Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pikfyve
Description: phosphoinositide kinase, FYVE-type zinc finger containing
Alias: Pip5k3, 1-phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate 5-kinase, 1-phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase, phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate 5-kinase type III, phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate/phosphatidylinositol 5-kinase, type III, phosphoinositide kinase, FYVE finger containing
- Ikonomov O, Fligger J, Sbrissa D, Dondapati R, Mlak K, Deeb R, et al. Kinesin adapter JLP links PIKfyve to microtubule-based endosome-to-trans-Golgi network traffic of furin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3750-61 pubmed publisher..JLP(L) (JNK-interacting leucine zipper protein) in yeast-two hybrid screens with the phosphoinositide kinase PIKfyve. The interaction was confirmed by pulldown and coimmunoprecipitation assays in native cells...
- Tsuruta F, Green E, Rousset M, Dolmetsch R. PIKfyve regulates CaV1.2 degradation and prevents excitotoxic cell death. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:279-94 pubmed publisher..Ca(V)1.2 internalization and degradation requires binding to phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase (PIKfyve), a lipid kinase which generates phosphatidylinositol (3,5)-bisphosphate (PtdIns(3,5)P(2)) and regulates endosome ..
- Alesutan I, Ureche O, Laufer J, Klaus F, Zurn A, Lindner R, et al. Regulation of the glutamate transporter EAAT4 by PIKfyve. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;25:187-94 pubmed publisher..CreaT (SLC6A8) has recently been shown to involve the mammalian phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate-5-kinase PIKfyve (PIP5K3)...
- Vaccari I, Dina G, Tronchère H, Kaufman E, Chicanne G, Cerri F, et al. Genetic interaction between MTMR2 and FIG4 phospholipid phosphatases involved in Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathies. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002319 pubmed publisher..Reduction of Fig4 by null heterozygosity and downregulation of PIKfyve both rescue Mtmr2-null myelin outfoldings in vivo and in vitro.
- Vicinanza M, Korolchuk V, Ashkenazi A, Puri C, Menzies F, Clarke J, et al. PI(5)P regulates autophagosome biogenesis. Mol Cell. 2015;57:219-34 pubmed publisher..PI(5)P synthesis by the phosphatidylinositol 5-kinase PIKfyve was required for autophagosome biogenesis, and it increased levels of PI(5)P, stimulated autophagy, and reduced ..
- Tsuruta F, Dolmetsch R. PIKfyve mediates the motility of late endosomes and lysosomes in neuronal dendrites. Neurosci Lett. 2015;605:18-23 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase (PIKfyve) mediates the motility of late endosomes and lysosomes in neuronal dendrites...