Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ntrk1
Description: neurotrophic receptor tyrosine kinase 1
Alias: Trk, high affinity nerve growth factor receptor, TrkA neurotrophin receptor, neurotrophic tyrosine kinase, receptor, type 1, p140-TrkA, slow nerve growth factor receptor, trk, trk-A, trkA proto-oncogene receptor, tropomyosin-related kinase A
- Makkerh J, Ceni C, Auld D, Vaillancourt F, Dorval G, Barker P. p75 neurotrophin receptor reduces ligand-induced Trk receptor ubiquitination and delays Trk receptor internalization and degradation. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:936-41 pubmed..The p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75 NTR) is coexpressed with Trk receptors in long-range projection neurons, in which it facilitates neurotrophin binding to Trk and enhances Trk ..
- Chen Z, Ieraci A, Tanowitz M, Lee F. A novel endocytic recycling signal distinguishes biological responses of Trk neurotrophin receptors. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5761-72 pubmed..These results indicate that TrkA receptors, which predominantly recycle in signal-dependent manner, have unique biological properties dictated by its specific endocytic trafficking itinerary. ..
- Jullien J, Guili V, Reichardt L, Rudkin B. Molecular kinetics of nerve growth factor receptor trafficking and activation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38700-8 pubmed..Together, these data show that the primary effect of NGF treatment is a p75(NTR)-modulated decrease in TrkA transit time at the cell surface. ..
- Shirazi Fard S, Kele J, Vilar M, Paratcha G, Ledda F. Tiam1 as a signaling mediator of nerve growth factor-dependent neurite outgrowth. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9647 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings define a novel molecular mechanism through which Tiam1 mediates TrkA signaling and neurite outgrowth induced by NGF. ..
- Nikoletopoulou V, Lickert H, Frade J, Rencurel C, Giallonardo P, Zhang L, et al. Neurotrophin receptors TrkA and TrkC cause neuronal death whereas TrkB does not. Nature. 2010;467:59-63 pubmed publisher..we show here that the neurotrophin receptors TrkA and TrkC (tropomyosin receptor kinase A and C, also known as Ntrk1 and Ntrk3, respectively) instruct developing neurons to die, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Qian X, Riccio A, Zhang Y, Ginty D. Identification and characterization of novel substrates of Trk receptors in developing neurons. Neuron. 1998;21:1017-29 pubmed..In this report, we describe the identification and characterization of two substrates of Trk kinases, rAPS and SH2-B, which are closely related Src homolog 2 (SH2) domain-containing signaling molecules...
- Pryor S, McCaffrey G, Young L, Grimes M. NGF causes TrkA to specifically attract microtubules to lipid rafts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35163 pubmed publisher..Rather, by attracting microtubules to lipid rafts, TrkA may mediate other processes such as axon guidance. ..
- Wu C, Ramirez A, Cui B, Ding J, Delcroix J, Valletta J, et al. A functional dynein-microtubule network is required for NGF signaling through the Rap1/MAPK pathway. Traffic. 2007;8:1503-20 pubmed..Dynein- and microtubule-based transport is thus necessary for TrkA signaling to Rap1 and MAPK1/2. ..
- Martin Zanca D, Oskam R, Mitra G, Copeland T, Barbacid M. Molecular and biochemical characterization of the human trk proto-oncogene. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:24-33 pubmedMolecular analysis of the human trk oncogene, a transforming gene isolated from a colon carcinoma biopsy, revealed the existence of a novel member of the tyrosine kinase gene family...
- Zhang Y, Moheban D, Conway B, Bhattacharyya A, Segal R. Cell surface Trk receptors mediate NGF-induced survival while internalized receptors regulate NGF-induced differentiation. J Neurosci. 2000;20:5671-8 pubmed..We show that dynamin function is required for ligand-dependent endocytosis of Trk receptors. In PC12 cells, nerve growth factor (NGF) stimulation promotes both survival and neuronal differentiation...
- Limpert A, Karlo J, Landreth G. Nerve growth factor stimulates the concentration of TrkA within lipid rafts and extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation through c-Cbl-associated protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5686-98 pubmed..These data provide a mechanism for the lipid raft localization of TrkA and establish the importance of the CAP adaptor protein for NGF activation of the ERKs and neuronal differentiation. ..
