Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nop53
Description: NOP53 ribosome biogenesis factor
Alias: Gltscr2, glioma tumor suppressor candidate region gene 2 protein, preS1 binding protein
- Chen H, Duo Y, Hu B, Wang Z, Zhang F, Tsai H, et al. PICT-1 triggers a pro-death autophagy through inhibiting rRNA transcription and AKT/mTOR/p70S6K signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:78747-78763 pubmed publisher..Our data show that PICT-1 triggers pro-death autophagy through inhibition of rRNA transcription and the inactivation of AKT/mTOR/p70S6K pathway, independent of nucleolar disruption and p53 activation. ..
- Wang P, Meng W, Han S, Li C, Wang X, Wang X. The nucleolar protein GLTSCR2 is required for efficient viral replication. Sci Rep. 2016;6:36226 pubmed publisherb>Glioma tumor suppressor candidate region gene 2 protein (GLTSCR2) is a nucleolar protein...
- Sloan K, Bohnsack M, Watkins N. The 5S RNP couples p53 homeostasis to ribosome biogenesis and nucleolar stress. Cell Rep. 2013;5:237-47 pubmed publisher..The 5S RNP therefore emerges as the critical coordinator of signaling pathways that couple cell proliferation with ribosome production. ..
- Okahara F, Ikawa H, Kanaho Y, Maehama T. Regulation of PTEN phosphorylation and stability by a tumor suppressor candidate protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45300-3 pubmed..These findings suggest a novel molecular mechanism underlying the turnover of PTEN, which also provides an explanation for the loss of PTEN function due to C-terminal mutations. ..
- Borodianskiy Shteinberg T, Kalt I, Kipper S, Nachum N, Katz S, Pauker M, et al. The nucleolar PICT-1/GLTSCR2 protein forms homo-oligomers. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:2363-78 pubmed publisher..carboxyl terminus 1" (PICT-1), also designated as the "glioma tumor suppressor candidate region 2 gene product", GLTSCR2, is a nucleolar protein whose activity is, as yet, unknown...
- Kalt I, Borodianskiy Shteinberg T, Schachor A, Sarid R. GLTSCR2/PICT-1, a putative tumor suppressor gene product, induces the nucleolar targeting of the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus KS-Bcl-2 protein. J Virol. 2010;84:2935-45 pubmed publisher..to as protein interacting with carboxyl terminus 1 (PICT-1), encoded by a candidate tumor suppressor gene, GLTSCR2. Confocal laser scanning microscopy revealed nucleolar localization of PICT-1, whereas KS-Bcl-2 was located ..
- Lee S, Cho Y, Kim S, Kim Y, Park J. GLTSCR2 promotes the nucleoplasmic translocation and subsequent degradation of nucleolar ARF. Oncotarget. 2017;8:16293-16302 pubmed publisher..b>GLTSCR2 (also known as PICT-1) is a nucleolar protein involved in both tumor suppression and oncogenesis in concert with ..
- Okahara F, Itoh K, Nakagawara A, Murakami M, Kanaho Y, Maehama T. Critical role of PICT-1, a tumor suppressor candidate, in phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate signals and tumorigenic transformation. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4888-95 pubmed..Recent study revealed that PICT-1/GLTSCR2 bound to and stabilized PTEN protein in cells, implicating its roles in PTEN-governed PIP(3) signals...