Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nfkb1
Description: nuclear factor kappa B subunit 1
Alias: EBP-1, NF-kB, nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p105 subunit, DNA-binding factor KBF1, nuclear factor of kappa light chain gene enhancer in B-cells 1, p105, nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 1, p105
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Tapia G, Fernandez V, Varela P, Cornejo P, Guerrero J, Videla L. Thyroid hormone-induced oxidative stress triggers nuclear factor-kappaB activation and cytokine gene expression in rat liver. Free Radic Biol Med. 2003;35:257-65 pubmed..It is concluded that T(3)-induced oxidative stress enhances the DNA-binding activity of NF-kappaB and the NF-kappaB-dependent expression of TNF-alpha and IL-10 genes. ..
- Videla L, Tapia G, Varela P, Cornejo P, Guerrero J, Israel Y, et al. Effects of acute gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane intoxication in relation to the redox regulation of nuclear factor-kappaB, cytokine gene expression, and liver injury in the rat. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2004;6:471-80 pubmed
- Hayashi T, Kishiwada M, Fujii K, Yuasa H, Nishioka J, Ido M, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-induced decreased protein S expression in liver cells is mediated by MEK/ERK signaling and NFkappaB activation: involvement of membrane-bound CD14 and toll-like receptor-4. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:1763-73 pubmed..These findings may explain in part the decreased level of plasma PS and thrombotic tendency in sepsis. ..
- Bu H, Rosdahl I, Sun X, Zhang H. Importance of polymorphisms in NF-kappaB1 and NF-kappaBIalpha genes for melanoma risk, clinicopathological features and tumor progression in Swedish melanoma patients. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2007;133:859-66 pubmed..NF-kappaB1 and NF-kappaBIalpha genes might be susceptible genes for melanoma risk and functional polymorphisms of these genes might be biological predictors for melanoma progression. ..
- Yu X, Suo Y, Qi J, Yang Q, Li H, Zhang D, et al. Interaction between AT1 receptor and NF-?B in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus contributes to oxidative stress and sympathoexcitation by modulating neurotransmitters in heart failure. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2013;13:381-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that interaction between AT1 receptor and NF-?B in the PVN contributes to oxidative stress and sympathoexcitation by modulating neurotransmitters in heart failure. ..
- Sinke A, Jayakumar A, Panickar K, Moriyama M, Reddy P, Norenberg M. NFkappaB in the mechanism of ammonia-induced astrocyte swelling in culture. J Neurochem. 2008;106:2302-11 pubmed publisher..NFkappaB activation appears to contribute to the mechanism of ammonia-induced astrocyte swelling, apparently through its up-regulation of iNOS protein expression and the subsequent generation of NO. ..
- Wang L, Li C, Guo H, Kern T, Huang K, Zheng L. Curcumin inhibits neuronal and vascular degeneration in retina after ischemia and reperfusion injury. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23194 pubmed publisher..Curcumin may therefore serve as a promising candidate for retinal ischemic diseases. ..
- Jayakumar A, Tong X, Ruiz Cordero R, Bregy A, Bethea J, Bramlett H, et al. Activation of NF-?B mediates astrocyte swelling and brain edema in traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma. 2014;31:1249-57 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly suggest that activation of astrocytic NF-?B represents a key element in the process by which cytotoxic brain edema occurs after TBI. ..
- Bi Q, Hou J, Qi P, Ma C, Shen Y, Feng R, et al. Venenum Bufonis induces rat neuroinflammation by activiating NF-ÎºB pathway and attenuation of BDNF. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;186:103-110 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that VB triggers neurotoxicity which probably is induced by neuroinflammation via activating of NF-ÎºB pathway and attenuating the expression of BDNF. ..
- Jiang X, Dong S, Liao Y, Liu H. The role of NF-kappa B and I-kappa B in intimal proliferation following balloon catheter-induced injury in the rat carotid artery. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2008;28:33-6 pubmed publisher..To block NF-kappa B activation and its role in arterial restenosis initiation may potentially provide a novel therapeutic tool for the treatment and prevention of arterial restenosis. ..
