Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ngf
Description: nerve growth factor (beta polypeptide)
Alias: Ngfb, beta-NGF, beta-nerve growth factor
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Production and characterization of biologically active recombinant beta nerve growth factorF Hallbook
Department of Medical Genetics, Uppsala University, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 8:452-6. 1988DNA fragments encoding either rat or chicken beta nerve growth factor (NGF) were inserted in the expression vector p91023(B) for transient expression in COS cells...
- The role of enhanced cutaneous IL-1beta signaling in a rat tibia fracture model of complex regional pain syndromeWen Wu Li
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Pain 144:303-13. 2009..the modulation of nociceptive information and it acts as an intermediate inflammatory mediator via up-regulation of NGF. We hypothesized that IL-1beta signaling might mediate the development of the CRPS-like changes after tibial ..
- Paraplegia increased cardiac NGF content, sympathetic tonus, and the susceptibility to ischemia-induced ventricular tachycardia in conscious ratsHeidi L Lujan
Department of Physiology, Wayne State Univ School of Medicine, 540 E Canfield Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1364-72. 2009..Furthermore, it is well known that sympathetic neurons have a lifelong requirement for nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- NGF and BDNF signaling control amyloidogenic route and Abeta production in hippocampal neuronsCarmela Matrone
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via del Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13139-44. 2008Here, we report that interruption of NGF or BDNF signaling in hippocampal neurons rapidly activates the amyloidogenic pathway and causes neuronal apoptotic death...
- Akt phosphorylation is essential for nuclear translocation and retention in NGF-stimulated PC12 cellsTruong Le Xuan Nguyen
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:789-98. 2006Nerve growth factor (NGF) elicits Akt translocation into the nucleus, where it phosphorylates nuclear targets...
- Global expression analysis identified a preferentially nerve growth factor-induced transcriptional program regulated by sustained mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and AP-1 protein activation during PC12 cell difSteven Mullenbrock
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 286:45131-45. 2011Neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells in response to NGF is a prototypical model in which signal duration determines a biological response...
- Nerve growth factor-mediated increases in protein methylation occur predominantly at type I arginine methylation sites and involve protein arginine methyltransferase 1Thomas R Cimato
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
J Neurosci Res 67:435-42. 2002Nerve growth factor (NGF)-specific signal transduction leads to changes in protein methylation during neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells (Cimato et al.  J. Cell Biol. 138:1089-1103)...
- Inhibiting nerve growth factor or its receptors downregulates calcitonin gene-related peptide expression in rat lumbar dorsal root ganglia innervating injured intervertebral discsSumihisa Orita
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Orthop Res 28:1614-20. 2010Nerve growth factor (NGF) and its dual structurally unrelated receptors, tropomyosin-related kinase A (TrkA) or p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75(NTR)), cause the pathogenesis of discogenic pain...
- Nerve growth factor attenuates proliferation of astrocytes via the p75 neurotrophin receptorAndrea B Cragnolini
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey 07102, USA
Glia 57:1386-92. 2009..Treatment of hippocampal astrocytes with nerve growth factor (NGF) caused a reduction in cell number, but did not elicit an apoptotic response, in contrast to hippocampal neurons...
- Endogenous nerve growth factor regulates collagen expression and bladder hypertrophy through Akt and MAPK pathways during cystitisChul Won Chung
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0551, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4206-12. 2010..The endogenous nerve growth factor (NGF) in the urinary bladder regulated type I collagen expression because the neutralizing NGF antibody attenuated ..
- Selective inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 blocks nerve growth factor to brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling and suppresses the development of and reverses already established pain behavior in ratsY Matsuoka
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Neuroscience 206:224-36. 2012..Although it is known that nerve growth factor (NGF) induces BDNF mRNA through extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERK), whether ERK1/2 or ERK5, two closely ..
- NGF, BDNF, leptin, and mast cells in human coronary atherosclerosis and metabolic syndromeG N Chaldakov
Medical University, Varna, Bulgaria
Arch Physiol Biochem 109:357-60. 2001..implicated in cardiovascular tissue development and in lipid and glucose metabolism, the role of the neurotrophins NGF and BDNF and also the adipokine leptin in human coronary atherosclerosis and related disorders, such as metabolic ..
- The influence of inhalative corticosteroids on circulating Nerve Growth Factor, Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor and Neurotrophin-3 in allergic asthmaticsO Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite Campus Virchow, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 31:1906-12. 2001The neurotrophins Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) and Neurotrophin (NT)-3 are produced, stored and released by various immunological cells...
- Redundancy of the effect of TGFbeta1 and beta-NGF on the second meiotic division of rat spermatocytesMarie Hélene Perrard
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, Université Lyon I, CNRS, INRA, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Lyon, F 69364, France
Microsc Res Tech 72:596-602. 2009..in cocultures of late pachytene/diplotene spermatocytes (PS/DS) with Sertoli cells, beta-nerve growth factor (beta-NGF) or transforming growth factor (TGFbeta1) regulates the second meiotic division by blocking secondary spermatocytes ..
