Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdcd6
Description: programmed cell death 6
Alias: ALG-2, programmed cell death protein 6, apoptosis-linked gene 2 protein homolog
- Rho S, Song Y, Lim M, Lee S, Kim B, Park S. Programmed cell death 6 (PDCD6) inhibits angiogenesis through PI3K/mTOR/p70S6K pathway by interacting of VEGFR-2. Cell Signal. 2012;24:131-9 pubmed publisherProgrammed cell death 6 (PDCD6) was originally found as a pro-apoptotic protein, but its molecular mechanism is not well understood...
- Okumura M, Ichioka F, Kobayashi R, Suzuki H, Yoshida H, Shibata H, et al. Penta-EF-hand protein ALG-2 functions as a Ca2+-dependent adaptor that bridges Alix and TSG101. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:237-41 pubmed publisher..Based on the X-ray crystal structure model showing the presence of one ligand-binding site in each molecule of an ALG-2 dimer, we propose that Ca2+-loaded ALG-2 bridges Alix and TSG101 as an adaptor protein. ..
- Janowicz A, Michalak M, Krebs J. Stress induced subcellular distribution of ALG-2, RBM22 and hSlu7. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:1045-9 pubmed publisher..The article is part of a Special Issue entitled: 11th European Symposium on Calcium. ..
- Kitaura Y, Satoh H, Takahashi H, Shibata H, Maki M. Both ALG-2 and peflin, penta-EF-hand (PEF) proteins, are stabilized by dimerization through their fifth EF-hand regions. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;399:12-8 pubmed..On the other hand, stable expression of exogenous peflin decreased the amount of endogenous peflin. The amount of peflin that can dimerize with ALG-2 seems to be restricted in mammalian cells. ..
- Lee J, Rho S, Chun T. Programmed cell death 6 (PDCD6) protein interacts with death-associated protein kinase 1 (DAPk1): additive effect on apoptosis via caspase-3 dependent pathway. Biotechnol Lett. 2005;27:1011-5 pubmedProgrammed cell death 6 (PDCD6) protein is a 22 kDa EF-hand type Ca(2+)-binding protein involved in apoptosis...
- Takahashi T, Kojima K, Zhang W, Sasaki K, Ito M, Suzuki H, et al. Structural analysis of the complex between penta-EF-hand ALG-2 protein and Sec31A peptide reveals a novel target recognition mechanism of ALG-2. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:3677-99 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ALG-2 recognizes two types of motifs at different hydrophobic surfaces. Furthermore, based on the results of serial mutational analysis of the ALG-2-binding sites in Sec31A, the type 2 motif was newly defined. ..
- McGourty C, Akopian D, Walsh C, Gorur A, Werner A, Schekman R, et al. Regulation of the CUL3 Ubiquitin Ligase by a Calcium-Dependent Co-adaptor. Cell. 2016;167:525-538.e14 pubmed publisher..Our work, therefore, identifies both calcium and CUL3 co-adaptors as important regulators of ubiquitylation events that control human development. ..
- Ma J, Zhang X, Feng Y, Zhang H, Wang X, Zheng Y, et al. Structural and Functional Study of Apoptosis-linked Gene-2·Heme-binding Protein 2 Interactions in HIV-1 Production. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:26670-26685 pubmed publisher..ALG-2, also known as PDCD6, interacts with both ALIX and TSG101 and bridges ESCRT-III and ESCRT-I...
- Kanadome T, Shibata H, Kuwata K, Takahara T, Maki M. The calcium-binding protein ALG-2 promotes endoplasmic reticulum exit site localization and polymerization of Trk-fused gene (TFG) protein. FEBS J. 2017;284:56-76 pubmed publisherApoptosis-linked gene 2 (ALG-2), which is a gene product of PDCD6, is a 22-kDa Ca2+ -binding protein. Accumulating evidence points to a role for ALG-2 as a Ca2+ -responsive adaptor protein...
- Tanner J, Frey B, Pemberton T, Henzl M. EF5 Is the High-Affinity Mg(2+) Site in ALG-2. Biochemistry. 2016;55:5128-41 pubmed publisher..The results of a calorimetry-based analysis indicate that their Mg(2+) binding constants are 2 orders of magnitude lower than that determined for EF5. ..