- Zhang M, Wang A, Xia T, He P. Effects of fluoride on DNA damage, S-phase cell-cycle arrest and the expression of NF-kappaB in primary cultured rat hippocampal neurons. Toxicol Lett. 2008;179:1-5 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that fluoride could induce S-phase cell-cycle arrest, up-regulation of NF-kappaB and DNA damage in primary rat hippocampal neurons. ..
- Lokeshwar V, Gomez P, Kramer M, Knapp J, McCornack M, Lopez L, et al. Epigenetic regulation of HYAL-1 hyaluronidase expression. identification of HYAL-1 promoter. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29215-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, HYAL-1 expression is epigenetically regulated by the binding of different transcription factors to the methylated and unmethylated HYAL-1 promoter. ..
- Limpert A, Carter B. Axonal neuregulin 1 type III activates NF-kappaB in Schwann cells during myelin formation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16614-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data establish NRG1 type III as the activator of NF-kappaB during myelin formation. ..
- Carloni M, Nasuti C, Fedeli D, Montani M, Vadhana M, Amici A, et al. Early life permethrin exposure induces long-term brain changes in Nurr1, NF-kB and Nrf-2. Brain Res. 2013;1515:19-28 pubmed publisher..Moreover the impairment of NF-kB and Nrf-2, important for the balance between pro- and anti-inflammatory systems, confirms that the neonatal permethrin treatment can influence genes involved with the onset of brain-ageing processes. ..
- Liu H, Wang Z, Bai Y, Cai Y, Yu J, Zhang H, et al. Simulated microgravity promotes monocyte adhesion to rat aortic endothelium via nuclear factor-ÎºB activation. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2015;42:510-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, an NF-ÎºB-mediated inflammatory response may be one of the cellular mechanisms responsible for arterial remodelling during exposure to microgravity. ..
- Wang X, Zingarelli B, O Connor M, Zhang P, Adeyemo A, Kranias E, et al. Overexpression of Hsp20 prevents endotoxin-induced myocardial dysfunction and apoptosis via inhibition of NF-kappaB activation. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;47:382-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, the increases in Hsp20 levels can protect against LPS-induced cardiac apoptosis and dysfunction, associated with inhibition of NF-kappaB activity, suggesting that Hsp20 may be a new therapeutic agent for the treatment of sepsis. ..
- Li R, Liang T, He Q, Guo C, Xu L, Zhang K, et al. Puerarin, isolated from Kudzu root (Willd.), attenuates hepatocellular cytotoxicity and regulates the GSK-3?/NF-?B pathway for exerting the hepatoprotection against chronic alcohol-induced liver injury in rats. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;17:71-8 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms underlying the cytoprotective effects of PR are associated with inhibiting immunotoxicity in hepatocytes and regulating the GSK-3?/NF-?B pathway, thereby maintaining metabolic homeostasis in the liver tissue. ..
- Varsha M, Thiagarajan R, Manikandan R, Dhanasekaran G. Vitamin K1 alleviates streptozotocin-induced type 1 diabetes by mitigating free radical stress, as well as inhibiting NF-ÎºB activation and iNOS expression in rat pancreas. Nutrition. 2015;31:214-22 pubmed publisher..This work shows, to our knowledge for the first time, the mechanism of action of vitamin K1 against type 1 diabetes and the possible therapeutic use of this vitamin in stimulating islet cell proliferation/regeneration. ..
- Wang Q, Gao H, Liang Y, Zhang J, Wang J, Qiu J. Cofilin1 is involved in hypertension-induced renal damage via the regulation of NF-ÎºB in renal tubular epithelial cells. J Transl Med. 2015;13:323 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that cofilin1 is involved in hypertensive nephropathy by modulating the nuclear translocation of NF-ÎºB and the expression of its downstream inflammatory factors in renal tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Chen Y, Law P, Loh H. Sustained activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt/nuclear factor kappaB signaling mediates G protein-coupled delta-opioid receptor gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3067-74 pubmed
- Jin X, He S, Yan X, Zhang G, Wan L, Wang J, et al. Variants of neural nitric oxide synthase in the spinal cord of neuropathic rats and their effects on nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) activity in PC12 cells. J Pain. 2009;10:80-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data suggest that nNOSbeta may represent a new therapeutic target for the treatment of chronic neuropathic pain. ..