- beta-Nerve growth factor participates in an auto/paracrine pathway of regulation of the meiotic differentiation of rat spermatocytesMarie Hélene Perrard
INSERM, U418, Hopital Debrousse, 29 rue Soeur Bouvier, Lyon Cedex 05, France
J Cell Physiol 210:51-62. 2007b>NGF appears to be involved in spermatogenesis. However, mice lacking NGF or TrkA genes do not survive more than a few days whereas p75(NTR) knockout mice are viable and fertile...
- A study of the cough reflex in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisBenjamin D M Hope-Gill
Respiratory Unit and Pathology Department, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:995-1002. 2003..The cough response to inhaled SP in most patients may reflect disrupted respiratory epithelium. The response to corticosteroids demonstrates that the cough is amenable to therapy...
- Neurotrophin system activation in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid immune cells in pulmonary sarcoidosisAlberto Ricci
Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiovascolari e Respiratorie, U O C Pneumologia Ospedale Sant Andrea, Universita La Sapienza Roma, Italy
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 22:186-94. 2005..We hypothesize that neurotrophins (NTs), nerve growth factor (NGF), brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and NT-3, besides their importance in immune system activities, ..
- Identification of new Nerve Growth Factor-responsive immediate-early genesT F Dijkmans
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9502, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1249:19-33. 2009Stimulation of the PC12 pheochromocytoma cell line with the prototypical neurotrophin Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) induces a cellular response of neuronal differentiation and is therefore a widely used model to gain molecular insight into ..
- Development of heat hyperalgesia and changes of TRPV1 and NGF expression in rat dorsal root ganglion following joint immobilizationT Nishigami
Department of Physical Therapy, Konan Woman s University, Kobe, Japan
Physiol Res 62:215-9. 2013..to heat stimuli, and expression of transient receptor potential vanilloid1 (TRPV1) and nerve growth factor (NGF) in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) altered under conditions of long-term limb immobilization...
- Ras signaling in NGF reduction and TNF-α-related pancreatic β cell apoptosis in hyperglycemic ratsSelda Gezginci-Oktayoglu
Department of Biology, Istanbul University, Vezneciler, Istanbul, Turkey
Apoptosis 17:14-24. 2012Recent evidence suggested that tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and nerve growth factor (NGF) withdrawal activated a common apoptotic pathway...
- Nerve growth factor mediates peripheral mechanical hypersensitivity that accompanies experimental cystitis in miceSimone Domit Guerios
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Dr, Madison, 53706, USA
Neurosci Lett 392:193-7. 2006..To investigate the role of nerve growth factor (NGF) in these processes, other groups of mice received NGF antiserum, normal serum, or K252a intravenously 30 min after ..
- Gene therapy using replication-defective herpes simplex virus vectors expressing nerve growth factor in a rat model of diabetic cystopathyKatsumi Sasaki
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Diabetes 53:2723-30. 2004..replication-defective herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) vectors to deliver and express the nerve growth factor (NGF) gene (HSV-NGF) on tissue NGF levels and bladder function, were evaluated in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic ..
- Functional characterization of a chronic cyclophosphamide-induced overactive bladder model in miceMathieu Boudes
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Neurourol Urodyn 30:1659-65. 2011..To describe a new mouse model of overactive bladder (OAB) at the histological level, pain, voiding behavior, and urodynamics, while assessing the physiological state of mice...
- [Study on the expressions of basic fibroblast growth factor and nervous growth factor genes in rat cerebral concussion]Rui Yun Peng
Institute of Radiation Medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 15:213-6. 2003To study the expressions of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and nervous growth factor(NGF) genes in rat cerebral concussion.
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 regulates cleavage of pro-nerve growth factor and is neuroprotective following kainic acid-induced seizuresAudrey P Le
Department of Biological Sciences, Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey 07102, USA
J Neurosci 32:703-12. 2012The neurotrophin nerve growth factor (NGF) regulates neuronal growth, differentiation, and survival during development...
- [Observation on morphology and nerve growth factor expression in nasal mucosal of depression rats]Xiaobei Xu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Wuhan University People s Hospital, Wuhan, 430060, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 26:71-4. 2012To establish the rat model of depression and observe its morphological changes and nerve growth factor (NGF) expression in nasal mucosal.
- Effects of castration on the expression of the NGF and TrkA in the vas deferens and accessory male genital glands of the ratC Squillacioti
Department of Structures, Functions and biological Technologies University of Naples Federico II
Eur J Histochem 53:e29. 2009Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) is a member of the neurotrophin family...
- Rate and irregularity of electrical activation during atrial fibrillation affect myocardial NGF expression via different signalling routesErol Saygili
Department of Cardiology, University RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Cell Signal 24:99-105. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the impact of rate and irregularity on nerve growth factor (NGF) expression in cardiomyocytes, since NGF is known to be the main contributor to cardiac sympathetic innervation ..
