Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: N cadherin
Description: cadherin 2
Alias: N-cadherin, cadherin-2, cadherin 2, type 1, N-cadherin (neuronal), neural cadherin
Products: N cadherin
- Glynn P, Musa H, Wu X, Unudurthi S, Little S, Qian L, et al. Voltage-Gated Sodium Channel Phosphorylation at Ser571 Regulates Late Current, Arrhythmia, and Cardiac Function In Vivo. Circulation. 2015;132:567-77 pubmed publisher..Relevant for improved rational design of potential therapies, our findings demonstrate that Ser571-dependent regulation of Nav1.5 specifically tunes INa,L without altering critical physiological components of the current. ..
- Di Domenico M, Pierantoni G, Feola A, Esposito F, Laino L, De Rosa A, et al. Prognostic significance of N-Cadherin expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4211-8 pubmed..Our work has underlined the key-role of N-Cadherin in oral carcinogenesis and in the prognostic stratification of patients. ..
- Bayarsaikhan M, Takino T, Gantulga D, Sato H, Ito T, Yoshioka K. Regulation of N-cadherin-based cell-cell interaction by JSAP1 scaffold in PC12h cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:357-62 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that JSAP1 regulates cell-cell interactions in PC12h cells specifically in the NGF-induced signaling pathway, and does so by modulating N-cadherin. ..
- Dunah A, Hueske E, Wyszynski M, Hoogenraad C, Jaworski J, Pak D, et al. LAR receptor protein tyrosine phosphatases in the development and maintenance of excitatory synapses. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:458-67 pubmed..We propose that the cadherin-beta-catenin complex is cotransported with AMPA receptors to synapses and dendritic spines by a mechanism that involves binding of liprin-alpha to LAR-RPTP and tyrosine dephosphorylation by LAR-RPTP. ..
- Zuo T, Qin J, Chen J, Shi Z, Liu M, Gao X, et al. Involvement of N-cadherin in the protective effect of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor on dopaminergic neuron damage. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:561-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, GDNF activates the PI3K/Akt pathway via N-cadherin to protect DAs. ..
- Sato M, Jiao Q, Honda T, Kurotani R, Toyota E, Okumura S, et al. Activator of G protein signaling 8 (AGS8) is required for hypoxia-induced apoptosis of cardiomyocytes: role of G betagamma and connexin 43 (CX43). J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31431-40 pubmed publisher..Under hypoxic stress, this unrecognized response program plays a critical role in the fate of NCM. ..
- Kwon Y, Gupta A, Zhou Y, Nikolic M, Tsai L. Regulation of N-cadherin-mediated adhesion by the p35-Cdk5 kinase. Curr Biol. 2000;10:363-72 pubmed
- Frånberg J, Karlstrom H, Winblad B, Tjernberg L, Frykman S. gamma-Secretase dependent production of intracellular domains is reduced in adult compared to embryonic rat brain membranes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9772 pubmed publisher..In addition, the present approach may be useful for evaluating the specificity of gamma-secretase inhibitors. ..
- Turkowski K, Tester D, Bos J, Haugaa K, Ackerman M. Whole exome sequencing with genomic triangulation implicates CDH2-encoded N-cadherin as a novel pathogenic substrate for arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy. Congenit Heart Dis. 2017;12:226-235 pubmed publisher..Herein, it is demonstrated that genetic mutations in CDH2-encoded N-cadherin may represent a novel pathogenetic basis for ACM in humans. The prevalence of CDH2-mediated ACM in heretofore genetically elusive ACM remains to be determined. ..
- Chung S, Mo M, Silvestrini B, Lee W, Cheng C. Rat testicular N-cadherin: its complementary deoxyribonucleic acid cloning and regulation. Endocrinology. 1998;139:1853-62 pubmed
- Corell M, Wicher G, Limbach C, Kilimann M, Colman D, Fex Svenningsen A. Spatiotemporal distribution and function of N-cadherin in postnatal Schwann cells: A matter of adhesion?. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2338-49 pubmed publisher..It may form adherents/junctions between nonmyelinating glia, which contribute to the stable tubular structure encapsulating thin caliber axons and thus stabilize the nerve structure as a whole. ..