- Chang M, Jin W, Sun S. Peli1 facilitates TRIF-dependent Toll-like receptor signaling and proinflammatory cytokine production. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:1089-95 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Peli1 is a ubiquitin ligase needed for the transmission of TRIF-dependent TLR signals. ..
- Hao Y, Luo Z, Zhou D, Gao L, Zhang Z, Zeng Z. [Dual role of NF-?B and its target gene iNOS in cerebral ischemic tolerance induced by focal ischemic preconditioning]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010;90:2787-91 pubmed..A down-regulated expression of NF-?B/iNOS is a key event in the molecular mechanism of cerebral ischemic tolerance. And the NF-?B/iNOS pathway might play a dual role in endogenous neuroprotection induced by focal IPC. ..
- Shimizu H, Bolati D, Adijiang A, Adelibieke Y, Muteliefu G, Enomoto A, et al. Indoxyl sulfate downregulates renal expression of Klotho through production of ROS and activation of nuclear factor-?B. Am J Nephrol. 2011;33:319-24 pubmed publisher..Indoxyl sulfate downregulates Klotho expression in kidneys through production of reactive oxygen species and activation of NF-?B in proximal tubular cells. Indoxyl sulfate may be involved in reduced renal expression of Klotho in CKD. ..
- Ding W, Yang L, Zhang M, Gu Y. Chronic inhibition of nuclear factor kappa B attenuates aldosterone/salt-induced renal injury. Life Sci. 2012;90:600-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the NF-?B signal pathway plays a role in the progression of aldosterone/salt-induced renal injury. ..
- Yu W, Dong X, Hu Y, Huang M, Zhang Z. Ginkgolide B reduces neuronal cell apoptosis in the traumatic rat brain: possible involvement of toll-like receptor 4 and nuclear factor kappa B pathway. Phytother Res. 2012;26:1838-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, GB may inhibit TLR-4 and NF-?B-dependent inflammatory responses, and furthermore lessen neuronal cell apoptosis after TBI, which may support the use of GB for the treatment of TBI. ..
- Jang J, Surh Y. Bcl-2 attenuation of oxidative cell death is associated with up-regulation of gamma-glutamylcysteine ligase via constitutive NF-kappaB activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38779-86 pubmed..These results suggest that NF-kappaB plays a role in bcl-2-mediated protection against H(2)O(2)-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells through augmentation of antioxidant capacity. ..
- Nijboer C, Heijnen C, Groenendaal F, May M, van Bel F, Kavelaars A. Strong neuroprotection by inhibition of NF-kappaB after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia involves apoptotic mechanisms but is independent of cytokines. Stroke. 2008;39:2129-37 pubmed publisher..A nonactive mutant peptide did not have any effect. Inhibition of NF-kappaB has strong neuroprotective effects that involve downregulation of apoptotic molecules but are independent of inhibition of cytokine production. ..
- Park S, Ahn E, Han D, Lee J, Min K, Kim H, et al. Pregabalin and gabapentin inhibit substance P-induced NF-kappaB activation in neuroblastoma and glioma cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:414-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a previously undefined role of pregabalin and gabapentin in the regulation of inflammation-related intracellular signaling in both neuronal and glial cells. ..
- Medici D, Nawshad A. Type I collagen promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition through ILK-dependent activation of NF-kappaB and LEF-1. Matrix Biol. 2010;29:161-5 pubmed publisher..These data provide a foundation for understanding the mechanisms by which collagen I stimulates EMT and identify potential therapeutic targets for suppressing this transition in pathological conditions. ..
- Ortis F, Miani M, Colli M, Cunha D, Gurzov E, Allagnat F, et al. Differential usage of NF-?B activating signals by IL-1? and TNF-? in pancreatic beta cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:984-9 pubmed publisher..Both IKK? and activation of the TRAF6-TAK1-JNK pathway are involved in IL-1?-induced IKK? degradation. ..
- Hernandes M, Lima L, Scavone C, Lopes L, Britto L. Eye enucleation activates the transcription nuclear factor kappa-B in the rat superior colliculus. Neurosci Lett. 2012;521:104-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that this transcriptional factor is importantly involved in the visual system short-term processes that ensue after retinal lesions in the adult brain. ..
