Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myom1
Description: myomesin 1
Alias: myomesin-1, myomesin 1 (skelemin) 185kDa
- Gokhin D, Lewis R, McKeown C, Nowak R, Kim N, Littlefield R, et al. Tropomodulin isoforms regulate thin filament pointed-end capping and skeletal muscle physiology. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:95-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tmod3 and -4 compensate for the absence of Tmod1 structurally but not functionally. We conclude that Tmod1 is a novel regulator of skeletal muscle physiology. ..
- Pinotsis N, Chatziefthimiou S, Berkemeier F, Beuron F, Mavridis I, Konarev P, et al. Superhelical architecture of the myosin filament-linking protein myomesin with unusual elastic properties. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001261 pubmed publisher..In general terms, our data demonstrate how repetitive domain modules such as those found in myomesin could generate highly elastic protein structures in highly organized cell systems such as muscle sarcomeres. ..
- Schiaffino S, Reggiani C. Molecular diversity of myofibrillar proteins: gene regulation and functional significance. Physiol Rev. 1996;76:371-423 pubmed..Both myosin and troponin isoforms contribute to the differences in the resistance to fatigue of muscle fibers...
- Wooldridge A, Fortner C, Lontay B, Akimoto T, Neppl R, Facemire C, et al. Deletion of the protein kinase A/protein kinase G target SMTNL1 promotes an exercise-adapted phenotype in vascular smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11850-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest roles for SMTNL1 in cGMP/cAMP-mediated adaptations to exercise through mechanisms involving direct modulation of contractile activity. ..
- du Puy L, Beqqali A, van Tol H, Monshouwer Kloots J, Passier R, Haagsman H, et al. Sarcosin (Krp1) in skeletal muscle differentiation: gene expression profiling and knockdown experiments. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:301-9 pubmed publisher..RNA interference mediated knock-down of SARCOSIN in the C2C12 myoblast cell line appeared to be stimulatory in the early phase of differentiation, but inhibitory at a later phase of differentiation. ..