- Besco J, Hooft van Huijsduijnen R, Frostholm A, Rotter A. Intracellular substrates of brain-enriched receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase rho (RPTPrho/PTPRT). Brain Res. 2006;1116:50-7 pubmed
- Akintola A, Crislip Z, Catania J, Chen G, Zimmer W, Burghardt R, et al. Promoter methylation is associated with the age-dependent loss of N-cadherin in the rat kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F170-6 pubmed
- Santolim L, Amaral M, Fachi J, Mendes M, Oliveira C. Vitamin E and caloric restriction promote hepatic homeostasis through expression of connexin 26, N-cad, E-cad and cholesterol metabolism genes. J Nutr Biochem. 2017;39:86-92 pubmed publisher..Finally, vitamin E, with or without CR, increased Cx26, probably modulated by expression of the Hmgcr and LDLr genes. This suggests important relationship of Cxs and cholesterol metabolism genes. ..
- Sharma P, Abbasi C, Lazic S, Teng A, Wang D, Dubois N, et al. Evolutionarily conserved intercalated disc protein Tmem65 regulates cardiac conduction and connexin 43 function. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8391 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the membrane protein Tmem65 is an intercalated disc protein that interacts with and functionally regulates ventricular Cx43. ..
- Lim Y, Lee H, Lee H. Switch of cadherin expression from E- to N-type during the activation of rat hepatic stellate cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:149-60 pubmed..These results suggest that HSC activation represents transdifferentiation from an epithelial to a mesenchymal phenotype. ..
- Zhang J, Elzey B, Williams G, Lu S, Law D, Horowits R. Ultrastructural and biochemical localization of N-RAP at the interface between myofibrils and intercalated disks in the mouse heart. Biochemistry. 2001;40:14898-906 pubmed..These results demonstrate that N-RAP remains tightly bound to myofibrils and fasciae adherentes during biochemical purification and may be a key constituent in the mechanical link between these two structures. ..
- Nameta M, Yaoita E, Kato N, Zhao L, Zhang Y, Fujinaka H, et al. Mesangial cells connected by the N-cadherin-catenin system in the rat kidney. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2009;112:e92-8 pubmed publisher..N-cadherin interconnects mesangial cells, suggesting that the cadherin-catenin-actin filament system in the mesangium may play a role in the counteraction of the hydraulic pressure gradient across the capillary wall. ..
- Bamji S, Rico B, Kimes N, Reichardt L. BDNF mobilizes synaptic vesicles and enhances synapse formation by disrupting cadherin-beta-catenin interactions. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:289-99 pubmed..Together, this data demonstrates that the disruption of cadherin-beta-catenin complexes is an important molecular event through which BDNF increases synapse density in cultured hippocampal neurons. ..
- Chen Y, Lee N, Mruk D, Lee W, Cheng C. Fer kinase/FerT and adherens junction dynamics in the testis: an in vitro and in vivo study. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:656-72 pubmed..In summary, Fer kinase structurally associates with the N-cadherin/catenin protein complex in the testis and can possibly be used to mediate signaling function via the cadherin/catenin protein complex. ..
- Sinn H, Balsamo J, Lilien J, Lin J. Localization of the novel Xin protein to the adherens junction complex in cardiac and skeletal muscle during development. Dev Dyn. 2002;225:1-13 pubmed..Furthermore, temporal and spatial expressions of Xin in relation to intercalated disc proteins and thin filament proteins suggest roles for Xin in the formation of cell-cell contacts and possibly in myofibrillogenesis. ..
- Gärtner A, Fornasiero E, Munck S, Vennekens K, Seuntjens E, Huttner W, et al. N-cadherin specifies first asymmetry in developing neurons. EMBO J. 2012;31:1893-903 pubmed publisher..These results show that polarization of N-cadherin in the immediate post-mitotic stage is an early and crucial mechanism in neuronal polarity...
- Hertig C, Butz S, Koch S, Eppenberger Eberhardt M, Kemler R, Eppenberger H. N-cadherin in adult rat cardiomyocytes in culture. II. Spatio-temporal appearance of proteins involved in cell-cell contact and communication. Formation of two distinct N-cadherin/catenin complexes. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 1):11-20 pubmed
- Matsunami H, Miyatani S, Inoue T, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Cell binding specificity of mouse R-cadherin and chromosomal mapping of the gene. J Cell Sci. 1993;106 ( Pt 1):401-9 pubmed..Thus, the cell binding specificity of R-cadherin is entirely conserved between the two species, suggesting a conserved role for this protein in morphogenesis. We also located the mouse R-cadherin gene to chromosome 2. ..
