Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pex14
Description: peroxisomal biogenesis factor 14
Alias: peroxisomal membrane protein PEX14, PTS1 receptor-docking protein, peroxin-14, peroxisomal membrane anchor protein PEX14
- Neufeld C, Filipp F, Simon B, Neuhaus A, Schüller N, David C, et al. Structural basis for competitive interactions of Pex14 with the import receptors Pex5 and Pex19. EMBO J. 2009;28:745-54 pubmed publisherProtein import into peroxisomes depends on a complex and dynamic network of protein-protein interactions. Pex14 is a central component of the peroxisomal import machinery and binds the soluble receptors Pex5 and Pex19, which have ..
- Nenicu A, Lüers G, Kovacs W, David M, Zimmer A, Bergmann M, et al. Peroxisomes in human and mouse testis: differential expression of peroxisomal proteins in germ cells and distinct somatic cell types of the testis. Biol Reprod. 2007;77:1060-72 pubmed..Our results suggest a cell type-specific metabolic function of peroxisomes in the testis and point to an important role for peroxisomes in spermiogenesis and in the lipid metabolism of Sertoli cells. ..
- Shimozawa N, Tsukamoto T, Nagase T, Takemoto Y, Koyama N, Suzuki Y, et al. Identification of a new complementation group of the peroxisome biogenesis disorders and PEX14 as the mutated gene. Hum Mutat. 2004;23:552-8 pubmed..The peroxisomal membrane protein PEX14 is a key component of the peroxisomal import machinery and may be the initial docking site for the ..
- Gavva N, Wen S, Daftari P, Moniwa M, Yang W, Yang Feng L, et al. NAPP2, a peroxisomal membrane protein, is also a transcriptional corepressor. Genomics. 2002;79:423-31 pubmed..The gene encoding NAPP2, PEX14, is located on chromosome 1p36 and is ubiquitously expressed...
- Reguenga C, Oliveira M, Gouveia A, Sa Miranda C, Azevedo J. Characterization of the mammalian peroxisomal import machinery: Pex2p, Pex5p, Pex12p, and Pex14p are subunits of the same protein assembly. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29935-42 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that Pex2p, Pex5p, Pex12p, and Pex14p, on one side, and Pex13p, on the other, are subunits of two stable protein complexes that probably interact with each other in the peroxisomal membrane. ..
- Nguyen T, Bjorkman J, Paton B, Crane D. Failure of microtubule-mediated peroxisome division and trafficking in disorders with reduced peroxisome abundance. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:636-45 pubmed
- Freitas M, Francisco T, Rodrigues T, Alencastre I, Pinto M, Grou C, et al. PEX5 protein binds monomeric catalase blocking its tetramerization and releases it upon binding the N-terminal domain of PEX14. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40509-19 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the PEX5-catalase interaction is disrupted by the N-terminal domain of PEX14, a component of the docking/translocation machinery...
- Fransen M, Brees C, Ghys K, Amery L, Mannaerts G, Ladant D, et al. Analysis of mammalian peroxin interactions using a non-transcription-based bacterial two-hybrid assay. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002;1:243-52 pubmed