- Vascular and neuronal protection induced by the ocular administration of nerve growth factor in diabetic-induced rat encephalopathyPaola Tirassa
Institute of Cellular Biology and Neurobiology, National Research Council CNR, Rome, Italy
CNS Neurosci Ther 19:307-18. 2013..The major NGF brain target areas, such as the septum and the hippocampus, were used as an experimental paradigma to test this ..
- Serum and tear levels of nerve growth factor in diabetic retinopathy patientsKyoung Soo Park
Institute of Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Ophthalmol 145:432-7. 2008To measure serum and tear nerve growth factor (NGF) concentrations in diabetic retinopathy (DR) patients to determine whether the NGF correlated with parameters associated with DR.
- Urinary nerve growth factor level in children with neurogenic bladder due to myelomeningoceleAgata Korzeniecka-Kozerska
Department of Paediatrics and Nephrology, Medical University of Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Scand J Urol 47:411-7. 2013..Nerve growth factor (NGF) is an important mediator inducing bladder overactivity in many pathological conditions...
- Calreticulin mediates nerve growth factor-induced neuronal differentiationYu Yin Shih
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 11529, Taiwan
J Mol Neurosci 47:571-81. 2012The nerve growth factor (NGF)/TrkA-signaling is necessary for neural development, and its abnormality has been tightly associated with the tumorigenesis of various cancers originated from the nervous system...
- Use new PLGL-RGD-NGF nerve conduits for promoting peripheral nerve regenerationQiongjiao Yan
Biomedical Materials and Engineering Center, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, Peoples Republic of China
Biomed Eng Online 11:36. 2012..Nerve conduits require additional factors such as cell adhesion molecules and neurotrophic factors to provide a more conducive microenvironment for nerve regeneration...
- Decreased expression of β-nerve growth factor correlated with histological changes in a cryptorchidism rat modelHua XIAN
Surgical Comprehensive Laboratory, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 125:713-6. 2012Nerve growth factor (NGF) is well-known for its important role in the development and maintenance of the nervous system...
- Modulation of rat parasympathetic cardiac ganglion phenotype and NGF synthesis by adrenergic nervesWohaib Hasan
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Auton Neurosci 145:17-26. 2009..Parasympathetic neurons elsewhere synthesize the neurotrophin NGF, which may promote postganglionic axonal associations where parasympathetic axons inhibit sympathetic transmitter ..
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of the protein expression of nerve growth factor and its TrkA receptor in rat limbic regions following electroshock seizuresGiuseppe Conti
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Neurosci Res 65:201-9. 2009..shock (ECS) decreases neuronal death in limbic system and increases mRNA levels for nerve growth factor (NGF). Thus, the induction of NGF is a potential mechanism for the neuroprotection evoked by repeated ECS...
- Combination therapy with intranasal NGF and electroacupuncture enhanced cell proliferation and survival in rats after strokeSongming Cheng
Department of Neurology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Neurol Res 31:753-8. 2009..to investigate the effects of the combination therapy with intranasal (IN) administration of nerve growth factor (NGF) and electroacupuncture (EA) on neural progenitors and neurological functional recovery in adult rats after focal ..
- In vitro effects of low-level laser irradiation for bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells: proliferation, growth factors secretion and myogenic differentiationJian feng Hou
Department of Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Lasers Surg Med 40:726-33. 2008..However, little is known about the effects of LLLI on BMSCs. The aim of this study was designed to investigate the influence of LLLI at different energy densities on BMSCs proliferation, secretion and myogenic differentiation...
- The roles of nerve growth factor and cholecystokinin in the enhancement of morphine analgesia in a rodent model of central nervous system inflammationDimitris N Xanthos
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuropharmacology 56:684-91. 2009..the mechanisms underlying this effect, in particular the roles of cholecystokinin (CCK) and nerve growth factor (NGF), in an animal model of central nervous system (CNS) inflammation induced by spinal administration of ..
- Forced, moderate-intensity treadmill exercise suppresses apoptosis by increasing the level of NGF and stimulating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling in the hippocampus of induced aging ratsChang Hun Chae
School of Sport Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Chunchun dong, Jangan gu, Suwon 440 746, South Korea
Neurochem Int 55:208-13. 2009While nerve growth factor (NGF) activates various signaling cascades, the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-K)/Akt pathway plays a pivotal role in controlling the survival of neurons, although this activity declines during the aging ..
- NGF protects paravertebral but not prevertebral sympathetic neurons against exposure to high glucose in vitroYemane K Semra
Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biosciences, UCL, London, UK
Brain Res 1285:164-73. 2009..Changes in neurotrophic support by NGF occur during postnatal development and are implicated in diabetic neuropathy...
- Regulation of nerve growth factor in the heart: the role of the calcineurin-NFAT pathwayObaida R Rana
Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Pulmonology, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:568-78. 2009..Cardiomyocytes control their local neural milieu by expression of nerve growth factor (NGF), which triggers sympathetic neural growth (sympathetic nerve sprouting: SNS)...
