Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pik3ca
Description: phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate 3-kinase, catalytic subunit alpha
Alias: phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate 3-kinase catalytic subunit alpha isoform, PI3-kinase subunit alpha, PI3K-alpha, PI3Kalpha, p110alpha, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, catalytic, alpha polypeptide, phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate 3-kinase 110 kDa catalytic subunit alpha, phosphoinositide-3-kinase catalytic alpha polypeptide, ptdIns-3-kinase subunit alpha, ptdIns-3-kinase subunit p110-alpha, serine/threonine protein kinase PIK3CA
- Choi W, Sung C. Characterization of insulin receptor substrate 3 in rat liver derived cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;272:953-8 pubmed..Unlike related IRS-1/2 that is transiently phosphorylated, IRS-3 shows robust and prolonged tyrosine phosphorylation upon insulin treatment of cells and may play a role in delayed and/or prolonged insulin actions. ..
- Lu W, Bhasin M, Tsirka S. Involvement of tissue plasminogen activator in onset and effector phases of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. J Neurosci. 2002;22:10781-9 pubmed..A temporally restricted attenuation of tPA activity could have therapeutic potential in the management of MS. ..
- Hirsch E, Costa C, Ciraolo E. Phosphoinositide 3-kinases as a common platform for multi-hormone signaling. J Endocrinol. 2007;194:243-56 pubmed..This review will thus focus on the different pathways that converge on PI3K activation, with particular attention to the paradigmatic PI3K involvement in insulin signaling. ..
- Jiang Y, Chang G, Wang Y, Zhang D, Cao L, Liu J. Geniposide Prevents Hypoxia/Reoxygenation-Induced Apoptosis in H9c2 Cells: Improvement of Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Activation of GLP-1R and the PI3K/AKT Signaling Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:407-21 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that geniposide pretreatment inhibits H/R-induced myocardial apoptosis by reversing mitochondrial dysfunction, an effect in part due to activation of GLP-1R and PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Pao W, Girard N. New driver mutations in non-small-cell lung cancer. Lancet Oncol. 2011;12:175-80 pubmed publisher..here, we discuss subsets defined by so-called driver mutations in ALK, HER2 (also known as ERBB2), BRAF, PIK3CA, AKT1, MAP2K1, and MET...
- Dominguez V, Raimondi C, Somanath S, Bugliani M, Loder M, Edling C, et al. Class II phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulates exocytosis of insulin granules in pancreatic beta cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4216-25 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role for PI3K-C2? in ? cells and suggest that down-regulation of PI3K-C2? may be a feature of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhang L, Yang N, Katsaros D, Huang W, Park J, Fracchioli S, et al. The oncogene phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase catalytic subunit alpha promotes angiogenesis via vascular endothelial growth factor in ovarian carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4225-31 pubmed..Nat. Genet., 21: 99-102, 1999]. In this study, we examined the expression of PIK3CA mRNA and its p110alpha protein product in human ovarian carcinoma and investigated its role in regulating angiogenesis via vascular ..
- Hers I, Bell C, Poole A, Jiang D, Denton R, Schaefer E, et al. Reciprocal feedback regulation of insulin receptor and insulin receptor substrate tyrosine phosphorylation by phosphoinositide 3-kinase in primary adipocytes. Biochem J. 2002;368:875-84 pubmed
- Carpenter C, Duckworth B, Auger K, Cohen B, Schaffhausen B, Cantley L. Purification and characterization of phosphoinositide 3-kinase from rat liver. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:19704-11 pubmed..Substitution of Mn2+ for Mg2+ results in only approximately 10% of the Mg2(+)-dependent activity. Physiological calcium concentrations have no effect on the enzyme activity. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase has a broad pH optimum around 7. ..
- Lindhurst M, Parker V, Payne F, Sapp J, Rudge S, Harris J, et al. Mosaic overgrowth with fibroadipose hyperplasia is caused by somatic activating mutations in PIK3CA. Nat Genet. 2012;44:928-33 pubmed publisher..His1047Leu in PIK3CA, the gene that encodes the p110Î± catalytic subunit of PI3K, only in affected cells...
- Vargiu P, De Abajo R, Garcia Ranea J, Valencia A, Santisteban P, Crespo P, et al. The small GTP-binding protein, Rhes, regulates signal transduction from G protein-coupled receptors. Oncogene. 2004;23:559-68 pubmed..Overall, our results provide the initial insights into the role in signal transduction of this novel Ras family member. ..
- Kaplan Albuquerque N, Garat C, Desseva C, Jones P, Nemenoff R. Platelet-derived growth factor-BB-mediated activation of Akt suppresses smooth muscle-specific gene expression through inhibition of mitogen-activated protein kinase and redistribution of serum response factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39830-8 pubmed..This was associated with appearance of serum response factor in the cytoplasm. These data indicate that activation of p85/p110 alpha/Akt mediates suppression of SM gene expression by PDGF. ..
- Xiao H, Shi W, Liu S, Wang W, Zhang B, Zhang Y, et al. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D(3) prevents puromycin aminonucleoside-induced apoptosis of glomerular podocytes by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt-signaling pathway. Am J Nephrol. 2009;30:34-43 pubmed publisher..1,25(OH)(2)D(3) reduced the PAN-induced podocyte apoptosis and loss of nephrin in PAN nephropathy rat. The anti-apoptotic effects of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3 )on podocytes may be partly attributable to activation of a PI3K/Akt survival pathway. ..
