Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ncstn
- Mammalian APH-1 interacts with presenilin and nicastrin and is required for intramembrane proteolysis of amyloid-beta precursor protein and NotchSheu Fen Lee
Center for Basic Neuroscience and Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9111, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45013-9. 2002..These data indicate that mAPH-1 is probably a functional component of the gamma-secretase complex required for the intramembrane proteolysis of APP and Notch...
- Nicastrin, presenilin, APH-1, and PEN-2 form active gamma-secretase complexes in mitochondriaCamilla A Hansson
Karolinska Institutet and Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals Alzheimer Center KASPAC, Neurotec, Novum, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:51654-60. 2004..This novel localization of NCT, PS1, APH-1, and PEN-2 expands the role and importance of gamma-secretase activity to mitochondria...
- Presenilin-1, nicastrin, amyloid precursor protein, and gamma-secretase activity are co-localized in the lysosomal membraneStephen H Pasternak
Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:26687-94. 2003..These data reassert the importance of the lysosomal/endosomal system in the generation of Abeta and suggest a role for lysosomes in the pathophysiology of AD...
- Down-regulation of the ATP-binding cassette transporter 2 (Abca2) reduces amyloid-β production by altering Nicastrin maturation and intracellular localizationVasiliki Michaki
Center for Human Genetics and Leuven Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, KU Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 287:1100-11. 2012..Reduced Abca2 levels in mammalian cells in vitro, in Drosophila melanogaster and in mice resulted in altered γ-secretase processing of APP, and thus Aβ generation, without affecting Notch cleavage...
- Proteomic and metabolomic analyses of mitochondrial complex I-deficient mouse model generated by spontaneous B2 short interspersed nuclear element (SINE) insertion into NADH dehydrogenase (ubiquinone) Fe-S protein 4 (Ndufs4) geneDillon W Leong
Molecular Medicine Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 287:20652-63. 2012..Metabolomic analysis of the blood by tandem mass spectrometry showed increased hydroxyacylcarnitine species, implying that the CI defect leads to an imbalanced NADH/NAD(+) ratio that inhibits mitochondrial fatty acid β-oxidation...
- Rat nicastrin gene: cDNA isolation, mRNA variants and expression pattern analysisAnnamaria Confaloni
Department of Cellular Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 299 Viale Regina Elena, 00161 Rome, Italy
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 136:12-22. 2005....
- Cellular distribution of gamma-secretase subunit nicastrin in the developing and adult rat brainsA Kodam
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 29:724-38. 2008....
- Cell and molecular biology of NotchUlla Maj Fiuza
Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EH, UK
J Endocrinol 194:459-74. 2007..In this review, we will describe the multiple roles of Notch and how various factors can regulate Notch signalling...
- Association of gamma-secretase with lipid rafts in post-Golgi and endosome membranesKulandaivelu S Vetrivel
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44945-54. 2004..These findings are consistent with the localization of gamma-secretase in lipid raft microdomains of post-Golgi and endosomes, organelles previously implicated in amyloidogenic processing of APP...
- Normal distribution of presenilin-1 and nicastrin in skeletal muscle and the differential responses of these proteins after denervationKunihiro Sakuma
Health Science Center, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1 1, Hibarigaoka, Tenpaku cho, Toyohashi 441 8580, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1760:980-7. 2006..These data suggest that enhanced presenilin-1 protein may play a role in the degeneration and regeneration of skeletal muscle...