- NGF is essential for hippocampal plasticity and learningJames M Conner
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Neurosci 29:10883-9. 2009Nerve growth factor (NGF) is produced in the hippocampus throughout life and is retrogradely trafficked to septal cholinergic neurons, providing a potential mechanism for modulating cholinergic inputs and, thereby, hippocampal plasticity...
- ERK5 activity is required for nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth and stabilization of tyrosine hydroxylase in PC12 cellsYutaro Obara
Department of Cellular Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:23564-73. 2009..Nerve growth factor (NGF) induced phosphorylation of both ERK5 and ERK1/2, whereas the cAMP analog dibutyryl cAMP (Bt(2)cAMP) caused only ..
- Cytostatic factor proteins are present in male meiotic cells and beta-nerve growth factor increases mos levels in rat late spermatocytesMarie Hélene Perrard
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, INRA UMR 1288, CNRS UMR 5242, Universite Lyon 1, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7237. 2009In co-cultures of pachytene spermatocytes with Sertoli cells, beta-NGF regulates the second meiotic division by blocking secondary spermatocytes in metaphase (metaphase II), and thereby lowers round spermatid formation...
- Combined effects of chronic nicotine and acute virus exposure on neurotrophin expression in rat lungFernando Urrego
Ochsner Children s Health Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:1075-84. 2009..Expression of the neurotrophins nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor, of their high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptors (trkA and trkB, ..
- Mechanical stretch of sympathetic neurons induces VEGF expression via a NGF and CNTF signaling pathwayErol Saygili
Department of Cardiology, University RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 410:62-7. 2011..Sympathetic neurons (SN) also possess the ability to express and secrete VEGF, which is mediated by the NGF/TrkA signaling pathway...
- Characterization of intracellular translocation of Forkhead transcription factor O (FoxO) members induced by NGF in PC12 cellsQiang Wen
Neuropharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Neurosci Lett 498:31-6. 2011..We examined the effects of nerve growth factor (NGF) on nuclear/cytoplasmic shuttling of FoxO1, FoxO3a and FoxO6 in PC12 cells and determined their translocation ..
- The effects of vitamin D receptor silencing on the expression of LVSCC-A1C and LVSCC-A1D and the release of NGF in cortical neuronsDuygu Gezen-Ak
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Biology, Istanbul, Turkey
PLoS ONE 6:e17553. 2011..the L-type voltage-sensitive calcium channels, LVSCC-A1C and LVSCC-A1D, and up-regulate nerve growth factor (NGF). However, expression of these proteins when VDR is repressed is unknown...
- Facilitated intracellular transport of TrkA by an interaction with nerve growth factorMami Nomura
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Kashiwanoha 5 1 5, Kashiwa shi, Chiba 277 8592, Japan
Dev Neurobiol 71:634-49. 2011..We visualized the behavior of TrkA, a receptor of nerve growth factor (NGF), by labeling with GFP in PC12 cells...
- Expressions of Axl and Tyro-3 receptors are under regulation of nerve growth factor and are involved in differentiation of PC12 cellsQi Wang
Department of Physiology, Capital Medical University, Key Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Ministry of Education, Beijing 100069 China
Neurosci Bull 27:15-22. 2011..The aim of the present study was to investigate their functions in neuronal differentiation...
- Reactive astrocytosis-induced perturbation of synaptic homeostasis is restored by nerve growth factorGiovanni Cirillo
Laboratorio di Morfologia delle Reti Neuronali, Dipartimento di Medicina Pubblica Clinica e Preventiva, Seconda Universita di Napoli, 80138 Naples, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 41:630-9. 2011..Finally, this study also shows that all these structural changes were linked to an alteration of endogenous NGF metabolism, as demonstrated by the decrease of endogenous NGF expression levels and increased activity of the NGF-..
- Serum neurotrophin profile in systemic sclerosisMarie Claude Lise
EA3842 Homéostasie Cellulaire et Pathologies, IFR 145, Limoges University Hospital, Limoges, France
PLoS ONE 5:e13918. 2010..The aims of this study are to determine blood levels of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) and Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) in SSc and to correlate them with clinical and ..
- Neurotrophins and neurotrophin receptors in pulmonary sarcoidosis - granulomas as a source of expressionCharlotta Dagnell
Department of Medicine Solna, Respiratory Medicine Unit, Karolinska Institutet Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Respir Res 11:156. 2010..The neurotrophins nerve growth factor (NGF), brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) have been suggested to be important mediators ..
- Sympathetic neurons express and secrete MMP-2 and MT1-MMP to control nerve sprouting via pro-NGF conversionErol Saygili
Department of Cardiology, Medical Clinic I, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:17-25. 2011..stimulation (HFES) of sympathetic neurons (SN) induces nerve sprouting by up-regulation of nerve growth factor (NGF) which targets the tyrosine kinase A receptor (TrkA) in an autocrine/paracrine manner...