- Popkie A, Zeidner L, Albrecht A, D Ippolito A, Eckardt S, Newsom D, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling via glycogen synthase kinase-3 (Gsk-3) regulates DNA methylation of imprinted loci. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41337-47 pubmed publisher..Finally, we find that N-Myc is a potent Gsk-3-dependent regulator of Dnmt3a2 expression. In summary, we have identified a signal transduction pathway that is capable of altering the DNA methylation of imprinted loci. ..
- Diering G, Numata Y, Fan S, Church J, Numata M. Endosomal acidification by Na+/H+ exchanger NHE5 regulates TrkA cell-surface targeting and NGF-induced PI3K signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3435-48 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest that endosomal pH modulates trafficking of Trk-family receptor tyrosine kinases, neurotrophin signaling, and possibly neuronal differentiation. ..
- Vantler M, Jesus J, LeppÃ¤nen O, Scherner M, Berghausen E, Mustafov L, et al. Class IA Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase Isoform p110Î± Mediates Vascular Remodeling. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:1434-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, p110Î± represents a selective target for the prevention of neointima formation after vascular injury, whereas p110Î² and p110Î´ expression and activity do not play a significant role. ..
- Wen F, He S, Sun C, Li T, Wu S. PIK3CA and PIK3CB expression and relationship with multidrug resistance in colorectal carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:8295-303 pubmed..Thus, this study aims to evaluate the association between PIK3CA and PIK3CB expression and the MDR gene in colorectal cancer (CRC) patients...
- Kuo C, Liang C, Lai C, Liang S. Involvement of heat shock protein (Hsp)90 beta but not Hsp90 alpha in antiapoptotic effect of CpG-B oligodeoxynucleotide. J Immunol. 2007;178:6100-8 pubmed..This study thus reveals the involvement of Hsp90beta but not Hsp90alpha in CpG-B ODN-mediated antiapoptotic response and that Hsp90beta is distinct from Hsp90alpha in regulation of the cellular function of immune cells. ..
- Pons S, Asano T, Glasheen E, Miralpeix M, Zhang Y, Fisher T, et al. The structure and function of p55PIK reveal a new regulatory subunit for phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4453-65 pubmed..Moreover, the activated insulin receptor phosphorylates p55PIK in Sf9 cells, and insulin stimulates p55PIK phosphorylation in CHOIR/p55PIK cells. The unique features of p55PIK suggest that it is important in receptor signaling. ..
- Lee T, Chang N, Lin S. Inhibition of infarction-induced sympathetic innervation with endothelin receptor antagonism via a PI3K/GSK-3Î²-dependent pathway. Lab Invest. 2017;97:243-255 pubmed publisher..ETA receptor antagonism is a mediator to attenuate sympathetic hyperinnervation probably through restoration of PI3K/Akt/GSK-3Î²/ROS signaling pathway, a potential pharmacological target for arrhythmias after infarction. ..
- Asechi H, Hatano E, Nitta T, Tada M, Iwaisako K, Tamaki N, et al. Resistance to cisplatin-induced apoptosis via PI3K-dependent survivin expression in a rat hepatoma cell line. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:89-96 pubmed..LY294002 also attenuated survivin expression induced by CDDP. Our results indicate that survivin expression via PI3K contributes to resistance to CDDP-induced apoptosis in a rat hepatoma cell line...
- Bansal N, Yendluri V, Wenham R. The molecular biology of endometrial cancers and the implications for pathogenesis, classification, and targeted therapies. Cancer Control. 2009;16:8-13 pubmed..Novel targeted agents, either alone or in combination with cytotoxic agents, may result in superior treatment for patients. ..
- Baki L, Shioi J, Wen P, Shao Z, Schwarzman A, Gama Sosa M, et al. PS1 activates PI3K thus inhibiting GSK-3 activity and tau overphosphorylation: effects of FAD mutations. EMBO J. 2004;23:2586-96 pubmed..Our data raise the possibility that PS1 may prevent development of AD pathology by activating the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. In contrast, FAD mutations may promote AD pathology by inhibiting this pathway. ..
- Guo X, Rajput A, Rose R, Hauser J, Beko A, Kuropatwinski K, et al. Mutant PIK3CA-bearing colon cancer cells display increased metastasis in an orthotopic model. Cancer Res. 2007;67:5851-8 pubmedMutations in the PIK3CA gene are common in human cancers, including colon cancer...
- Yu H, Zhang H, Zhao W, Guo L, Li X, Li Y, et al. Gypenoside Protects against Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury by Inhibiting Cardiomyocytes Apoptosis via Inhibition of CHOP Pathway and Activation of PI3K/Akt Pathway In Vivo and In Vitro. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:123-36 pubmed publisher..the current study showed the potential of GP to alleviate myocardial I/R injury and preliminarily uncovered the underling mechanism driving this treatment. ..
- Gavard J, Lambert M, Grosheva I, Marthiens V, Irinopoulou T, Riou J, et al. Lamellipodium extension and cadherin adhesion: two cell responses to cadherin activation relying on distinct signalling pathways. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:257-70 pubmed..These results provide additional information on the mechanisms by which cadherin coordinates adhesion with dynamic changes in the cytoskeleton to control cell shape and intercellular junction organization. ..
- Cros N, Tkatchenko A, Pisani D, Leclerc L, Leger J, Marini J, et al. Analysis of altered gene expression in rat soleus muscle atrophied by disuse. J Cell Biochem. 2001;83:508-19 pubmed..In addition, the cloning of novel cDNAs underlined the efficiency of the chosen technical approach and gave novel possibilities to further decipher the molecular mechanisms of muscle atrophy. ..