- Terry A, Kutiyanawalla A, Pillai A. Age-dependent alterations in nerve growth factor (NGF)-related proteins, sortilin, and learning and memory in rats. Physiol Behav. 2011;102:149-57 pubmed publisher..These results may also help to identify specific components of the NGF-signaling pathway that could serve as targets for novel drug discovery and development for age-related disorders of cognition (e.g., Alzheimer's disease). ..
- Barker P, Lomen Hoerth C, Gensch E, Meakin S, Glass D, Shooter E. Tissue-specific alternative splicing generates two isoforms of the trkA receptor. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:15150-7 pubmed..In rats and humans, trkAII is the only isoform expressed within neuronal tissues at appreciable levels whereas trkAI, the form of trkA originally cloned, appears to be expressed mainly in non-neuronal tissues. ..
- Park J, Lee C, Koh J, Lee J, Park E, Riew K. Overexpressions of nerve growth factor and its tropomyosin-related kinase A receptor on chordoma cells. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007;32:1969-73 pubmed
- Hisata S, Sakisaka T, Baba T, Yamada T, Aoki K, Matsuda M, et al. Rap1-PDZ-GEF1 interacts with a neurotrophin receptor at late endosomes, leading to sustained activation of Rap1 and ERK and neurite outgrowth. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:843-60 pubmed..PDZ-GEF1 is activated by GTP-Rap1 via a positive feedback mechanism. Upon NGF binding, the TrkA neurotrophin receptor is internalized from the cell surface, passes through early endosomes, and arrives in late endosomes...
- Parikh V, Howe W, Welchko R, Naughton S, D Amore D, Han D, et al. Diminished trkA receptor signaling reveals cholinergic-attentional vulnerability of aging. Eur J Neurosci. 2013;37:278-93 pubmed publisher..This rat model is useful for identifying the mechanisms rendering aging cholinergic neurons vulnerable as well as for studying the neuropathological mechanisms that are triggered by disrupted trophic signaling. ..
- Feinberg K, Kolaj A, Wu C, Grinshtein N, Krieger J, Moran M, et al. A neuroprotective agent that inactivates prodegenerative TrkA and preserves mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3655-3675 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a new axon degeneration pathway and a potentially clinically useful therapeutic drug. ..
- Kidd S, Anderson D, Schneider J. Postnatal lead exposure alters expression of forebrain p75 and TrkA nerve growth factor receptors. Brain Res. 2008;1195:113-9 pubmed publisher..The significance of these effects on the septo-hippocampal and striatal functioning remains to be studied. ..
- Lee F, Rajagopal R, Chao M. Distinctive features of Trk neurotrophin receptor transactivation by G protein-coupled receptors. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2002;13:11-7 pubmed..Recently, it has been shown that activation of Trk receptor tyrosine kinases can also occur via a G protein-coupled receptor mechanism, without involvement of ..
- Robinson K, Manto K, Buchsbaum R, MacDonald J, Meakin S. Neurotrophin-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of Ras guanine-releasing factor 1 and associated neurite outgrowth is dependent on the HIKE domain of TrkA. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:225-35 pubmed..The PH1 domain alone of RasGrf1 is sufficient for phosphorylation by the TrkA receptor. A potential role for Trk activation of RasGrf1 is suggested through transfection studies in PC12 cells in which RasGrf1 significantly ..
- Faux C, Hawadle M, Nixon J, Wallace A, Lee S, Murray S, et al. PTPsigma binds and dephosphorylates neurotrophin receptors and can suppress NGF-dependent neurite outgrowth from sensory neurons. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1773:1689-700 pubmedNeurotrophin receptors of the Trk family play a vital role in the survival of developing neurons and the process of axonogenesis...
- Badowska Szalewska E, Krawczyk R, Ludkiewicz B, MoryÅ› J. The effect of mild stress stimulation on the nerve growth factor (NGF) and tyrosine kinase receptor A (TrkA) immunoreactivity in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN) of the hypothalamus and hippocampus in aged vs. adult rats. Neuroscience. 2015;290:346-56 pubmed publisher..The changes are possibly associated with involutional aging processes caused by insufficient control of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis functioning in P720 rats and may contribute to disturbances in NGF signaling. ..
- Tam S, Lilla J, Chen C, Kalesnikoff J, Tsai M. RabGEF1/Rabex-5 Regulates TrkA-Mediated Neurite Outgrowth and NMDA-Induced Signaling Activation in NGF-Differentiated PC12 Cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0142935 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RabGEF1 is a negative regulator of TrkA-dependent neuronal differentiation and of NMDA receptor-mediated signaling activation in NGF-differentiated PC12 cells. ..