- Research on the mechanism of Zuogui Pill and Yougui Pill in promoting axonal regeneration in model rats of autoimmune encephalomyelitisLei Wang
School of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, China
Chin J Integr Med 16:167-72. 2010..To study the molecular mechanism of Zuogui Pill (ZGP) and Yougui Pill (YGP) on axonal regeneration in rats with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE)...
- Norepinephrine-induced nerve growth factor depletion causes cardiac sympathetic denervation in severe heart failureKensuke Kimura
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Auton Neurosci 156:27-35. 2010..of circulating norepinephrine (NE) concentration, we investigated the temporal association of nerve growth factor (NGF) expression in the heart and cardiac sympathetic nerve density during the development of CHF in the continuous NE-..
- Bradykinin and nerve growth factor play pivotal roles in muscular mechanical hyperalgesia after exercise (delayed-onset muscle soreness)Shiori Murase
Department of Neuroscience II, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Neurosci 30:3752-61. 2010..B(1) antagonist was ineffective, regardless of the timing of its injection. Upregulation of nerve growth factor (NGF) mRNA and protein occurred in exercised muscle over a comparable time course (12 h to 2 d after LC) for muscle ..
- Nerve growth factor enhances Clara cell proliferation after lung injuryS S Sonar
Dept of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, Biomedical Research Center, Hans Meerweinstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Eur Respir J 36:105-15. 2010..Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been well described in airway inflammation; however, its likely role in lung repair has not been examined thus ..
- Effects of repeated minimal electroshock seizures on NGF, BDNF and FGF-2 protein in the rat brain during postnatal developmentJinsook Kim
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 28:227-32. 2010..different stages of postnatal development and examined basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2), nerve growth factor (NGF), and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) proteins in selected brain regions in which these trophic factors ..
- Expression profiles of BDNF splice variants in cultured DRG neurons stimulated with NGFYoshikazu Matsuoka
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama City 700 8558, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:682-8. 2007..Nerve growth factor (NGF) from inflammatory tissue is thought to induce expression of BDNF...
- Neuronal loss and expression of neurotrophic factors in a model of rat chronic compressive spinal cord injuryKazuma Kasahara
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:2059-66. 2006..An experimental animal study about neuronal loss and the expression of neurotrophic factors in the chronic compressive spinal cords...
- [The expression of NGF after rat diffuse axonal injury]Zong Yun Chen
Department of Forensic Medicine, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241000, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 24:172-4. 2008To study the expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) in diffuse axonal injury (DAI) in rat.
- Nerve growth factor promotes development of glucose-induced insulin secretion in rat neonate pancreatic beta cells by modulating calcium channelsVictor Navarro-Tableros
Departamento de Biofisica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico
Channels (Austin) 1:408-16. 2007..Adult rat beta cells synthesize and secrete nerve growth factor (NGF) and express NGF receptors...
- [Experimental study on the mechanisms of regulating airway neurogenic inflammation in asthma by never growth factor and leukemia inhibitory factor]Jin Qi Zhu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 29:376-80. 2006To study the mechanisms of regulating airway neurogenic inflammation in asthma by never growth factor (NGF) and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), and then to explore new targets in treating asthma.
- Dissecting NGF interactions with TrkA and p75 receptors by structural and functional studies of an anti-NGF neutralizing antibodySonia Covaceuszach
Lay Line Genomics SpA, Via di Castel Romano 100, I 00128 Rome, Italy
J Mol Biol 381:881-96. 2008The anti-nerve growth factor (NGF) monoclonal antibody alphaD11 is a potent antagonist that neutralizes the biological functions of its antigen in vivo...
- S100B increases proliferation in PC12 neuronal cells and reduces their responsiveness to nerve growth factor via Akt activationCataldo Arcuri
Section of Anatomy, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:4402-14. 2005..following: (i) proliferation was higher in S100B+ PC12 cells than in S100B- PC12 cells; (ii) nerve growth factor (NGF), which decreased the proliferation of S100B- PC12 cells, was less effective in the case of S100B+ PC12 cells; (iii)..
- Stress alters vascular-endothelial growth factor expression in rat arteries: role of nerve growth factorLuigi Manni
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Section of Neurobiology, CNR, Roma, Italy
Basic Res Cardiol 100:121-30. 2005The aim of this study was to investigate the role of stress and nerve growth factor (NGF) on the expression of vascular-endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and NGF high-affinity receptor (tyrosine kinase A, TrKA) in the ascending and ..
- Molecular and behavioral changes in nociception in a novel rat model of chronic pancreatitis for the study of painJohn H Winston
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, 4 106 McCullough Building, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston TX 77555 0764, USA
Pain 117:214-22. 2005..and substance P (SP) in the thoracic dorsal root ganglia receiving input from the pancreas and nerve growth factor (NGF) in the pancreas were measured...
- Cardiac NGF and GDNF expression during Trypanosoma cruzi infection in ratsPatrícia Massara Martinelli
Department of Morphology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Auton Neurosci 130:32-40. 2006..work shows the cardiac levels of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF), and their cellular sources during T. cruzi infection in rats...