- Si J, Yang J, Xue L, Yang C, Luo Y, Shi H, et al. Activation of NF-?B in basolateral amygdala is required for memory reconsolidation in auditory fear conditioning. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43973 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NF-?B activity in the BLA is required for memory reconsolidation in AFC, suggesting that NF-?B might be a potential pharmacotherapy target for posttraumatic stress disorder. ..
- Li R, Zhao L, Tong J, Yan Y, Xu C. Fine Particulate Matter and Sulfur Dioxide Coexposures Induce Rat Lung Pathological Injury and Inflammatory Responses Via TLR4/p38/NF-?B Pathway. Int J Toxicol. 2017;36:165-173 pubmed publisher..It provides more useful evidence to understand the possible toxicological mechanism that PM2.5 and SO2 copollution exacerbate lung disease. ..
- Ebert R, Jovanovic M, Ulmer M, Schneider D, Meissner Weigl J, Adamski J, et al. Down-regulation by nuclear factor kappaB of human 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 1alpha-hydroxylase promoter. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2440-50 pubmed..Down-regulation of 1alpha-hydroxylase promoter through NFkappaB signaling may contribute to the pathogenesis of inflammation-associated osteopenia/osteoporosis. ..
- Venkatesha R, Ahamed J, Nuesch C, Zaidi A, Ali H. Platelet-activating factor-induced chemokine gene expression requires NF-kappaB activation and Ca2+/calcineurin signaling pathways. Inhibition by receptor phosphorylation and beta-arrestin recruitment. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44606-12 pubmed..However, receptor phosphorylation and beta-arrestin recruitment inhibit CCL2 production by blocking both NF-kappaB activation and Ca2+/calcineurin-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Aimo L, MacKenzie G, Keenan A, Oteiza P. Gestational zinc deficiency affects the regulation of transcription factors AP-1, NF-?B and NFAT in fetal brain. J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21:1069-75 pubmed publisher..In summary, suboptimal zinc nutrition during gestation could cause long-term effects on brain function, partially through a deregulation of transcription factors AP-1, NF-?B and NFAT. ..
- Tomofuji T, Ekuni D, Azuma T, Irie K, Endo Y, Yamamoto T, et al. Supplementation of broccoli or Bifidobacterium longum-fermented broccoli suppresses serum lipid peroxidation and osteoclast differentiation on alveolar bone surface in rats fed a high-cholesterol diet. Nutr Res. 2012;32:301-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, consumption of broccoli, or its fermented product, inhibited the effects of a high-cholesterol diet on osteoclast differentiation in rat alveolar bone by suppressing serum lipid peroxidation. ..
- Zhang D, Liu J, Tu H, Muelleman R, Cornish K, Li Y. In vivo transfection of manganese superoxide dismutase gene or nuclear factor ?B shRNA in nodose ganglia improves aortic baroreceptor function in heart failure rats. Hypertension. 2014;63:88-95 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that superoxide-NF?B signaling contributes to CHF-induced baroreceptor dysfunction and resultant impairment of baroreflex function. ..
- Gu Y, Zhang Y, Bi Y, Liu J, Tan B, Gong M, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells suppress neuronal apoptosis and decrease IL-10 release via the TLR2/NFÎºB pathway in rats with hypoxic-ischemic brain damage. Mol Brain. 2015;8:65 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that MSC transplantation improves HIBD via the inhibition of the TLR2/NFÎºB pathway. ..
- Gao S, Mo J, Chen L, Wang Y, Mao X, Shi Y, et al. Astrocyte GGTI-mediated Rac1 prenylation upregulates NF-ÎºB expression and promotes neuronal apoptosis following hypoxia/ischemia. Neuropharmacology. 2016;103:44-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that astrocyte GGTI-mediated Rac1 activation contributed to the DND and that GGTI-Rac1-NF-ÎºB signaling may be a potential target for the therapy of ischemic stroke. ..
- Yu Z, Zhou D, Cheng G, Mattson M. Neuroprotective role for the p50 subunit of NF-kappaB in an experimental model of Huntington's disease. J Mol Neurosci. 2000;15:31-44 pubmed..Cultured striatal neurons from p50-/- mice exhibited enhanced oxidative stress, perturbed calcium regulation, and increased cell death following exposure to 3NP, suggesting a direct adverse effect of p50 deficiency in striatal neurons. ..