- Lou X, Yano H, Lee F, Chao M, Farquhar M. GIPC and GAIP form a complex with TrkA: a putative link between G protein and receptor tyrosine kinase pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:615-27 pubmed..The association of TrkA receptors with GIPC and GAIP plus the inhibition of MAP kinase by GIPC suggests that GIPC may provide a link between TrkA and G protein signaling pathways. ..
- Dmitrieva V, Stavchansky V, Povarova O, Skvortsova V, Limborska S, Dergunova L. [Effects of ischemia on the expression of neurotrophins and their receptors in rat brain structures outside the lesion site, including on the opposite hemisphere]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2016;50:775-784 pubmed..Presumably, the observed changes in gene transcription serve to facilitate neuroplasticity and neural tissue regeneration. ..
- Ross G, Shamovsky I, Lawrance G, Solc M, Dostaler S, Weaver D, et al. Reciprocal modulation of TrkA and p75NTR affinity states is mediated by direct receptor interactions. Eur J Neurosci. 1998;10:890-8 pubmed..These data suggest a new model of receptor interaction, whereby structural changes within a heteroreceptor complex are induced by ligand binding. ..
- Gezginci Oktayoglu S, Bolkent S. 4-Methlycatechol prevents NGF/p75(NTR)-mediated apoptosis via NGF/TrkA system in pancreatic ? cells. Neuropeptides. 2011;45:143-50 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that 4-MC might exert its antiapoptotic actions through NGF/TrkA system which may block NGF/p75(NTR) activation in pancreatic ? cells of hyperglycemic rats. ..
- van Schijndel J, van Zweeden M, Van Loo K, Djurovic S, Andreassen O, Hansen T, et al. Dual association of a TRKA polymorphism with schizophrenia. Psychiatr Genet. 2011;21:125-31 pubmed publisher..minor allele of the single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs6336 in the neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor 1 (NTRK1/TRKA) gene is associated with schizophrenia as a risk factor...
- Sedy J, Szeder V, Walro J, Ren Z, Nanka O, Tessarollo L, et al. Pacinian corpuscle development involves multiple Trk signaling pathways. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:551-63 pubmed..NGF), brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), neurotrophin-3 (NT3) or neurotrophin-4 (NT4), or their cognate Trk receptors...
- Yano H, Ninan I, Zhang H, Milner T, Arancio O, Chao M. BDNF-mediated neurotransmission relies upon a myosin VI motor complex. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:1009-18 pubmed..Myosin VI (Myo6) is a minus end-directed actin-based motor found in neurons that express Trk receptors. Here we report that Myo6 and a Myo6-binding protein, GIPC1, form a complex that can engage TrkB...
- Biarc J, Chalkley R, Burlingame A, Bradshaw R. Dissecting the roles of tyrosines 490 and 785 of TrkA protein in the induction of downstream protein phosphorylation using chimeric receptors. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16606-18 pubmed publisher..In the case of the Trk receptors, which are activated by nerve growth factor, there are only two established phosphotyrosine-docking sites ..
- Urra S, Escudero C, Ramos P, Lisbona F, Allende E, Covarrubias P, et al. TrkA receptor activation by nerve growth factor induces shedding of the p75 neurotrophin receptor followed by endosomal gamma-secretase-mediated release of the p75 intracellular domain. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7606-15 pubmedNeurotrophins are trophic factors that regulate important neuronal functions. They bind two unrelated receptors, the Trk family of receptor-tyrosine kinases and the p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75)...
- Miller R, King M, Heaton M, Walker D. The effects of chronic ethanol consumption on neurotrophins and their receptors in the rat hippocampus and basal forebrain. Brain Res. 2002;950:137-47 pubmed..CET effects on basal forebrain trkA may reflect impaired NGF signaling that could compromise septohippocampal synaptic connections, cholinergic differentiation, and emergent functional abilities dependent on these properties. ..
- Sposato V, Bucci M, Coassin M, Russo M, Lambiase A, Aloe L. Reduced NGF level and TrkA protein and TrkA gene expression in the optic nerve of rats with experimentally induced glaucoma. Neurosci Lett. 2008;446:20-4 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that NGF and NGF-receptor might be important signals for the ON response in the EIOP. ..