- Thrombopoietin inhibits nerve growth factor-induced neuronal differentiation and ERK signallingAnatoly Samoylenko
University of Wurzburg, Section of Experimental Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Josef Schneider St 11, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Cell Signal 20:154-62. 2008..Surprisingly, TPO inhibited nerve growth factor (NGF)-induced differentiation of PC12 cells in a dose- and time-dependent manner...
- Aldose reductase inhibitor ONO-2235 restores the alterations of bladder nerve growth factor and neurotrophin receptor p75 genetic expression in streptozotocin induced diabetic ratsYat Ching Tong
Departments of Urology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Urol 178:2203-7. 2007....
- Bone marrow stromal cells produce nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factorsRocio Garcia
International Center for Neurological Restoration, Havana City, Cuba
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:753-4. 2004..The objective of this work was determine whether rat BMSC express NGF and GDNF, in order to study its potential application for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Attenuation of mechanical hyperalgesia following spinal cord injury by administration of antibodies to nerve growth factor in the ratYoung Seob Gwak
Department of Physiology, Brain Research Institute, and BK21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, CPO Box 8044, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 336:117-20. 2003..Since there is evidence that nerve growth factor (NGF) contributes to pain-related behaviors, we wished to determine if anti-NGF might inhibit abnormal somatosensory ..
- NGF and proNGF regulate functionally distinct mRNAs in PC12 cells: an early gene expression profilingMara D'Onofrio
Neurotrophic Factors and Neurodegenerative Diseases Unit, EBRI European Brain Research Institute, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e20839. 2011The biological activities of NGF and of its precursor proNGF are quite distinct, due to different receptor binding profiles, but little is known about how proNGF regulates gene expression...
- Gene expression profiles of neurotrophic factors in rat cultured spinal cord cells under cyclic tensile stressKenzo Uchida
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Medicine, Fukui University Faculty of Medical Sciences, Fukui, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2596-604. 2008..An experimental study to investigate the in vitro gene expression of neurotrophic factors and receptors in cultured rat spinal cord cells subjected to cyclic mechanical stretch forces...
- Glaucoma alters the expression of NGF and NGF receptors in visual cortex and geniculate nucleus of rats: effect of eye NGF applicationValentina Sposato
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Section of Neurobiology, National Research Council CNR, Via del Fosso di Fiorano, 64 65, I 00143 Rome, Italy
Vision Res 49:54-63. 2009We investigated the effect of glaucoma (GL) on nerve growth factor (NGF) presence in two brain visual areas...
- mRNA for NGF and p75 in the central nervous system of rats affected by experimental allergic encephalomyelitisR De Simone
Institute of Neurobiology, CNR, Rome, Italy
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 22:54-9. 1996In this study we measured the concentration of nerve growth factor (NGF) and the expression of NGF and the low affinity NGF-receptor (NGF-r) mRNA in the central nervous system (CNS) of rats affected by experimental allergic ..
- Bone marrow stromal cells control the growth of hepatic stellate cells in vitroLijun Shi
Department of Gastroenterology, the First Affiliated Clinic College of Harbin Medical University, Heilongjiang, China
Dig Dis Sci 53:2969-74. 2008..The effect of BMSCs on the apoptosis of HSCs is possibly via the JNK pathway activated by nerve growth factor (NGF) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) secreted by BMSCs...
- Effects of nicergoline on corneal epithelial wound healing in rat eyesSu Young Kim
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:621-5. 2009..To investigate the effect of nicergoline on corneal epithelial wound healing in rats...
- Nerve sprouting suppresses myocardial I(to) and I(K1) channels and increases severity to ventricular fibrillation in ratChongyu Ren
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, PR China
Auton Neurosci 144:22-9. 2008..nerve sprouting by chronic subcutaneous injection of 4-methylcatechol, a potent stimulator of nerve growth factor (NGF) synthesis. Cardiac sympathetic nerves were visualized by immunohistochemical staining...
- Nerve growth factor induces systemic hyperalgesia after thoracic burn injury in the ratMasashi Ueda
Department of Anesthesiology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamikyo ku, Kyoto, 602 0841, Japan
Neurosci Lett 328:97-100. 2002..The concentration of nerve growth factor (NGF) in the skin of the chest increased markedly during the healing stage...
- Intrathecal NGF administration reduces reactive astrocytosis and changes neurotrophin receptors expression pattern in a rat model of neuropathic painGiovanni Cirillo
Laboratorio di Morfologia delle Reti Neuronali, Dipartimento di Medicina Pubblica Clinica e Preventiva, Seconda Universita di Napoli, 80138, Naples, Italy
Cell Mol Neurobiol 30:51-62. 2010Nerve growth factor (NGF), an essential peptide for sensory neurons, seems to have opposite effects when administered peripherally or directly to the central nervous system. We investigated the effects of 7-days intrathecal (i.t...
