Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Parl
Description: presenilin associated, rhomboid-like
Alias: Psarl, presenilins-associated rhomboid-like protein, mitochondrial, mitochondrial intramembrane-cleaving protease PARL
- Hatunic M, Stapleton M, Hand E, Delong C, Crowley V, Nolan J. The Leu262Val polymorphism of presenilin associated rhomboid like protein (PARL) is associated with earlier onset of type 2 diabetes and increased urinary microalbumin creatinine ratio in an Irish case-control population. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009;83:316-9 pubmed publisher..Presenilin associated rhomboid like protein (PARL) is a mitochondrial protein that has been implicated in T2DM in both the rodent Psammomys obesus and in humans...
- Walder K, Kerr Bayles L, Civitarese A, Jowett J, Curran J, Elliott K, et al. The mitochondrial rhomboid protease PSARL is a new candidate gene for type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2005;48:459-68 pubmed..We identified a mitochondrial intramembrane protease, known as presenilins-associated rhomboid-like protein (PSARL) that is associated with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes...
- Deas E, Plun Favreau H, Gandhi S, Desmond H, Kjaer S, Loh S, et al. PINK1 cleavage at position A103 by the mitochondrial protease PARL. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:867-79 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that PINK1 interacts with the mitochondrial protease presenilin-associated rhomboid-like protein (PARL) and that loss of PARL results in aberrant PINK1 cleavage in mammalian cells...
- Andrew T, Maniatis N, Carbonaro F, Liew S, Lau W, Spector T, et al. Identification and replication of three novel myopia common susceptibility gene loci on chromosome 3q26 using linkage and linkage disequilibrium mapping. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000220 pubmed publisher..655 kb), approximately 156 kb upstream from alternate-splicing SOX2OT (182,595 kb; 95% CI 182,533-182,688 kb) and PSARL (184,386 kb; 95% CI 184,356-184,411 kb), with the loci showing modest to strong evidence of association for the ..
- Canzoneri R, Lacunza E, Isla Larrain M, Croce M, Abba M. Rhomboid family gene expression profiling in breast normal tissue and tumor samples. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:1451-8 pubmed publisher..012). In addition, we found that RHBDL2 and PARL mRNA expression was associated with a low/intermediate histologic tumor grade (p = 0.024 and p = 0...
- Zhang A, Jia X, Zhang Q, Yao Y. No association between the SNPs (rs3749446 and rs1402000) in the PARL gene and LHON in Chinese patients with m.11778G>A. Hum Genet. 2010;128:465-8 pubmed publisher..two single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) (rs3749446 and rs1402000) in the presenilins-associated rhomboid-like (PARL) gene were found to be associated with Leber hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON)...
- Meissner C, Lorenz H, Weihofen A, Selkoe D, Lemberg M. The mitochondrial intramembrane protease PARL cleaves human Pink1 to regulate Pink1 trafficking. J Neurochem. 2011;117:856-67 pubmed publisher..In mitochondria, the inner membrane rhomboid protease PARL has been implicated in the control of life span and apoptosis by a so far uncharacterized mechanism...
- Borengasser S, Faske J, Kang P, Blackburn M, Badger T, Shankar K. In utero exposure to prepregnancy maternal obesity and postweaning high-fat diet impair regulators of mitochondrial dynamics in rat placenta and offspring. Physiol Genomics. 2014;46:841-50 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate HFD-fed offspring had reduced mRNA expression of presenilin-associated rhomboid-like (PARL), optic atrophy (OPA)1, mitofusin (Mfn)1, Mfn2, fission (Fis)1, and nuclear respiratory factor (Nrf)1 at PND35, ..