- Song E, Yoo Y. Nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth is potentiated by stabilization of TrkA receptors. BMB Rep. 2011;44:182-6 pubmed publisherExogenous stimuli such as nerve growth factor (NGF) exert their effects on neurite outgrowth via Trk neurotrophin receptors. TrkA receptors are known to be ubiquitinated via proteasome inhibition in the presence of NGF...
- Suzuki T, Bogenmann E, Shimada H, Stram D, Seeger R. Lack of high-affinity nerve growth factor receptors in aggressive neuroblastomas. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993;85:377-84 pubmed..The absence of gp140TRK-A mRNA expression, whether or not the N-myc proto-oncogene is amplified, is associated with tumor progression. ..
- Hasan W, Smith H, Ting A, Smith P. Estrogen alters trkA and p75 neurotrophin receptor expression within sympathetic neurons. J Neurobiol. 2005;65:192-204 pubmed
- Lovekamp Swan T, Glendenning M, Schreihofer D. A high soy diet enhances neurotropin receptor and Bcl-XL gene expression in the brains of ovariectomized female rats. Brain Res. 2007;1159:54-66 pubmed..These results suggest that a high soy diet may provide beneficial effects to the brain similar to low dose chronic estrogen treatment such as that used for postmenopausal hormone replacement. ..
- Huang E, Wilkinson G, Farinas I, Backus C, Zang K, Wong S, et al. Expression of Trk receptors in the developing mouse trigeminal ganglion: in vivo evidence for NT-3 activation of TrkA and TrkB in addition to TrkC. Development. 1999;126:2191-203 pubmed..we used antisera specific for TrkA, TrkB, and TrkC to characterize and compare the expression patterns of each Trk receptor in trigeminal ganglia of wild type and NT-3 mutants between E10.5 and E15.5...
- MacDonald J, Gryz E, Kubu C, Verdi J, Meakin S. Direct binding of the signaling adapter protein Grb2 to the activation loop tyrosines on the nerve growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase, TrkA. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18225-33 pubmed
- Geetha T, Jiang J, Wooten M. Lysine 63 polyubiquitination of the nerve growth factor receptor TrkA directs internalization and signaling. Mol Cell. 2005;20:301-12 pubmed..These findings reveal that polyubiquitination serves as a common platform for the control of receptor internalization and signaling. ..
- Coppola V, Barrick C, Southon E, Celeste A, Wang K, Chen B, et al. Ablation of TrkA function in the immune system causes B cell abnormalities. Development. 2004;131:5185-95 pubmed..Furthermore, they demonstrate that many of the dramatic effects previously reported by pharmacological or immuno-depletion approaches do not reflect physiological developmental roles of TrkA in the immune system. ..
- Ceriani M, Amigoni L, D Aloia A, Berruti G, Martegani E. The deubiquitinating enzyme UBPy/USP8 interacts with TrkA and inhibits neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2015;333:49-59 pubmed publisherThe tropomyosin-related kinase (Trk) family of receptor tyrosine kinases controls synaptic function, plasticity and sustains differentiation, morphology, and neuronal cell survival...
- Ni X, Li X, Fang X, Li N, Cui W, Zhang B. NGF/TrkA-mediated Kidins220/ARMS signaling activated in the allergic airway challenge in mice. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2010;105:299-306 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Kidins220/ARMS partly participates in the pathogenesis of asthma through the NGF-TrkA signaling pathway, possibly representing a new mechanism in asthma. ..
- Lee F, Chao M. Activation of Trk neurotrophin receptors in the absence of neurotrophins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:3555-60 pubmedNeurotrophins regulate neuronal cell survival and synaptic plasticity through activation of Trk receptor tyrosine kinases...
- Triaca V, Tirassa P, Aloe L. Presence of nerve growth factor and TrkA expression in the SVZ of EAE rats: evidence for a possible functional significance. Exp Neurol. 2005;191:53-64 pubmed..The data obtained demonstrated that NGF and its antibody affect bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) incorporation and NGF receptor expression by SVZ progenitor cells in the brain of EAE rats. ..
- Sun X, Xu X, Wang F, Zhang X, Ho P, Liu H, et al. Nerve growth factor helps protect retina in experimental retinal detachment. Ophthalmologica. 2008;222:58-61 pubmed..Intravitreal injection of exogenous NGF can protect retinal cells from degeneration in experimental RD. It may exert its protective action by preventing the apoptosis of retinal cells after RD. ..
