiologie Intégrée, Laboratoire de Pathologies Vasculaires, Faculte des Sciences de Bizerte, Tunisia
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 13:36-45. 2012..mRNA, protein and activity of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 and mRNA of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) were quantified in abdominal aorta (AA) and ..
- Deleterious effects of plasminogen activators in neonatal cerebral hypoxia-ischemiaFaisal Adhami
Division of Developmental Biology and Division of Neurology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1704-16. 2008..lt;4 hours) and were accompanied by acute induction of both tissue-type and urinary-type plasminogen activators (tPA and uPA), which was not observed in adult brains subjected to the same insult...
- Tissue plasminogen activator prevents mortality from sulfur mustard analog-induced airway obstructionLivia A Veress
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 48:439-47. 2013..Adult rats exposed to SM analog were treated with intratracheal tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) (0.15-0.7 mg/kg, 5.5 and 6.5 h), compared with controls (no treatment, isoflurane, and placebo)...
- Cleavage of the NR2B subunit amino terminus of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor by tissue plasminogen activator: identification of the cleavage site and characterization of ifenprodil and glycine affinities on truncated NMDA receptorKay Siong Ng
Departments of Pharmacology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 287:25520-9. 2012Thrombolysis using tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) has been the key treatment for patients with acute ischemic stroke for the past decade...
- Fraxinus rhynchophylla ethanol extract attenuates carbon tetrachloride-induced liver fibrosis in rats via down-regulating the expressions of uPA, MMP-2, MMP-9 and TIMP-1Wen Huang Peng
Graduate Institute of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Ethnopharmacol 127:606-13. 2010..To investigate the effect of Fraxinus rhynchophylla ethanol extract (FR(EtOH)) on liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4)) in rats...
- Molecular requirements for safer generation of thrombolytics by bioengineering the tissue-type plasminogen activator A chainJ Parcq
INSERM, Inserm UMR S U919, University of Caen Basse Normandie, Serine Proteases and Pathophysiology of Neurovascular Unit, GIP Cyceron, Caen, France
J Thromb Haemost 11:539-46. 2013..Although t-PA is an efficient clot lysis enzyme, it also causes damage to the neurovascular unit, including hemorrhagic transformations and neurotoxicity...
- Developmental profile of tissue plasminogen activator in postnatal Long Evans rat visual cortexSha Zheng
Southwest Eye Hospital, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Mol Vis 14:975-82. 2008To investigate the distribution, expression, and activity of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in the visual cortex of the Long Evans rat during postnatal development, and to explore the relationship between tPA levels and the critical ..
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator is a regulator of monocyte diapedesis through the brain endothelial barrierArie Reijerkerk
Neuroimmunology Research Group, Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 181:3567-74. 2008..Our studies in plasma of rats indicated that the extracellular protease tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) correlates with the clinical signs of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, a rat model of multiple sclerosis...
- The impact of metabolic syndrome and CRP on vascular phenotype in type 2 diabetes mellitusReza Alizadeh Dehnavi
Vascular Medicine, Department of General Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Intern Med 19:115-21. 2008..The burden of cardiovascular disease in diabetes mellitus type 2 (DM2) patients is variable. We hypothesize that metabolic syndrome (MS) and low-grade systemic inflammation modify the extent of atherosclerosis in DM2...
- Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) activity is a novel and early marker of asymptomatic LEAD in type 2 diabetesDavid Sahli
Department of Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Thromb Res 123:701-6. 2009..Lower extremity arterial disease (LEAD) is often one of the first signs of a generalized atherosclerotic disease in type 1 and type 2 diabetic subjects...
- Testosterone upregulation of tissue type plasminogen activator expression in Sertoli cells : tPA expression in Sertoli cellsJian Guo
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100080, China
Endocrine 32:83-9. 2007Our previous studies have demonstrated that tissue type plasminogen activator (tPA) might be involved in matrix degradation of blood-testis barrier in rat...
- [Changes and significance of endogenous tissue plasminogen activators in cerebral hypoxia-ischemia in neonatal rats]Dan Yu
Department of Pediatrics, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 10:651-5. 2008..Many studies have shown that tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) plays an important role in nervous system. This study investigated the effect of tPA in HIBD in neonatal rats.