- Derycke L, Morbidelli L, Ziche M, De Wever O, Bracke M, Van Aken E. Soluble N-cadherin fragment promotes angiogenesis. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2006;23:187-201 pubmed..Our results suggest that soluble N-cadherin stimulates migration of endothelial cells through the FGF-receptor. ..
- Guo H, Lee I, Kamar M, Pierce M. N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase V expression levels regulate cadherin-associated homotypic cell-cell adhesion and intracellular signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52412-24 pubmed..Aberrant N-linked beta(1,6) branching that occurs during oncogenesis can, therefore, lessen cell-cell adhesion, contributing to increased cellular motility and invasiveness. ..
- El Sayegh T, Arora P, Laschinger C, Lee W, Morrison C, Overall C, et al. Cortactin associates with N-cadherin adhesions and mediates intercellular adhesion strengthening in fibroblasts. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5117-31 pubmed..Thus cortactin, and phosphorylation of its tyrosine residues, are important for N-cadherin-mediated intercellular adhesion strength. ..
- Simonneau L, Gallego M, Pujol R. Comparative expression patterns of T-, N-, E-cadherins, beta-catenin, and polysialic acid neural cell adhesion molecule in rat cochlea during development: implications for the nature of Kölliker's organ. J Comp Neurol. 2003;459:113-26 pubmed..CAMs) during rat cochlea ontogeny, from embryo day 16 to adulthood, with the use of immunohistochemistry: neural cadherin (N-cad) and polysialic acid neural CAM (PSA-NCAM) as two different neural CAM paradigms; epithelial cadherin (..
- Nygren M, Døsen Dahl G, Stubberud H, Walchli S, Munthe E, Rian E. beta-catenin is involved in N-cadherin-dependent adhesion, but not in canonical Wnt signaling in E2A-PBX1-positive B acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:225-33 pubmed publisher..Instead, beta-catenin is involved in N-cadherin-dependent adherence junctions, suggesting for the first time that leukemia-stroma interactions may be mediated via an N-cadherin-dependent mechanism. ..
- Hu L, Kontrogianni Konstantopoulos A. The kinase domains of obscurin interact with intercellular adhesion proteins. FASEB J. 2013;27:2001-12 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies demonstrate that the obscurin kinase domains are enzymatically active and may be involved in the regulation of cell adhesion. ..
- Porlan E, Martí Prado B, Morante Redolat J, Consiglio A, Delgado A, Kypta R, et al. MT5-MMP regulates adult neural stem cell functional quiescence through the cleavage of N-cadherin. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:629-38 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the proliferative status of stem cells can be dynamically modulated by regulated cleavage of cell adhesion molecules. ..
- Manning J, Colussi P, Koblar S, Kumar S. Nedd1 expression as a marker of dynamic centrosomal localization during mouse embryonic development. Histochem Cell Biol. 2008;129:751-64 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the localization of Nedd1 and the centrosome during important processes in mouse embryogenesis and provides a basis for further study into its role in development. ..
- Gorski J, Gomez L, Scott J, Dell Acqua M. Association of an A-kinase-anchoring protein signaling scaffold with cadherin adhesion molecules in neurons and epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3574-90 pubmed..This neuronal regulation of AKAP79/150 targeting to cadherins may be important in functional and structural synaptic modifications underlying plasticity. ..
- Luo Y, Radice G. N-cadherin acts upstream of VE-cadherin in controlling vascular morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:29-34 pubmed..These findings provide a novel paradigm by which N-cadherin regulates angiogenesis, in part, by controlling VE-cadherin expression at the cell membrane. ..
- Lin H, Huang Y, Wang Y, Jia J. Spatiotemporal profile of N-cadherin expression in the mossy fiber sprouting and synaptic plasticity following seizures. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;358:201-5 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that N-cadherin may be involved in the pathfinding and synaptic specificity of MFS in mature brain after seizures, and can play an important role in the targeted growth of mossy fibers. ..