- Guo G, Bhat N. Hypoxia/reoxygenation differentially modulates NF-kappaB activation and iNOS expression in astrocytes and microglia. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:911-8 pubmed..Lastly, the two cell types displayed differential vulnerabilities to hypoxia-induced cell death, the astrocytes being relatively more resistant than microglia. ..
- Ma C, Yin W, Cai B, Wu J, Wang J, He M, et al. Toll-like receptor 4/nuclear factor-kappa B signaling detected in brain after early subarachnoid hemorrhage. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:1575-81 pubmed..Activation of the TLR4/NF-kappaB signaling may regulate the inflammatory responses after SAH. ..
- Piechota Polanczyk A, Kleniewska P, Goraca A. The influence of ETA and ETB receptor blockers on LPS-induced oxidative stress and NF-?B signaling pathway in heart. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2012;31:271-8 pubmed publisher..NF-?B pathway is not incorporated in ETA-R and ETB-R influence on ROS production. ..
- Takahra T, Smart D, Oakley F, Mann D. Induction of myofibroblast MMP-9 transcription in three-dimensional collagen I gel cultures: regulation by NF-kappaB, AP-1 and Sp1. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:353-63 pubmed..It is concluded that 3D contact of activated HSC with collagen I stimulates MMP-9 expression by elevating NF-kappaB and AP-1 activities which are able to overcome the repressive influence of Sp1/Sp3 on MMP-9 gene transcription. ..
- Satoh A, Gukovskaya A, Reeve J, Shimosegawa T, Pandol S. Ethanol sensitizes NF-kappaB activation in pancreatic acinar cells through effects on protein kinase C-epsilon. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;291:G432-8 pubmed..These results suggest that ethanol enhances the CCK-8-induced NF-kappaB activation at least in part through its effects on PKC-epsilon. ..
- Yang S, Choudhry M, Hsieh Y, Hu S, Rue L, Bland K, et al. Estrus cycle: influence on cardiac function following trauma-hemorrhage. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H2807-15 pubmed..These data collectively suggest that the estrus cycle plays an important role in cardiac function following TH. The salutary effect seen in PE following TH is likely due to a decrease in NF-kappaB-dependent cardiac IL-6 pathway. ..
- Hattori Y, Hattori S, Akimoto K, Nishikimi T, Suzuki K, Matsuoka H, et al. Globular adiponectin activates nuclear factor-kappaB and activating protein-1 and enhances angiotensin II-induced proliferation in cardiac fibroblasts. Diabetes. 2007;56:804-8 pubmed..Thus, rather than having an antihypertrophic effect, gAd might contribute to the activation of myocardium signaling, leading to myocardial hypertrophy. ..
- Mazière C, Trécherel E, Ausseil J, Louandre C, Mazière J. Oxidized low density lipoprotein induces cyclin A synthesis. Involvement of ERK, JNK and NFkappaB. Atherosclerosis. 2011;218:308-13 pubmed publisher..Since cyclin A has been shown to be involved in cell cycle arrest, the described phenomenon might be related to the harmful effect of OxLDL, leading to plaque rupture. ..
- Brenner M, Laragione T, Gulko P. Arthritis severity locus Cia4 is an early regulator of IL-6, IL-1?, and NF-?B activators' expression in pristane-induced arthritis. Physiol Genomics. 2013;45:552-64 pubmed publisher..This gene regulates the expression of cancer genes that could mediate the development of synovial hyperplasia and invasion, and cartilage and bone destruction. ..
- Song J, Lim J, Kim H, Kim K. Role of NF-kappaB and DNA repair protein Ku on apoptosis in pancreatic acinar cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1010:259-63 pubmed..The novel finding is that nuclear translocation of Ku proteins may be mediated by NF-kappaB. ..
- Hasler U, Leroy V, Jeon U, Bouley R, Dimitrov M, Kim J, et al. NF-kappaB modulates aquaporin-2 transcription in renal collecting duct principal cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28095-105 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that NF-kappaB is an important physiological regulator of AQP2 transcription. ..
- Jiang H, Zhu Y, Xu H, Sun Y, Li Q. Activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha via nuclear factor-kappa B in rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:483-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that the activation of HIF-1alpha pathway via NF-kappaB contributes to the development of COPD, and administration of NF-kappaB inhibitor may attenuate the development of COPD. ..