- Luther J, Birren S. p75 and TrkA signaling regulates sympathetic neuronal firing patterns via differential modulation of voltage-gated currents. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5411-24 pubmed publisher..NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) act through the tropomyosin-related receptor tyrosine kinases (Trk) and the pan-neurotrophin receptor (p75) to regulate complex developmental and functional properties of neurons...
- Marler K, Becker Barroso E, MARTINEZ A, Llovera M, Wentzel C, Poopalasundaram S, et al. A TrkB/EphrinA interaction controls retinal axon branching and synaptogenesis. J Neurosci. 2008;28:12700-12 pubmed publisher..The ephrinA/Trk interaction is neurotrophin induced and specifically augments the PI-3 kinase/Akt pathway generally known to be ..
- Badowska Szalewska E, Klejbor I, Ludkiewicz B, Domaradzka Pytel B, Dziewiatkowski J, Spodnik J, et al. Immunoreactivity of c-Fos, NGF and its receptor TrkA in the periventricular zone of the rat hypothalamus after open field exposure. Pol J Vet Sci. 2006;9:171-80 pubmed..Observed decrease of c-Fos- and TrkA-ir in the studied nuclei in the animals suffering from chronic stress in comparison with the acute one may indicate the occurrence of habituation phenomenon. This phenomenon does not concern NGF-ir. ..
- Woronowicz A, De Vusser K, Laroy W, Contreras R, Meakin S, Ross G, et al. Trypanosome trans-sialidase targets TrkA tyrosine kinase receptor and induces receptor internalization and activation. Glycobiology. 2004;14:987-98 pubmed
- Gudasheva T, Povarnina P, Antipova T, Firsova Y, Konstantinopolsky M, Seredenin S. Dimeric dipeptide mimetics of the nerve growth factor Loop 4 and Loop 1 activate TRKA with different patterns of intracellular signal transduction. J Biomed Sci. 2015;22:106 pubmed publisher..The data obtained suggest that dimeric dipeptide NGF mimetics are promising candidates in the development of pharmacological agents with NGF-like activity that are free of the main side effect of NGF. ..
- Perini G, Della Bianca V, Politi V, Della Valle G, Dal Pra I, Rossi F, et al. Role of p75 neurotrophin receptor in the neurotoxicity by beta-amyloid peptides and synergistic effect of inflammatory cytokines. J Exp Med. 2002;195:907-18 pubmed..Together, our results indicate that neurons expressing p75(NTR), mostly if expressing also proinflammatory cytokine receptors, might be preferential targets of the cytotoxic action of Abeta in AD. ..
- Oderfeld Nowak B, Orzyłowska Sliwińska O, Sołtys Z, Zaremba M, Januszewski S, Janeczko K, et al. Concomitant up-regulation of astroglial high and low affinity nerve growth factor receptors in the CA1 hippocampal area following global transient cerebral ischemia in rat. Neuroscience. 2003;120:31-40 pubmed
- Lin Y, Su Y, Weng W, Lee W. Novel neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor type 1 gene mutation associated with congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis. J Child Neurol. 2010;25:1548-51 pubmed publisher..He had a homozygous insertion mutation with c.2086_2087 ins C of neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor type 1 (NTRK1) gene with both parents as heterozygous carriers...
- Dissen G, Garcia Rudaz C, Tapia V, Parada L, Hsu S, Ojeda S. Expression of the insulin receptor-related receptor is induced by the preovulatory surge of luteinizing hormone in thecal-interstitial cells of the rat ovary. Endocrinology. 2006;147:155-65 pubmed
- Lebrun Julien F, Morquette B, Douillette A, Saragovi H, Di Polo A. Inhibition of p75(NTR) in glia potentiates TrkA-mediated survival of injured retinal ganglion cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:410-20 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel mechanism by which p75(NTR) expressed on retinal glia can profoundly influence neuronal survival. ..
- Mitchell D, Blasier K, Jeffery E, Ross M, Pullikuth A, Suo D, et al. Trk activation of the ERK1/2 kinase pathway stimulates intermediate chain phosphorylation and recruits cytoplasmic dynein to signaling endosomes for retrograde axonal transport. J Neurosci. 2012;32:15495-510 pubmed publisherThe retrograde transport of Trk-containing endosomes from the axon to the cell body by cytoplasmic dynein is necessary for axonal and neuronal survival...
