Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Napa
Description: NSF attachment protein alpha
Alias: alpha-SNAP, alpha-soluble NSF attachment protein, N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion protein attachment protein alpha, N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein, alpha, SNAP-alpha
- Hong H, Chakravarti A, Takahashi J. The gene for soluble N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor attachment protein alpha is mutated in hydrocephaly with hop gait (hyh) mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:1748-53 pubmed..The hyh mutant provides a valuable in vivo model to study vesicle/membrane trafficking and provides insight into the potential roles of alpha-SNAP in embryogenesis and brain development. ..
- Chae T, Kim S, Marz K, Hanson P, Walsh C. The hyh mutation uncovers roles for alpha Snap in apical protein localization and control of neural cell fate. Nat Genet. 2004;36:264-70 pubmed..mutation in the gene Napa encoding soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) attachment protein alpha (alpha Snap), involved in SNAP receptor (SNARE)-mediated vesicle fusion in many cellular contexts...
- Martin H, Henley J, Meyer G. Novel putative targets of N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion protein (NSF) and alpha/beta soluble NSF attachment proteins (SNAPs) include the Pak-binding nucleotide exchange factor betaPIX. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:1203-15 pubmed..In summary, our results support the evolving view that NSF has numerous targets in addition to conventional SNARE complexes. ..
- Vivona S, Cipriano D, O Leary S, Li Y, Fenn T, Brunger A. Disassembly of all SNARE complexes by N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) is initiated by a conserved 1:1 interaction between ?-soluble NSF attachment protein (SNAP) and SNARE complex. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24984-91 pubmed publisher..Subsequent additional ?-SNAP binding events may occur as part of a processive disassembly mechanism. ..
- Chen D, Li L, Yan J, Yang X, You Y, Zhou Y, et al. The loss of Î±SNAP downregulates the expression of occludin in the intestinal epithelial cell of acute pancreatitis model. Pancreatology. 2014;14:347-55 pubmed publisher..Hence, the permeability of the intestinal barrier may be increased in a severe acute pancreatitis model. ..
- Jimenez A, Tome M, Paez P, Wagner C, Rodriguez S, Fernández Llebrez P, et al. A programmed ependymal denudation precedes congenital hydrocephalus in the hyh mutant mouse. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2001;60:1105-19 pubmed..The defect in these embryos also includes loss of the hindbrain floor plate and a delayed in the expression of Reissner fiber glycoproteins by the subcommissural organ. ..
- Xi Z, Deng W, Wang L, Xiao F, Li J, Wang Z, et al. Association of Alpha-Soluble NSF Attachment Protein with Epileptic Seizure. J Mol Neurosci. 2015;57:417-25 pubmed publisher..In addition, Î±SNAP expression was silenced by lentivirus pLKD-CMV-GFP-U6-NAPA (primer: GGAAGCATGCGAGATCTATGC) in animals...