- Evolutionary studies of the nerve growth factor family reveal a novel member abundantly expressed in Xenopus ovaryF Hallbook
Department of Medical Chemistry, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuron 6:845-58. 1991Evolutionary conservation of members of the NGF family in vertebrates was studied by DNA sequence analysis of PCR fragments for NGF, BDNF, and NT-3 from human, rat, chicken, viper, Xenopus, salmon, and ray...
- Localization in rats of genetic loci regulating susceptibility to experimental erosive arthritis and related autoimmune diseasesR L Wilder
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transplant Proc 31:1585-8. 1999
- Identification of the mechanisms regulating the differential activation of the mapk cascade by epidermal growth factor and nerve growth factor in PC12 cellsS Kao
Department of Neurosciences and the Alzheimer Research Laboratory, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 276:18169-77. 2001..In contrast, nerve growth factor (NGF) stimulation leads to the sustained activation of the MAPKs and subsequently to neuronal differentiation...
- The p62 scaffold regulates nerve growth factor-induced NF-kappaB activation by influencing TRAF6 polyubiquitinationMarie W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Program in Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Auburn University, Alabama 36849, USA
J Biol Chem 280:35625-9. 2005..These results provide evidence for a mechanism whereby p62 serves to regulate the NF-kappaB pathway...
- Mapping autoimmunity genesM M Griffiths
Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UI, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 11:689-700. 1999..Candidate genes are being identified. Polymorphic alleles associated with these chromosomal segments may represent predisposing genetic elements common to a number of human diseases with very different clinical presentations...
- Identification of a new non-major histocompatibility complex genetic locus on chromosome 2 that controls disease severity in collagen-induced arthritis in ratsP S Gulko
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Arthritis Rheum 41:2122-31. 1998..To identify novel non-major histocompatibility complex (non-MHC) genetic loci controlling the severity of homologous rat type II collagen-induced arthritis (CIA)...
- Regulation of amphiphysin1 by mitogen-activated protein kinase: its significance in nerve growth factor receptor-mediated endocytosisWei Hao Shang
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:40890-6. 2004..Serine phosphorylation of amphiphysin1 was rapidly induced by nerve growth factor (NGF) in PC12 cells, and the induction was blocked by a MAPK inhibitor...
- Nerve growth factor (NGF) down-regulates the Bcl-2 homology 3 (BH3) domain-only protein Bim and suppresses its proapoptotic activity by phosphorylationSubhas C Biswas
Department of Pathology and Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49511-6. 2002..We report here that nerve growth factor (NGF) leads to both a slow down-regulation of Bim expression in neuronal PC12 cells and rapid Bim phosphorylation...
- Plasminogen gene expression is regulated by nerve growth factorA Gutierrez-Fernandez
Division of Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:1715-25. 2007..a requirement for an intact plasminogen (Plg) activation system in neurite outgrowth induced by nerve growth factor (NGF). Objective: In this study we addressed the effect of NGF on Plg synthesis in model NGF-responsive PC-12 cells.
- Src and FAK are key early signalling intermediates required for neurite growth in NGF-responsive adult DRG neuronsBudd A Tucker
Schepens Eye Institute, Harvard University, Boston, MA, United States
Cell Signal 20:241-57. 2008Axonal regeneration is influenced by factors in the extracellular environment, including neurotrophins, such as NGF, and adhesion molecules, such as laminin...
- Differential effects of lentiviral vector-mediated overexpression of nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor on regenerating sensory and motor axons in the transected peripheral nerveMartijn R Tannemaat
Laboratory for Neuroregeneration, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 28:1467-79. 2008..the experiments described here, we examined the effect of LV vector-mediated overexpression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) on regeneration of the rat peripheral nerve in a ..
- Basal forebrain stimulation induces NGF secretion in ipsilateral parietal cortex via nicotinic receptor activation in adult, but not aged ratsHarumi Hotta
Department of the Autonomic Nervous System, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Res 63:122-8. 2009The role of cholinergic basal forebrain inputs to cerebral cortex in regulating regional nerve growth factor (NGF) secretion was examined in adult (4-6 months) and aged (29-31 months) rats...
- Cytokine array after cyclosporine treatment in ratsK B Jin
Dongsan Kidney Institute and Chronic Disease Research Center, Keimyung University, Daegu, Korea
Transplant Proc 40:2682-4. 2008..They are known to be involved in most disease processes, including cancer, cardiac disease, and nephrotoxicity. To evaluate changes of cytokines in a rat model of CsA-induced chronic nephrotoxicity, we performed a cytokine array...
- Changes in NGF and NT-3 protein species in the superior cervical ganglion following axotomy of postganglionic axonsRyan G Walker
Center for Neuroscience and Behavior, Department of Zoology, Miami University Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Brain Res 1255:1-8. 2009..in the superior cervical ganglion (SCG) are regulated by target-derived neurotrophins such as nerve growth factor (NGF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3)...
- Increased phospholipase A2 activity and inflammatory response but decreased nerve growth factor expression in the olfactory bulbectomized rat model of depression: effects of chronic ethyl-eicosapentaenoate treatmentCai Song
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada C1A 4P3
J Neurosci 29:14-22. 2009..mRNA expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) was significantly lower in the hippocampus, and phospholipase A2 (PLA2) was higher in the hypothalamus; this ..