- Sun Z, Li M, Li Z, Hill M, Meininger G. N-Cadherin, a novel and rapidly remodelling site involved in vasoregulation of small cerebral arteries. J Physiol. 2017;595:1987-2000 pubmed publisher..These observations provide compelling evidence that N-cadherin AJs are sensitive to pressure and vasomotor agonists in VSMCs and support a functional role of N-cadherin AJs in vasomotor regulation. ..
- BEKIROV I, Nagy V, Svoronos A, Huntley G, Benson D. Cadherin-8 and N-cadherin differentially regulate pre- and postsynaptic development of the hippocampal mossy fiber pathway. Hippocampus. 2008;18:349-63 pubmed
- Lee N, Mruk D, Lee W, Cheng C. Is the cadherin/catenin complex a functional unit of cell-cell actin-based adherens junctions in the rat testis?. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:489-508 pubmed..These results thus unequivocally demonstrate that the cadherin/catenin complex, which can be up-regulated by testosterone, is indeed present between Sertoli and germ cells and is used for the assembly of functional AJs. ..
- Valderrama F, Thevapala S, Ridley A. Radixin regulates cell migration and cell-cell adhesion through Rac1. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3310-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that radixin plays an important role in promoting cell migration by regulating Rac1-mediated epithelial polarity and formation of adherens junctions through Vav GEFs. ..
- Wang S, Celic I, Choi S, Riccomagno M, Wang Q, Sun L, et al. Dlg5 regulates dendritic spine formation and synaptogenesis by controlling subcellular N-cadherin localization. J Neurosci. 2014;34:12745-61 pubmed publisher..DLG5 regulates synaptogenesis by enhancing the cell surface localization of N-cadherin, revealing a key molecular mechanism for regulating the subcellular localization of this cell adhesion molecule during synaptogenesis. ..
- Mayosi B, Fish M, Shaboodien G, Mastantuono E, Kraus S, Wieland T, et al. Identification of Cadherin 2 (CDH2) Mutations in Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..High-resolution melting analysis followed by Sanger sequencing was used to screen for mutations in cadherin 2 (CDH2) gene in unrelated genotype-negative patients with ARVC...
- Vendome J, Posy S, Jin X, Bahna F, Ahlsen G, Shapiro L, et al. Molecular design principles underlying ?-strand swapping in the adhesive dimerization of cadherins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:693-700 pubmed publisher..We use these findings to design site-directed mutations that transform a monomeric EC2-EC3 domain cadherin construct into a strand-swapped dimer. ..
- Hay E, Laplantine E, Geoffroy V, Frain M, Kohler T, Muller R, et al. N-cadherin interacts with axin and LRP5 to negatively regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signaling, osteoblast function, and bone formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:953-64 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that a previously unrecognized N-cadherin-axin-LRP5 interaction negatively regulates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and is critical in the regulation of osteoblast function, bone formation, and bone mass. ..
- Thompson S, Blazeski A, Copeland C, Cohen D, Chen C, Reich D, et al. Acute slowing of cardiac conduction in response to myofibroblast coupling to cardiomyocytes through N-cadherin. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;68:29-37 pubmed publisher..We propose that myofibroblasts can impair the electrophysiological function of cardiac tissue through the application of contractile force to the cardiomyocyte membrane via N-cadherin junctions. ..
- Mohler P, Rivolta I, Napolitano C, LeMaillet G, Lambert S, Priori S, et al. Nav1.5 E1053K mutation causing Brugada syndrome blocks binding to ankyrin-G and expression of Nav1.5 on the surface of cardiomyocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:17533-8 pubmed..Together with previous work in neurons, these results in cardiomyocytes suggest that ankyrin-G participates in a common pathway for localization of voltage-gated Na(v) channels at sites of function in multiple excitable cell types. ..
- Wanner I, Guerra N, Mahoney J, Kumar A, Wood P, Mirsky R, et al. Role of N-cadherin in Schwann cell precursors of growing nerves. Glia. 2006;54:439-59 pubmed
- Yam P, Pincus Z, Gupta G, Bashkurov M, Charron F, Pelletier L, et al. N-cadherin relocalizes from the periphery to the center of the synapse after transient synaptic stimulation in hippocampal neurons. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79679 pubmed publisher..These results bring new information to the structural organization and activity-induced changes occurring at synapses, and suggest that N-cadherin relocalization may contribute to activity dependent changes at synapses. ..
