Gene Symbol: Pitx3
Description: paired-like homeodomain 3
Alias: homeobox protein PITX3, homeobox protein PTX3, paired-like homeodomain transcription factor 3, pituitary homeobox 3
- A homeodomain gene Ptx3 has highly restricted brain expression in mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronsM P Smidt
Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, Department of Medical Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:13305-10. 1997..Thus, Ptx3 is a unique transcription factor marking the mesDA neurons at the exclusion of other dopaminergic neurons, and it may be involved in developmental determination of this neuronal lineage...
- A novel homeobox gene PITX3 is mutated in families with autosomal-dominant cataracts and ASMDE V Semina
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242 1083, USA
Nat Genet 19:167-70. 1998We report here the identification of a new human homeobox gene, PITX3, and its involvement in anterior segment mesenchymal dysgenesis (ASMD) and congenital cataracts in humans...
- Differential expression of the homeobox gene Pitx3 in midbrain dopaminergic neuronsTatiana M Korotkova
Institute of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, Physiology II, POB 101007, Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 22:1287-93. 2005The transcription factor Pitx3 is expressed selectively in the midbrain and regulates the differentiation and survival of dopaminergic neurons. Lack of this factor results in a degeneration similar to that seen in Parkinson's disease...
- Pitx3-transfected astrocytes secrete brain-derived neurotrophic factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and protect dopamine neurons in mesencephalon culturesDehua Yang
Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 86:3393-400. 2008The transcription factor Pitx3 is crucial for the development and differentiation of dopamine (DA) neurons...
- Immunocytochemical expression of dopamine-related transcription factors Pitx3 and Nurr1 in prenatally stressed adult ratsMaria R Katunar
Instituto de Química y Fisicoquímica Biológicas UBA CONICET, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Neurosci Res 87:1014-22. 2009..Recently, two transcription factors, Nurr1 and Pitx3, have been identified that are expressed at critical moments of DA neuron differentiation...
- FoxP1 promotes midbrain identity in embryonic stem cell-derived dopamine neurons by regulating Pitx3Constantine James Konstantoulas
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
J Neurochem 113:836-47. 2010..Enforced expression of FoxP1 in embryonic stem cells actuates the expression of Pitx3, a homeobox protein that is exclusively expressed in midbrain dopaminergic neurons and is required for their ..