- Interaction of Mint2 with TrkA is involved in regulation of nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowthYong Zhang
Institute of Neuroscience and Key Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Ministry of Education, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
J Biol Chem 284:12469-79. 2009TrkA receptor signaling is essential for nerve growth factor (NGF)-induced survival and differentiation of sensory neurons...
- Neurovascular and Behavorial Response to CystitisDALE EDMOND BJORLING; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- AFFERENT PLASTICITY UNDERLYING URETHRAL AND PELVIC PANaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Lower urinary tract dysfunction in Parkinson's diseaseNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2003..This is a high priority in the urologic care of patients with Parkinson's disease. ..
- REGULATION OF BLADDER NGF BY ESTROGENDale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research will test the hypothesis that the sex hormone estrogen increases nerve growth factor (NGF) release and uptake in the bladder, thereby predisposing to bladder inflammation and accounting for gender-related ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING OF VETERINARY STUDENTS IN WISCONSINDALE EDMOND BJORLING; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is supported by providing them with exposure to, training in, the most current research techniques available to help prepare them to compete at the highest levels for research funding. ..
- Neurovascular and Behavorial Response to CystitisDale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neurophysiology and Biomechanics of Urethra in Stress Urinary IncontinenceNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2007..By defining the detailed urethral pathology of SUI, we can offer the hope of prevention and reversal of this potentially devastating condition. This is recognized as a high priority in the urologic/gynecologic care of SUI patients. ..
- 2006 AUA/SBUR Summer Research Conference "Urothelial Biology & Bladder Cancer"Dale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2006..The focus of the meeting is consistent with the mission of the National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases, especially in the development and future success of new urologic research investigators. ..
- AFFERENT PLASTICITY UNDERLYING URETHRAL AND PELVIC PAINNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2010..Secondly, we will explore the regulatory role of two different neurotrophic factors (NGF and GDNF) in the emergence of C-fiber hyperexcitability involved in LUT pain since these two factors reportedly ..
- Endogenous Cannabinoids and NGF Signaling in Pain Associated with CystitisDALE EDMOND BJORLING; Fiscal Year: 2010..Previous research indicates that inflammatory mediators, particularly nerve growth factor (NGF), released from inflamed tissues play an important role in sensitization of afferent nerves and development of ..
- Bladder Pain Gene Therapy with Pro-opiomelanocortin cDNANaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research project is important to provide a solid basis for potential future clinical application. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING OF VETERINARY STUDENTS IN WISCONSINDale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2005..The support provided by this program will therefore be strongly leveraged to increase the number of highly qualified, highly motivated veterinarians who decide to pursue advanced training in research at the UW and elsewhere. ..
- AFFERENT PLASTICITY UNDERLYING URETHRAL AND PELVIC PAINNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2007..Secondly, we will explore the regulatory role of two different neurotrophic factors (NGF and GDNF) in the emergence of C-fiber hyperexcitability involved in LUT pain since these two factors reportedly ..
- Afferent modulation in bladde dysfunctionNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract not provided ..
- Role of CD14 and TLR4 in Urothelial Response to LPS.Dale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-range goal of this research is to identify strategies to minimize pain and harmful cellular effects associated with cystitis due to LPS-producing gram-negative bacteria. ..
- AFFERENT PLASTICITY UNDERLYING URETHRAL AND PELVIC PAINNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2009..Secondly, we will explore the regulatory role of two different neurotrophic factors (NGF and GDNF) in the emergence of C-fiber hyperexcitability involved in LUT pain since these two factors reportedly ..
- REGULATION OF THICK ASCENDING LIMB ACID-BASE TRANSPORTDavid Good; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, they will be the first to identify a function for NHE1 in transepithelial transport in the kidney and to define a role for this basolateral exchanger in the acute and chronic regulation of HCO3 absorption. ..
- REGULATION OF THICK ASCENDING LIMB ACID-BASE TRANSPORTDavid Good; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results will provide information essential for understanding the role of the thick ascending limb in the physiologic and pathophysiologic control of systemic acid-base balance. ..
- REGULATION OF THICK ASCENDING LIMB ACID-BASE TRANSPORTDavid Good; Fiscal Year: 1993..The results will provide information essential for understanding the role of the thick ascending limb in the physiologic and pathophysiologic control of systemic acid-base balance...
- REGULATION OF THICK ASCENDING LIMB ACID-BASE TRANSPORTDavid Good; Fiscal Year: 1991..The results of these studies should provide important new information regarding the contribution of the thick ascending limb to changes in renal acid excretion associated with a variety of pathological conditions...
- REGULATION OF THICK ASCENDING LIMB ACID-BASE TRANSPORTDAVID WILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of our research is to understand mechanisms by which sepsis impairs the function of renal tubules and to determine how the therapeutic agent monophosphoryl lipid A protects the kidney from sepsis-induced injury. ..