- Ferguson T, Scherer S. Neuronal cadherin (NCAD) increases sensory neurite formation and outgrowth on astrocytes. Neurosci Lett. 2012;522:108-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, the loss of NCAD greatly impairs the formation and extension neurites on astrocytes. ..
- Karabekian Z, Gillum N, Wong E, Sarvazyan N. Effects of N-cadherin overexpression on the adhesion properties of embryonic stem cells. Cell Adh Migr. 2009;3:305-10 pubmed..The findings suggest that N-cadherin overexpression can facilitate electromechanical integration of stem cells into excitable tissues with endogenously high levels of N-cadherin, such as the heart and brain. ..
- Harrison O, Jin X, Hong S, Bahna F, Ahlsen G, Brasch J, et al. The extracellular architecture of adherens junctions revealed by crystal structures of type I cadherins. Structure. 2011;19:244-56 pubmed publisher..Our observations are consistent with a model for junction assembly involving strong trans and weak cis interactions localized in the ectodomain...
- Jian M, Liu Y, Li Q, WOLKOWICZ P, Alexeyev M, Zmijewski J, et al. N-cadherin coordinates AMP kinase-mediated lung vascular repair. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;310:L71-85 pubmed publisher..This study provides insight into intrinsic repair mechanisms in the lung and supports AMPK stimulation as a modality for treating vascular disease. ..
- Lallemand D, Curto M, Saotome I, Giovannini M, McClatchey A. NF2 deficiency promotes tumorigenesis and metastasis by destabilizing adherens junctions. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1090-100 pubmed..Our studies indicate that merlin functions as a tumor and metastasis suppressor by controlling cadherin-mediated cell:cell contact. ..
- Aiga M, Levinson J, Bamji S. N-cadherin and neuroligins cooperate to regulate synapse formation in hippocampal cultures. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:851-8 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that cadherins and NLs can act in concert to regulate synapse formation. ..
- Liu J, Li J, Li P, Wang Y, Liang Z, Jiang Y, et al. Loss of DLG5 promotes breast cancer malignancy by inhibiting the Hippo signaling pathway. Sci Rep. 2017;7:42125 pubmed publisher..In summary, loss of DLG5 expression promoted breast cancer malignancy by inactivating the Hippo signaling pathway and increasing nuclear YAP. ..
- Kaidoh T, Inoue T. N-cadherin expression in palisade nerve endings of rat vellus hairs. J Comp Neurol. 2008;506:525-34 pubmed
- Iijima Y, Nagai T, Mizukami M, Matsuura K, Ogura T, Wada H, et al. Beating is necessary for transdifferentiation of skeletal muscle-derived cells into cardiomyocytes. FASEB J. 2003;17:1361-3 pubmed..These results suggest that some part of skeletal muscle cells can transdifferentiate into cardiomyocytes and that direct cell-to-cell contact and contraction of neighboring cardiomyocytes are important for the transdifferentiation. ..
- Jones M, Sabatini P, Lee F, Bendeck M, Langille B. N-cadherin upregulation and function in response of smooth muscle cells to arterial injury. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002;22:1972-7 pubmed..Therefore, N-cadherin may provide a novel target for therapies that are directed toward intimal proliferative disorders, including restenosis and vascular bypass graft failure. ..
- Bartelt Kirbach B, Langer Fischer K, Golenhofen N. Different regulation of N-cadherin and cadherin-11 in rat hippocampus. Cell Commun Adhes. 2010;17:75-82 pubmed publisher..These data hint at a critical role of N-cadherin at early embryonic stages and early synaptogenesis, whereas cadherin-11 might be more important for further stabilization of synapses in the postnatal period and adulthood. ..
- Xia W, Mruk D, Lee W, Cheng C. Differential interactions between transforming growth factor-beta3/TbetaR1, TAB1, and CD2AP disrupt blood-testis barrier and Sertoli-germ cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16799-813 pubmed..However, TGF-beta3 selectively disrupts Sertoli-germ cell adhesion in the seminiferous epithelium to facilitate germ cell migration without compromising BTB when TbetaRI interacts only with adaptor CD2AP. ..