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue plasminogen activator activity by alpha-synuclein in rat primary glial cellsSo Hyun Joo
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Technology, Konkuk University, Hwayang dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 701, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 469:352-6. 2010..major components of Lewy body that has been implicated in the modulation of neuroinflammation, regulates MMP-9 and tPA activity, which plays important roles in neurodegeneration as well as regeneration processes, in cultured rat ..
- Stem cells downregulate the elevated levels of tissue plasminogen activator in rats after spinal cord injuryKrishna Kumar Veeravalli
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, One Illini Drive, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Neurochem Res 34:1183-94. 2009We investigated the involvement of tPA after SCI in rats and effect of treatment with human umbilical cord blood derived stem cells...
- Differential control of MMP and t-PA/PAI-1 expressions by sympathetic and renin-angiotensin systems in rat left ventricleHoucine Dab
Unité de Physiologie Intégrée, Laboratoire de Pathologies Vasculaires, Faculte des Sciences de Bizerte, Tunisia
Auton Neurosci 150:27-32. 2009..The enzymatic activity of MMPs does not seem to be influenced directly by Ang II but it could be stimulated indirectly (via sympathostimulator pathway)...
- A nonfibrin macromolecular cofactor for tPA-mediated plasmin generation following cellular injuryAndre L Samson
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Blood 114:1937-46. 2009Tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) is an extracellular protease that converts plasminogen into plasmin. For tPA to generate plasmin under biologic conditions, a cofactor must first bring tPA and plasminogen into physical proximity...
- Annexin A2 combined with low-dose tPA improves thrombolytic therapy in a rat model of focal embolic strokeHaihao Zhu
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:1137-46. 2010Recent studies showed that soluble annexin A2 dramatically increases tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)-mediated plasmin generation in vitro, and reduces thrombus formation in vivo...
- The Kringle-2 domain of tissue plasminogen activator significantly reduces mortality and brain infarction in middle cerebral artery occlusion ratsHaitao Zhang
Institute of Molecular Medicine and State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, P R China
Int J Mol Med 26:225-30. 2010b>Tissue plasminogen activator (TPA) showed brain-protective activity within the first 15 min after cerebral ischemia in rats...
- The structure of the TATA-less rat tissue-type plasminogen activator gene. Species-specific sequence divergences in the promoter predict differences in regulation of gene expressionP Feng
Department of Applied Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Umea, Sweden
J Biol Chem 265:2022-7. 1990The genomic region carrying the rat tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) gene including its 5'-flanking sequence has been isolated and characterized by restriction enzyme analysis, Southern blotting, and DNA sequencing of all coding ..
- [Effects of Erigeron breviscapus injection on TNF-alpha, PAI-1 and tPA in rats with acute myocardial infarction]Kai Wen Huang
the First People s Hospital of Shunde, Foshan 528300, China
Zhong Yao Cai 33:1592-5. 2010To research the effects of Erigeron breviscapus injection (EBI) on TNF-alpha, PAI-1 and tPA in rats with acute myocardial infarction.
- Cloning and characterization of a cDNA for rat tissue-type plasminogen activatorT Ny
Department of Applied Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Umea, Sweden
DNA 7:671-7. 1988..The site at Asn-187 is glycosylated in the human protein, revealing a different glycosylation pattern between the human and rat proteins...
- Dexamethasone inhibition of tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) activity: paradoxical induction of both tPA antigen and plasminogen activator inhibitorT D Gelehrter
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618
Mol Endocrinol 1:97-101. 1987..HTC PA was determined to be entirely of the tissue type (tPA), and both free and complexed antigen was quantified by a RIA using rabbit antirat tPA, with rat insulinoma tPA as ..
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator -7,351C/T enhancer polymorphism is associated with a first myocardial infarctionPer Ladenvall
Cardiovascular Institute, Clinical Experimental Research Laboratory, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg University, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 87:105-9. 2002We recently identified a polymorphic Sp1 binding site in an enhancer at the tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) locus (tPA -7,351C/T), which was associated with vascular tPA release...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and tissue-plasminogen activator in minority adolescents with type 2 diabetes and obesityVatcharapan Umpaichitra
Department of Pediatrics, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center corrected Brooklyn, NY 11212, USA
Pediatr Res 58:483-7. 2005....
