Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Numa1
Description: nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1
Alias: nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1
- Zhu J, Wen W, Zheng Z, Shang Y, Wei Z, Xiao Z, et al. LGN/mInsc and LGN/NuMA complex structures suggest distinct functions in asymmetric cell division for the Par3/mInsc/LGN and G?i/LGN/NuMA pathways. Mol Cell. 2011;43:418-31 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the Par3/mInsc/LGN and NuMA/LGN/G?i complexes play sequential and partially overlapping roles in asymmetric cell division. ..
- Merdes A, Heald R, Samejima K, Earnshaw W, Cleveland D. Formation of spindle poles by dynein/dynactin-dependent transport of NuMA. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:851-62 pubmed
- Ohta S, Wood L, Toramoto I, Yagyu K, Fukagawa T, Earnshaw W. CENP-32 is required to maintain centrosomal dominance in bipolar spindle assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1225-37 pubmed publisher..Additional data suggest that NuMA tethers microtubules at the anastral spindle poles and that augmin is required for centrosome detachment after CENP-32 depletion, possibly due to an imbalance of forces within the spindle. ..
- Chang W, Dynek J, Smith S. NuMA is a major acceptor of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation by tankyrase 1 in mitosis. Biochem J. 2005;391:177-84 pubmed..We discuss our result in terms of a model where PARsylation of NuMA by tankyrase 1 in mitosis could play a role in sister telomere separation and/or mitotic progression. ..
- Kotak S, Busso C, GONCZY P. NuMA interacts with phosphoinositides and links the mitotic spindle with the plasma membrane. EMBO J. 2014;33:1815-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study uncovers a novel function for plasma membrane phospholipids in governing cortical NuMA distribution and thus the proper execution of mitosis. ..
- Seldin L, Muroyama A, Lechler T. NuMA-microtubule interactions are critical for spindle orientation and the morphogenesis of diverse epidermal structures. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an additional and direct function of NuMA during mitotic spindle positioning, as well as a reiterative use of spindle orientation in the skin to build diverse structures. ..
- Bird S, Heald R, Weis K. RanGTP and CLASP1 cooperate to position the mitotic spindle. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2506-14 pubmed publisher..Together our data suggest a model for mitotic spindle positioning in which RanGTP and CLASP1 cooperate to align the spindle along the long axis of the dividing cell. ..
- Barboro P, D Arrigo C, Diaspro A, Mormino M, Alberti I, Parodi S, et al. Unraveling the organization of the internal nuclear matrix: RNA-dependent anchoring of NuMA to a lamin scaffold. Exp Cell Res. 2002;279:202-18 pubmed
- Cassimeris L, Morabito J. TOGp, the human homolog of XMAP215/Dis1, is required for centrosome integrity, spindle pole organization, and bipolar spindle assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1580-90 pubmed..The major functions of TOGp during mitosis are to focus MT minus ends at spindle poles, maintain centrosome integrity, and contribute to spindle bipolarity. ..
- Yan K, Li L, Wang X, Hong R, Zhang Y, Yang H, et al. The deubiquitinating enzyme complex BRISC is required for proper mitotic spindle assembly in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:209-24 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncover BRISC as an important regulator of the mitotic spindle assembly and cell division, and have important implications for the development of anticancer drugs targeting BRISC. ..
- Chu X, Chen X, Wan Q, Zheng Z, Du Q. Nuclear Mitotic Apparatus (NuMA) Interacts with and Regulates Astrin at the Mitotic Spindle. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:20055-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a direct physical link between two important regulators of mitotic progression and demonstrate the critical role of the NuMA-Astrin interaction for accurate cell division. ..
- Tang T, Tang C, Chao Y, Wu C. Nuclear mitotic apparatus protein (NuMA): spindle association, nuclear targeting and differential subcellular localization of various NuMA isoforms. J Cell Sci. 1994;107 ( Pt 6):1389-402 pubmed..These results have allowed us tentatively to assign specific biological activities to distinct structural domains of the NuMA polypeptide. ..
- Yuzawa S, Kamakura S, Iwakiri Y, Hayase J, Sumimoto H. Structural basis for interaction between the conserved cell polarity proteins Inscuteable and Leu-Gly-Asn repeat-enriched protein (LGN). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:19210-5 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate, using mutant proteins, that mInsc-LGN interaction is vital for stabilization of LGN and for intracellular localization of mInsc. ..
- Treviño M, Rodríguez Rodríguez M, Correas I, Marcilla M, Albar J, Rico M, et al. NMR characterisation of the minimal interacting regions of centrosomal proteins 4.1R and NuMA1: effect of phosphorylation. BMC Biochem. 2010;11:7 pubmed publisher..During mitosis, 4.1R is implicated in cell cycle progression and spindle pole formation, and co-localizes with NuMA1. However, during interphase 4.1R is located in the nucleus and only partially co-localizes with NuMA1...
- Gregson H, Schmiesing J, Kim J, Kobayashi T, Zhou S, Yokomori K. A potential role for human cohesin in mitotic spindle aster assembly. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47575-82 pubmed..Our results raise the intriguing possibility that in addition to its well demonstrated function in sister chromatid cohesion, cohesin may be involved in spindle assembly during mitosis. ..
- Ohta S, Hamada M, Sato N, Toramoto I. Polyglutamylated Tubulin Binding Protein C1orf96/CSAP Is Involved in Microtubule Stabilization in Mitotic Spindles. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0142798 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that CSAP associates with MTs around centrosomes to stabilize MTs during mitosis, ensuring proper bipolar spindle formation and maintenance. ..
- Chiu C, Monat C, Robitaille M, Lacomme M, Daulat A, Macleod G, et al. SAPCD2 Controls Spindle Orientation and Asymmetric Divisions by Negatively Regulating the GÎ±i-LGN-NuMA Ternary Complex. Dev Cell. 2016;36:50-62 pubmed publisher..These results uncover SAPCD2 as a key regulator of the ternary complex controlling spindle orientation during morphogenesis and asymmetric cell divisions. ..
- Wang X, Yang Y, Duan Q, Jiang N, Huang Y, Darzynkiewicz Z, et al. sSgo1, a major splice variant of Sgo1, functions in centriole cohesion where it is regulated by Plk1. Dev Cell. 2008;14:331-41 pubmed publisher..Our studies strongly suggest that sSgo1 plays an essential role in protecting centriole cohesion, which is partly regulated by Plk1. ..
- Taimen P, Parvinen M, Osborn M, Kallajoki M. NuMA in rat testis--evidence for roles in proliferative activity and meiotic cell division. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:512-20 pubmed..They also suggest that NuMA may play an important role in meiotic cell division. ..
- Ferhat L, Cook C, Kuriyama R, Baas P. The nuclear/mitotic apparatus protein NuMA is a component of the somatodendritic microtubule arrays of the neuron. J Neurocytol. 1998;27:887-99 pubmed..These observations provide an initial set of clues regarding a potentially important function of NuMA in the organization of microtubules within the somatodendritic compartment of the neuron. ..