- Nishida T, Nishikawa Y, Jinnai H, Arii T, Yoshimura R, Endo Y. Ultrastructural localization of the neurotrophin receptor (TrkA) in cultured rat pheochromocytoma PC12 Cells: three-dimensional image analysis by high voltage electron microscopy. Biomed Res. 2007;28:161-7 pubmed..These results suggest that TrkA are not localized in the caveolae, at least in differentiated PC12 cells, but other invaginations are involved in a novel process of internalization of ligand-bound TrkA. ..
- Uren R, Turbic A, Wong A, Klein R, Murray S, Turnley A. A novel role of suppressor of cytokine signaling-2 in the regulation of TrkA neurotrophin receptor biology. J Neurochem. 2014;129:614-27 pubmed publisher..This study highlights a novel role for SOCS2 in the regulation of TrkA signaling and biology. ..
- Rajagopal R, Chen Z, Lee F, Chao M. Transactivation of Trk neurotrophin receptors by G-protein-coupled receptor ligands occurs on intracellular membranes. J Neurosci. 2004;24:6650-8 pubmedNeurotrophins, such as NGF and BDNF, activate Trk receptor tyrosine kinases through receptor dimerization at the cell surface followed by autophosphorylation and intracellular signaling...
- BasuRay S, Mukherjee S, Romero E, Wilson M, Wandinger Ness A. Rab7 mutants associated with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease exhibit enhanced NGF-stimulated signaling. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15351 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the data demonstrate a mechanistic link between Rab7 CMT2B mutants and altered TrkA and Erk1/2 signaling from endosomes. ..
- Wehrman T, He X, Raab B, Dukipatti A, Blau H, Garcia K. Structural and mechanistic insights into nerve growth factor interactions with the TrkA and p75 receptors. Neuron. 2007;53:25-38 pubmed..We propose that TrkA and p75 likely communicate through convergence of downstream signaling pathways and/or shared adaptor molecules, rather than through direct extracellular interactions. ..
- Goldbart A, Mager E, Veling M, Goldman J, Kheirandish Gozal L, Serpero L, et al. Neurotrophins and tonsillar hypertrophy in children with obstructive sleep apnea. Pediatr Res. 2007;62:489-94 pubmed
- Saragovi H. Progression of age-associated cognitive impairment correlates with quantitative and qualitative loss of TrkA receptor protein in nucleus basalis and cortex. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1472-80 pubmed..We speculate that neurotrophic deficits may be a shared mechanism for cognitive decline in aging and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Manni L, Florenzano F, Aloe L. Electroacupuncture counteracts the development of thermal hyperalgesia and the alteration of nerve growth factor and sensory neuromodulators induced by streptozotocin in adult rats. Diabetologia. 2011;54:1900-8 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of electroacupuncture might depend on its actions on spinal/peripheral NGF synthesis/utilisation and normalisation of the levels of several sensory neuromodulators. ..
- Bulbarelli A, Lonati E, Cazzaniga E, Re F, Sesana S, Barisani D, et al. TrkA pathway activation induced by amyloid-beta (Abeta). Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:365-73 pubmed publisher..These results have been confirmed by using pathophysiological Abeta (1-42) oligomers. Our data provide the evidence that Abeta induces the TrkA pathway activation directly by itself and indirectly promoting NGF secretion. ..
- Karkoulias G, Flordellis C. Delayed transactivation of the receptor for nerve growth factor is required for sustained signaling and differentiation by alpha2-adrenergic receptors in transfected PC12 cells. Cell Signal. 2007;19:945-57 pubmed
- Manni L, Holmang A, Cajander S, Lundeberg T, Aloe L, Stener Victorin E. Effect of anti-NGF on ovarian expression of alpha1- and beta2-adrenoceptors, TrkA, p75NTR, and tyrosine hydroxylase in rats with steroid-induced polycystic ovaries. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R826-35 pubmed..The results indicate that the NGF/NGF receptor system plays a role in the pathogenesis of EV-induced PCO in rats. ..