- Shi Y, Liang X, Zhang H, Wu Q, Qu L, Sun Q. Quercetin protects rat dorsal root ganglion neurons against high glucose-induced injury in vitro through Nrf-2/HO-1 activation and NF-?B inhibition. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:1140-8 pubmed publisher..Quercetin protects rat DRG neurons against HG-induced injury in vitro through Nrf-2/HO-1 activation and NF-?B inhibition, thus may be beneficial for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Zhang M, Wang Y, Yang Y. The expression of nuclear factor kappa B in inflammation-induced rat corneal neovascularization. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2006;14:359-65 pubmed..The activated NF-kappa B was up-regulated in the early stage of CNV of rat induced by cauterization, which suggests it may participate in the pathogenesis of wound healing, inflammation, and neovascularization processes in the cornea. ..
- Dossumbekova A, Anghelina M, Madhavan S, He L, Quan N, Knobloch T, et al. Biomechanical signals inhibit IKK activity to attenuate NF-kappaB transcription activity in inflamed chondrocytes. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:3284-96 pubmed..Taken together, these findings provide insight into how biomechanical signals regulate and reduce inflammation, and underscore their potential in enhancing the ability of chondrocytes to curb inflammation in diseased joints. ..
- Liberge M, Manrique C, Bernard Demanze L, Lacour M. Changes in TNF?, NF?B and MnSOD protein in the vestibular nuclei after unilateral vestibular deafferentation. J Neuroinflammation. 2010;7:91 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the upregulation of inflammatory and neuroprotective factors after vestibular deafferentation in the VN may constitute a favorable neuronal environment for the vestibular compensation process. ..
- Li N, Song Y, Zhao W, Han T, Lin S, Ramirez O, et al. Small interfering RNA targeting NF-?B attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in rats. BMC Physiol. 2016;16:7 pubmed publisher..NF-?B siRNA's rapidity and effectiveness to abrogate ALI development may provide an effective therapeutic method with future clinical applications. ..
- Wright C, Zhuang T, La P, Yang G, Dennery P. Hyperoxia-induced NF-kappaB activation occurs via a maturationally sensitive atypical pathway. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;296:L296-306 pubmed publisher..Activation of this pathway in fetal cells may prevent the normal pattern of fibroblast apoptosis necessary for normal lung development, resulting in aberrant lung morphology in vivo. ..
- Geng Y, Fang M, Wang J, Yu H, Hu Z, Yew D, et al. Triptolide down-regulates COX-2 expression and PGE2 release by suppressing the activity of NF-?B and MAP kinases in lipopolysaccharide-treated PC12 cells. Phytother Res. 2012;26:337-43 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the neuroprotective effects of TP may be partially mediated by direct inhibition of the expression of COX-2, activation of NF-?B, and phosphorylation of p38, ERK1/2 (p42/p44) and AKT proteins of neuronal cells. ..
- Zeiffer U, Schober A, Lietz M, Liehn E, Erl W, Emans N, et al. Neointimal smooth muscle cells display a proinflammatory phenotype resulting in increased leukocyte recruitment mediated by P-selectin and chemokines. Circ Res. 2004;94:776-84 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified a NF-kappaB-mediated proinflammatory phenotype of niSMCs that is characterized by increased P-selectin and chemokine expression and thereby effectively supports leukocyte recruitment. ..
- Song Y, Park Y, Yoon S, Kim K, Cho S, Lee W, et al. Black tea polyphenol theaflavin suppresses LPS-induced ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression via blockage of NF-?B and JNK activation in intestinal epithelial cells. Inflamm Res. 2011;60:493-500 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that black tea polyphenol theaflavin suppresses LPS-induced ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expressions through blockage of NF-?B and JNK activation in intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Yu N, Di Q, Liu H, Hu Y, Jiang Y, Yan Y, et al. Nuclear factor-kappa B activity regulates brain expression of P-glycoprotein in the kainic acid-induced seizure rats. Mediators Inflamm. 2011;2011:670613 pubmed publisher..Additionally, DEX pre-treatment only decreased P-gp expression level without inhibition of NF-?B activation, suggesting NF-?B independent pathway may also participate in regulating seizure induced P-gp over-expression. ..
