Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ncoa3
Description: nuclear receptor coactivator 3
Alias: Aib1, Tram-1, nuclear receptor coactivator 3, AIB-1, NCoA-3, amplified in breast cancer-1 protein homolog, thyroid hormone receptor activator molecule 1
- Hsiao P, Fryer C, Trotter K, Wang W, Archer T. BAF60a mediates critical interactions between nuclear receptors and the BRG1 chromatin-remodeling complex for transactivation. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6210-20 pubmed..Thus, in addition to previously identified BAF250, BAF60a may provide another critical and direct link between nuclear receptors and the BRG1 complex that is required for promoter recruitment and subsequent chromatin remodeling. ..
- Chmelar R, Buchanan G, Need E, Tilley W, Greenberg N. Androgen receptor coregulators and their involvement in the development and progression of prostate cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:719-33 pubmed
- Hudelist G, Czerwenka K, Kubista E, Marton E, Pischinger K, Singer C. Expression of sex steroid receptors and their co-factors in normal and malignant breast tissue: AIB1 is a carcinoma-specific co-activator. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003;78:193-204 pubmed..intermediary factor 2 (TIF 2), protein 300 kDa/CREB binding protein (p300/CBP), amplified in breast cancer 1 (AIB1)), and of the co-repressor nuclear receptor co-repressor (NCoR), in malignant breast tissues and in matching normal ..
- Jenkins B, Pullen C, Darimont B. Novel glucocorticoid receptor coactivator effector mechanisms. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2001;12:122-6 pubmed..The emerging picture shows coactivators as flexible, but precise, coordinators of complex and dynamic networks, in which transcriptional regulation by GR and other NRs is linked to other signaling pathways. ..
- StÃ¶rchel P, ThÃ¼mmler J, Siegel G, Aksoy Aksel A, Zampa F, Sumer S, et al. A large-scale functional screen identifies Nova1 and Ncoa3 as regulators of neuronal miRNA function. EMBO J. 2015;34:2237-54 pubmed publisher..In a large-scale functional screen, we identified two novel regulators of neuronal miRNA function, Nova1 and Ncoa3. Both proteins are expressed in the nucleus and the cytoplasm of developing hippocampal neurons...
- Wang X, Herzog B, Waltner Law M, Hall R, Shiota M, Granner D. The synergistic effect of dexamethasone and all-trans-retinoic acid on hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expression involves the coactivator p300. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34191-200 pubmed..The functional importance of p300 in the Dex/RA response is illustrated by the observation that selective reduction of this coactivator, but not that of CREB-binding protein, abolishes the synergistic effect in H4IIE cells. ..
- Demarest S, Martinez Yamout M, Chung J, Chen H, Xu W, Dyson H, et al. Mutual synergistic folding in recruitment of CBP/p300 by p160 nuclear receptor coactivators. Nature. 2002;415:549-53 pubmed..Our study uncovers a unique mechanism, called 'synergistic folding', through which p160 coactivators recruit CBP/p300 to allow transmission of the hormonal signal to the transcriptional machinery. ..
- Grenier J, Trousson A, Chauchereau A, Cartaud J, Schumacher M, Massaad C. Differential recruitment of p160 coactivators by glucocorticoid receptor between Schwann cells and astrocytes. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:254-67 pubmed..Altogether, these results highlight the cell specificity and the time dependence of p160s recruitment by the activated GR in glial cells, revealing the complexity of GR-p160 assembly in the nervous system. ..
- Oda Y, Ishikawa M, Hawker N, Yun Q, Bikle D. Differential role of two VDR coactivators, DRIP205 and SRC-3, in keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;103:776-80 pubmed..These results support the concept that the selective use of coactivators by VDR underlies the selective regulation of gene expression in keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Xu J, Liao L, Ning G, Yoshida Komiya H, Deng C, O Malley B. The steroid receptor coactivator SRC-3 (p/CIP/RAC3/AIB1/ACTR/TRAM-1) is required for normal growth, puberty, female reproductive function, and mammary gland development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:6379-84 pubmed..These results suggest that the physiological role of SRC-3 is different from that of SRC-1 and prove the diversity among coactivator family members. ..
- Peng J, Zhu J, Mi M, Li F, Cai L, Dong J, et al. Prepubertal genistein exposure affects erbB2/Akt signal and reduces rat mammary tumorigenesis. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2010;19:110-9 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of erbB2 and amplified in breast cancer 1 (AIB1) was detected by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction...
- Nicolaides N, Galata Z, Kino T, Chrousos G, Charmandari E. The human glucocorticoid receptor: molecular basis of biologic function. Steroids. 2010;75:1-12 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the basic aspects of the structure and actions of the human (h) GR, and the molecular basis of its biologic functions. ..
- Hall J, McDonnell D. Coregulators in nuclear estrogen receptor action: from concept to therapeutic targeting. Mol Interv. 2005;5:343-57 pubmed..This review also describes current efforts aimed at developing pharmaceutical agents that target ER-cofactor interactions as therapeutics for estrogen-associated pathologies. ..