- Rocco M, Balzamino B, Aloe L, Micera A. NGF protects corneal, retinal, and cutaneous tissues/cells from phototoxic effect of UV exposure. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2018;256:729-738 pubmed publisher..Although the mechanism underneath this effect needs further investigation, these observations prospect the development of a pharmacological NGF-based therapy devoted to maintain cell function when exposed to phototoxic UV radiation. ..
- Saygili E, Kluttig R, Rana O, Saygili E, Gemein C, Zink M, et al. Age-related regional differences in cardiac nerve growth factor expression. Age (Dordr). 2012;34:659-67 pubmed publisher..These results point to a contribution of nerve growth factors to the change of autonomic tone observed in elderly patients. ..
- Galoyan S, Petruska J, Mendell L. Mechanisms of sensitization of the response of single dorsal root ganglion cells from adult rat to noxious heat. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:535-41 pubmed..We conclude that the response of dorsal root ganglion neurons to noxious heat is conditioned by nerve growth factor in the same way as their response to capsaicin and that these responses require the presence of trkA and TRPV1. ..
- Al Gayyar M, Matragoon S, Pillai B, Ali T, Abdelsaid M, El Remessy A. Epicatechin blocks pro-nerve growth factor (proNGF)-mediated retinal neurodegeneration via inhibition of p75 neurotrophin receptor expression in a rat model of diabetes [corrected]. Diabetologia. 2011;54:669-80 pubmed publisher..These effects were blocked by epicatechin, a safe dietary supplement, suggesting its potential therapeutic use in diabetic patients. ..
- Sivilia S, Paradisi M, D Intino G, Fernandez M, Pirondi S, Lorenzini L, et al. Skin homeostasis during inflammation: a role for nerve growth factor. Histol Histopathol. 2008;23:1-10 pubmed publisher..trkA mRNA expression inversely correlates with p75 and NGF mRNA expression. These results suggest that CFA chronic inflammation evolves from inflammation to a small fibers sensory neuropathy and NGF seems to play a role in both events. ..
- Tropea D, Capsoni S, Covaceuszach S, Domenici L, Cattaneo A. Rat visual cortical neurones express TrkA NGF receptor. Neuroreport. 2002;13:1369-73 pubmed..We conclude that TrkA is expressed in visual cortical neurones during postnatal development and in adulthood and that its pattern of expression is developmentally regulated. ..
- Dai C, Steyger P, Wang Z, Vass Z, Nuttall A. Expression of Trk A receptors in the mammalian inner ear. Hear Res. 2004;187:1-11 pubmedTyrosine kinase receptors, including Trk A, Trk B and Trk C, participate in many different biological processes that are regulated by neurotrophic factors...
- Nomura M, Nagai T, Harada Y, Tani T. Facilitated intracellular transport of TrkA by an interaction with nerve growth factor. Dev Neurobiol. 2011;71:634-49 pubmed publisher..5-NGF. On the basis of these observations, we hypothesize that there is a signaling mechanism within a single vesicle that facilitates the intracellular transport of each vesicle containing the activated TrkA. ..
- Hajebrahimi Z, Mowla S, Movahedin M, Tavallaei M. Gene expression alterations of neurotrophins, their receptors and prohormone convertases in a rat model of spinal cord contusion. Neurosci Lett. 2008;441:261-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression of all NTs high-affinity Trk receptors decreased severely after the contusion...
- Wan J, Cheung A, Fu W, Wu C, Zhang M, Mobley W, et al. Endophilin B1 as a novel regulator of nerve growth factor/ TrkA trafficking and neurite outgrowth. J Neurosci. 2008;28:9002-12 pubmed publisher..Our observations implicate endophilin B1 as a novel regulator of NGF trafficking, thereby affecting TrkA levels and downstream signaling on endosomes to mediate biological functions of NGF. ..
- Ueda K, Hirose M, Murata E, Takatori M, Ueda M, Ikeda H, et al. Local administration of a synthetic cell-penetrating peptide antagonizing TrkA function suppresses inflammatory pain in rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;112:438-43 pubmed..These results suggest that local administration of IPTRK3 is likely effective in the treatment of inflammatory pain in rats. ..
- Coassin M, Lambiase A, Sposato V, Micera A, Bonini S, Aloe L. Retinal p75 and bax overexpression is associated with retinal ganglion cells apoptosis in a rat model of glaucoma. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2008;246:1743-9 pubmed publisher..The failure of NGF trophic support might be associated with the progressive up-regulation of p75(NTR) in relation to trkA(NGFR). ..