- Schnädelbach O, Ozen I, Blaschuk O, Meyer R, Fawcett J. N-cadherin is involved in axon-oligodendrocyte contact and myelination. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;17:1084-93 pubmed..From these data we conclude that N-cadherin is important for the initial contact between a myelinating oligodendrocyte and axons and significantly contributes to the success of myelination. ..
- Whaley Connell A, Habibi J, Panfili Z, Hayden M, Bagree S, Nistala R, et al. Angiotensin II activation of mTOR results in tubulointerstitial fibrosis through loss of N-cadherin. Am J Nephrol. 2011;34:115-25 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that Ang II activation of the AT(1)R contributes to PT brush border injury and remodeling, in part, due to enhanced mTOR/S6K1 signaling which promotes tubulointerstitial fibrosis through loss of N-cadherin. ..
- Poskanzer K, Needleman L, Bozdagi O, Huntley G. N-cadherin regulates ingrowth and laminar targeting of thalamocortical axons. J Neurosci. 2003;23:2294-305 pubmed
- Guillaume E, Comunale F, Do Khoa N, Planchon D, Bodin S, Gauthier Rouvière C. Flotillin microdomains stabilize cadherins at cell-cell junctions. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5293-304 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data demonstrate that flotillin microdomains are required for cadherin stabilization at CCJs and for the formation of functional CCJs. ..
- Gil Sanz C, Landeira B, Ramos C, Costa M, M ller U. Proliferative defects and formation of a double cortex in mice lacking Mltt4 and Cdh2 in the dorsal telencephalon. J Neurosci. 2014;34:10475-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that defects in adherens junctions components in mice massively affects progenitor cell proliferation and leads to a double cortex-like phenotype...
- Shan W, Yoshida M, Wu X, Huntley G, Colman D. Neural (N-) cadherin, a synaptic adhesion molecule, is induced in hippocampal mossy fiber axonal sprouts by seizure. J Neurosci Res. 2002;69:292-304 pubmed..Our findings show that N-cadherin is likely to be a key factor in responsive synaptogenesis following status epilepticus, where it functions as a mediator of de novo synapse formation. ..
- Hollnagel A, Grund C, Franke W, Arnold H. The cell adhesion molecule M-cadherin is not essential for muscle development and regeneration. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4760-70 pubmed..It seems that N-cadherin or other cadherins can largely compensate for the lack of M-cadherin. ..
- Lui W, Mruk D, Cheng C. Interactions among IQGAP1, Cdc42, and the cadherin/catenin protein complex regulate Sertoli-germ cell adherens junction dynamics in the testis. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:49-66 pubmed..These results illustrate that the interactions among IQGAP1, Cdc42, and beta-catenin are crucial to the regulation of Sertoli-germ cell, but not Sertoli-Sertoli cell, AJ dynamics in the seminiferous epithelium. ..
- Wang T, Li Y, Chen K, Chen C, Wu C, Teng N, et al. SH2B1? regulates N-cadherin levels, cell-cell adhesion and nerve growth factor-induced neurite initiation. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2063-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide significant new insights into how N-cadherin-mediated inter-cellular interactions may influence neurite initiation and how SH2B1? may regulate these processes. ..
- Chen J, Zacharek A, Li Y, Li A, Wang L, Katakowski M, et al. N-cadherin mediates nitric oxide-induced neurogenesis in young and retired breeder neurospheres. Neuroscience. 2006;140:377-88 pubmed
- Lee N, Mruk D, Wong C, Cheng C. Regulation of Sertoli-germ cell adherens junction dynamics in the testis via the nitric oxide synthase (NOS)/cGMP/protein kinase G (PRKG)/beta-catenin (CATNB) signaling pathway: an in vitro and in vivo study. Biol Reprod. 2005;73:458-71 pubmed..These results illustrate that the CDH2/CATNB-mediated adhesion function in the testis is regulated, at least in part, via the NOS/cGMP/PRKG/CATNB pathway. ..
- Chopra A, Tabdanov E, Patel H, Janmey P, Kresh J. Cardiac myocyte remodeling mediated by N-cadherin-dependent mechanosensing. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H1252-66 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cell-to-cell-mediated force perception and transmission are involved in the organization and development of cardiac structure and function...