Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: osteoactivin
Description: glycoprotein nmb
Alias: transmembrane glycoprotein NMB, glycoprotein (transmembrane) nmb, osteoactivin
- Ye M, Xie X, Peng L, Tan L, Lan G, Yu S. [Expression and mechanism of osteoactivin in the kidney of SD rats after acute cyclosporine A toxicity]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;36:881-8 pubmed publisherTo determine the expression and mechanism of osteoactivin (OA) in the kidney by establishing SD rat model of acute cyclosporine A (CsA) toxicity...
- Li B, Castano A, Hudson T, Nowlin B, Lin S, Bonventre J, et al. The melanoma-associated transmembrane glycoprotein Gpnmb controls trafficking of cellular debris for degradation and is essential for tissue repair. FASEB J. 2010;24:4767-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Gpnmb is a novel prorepair gene that is necessary for crosstalk between the macroautophagic degradation pathway and phagocytosis. ..
- Patel Chamberlin M, Wang Y, Satirapoj B, Phillips L, Nast C, Dai T, et al. Hematopoietic growth factor inducible neurokinin-1 (Gpnmb/Osteoactivin) is a biomarker of progressive renal injury across species. Kidney Int. 2011;79:1138-48 pubmed publisher..kidney disease and tested hematopoietic growth factor inducible neurokinin-1 (HGFIN, also known as Gpnmb/Osteoactivin) as it was found to be a kidney injury biomarker in microarray studies...
- Katayama A, Nakatsuka A, Eguchi J, Murakami K, Teshigawara S, Kanzaki M, et al. Beneficial impact of Gpnmb and its significance as a biomarker in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Sci Rep. 2015;5:16920 pubmed publisher..The GPNMB is a promising biomarker and therapeutic target for the development and progression of NAFLD in obesity. ..
- Nakano Y, Suzuki Y, Takagi T, Kitashoji A, Ono Y, Tsuruma K, et al. Glycoprotein nonmetastatic melanoma protein B (GPNMB) as a novel neuroprotective factor in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury. Neuroscience. 2014;277:123-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings indicate that GPNMB has neuroprotective effects against IRI, via phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and Akt, suggesting that GPNMB may be a therapeutic target for ischemia-reperfusion injuries...
- Tanaka H, Shimazawa M, Kimura M, Takata M, Tsuruma K, Yamada M, et al. The potential of GPNMB as novel neuroprotective factor in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Sci Rep. 2012;2:573 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that GPNMB can be a target for therapeutic intervention for suppressing motor neuron degeneration in ALS. ..
- Singh M, Del Carpio Cano F, Monroy M, Popoff S, Safadi F. Homeodomain transcription factors regulate BMP-2-induced osteoactivin transcription in osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:390-9 pubmed publisherb>Osteoactivin (OA) is required for the differentiation of osteoblast cells. OA expression is stimulated by bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2)...
- Nakamura A, Ishii A, Ohata C, Komurasaki T. Early induction of osteoactivin expression in rat renal tubular epithelial cells after unilateral ureteral obstruction. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2007;59:53-9 pubmedIn this study, we examined the expression of osteoactivin in the rat kidney after unilateral ureteral obstruction. Male Wistar rats were sacrificed at 6h, and on days 1, 2, 3 and 7 after the obstruction...
- Abe H, Uto H, Takami Y, Takahama Y, Hasuike S, Kodama M, et al. Transgenic expression of osteoactivin in the liver attenuates hepatic fibrosis in rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:610-5 pubmedThe role of osteoactivin (OA) in liver fibrogenesis remains unclear. After feeding wild-type (WT) and OA transgenic (OA-Tg) rats a choline-deficient, L-amino acid-defined (CDAA) diet for 12 weeks, we evaluated liver fibrosis...
- Selim A. Osteoactivin bioinformatic analysis: prediction of novel functions, structural features, and modes of action. Med Sci Monit. 2009;15:MT19-33 pubmedThe initial identification of osteoactivin (OA) came from studies using an animal model of osteopetrosis in rats...
- Frara N, Abdelmagid S, Tytell M, Amin M, Popoff S, Safadi F, et al. Growth and repair factors, osteoactivin, matrix metalloproteinase and heat shock protein 72, increase with resolution of inflammation in musculotendinous tissues in a rat model of repetitive grasping. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2016;17:34 pubmed publisherExpression of the growth factor osteoactivin (OA) increases during tissue degeneration and regeneration, fracture repair and after denervation-induced disuse atrophy, concomitant with increased matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- Järve A, Mühlstedt S, Qadri F, Nickl B, Schulz H, Hubner N, et al. Adverse left ventricular remodeling by glycoprotein nonmetastatic melanoma protein B in myocardial infarction. FASEB J. 2017;31:556-568 pubmed publisher..Järve, A., Mühlstedt, S., Qadri, F., Nickl, B., Schulz, H., Hübner, N., Özcelik, C., Bader, M. Adverse left ventricular remodeling by glycoprotein nonmetastatic melanoma protein B in myocardial infarction. ..
- Ma J, Baker A, Calabro A, Derwin K. Exploratory study on the effect of osteoactivin on muscle regeneration in a rat volumetric muscle loss model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175853 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have shown evidence that osteoactivin (OA), a transmembrane glycoprotein, has the ability to prevent skeletal muscle atrophy in response to ..
- Narasaraju T, Shukla D, More S, Huang C, Zhang L, Xiao X, et al. Role of microRNA-150 and glycoprotein nonmetastatic melanoma protein B in angiogenesis during hyperoxia-induced neonatal lung injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2015;52:253-61 pubmed publisher..GPNMB plays an important role in angiogenesis during hyperoxia injury. Treatment with GPNMB may offer a novel therapeutic approach in reducing pathologic complications in bronchopulmonary dysplasia. ..
- Abdelmagid S, Barbe M, Arango Hisijara I, Owen T, Popoff S, Safadi F. Osteoactivin acts as downstream mediator of BMP-2 effects on osteoblast function. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:26-37 pubmedOur laboratory previously showed that osteoactivin (OA) is a novel, osteoblast-related glycoprotein that plays a role in osteoblast differentiation and function...
- Bandari P, Qian J, Yehia G, Joshi D, Maloof P, Potian J, et al. Hematopoietic growth factor inducible neurokinin-1 type: a transmembrane protein that is similar to neurokinin 1 interacts with substance P. Regul Pept. 2003;111:169-78 pubmed..This suggests that HGFIN might be involved in the maturation of LHSC. HGFIN was detected in several other tissues, but not in brain where NK-1 is constitutively expressed. ..
- Safadi F, Xu J, Smock S, Rico M, Owen T, Popoff S. Cloning and characterization of osteoactivin, a novel cDNA expressed in osteoblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2001;84:12-26 pubmed..This novel cDNA was named osteoactivin. Osteoactivin has an open reading frame of 1716 bp that encodes a protein of 572 amino acids with a predicted ..