- Role of tissue plasminogen activator/plasmin cascade in delayed neuronal death after transient forebrain ischemiaHiroshi Takahashi
Department of Neurosurgery, Fujinomiya City General Hospital, Fujinomiya shi, Shizuoka ken 418 0076, Japan
Neurosci Lett 381:189-93. 2005We studied the possible involvement of the tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA)/plasmin system on both delayed neuronal death in the hippocampus and the associated enhancement of locomotor activity in rats, after transient forebrain ..
- Fibrin-modifying serine proteases thrombin, tPA, and plasmin in ischemic stroke: a reviewJohn J Sheehan
Program in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology and Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University Medical Center at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
Glia 50:340-50. 2005..Treatment of ischemic stroke with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) can improve patient outcomes...
- Rapid, activity-induced increase in tissue plasminogen activator is mediated by metabotropic glutamate receptor-dependent mRNA translationChan Y Shin
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8103, USA
J Neurosci 24:9425-33. 2004..b>Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) is a secreted protease required for some forms of long-term synaptic plasticity...
- Reductions in mRNA of the neuroprotective agent, neuroserpin, after cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in diabetic ratsWang Liang
Institute of Neurology, Fudan University, 12 Wulumuqi Zhong Road, 200040, Shanghai, China
Brain Res 1015:175-80. 2004..Cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in normal and diabetic rats was accompanied by increased expression of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA), urokinase plasminogen activator (u-PA), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) and ..
- NF1 regulatory element functions as a repressor of tissue plasminogen activator expressionNhat Long Pham
Division of Vascular Biology, La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, San Diego Calif 92121, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:982-7. 2004Analysis of the distribution of endothelial cell tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in the vasculature of rodents and primates demonstrated that tPA is constitutively expressed predominantly in small artery endothelial cells of brain and ..
- Differences in the implantation rates of rat embryos developed in vivo and in vitro: possible role for plasminogen activatorsEliahu D Aflalo
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Fertil Steril 81:780-5. 2004To assess the participation of urokinase-type (uPA) and tissue-type (tPA) plasminogen activators in embryo development and implantation.
- Tissue plasminogen activator in primary afferents induces dorsal horn excitability and pain response after peripheral nerve injuryHiroki Yamanaka
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 19:93-102. 2004..We found the induction of mRNAs for tissue type plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) in the rat dorsal root ganglia following sciatic ..
- Blood coagulation and fibrinolysis before and after exhaustive exercise in patients with IDDMThomas Hilberg
Department of Sports Medicine, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Wöllnitzerstr 42, D 07749 Jena, Germany
Thromb Haemost 90:1065-73. 2003..The rest values (mean of the two rest samples) in extrinsic total thrombin potential (TTPex, P=0.049), tPA-activity (P=0.007) were significantly higher and in PAI-1-antigen (P=0.002) -activity (P=0...
- Is tissue-plasminogen activator gene polymorphism a risk factor for venous thromboembolism in every population?I Kivilcim Oguzulgen
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Gazi University School of Medicine, Turan Gunes Bulvari 92 2, Cankaya 06550, Ankara, Turkey
J Thromb Thrombolysis 19:61-3. 2005..The aim of this study is to investigate the role of t-PA gene polymorphism in Turkish venous thromboembolism (VTE) patients...
- The role of proteases in fibronectin matrix remodeling in thyroid epithelial cell monolayer culturesLuigi Nezi
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, CNR, Dpt Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Napoli, Italy
Biol Chem 383:167-76. 2002..These results indicate that in the FN remodeling process, occurring during FRT epithelium maturation, both plasmin-dependent (tPA activated) and plasmin-independent proteolytic activities are involved.
- New atherosclerosis risk factors in obese, hypertensive and diabetic children and adolescentsBarbara Glowinska
IInd Department of Children s Diseases, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
Atherosclerosis 167:275-86. 2003..Lp(a)), apolipoprotein A-I (Apo A-I), apolipoprotein B (Apo B), homocysteine (Hcy), fibrinogen (FB), tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) and tissue plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1)) in children and adolescents with ..