- Fan M, Long X, Bailey J, Reed C, Osborne E, Gize E, et al. The activating enzyme of NEDD8 inhibits steroid receptor function. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:315-30 pubmed..Understanding the mechanisms controlling hormone responsiveness of target tissues, such as the uterus and mammary gland, may lead to novel insights of therapeutic intervention. ..
- Sun Y, Perera J, Rubin B, Huang J. SYT-SSX1 (synovial sarcoma translocated) regulates PIASy ligase activity to cause overexpression of NCOA3 protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18623-32 pubmed publisher..Here we show that SYT-SSX1 leads to up-regulation of NCOA3, a protein critical for the formation of various cancers...
- Girault I, Bieche I, Lidereau R. Role of estrogen receptor alpha transcriptional coregulators in tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer. Maturitas. 2006;54:342-51 pubmed..Many altered pathways may account for tamoxifen resistance which may be best studied by multigene approaches. ..
- Trousson A, Grenier J, Fonte C, Massaad Massade L, Schumacher M, Massaad C. Recruitment of the p160 coactivators by the glucocorticoid receptor: dependence on the promoter context and cell type but not hypoxic conditions. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;104:305-11 pubmed..Altogether, these results reveal that the p160s are not interchangeable and that their recruitment by the GR is a multiparametric event. ..
- Story G, DiCarlo S, Rodenbaugh D, Dluzen D, Kucera J, Maron M, et al. Inactivation of one copy of the mouse neurotrophin-3 gene induces cardiac sympathetic deficits. Physiol Genomics. 2000;2:129-36 pubmed..Thus deletion of one copy of the NT3 gene translates into anatomical, biochemical, and functional deficits in cardiac sympathetic innervation of postnatal mice, thereby indicating a gene-dosage effect for the NT3 gene...
- Igarashi Migitaka J, Takeshita A, Koibuchi N, Yamada S, Ohtani Kaneko R, Hirata K. Differential expression of p160 steroid receptor coactivators in the rat testis and epididymis. Eur J Endocrinol. 2005;153:595-604 pubmed..Such coactivators include three members of the 160 kDa proteins (p160s): SRC-1, TIF2/GRIP1, and p/CIP/RAC3/ACTR/AIB1/TRAM-1...
- Laganiere J, Deblois G, Giguere V. Functional genomics identifies a mechanism for estrogen activation of the retinoic acid receptor alpha1 gene in breast cancer cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1584-92 pubmed
- Nephew K, Ray S, Hlaing M, Ahluwalia A, Wu S, Long X, et al. Expression of estrogen receptor coactivators in the rat uterus. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:361-7 pubmed..Furthermore, we speculate that higher constitutive levels of coactivator expression in glandular and luminal epithelial cells may be associated with increased hormonal responsiveness by these uterine compartments. ..
- Percharde M, Lavial F, Ng J, Kumar V, Tomaz R, Martin N, et al. Ncoa3 functions as an essential Esrrb coactivator to sustain embryonic stem cell self-renewal and reprogramming. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2286-98 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Ncoa3, an essential coactivator, is required to mediate Esrrb function in ESCs...
- O Brien T, Liu J, Sylvester J, Mougey E, Fischel Ghodsian N, Thiede B, et al. Mammalian mitochondrial ribosomal proteins (4). Amino acid sequencing, characterization, and identification of corresponding gene sequences. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18153-9 pubmed..In one case, the corresponding human genomic DNA sequences were found in the data bases, and the exon/intron structure was determined. ..
- Uranishi K, Akagi T, Koide H, Yokota T. Esrrb directly binds to Gata6 promoter and regulates its expression with Dax1 and Ncoa3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:1720-5 pubmed publisher..In addition, the transcriptional activity of Esrrb was enhanced by nuclear receptor co-activator 3 (Ncoa3), which has recently been shown to be a binding partner of Esrrb...
- Hawker N, Pennypacker S, Chang S, Bikle D. Regulation of human epidermal keratinocyte differentiation by the vitamin D receptor and its coactivators DRIP205, SRC2, and SRC3. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:874-80 pubmed..Additionally, each individual differentiation marker that was assayed has a different specificity for the coactivators that regulate its expression. ..
- Wasserman L, Flatt S, Natarajan L, Laughlin G, Matusalem M, Faerber S, et al. Correlates of obesity in postmenopausal women with breast cancer: comparison of genetic, demographic, disease-related, life history and dietary factors. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004;28:49-56 pubmed..The progesterone receptor (PR) and the steroid hormone receptor coactivator pCIP/ACTR/AIB1/TRAM1/RAC3 (AIB1) are hypothesized to mediate signaling crosstalk between these hormonal pathways...
- Bhat M, Noolu B, Qadri S, Ismail A. Vitamin D deficiency decreases adiposity in rats and causes altered expression of uncoupling proteins and steroid receptor coactivator3. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2014;144 Pt B:304-12 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, most of the changes observed in vitamin D deficient rats were corrected by calcium supplementation alone. Our data demonstrates that dietary vitamin D and calcium regulate adipose tissue function and metabolism. ..