- Kim J, Sohn E, Kim C, Jo K, Kim J. The role of high-mobility group box-1 protein in the development of diabetic nephropathy. Am J Nephrol. 2011;33:524-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that hyperglycemia-induced HMGB1 release may induce the renal injury in diabetic rats, and that the pathogenic role of HMGB1 might be dependent on RAGE and through activation of NF-?B. ..
- Chen Y, Xian P, Yang L, Wang S. MicroRNA-21 Promotes Proliferation of Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes through Mediation of NF-?B Nuclear Translocation in a Rat Model of Collagen-Induced Rheumatoid Arthritis. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:9279078 pubmed publisher..We concluded that upregulated miR-21 in FLS in RA model rats may promote cell proliferation by facilitating NF-?B nuclear translocation, thus affecting the NF-?B pathway. ..
- Michalke M, Cariers A, Schliess F, Haussinger D. Hypoosmolarity influences the activity of transcription factor NF-kappaB in rat H4IIE hepatoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2000;465:64-8 pubmed..Transforming growth factor beta-induced apoptosis was diminished by hypoosmolarity. However, this anti-apoptotic effect was probably not related to NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Glazner G, Camandola S, Mattson M. Nuclear factor-kappaB mediates the cell survival-promoting action of activity-dependent neurotrophic factor peptide-9. J Neurochem. 2000;75:101-8 pubmed..Thus, NF-kappaB mediates the neuron survival-promoting effects of ADNF9 in experimental models relevant to developmental neuronal death and neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Yang R, Strong J, Zhang J. NF-kappaB mediated enhancement of potassium currents by the chemokine CXCL1/growth related oncogene in small diameter rat sensory neurons. Mol Pain. 2009;5:26 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that GRO/KC has important effects in inflammatory processes via its direct actions on sensory neurons, and that activation of NF-kappaB is involved in the GRO/KC-induced enhancement of K currents. ..
- Chen X, Shi X, Zhang X, Lei H, Long S, Su H, et al. Scutellarin attenuates hypertension-induced expression of brain Toll-like receptor 4/nuclear factor kappa B. Mediators Inflamm. 2013;2013:432623 pubmed publisher..Therefore, scutellarin may be a potential therapeutic agent in hypertension-associated diseases. ..
- Liao J, Liao H, Luo X. [Change of nuclear factor-kappaB activity in early burn injury and its significance]. Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2003;15:220-1 pubmed..It may play an important role in systemic inflammatory response syndrome(SIRS) and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome(MODS) after burn injury. ..
- Tugcu V, Ozbek E, Kemahli E, Cekmen M, Caner N, Somay A, et al. Rapid communication: protective effect of a nuclear factor kappaB inhibitor, pyrolidium dithiocarbamate, in the kidney of rats with nephrolithiasis induced by ethylene glycol. J Endourol. 2007;21:1097-106 pubmed..This experiment has shown the role of transcription factors, NF-kappaB, and iNOS in ethylene glycol-induced crystal depositions in renal tubules. ..
- Yang Y, Huang S, Yan X, Wu W. [Relationship between activation of mannan-binding lectin complement and NF-kappaB in diabetic nephropathy]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;42:490-3 pubmed..The expression of MBL was positively correlated with NF-kappaB expression. The activation of mannose-binding lectin complement participates in the onset and development of DN. ..
- Li J, Rao J, Liu Y, Cao Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Q, et al. 15-Lipoxygenase promotes chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary artery inflammation via positive interaction with nuclear factor-?B. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:971-9 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed a novel mechanism underlying hypoxia-induced pulmonary arterial inflammation and suggested new therapeutic strategies targeting 15-LO/15-HETE and nuclear factor-?B in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. ..
- Ceravolo G, Fernandes L, Munhoz C, Fernandes D, Tostes R, Laurindo F, et al. Angiotensin II chronic infusion induces B1 receptor expression in aorta of rats. Hypertension. 2007;50:756-61 pubmed
- Kang Y, Ma Y, Elks C, Zheng J, Yang Z, Francis J. Cross-talk between cytokines and renin-angiotensin in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in heart failure: role of nuclear factor-kappaB. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:671-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NF-kappaB mediates the cross-talk between RAS and PIC in the PVN in HF, and that superoxide stimulates more NF-kappaB in the PVN and contributes to neurohumoral excitation. ..