- Recombinant human tissue plasminogen activator protects the basal lamina in experimental focal cerebral ischemiaDorothe Burggraf
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Klinikum Grossadern, Germany
Thromb Haemost 89:1072-80. 2003While recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) is successfully used in human ischemic stroke, it may also cause hemorrhagic complications...
- Enhanced tissue plasminogen activator synthesis by the sympathetic neurons that innervate aging vesselsXi Jiang
Department of Pathology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
J Neurosci Res 71:567-74. 2003We investigated the source of the increased release of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) into the circulation that occurs during natural aging...
- Role of plasminogen activators during healing after uterine serosal lesioning in the ratUjjwal Kumar Rout
C S Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Fertil Steril 79:138-45. 2003..Study the expression pattern of tissue-type (t-PA) and urokinase-type (u-PA) plasminogen activators during uterine serosal healing after lesioning in a rat model...
- Plasminogen activator-plasmin system potentiates the proliferation of hepatocytes in primary cultureMakoto Akao
Department of Nutrition and Physiology, Nihon University Graduate School of Applied Life Sciences, Kameino 1866, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252 8510, Japan
Thromb Res 107:169-74. 2002..We have examined the role of fibrinolytic factors, i.e., tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), and their substrate, plasminogen, in the proliferation of ..
- Reciprocal actions of NCAM and tPA via a Ras-dependent MAPK activation in rat hippocampal neuronsHyeon Son
Department of Biochemistry, Hanyang University College of Medicine, 17 Haengdang dong, Sungdong gu, Seoul 133 791, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298:262-8. 2002In an attempt to identify the functions of neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in hippocampal synaptic plasticity, we investigated the relationship between the two molecules by focusing on mitogen-..
- Additional evidence that the sympathetic nervous system regulates the vessel wall release of tissue plasminogen activatorY Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:471-81. 2002It is established that sympathetic neurons can synthesize, transport and store tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) within axon terminals in the smooth muscle of vessel walls. Moreover, sympathetic excitations (e.g...
- Impaired fibrinolytic activity in type II diabetes: correlation with urinary albumin excretion and progression of renal diseaseM Kamgar
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, 80262, USA
Kidney Int 69:1899-903. 2006..5 vs 72.3%, P < 0.07) in the diabetic patients with more impaired fibrinolysis and greater UAE. Thus a prospective, randomized clinical trial in type II diabetes with PAI-1 inhibitors is needed...
- Regulation of seizure spreading by neuroserpin and tissue-type plasminogen activator is plasminogen-independentManuel Yepes
Department of Vascular Biology, American Red Cross Holland Laboratory, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1571-8. 2002Tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) is a highly specific serine proteinase expressed in the CNS during events that require neuronal plasticity...
- [Effects of losartan on expressions of plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 of rat proximal tubular epithelial cells cultured with high glucose]Li Jun Pu
Department of Nephrology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:813-5. 2007..To investigate the effects of high glucose on expressions of plasminogen activator (PA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) of rat proximal tubular epithelial cells, and the role of angiotensin II receptor antagonist Losartan...
- Association of PAI-1 4G/5G and -844G/A gene polymorphism and changes in PAI-1/tPA levels in stroke: a case-control studySarra Saidi
Research Unit of Hematological and Autoimmune Diseases, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 16:153-9. 2007..the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene, along with altered PAI-1 and tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) levels, have been implicated in stroke pathogenesis...
- Microvascular tissue plasminogen activator is reduced in diabetic neuropathyCharlene E Hafer-Macko
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1595, USA
Neurology 69:268-74. 2007..linked to diabetic macrovascular disease; whether key vascular endothelial regulatory proteins, such as tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), are altered in diabetic neuropathy microvasculature is unknown...
- Tissue type plasminogen activator induced in rat dorsal horn astrocytes contributes to mechanical hypersensitivity following dorsal root injuryToyoko Kozai
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Glia 55:595-603. 2007..b>Tissue type plasminogen activator (tPA) is a well-known extracellular serine protease and is involved in the modification of the ..
- Beneficial effects of dalteparin on haemostatic function and local tissue oxygenation in patients with diabetes, severe vascular disease and foot ulcersMajid Kalani
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Res 120:653-61. 2007..We have previously reported an improved outcome of chronic diabetic foot ulcers during treatment with dalteparin. In the present study we investigated the effects of dalteparin on skin microcirculation and haemostatic function...
