Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nr2f2
Description: nuclear receptor subfamily 2, group F, member 2
Alias: Tfcoup2, COUP transcription factor 2, ARP-1, COUP transcription factor II, COUP-TF II, COUP-TF2, COUPb, apolipoprotein A-I regulatory protein 1, apolipoprotein AI regulatory protein 1, ovalbumin upstream promoter beta nuclear receptor
- Tornari C, Towers E, Gale J, Dawson S. Regulation of the orphan nuclear receptor Nr2f2 by the DFNA15 deafness gene Pou4f3. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112247 pubmed publisher..The orphan thyroid nuclear receptor Nr2f2 was identified as a POU4F3 target using a subtractive hybridization strategy and EMSA analysis showed that POU4F3 ..
- Howell M, Li R, Zhang R, Li Y, Chen W, Chen G. The expression of Apoc3 mRNA is regulated by HNF4? and COUP-TFII, but not acute retinoid treatments, in primary rat hepatocytes and hepatoma cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;387:241-50 pubmed..We conclude that short-term retinoid treatments could not induce Apoc3 mRNA expression, which is regulated by HNF4? and COUP-TFII in hepatocytes. ..
- Dingemann J, Doi T, Ruttenstock E, Gosemann J, Puri P. COUP-TFII gene expression is upregulated in embryonic pleuroperitoneal folds in the nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia rat model. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2012;22:21-5 pubmed publisher..No difference in immunoreactivity was observed on D18 and D21. Upregulation of COUP-II gene expression in the PPF may contribute to the diaphragmatic defect in the nitrofen CDH model by inhibiting the RSP. ..
- Doi T, Sugimoto K, Puri P. Up-regulation of COUP-TFII gene expression in the nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung. J Pediatr Surg. 2009;44:321-4 pubmed publisher..We speculate that up-regulation of COUP-TFII gene expression during the stage of branching lung morphogenesis may cause pulmonary hypoplasia by repressing RSP. ..
- Zhang Y, Dufau M. Repression of the luteinizing hormone receptor gene promoter by cross talk among EAR3/COUP-TFI, Sp1/Sp3, and TFIIB. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6958-72 pubmed
- Raccurt M, Smallwood S, Mertani H, Devost D, Abbaci K, Boutin J, et al. Cloning, expression and regulation of chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factors (COUP-TFII and EAR-2) in the rat anterior pituitary gland. Neuroendocrinology. 2005;82:233-44 pubmedChicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factors (COUP-TF)-II (NR2F2) and EAR-2 (NR2F6) are structurally related orphan members of the nuclear receptors superfamily...
- Berenson L, Ota N, Murphy K. Issues in T-helper 1 development--resolved and unresolved. Immunol Rev. 2004;202:157-74 pubmed..None of these areas is static or resolved fully, and they likely will remain topics of rapid progress. ..
- Kang S, Spann N, Hui T, Davis R. ARP-1/COUP-TF II determines hepatoma phenotype by acting as both a transcriptional repressor of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein and an inducer of CYP7A1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30478-86 pubmed..This dual function of ARP-1/COUP-TFII may play an important role in determining the metabolic phenotype of individual liver cells. ..
- Li Y, Xia Y, Wang Y, Mao L, Gao Y, He Q, et al. Sonic hedgehog (Shh) regulates the expression of angiogenic growth factors in oxygen-glucose-deprived astrocytes by mediating the nuclear receptor NR2F2. Mol Neurobiol. 2013;47:967-75 pubmed publisher..The results of silencing Gli-1, or NR2F2, exhibited that exogenous Shh could regulate the expressions of VEGF, Ang-1, and Ang-2 in astrocytes by activating ..
- Marcus S, Winrow C, Capone J, Rachubinski R. A p56(lck) ligand serves as a coactivator of an orphan nuclear hormone receptor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27197-200 pubmed..This factor is identical to a recently described ligand of the tyrosine kinase signaling molecule p56(lck), suggesting that it mediates cross-talk between mitogenic and nuclear hormone receptor signal transduction pathways. ..
- Perilhou A, Tourrel Cuzin C, Kharroubi I, Henique C, Fauveau V, Kitamura T, et al. The transcription factor COUP-TFII is negatively regulated by insulin and glucose via Foxo1- and ChREBP-controlled pathways. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:6568-79 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that this negative glucose effect involves ChREBP expression. We propose that COUP-TFII acts in a coordinate fashion to control insulin secretion and glucose metabolism. ..
- Chu K, Zingg H. The nuclear orphan receptors COUP-TFII and Ear-2 act as silencers of the human oxytocin gene promoter. J Mol Endocrinol. 1997;19:163-72 pubmed
- Ben Shushan E, Sharir H, Pikarsky E, Bergman Y. A dynamic balance between ARP-1/COUP-TFII, EAR-3/COUP-TFI, and retinoic acid receptor:retinoid X receptor heterodimers regulates Oct-3/4 expression in embryonal carcinoma cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1034-48 pubmed
- Fuentealba P, Klausberger T, Karayannis T, Suen W, Huck J, Tomioka R, et al. Expression of COUP-TFII nuclear receptor in restricted GABAergic neuronal populations in the adult rat hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1595-609 pubmed publisherThe COUP-TFII nuclear receptor, also known as NR2F2, is expressed in the developing ventral telencephalon and modulates the tangential migration of a set of subpallial neuronal progenitors during forebrain development...