- Li Y, Li J, Sun L, Chu G, Zhao Y. [Identification of a NFB responsive element within the dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 2 gene promoter]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2014;31:322-6 pubmed publisher..Mutation of the NFB element could significantly decrease the DDAH2 promoter activity. -476 to -469 of the DDAH2 promoter was a NFB responsive element and is important for the transactivation of DDAH2. ..
- Mao H, Wang X, Gao Y, Chang Y, Chen L, Niu Z, et al. Danhong injection attenuates isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy by regulating p38 and NF-Îºb pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;186:20-29 pubmed publisher..01 and p<0.05, respectively). These data demonstrate that DHI might exert anti-cardiac hypertrophic effects by regulating p38 and NF-Îºb pathway. ..
- Ramirez S, Sanchez J, Dimitri C, Gelbard H, Dewhurst S, Maggirwar S. Neurotrophins prevent HIV Tat-induced neuronal apoptosis via a nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB)-dependent mechanism. J Neurochem. 2001;78:874-89 pubmed..These findings suggest that the activation of NF-kappaB by neurotrophic factors may promote survival of neurons exposed to Tat, via regulation of anti-apoptotic genes including Bcl-2. ..
- Mandal M, Borowski C, Palomero T, Ferrando A, Oberdoerffer P, Meng F, et al. The BCL2A1 gene as a pre-T cell receptor-induced regulator of thymocyte survival. J Exp Med. 2005;201:603-14 pubmed..Finally, we suggest that pre-TCR-induced A1 overexpression can contribute to T cell leukemia in both mice and humans. ..
- Ma Y, Zhou L, Yan H, Liu M. Effects of extracts from Paederia scandens (LOUR.) MERRILL (Rubiaceae) on MSU crystal-induced rats gouty arthritis. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:669-83 pubmed
- Knipp B, Ailawadi G, Ford J, Peterson D, Eagleton M, Roelofs K, et al. Increased MMP-9 expression and activity by aortic smooth muscle cells after nitric oxide synthase inhibition is associated with increased nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1 activity. J Surg Res. 2004;116:70-80 pubmed..We speculate that local derangements in iNOS may favor MMP-9-dependent vessel wall damage in vivo via an inflammatory cascade mechanism. ..
- Minami M, Shimizu K, Okamoto Y, Folco E, Ilasaca M, Feinberg M, et al. Prostaglandin E receptor type 4-associated protein interacts directly with NF-kappaB1 and attenuates macrophage activation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9692-703 pubmed publisher..Thus, PGE(2)-EP4 signaling augments NF-kappaB1 p105 protein stability through EPRAP after proinflammatory stimulation, limiting macrophage activation. ..
- de Mos M, Laferriere A, Millecamps M, Pilkington M, Sturkenboom M, Huygen F, et al. Role of NFkappaB in an animal model of complex regional pain syndrome-type I (CRPS-I). J Pain. 2009;10:1161-9 pubmed publisher..Since CPIP animals exhibit many features of human CRPS-I, this observation indicates a potential role for NFkappaB in human CRPS. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang S, Dan Q, Tan Y, Meng B, Huang Y. [Effects of enalapril on NF-kappaB expression in mucus hypersecretion rats induced by acrolein exposure]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010;41:998-1002 pubmed..Enalapril (ACE inhibitor) treatment could effectively decrease pulmonary mucus hypersecretion in acrolein-treated rats, which may be related to the downregulation of NF-kappaB expression. ..
- Samuel I, Zaheer S, Nelson J, Yorek M, Zaheer A. CCK-A receptor induction and P38 and NF-kappaB activation in acute pancreatitis. Pancreatology. 2004;4:49-56 pubmed..These findings may have significance in the mechanism of disease pathogenesis in this experimental model. ..
- Yao P, Zhan Y, Xu W, Li C, Yue P, Xu C, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor-induced proliferation of hepatic stem-like cells depends on activation of NF-kappaB. J Hepatol. 2004;40:391-8 pubmed..NF-kappaB activity is required for HGF-induced proliferation in hepatic stem-like cell line WB-F344, and this activity requires ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK pathways. ..