- [Value of coagulation function and fibrinolytic system assessment in patients with gestational diabetes mellitus]Bao ying Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Guangzhou Chest Hospital, Guangzhou 510095, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:35-7. 2007..To study the clinical implications of changes of coagulation function and fibrinolytic system in patients with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- Effect of troglitazone on serum gamma-glutamyltransferase activity and plasma t-PA/PAI-1 complex in type 2 diabetic patientsHideki Koh
Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Mita Hospital, International University of Health and Welfare, Tokyo, Japan
Arzneimittelforschung 56:288-94. 2006..This study was conducted to determine whether troglitazone (CAS 97322-87-7, Noscal), a thiazolidinedione with alpha-tocopherol in the side chain, had an antioxidant effect in patients with Type 2 diabetes...
- Tissue plasminogen activator, von Willebrand factor, and risk of type 2 diabetes in older menS Goya Wannamethee
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Rowland Hill St, London NW3 2PF, UK
Diabetes Care 31:995-1000. 2008..of this study was to assess the relationship between putative markers of endothelial dysfunction (tissue plasminogen activator [t-PA] antigen and von Willebrand factor [vWF] antigen) and development of type 2 diabetes, as well as ..
- Activity-dependent release of tissue plasminogen activator from the dendritic spines of hippocampal neurons revealed by live-cell imagingJanis E Lochner
Department of Chemistry, Lewis and Clark College, Portland, OR 97219, USA
J Neurobiol 66:564-77. 2006b>Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) has been implicated in a variety of important cellular functions, including learning-related synaptic plasticity and potentiating N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-dependent signaling...
- Identification of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies against tissue plasminogen activator in the antiphospholipid syndromeCai Sheng Lu
University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:4018-27. 2005To test the hypotheses that some plasmin-reactive anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) may bind to tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and that some of the tPA-reactive aCL may inhibit tPA activity.
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator acts as a cytokine that triggers intracellular signal transduction and induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 gene expressionKebin Hu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, S 405 Biomedical Science Tower, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2120-7. 2006Tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA), a serine protease well known for generating plasmin, has been demonstrated to induce matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) gene expression and protein secretion in renal interstitial fibroblasts...
- Fibrinolytic gene polymorphism and ischemic strokeKatarina Jood
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, The Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Stroke 36:2077-81. 2005The tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) -7351C>T and the plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) -675 4G>5G polymorphisms influence transcriptional activity...
- Matrix-degrading enzymes tissue plasminogen activator and matrix metalloprotease-3 in the hypothalamo-neurohypophysial systemSeiji Miyata
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Kyoto, Japan
Brain Res 1058:1-9. 2005..study localization and activity-dependent changes in the expression of matrix-degrading enzymes such as tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and matrix metalloprotease-3 (MMP-3)...
- Tissue plasminogen activator promotes matrix metalloproteinase-9 upregulation after focal cerebral ischemiaKiyoshi Tsuji
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Stroke 36:1954-9. 2005Thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in ischemic stroke is limited by increased risks of cerebral hemorrhage and brain injury...
- [Expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and tissue plasminogen activator in the kidney of KKAy mice with type 2 diabetes]Li meng Chen
Department of Nephrology, PUMC Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100730, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 27:344-8. 2005To study the role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in the accumulation of extracellular matrix (ECM) in the kidney of KKAy mice with type 2 diabetes.
- Stimulated release of tissue plasminogen activator from artery wall sympathetic nerves: implications for stress-associated wall damageZhifang Hao
Department of Pathology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 3105, USA
Stress 8:141-9. 2005..Stress stimulates acute regulated release of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) into the circulation, which is presently attributed to the vascular endothelium...
- TREATMENT OF TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY WITH SIMVASTATINAsim Mahmood; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY AND MARROW STROMAL CELLSAsim Mahmood; Fiscal Year: 2009..If the treatment combining MSCs with simvastatin is found to be more effective than monotherapy, this will increase the clinical relevance of MSC treatment by allowing us to use smaller and safer doses. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN HUMAN DIABETIC NEUROPATHYCHARLENE HAFER MACKO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our preliminary data shows that tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) is absent from a substantial proportion of endoneurial vessels in diabetic nerves, but not ..