Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myo5b
Description: myosin Vb
Alias: Myr6, unconventional myosin-Vb, Myosin of the dilute-myosin-V family, myosin 5B, myosin heavy chain myr 6
- Lazo O, Gonzalez A, Ascano M, Kuruvilla R, Couve A, Bronfman F. BDNF regulates Rab11-mediated recycling endosome dynamics to induce dendritic branching. J Neurosci. 2013;33:6112-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab11-dependent dendritic recycling provides a mechanism to retain TrkB in dendrites and to increase local signaling to regulate arborization. ..
- Szperl A, Golachowska M, Bruinenberg M, Prekeris R, Thunnissen A, Karrenbeld A, et al. Functional characterization of mutations in the myosin Vb gene associated with microvillus inclusion disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2011;52:307-13 pubmed publisher..Recently, various MYO5B gene mutations have been identified in patients with MVID...
- Lise M, Wong T, Trinh A, Hines R, Liu L, Kang R, et al. Involvement of myosin Vb in glutamate receptor trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3669-78 pubmed..These results reveal a novel mechanism for the transport of a specific glutamate receptor subunit in neurons mediated by a member of the myosin V family. ..
- Zhao L, Koslovsky J, Reinhard J, Bahler M, Witt A, Provance D, et al. Cloning and characterization of myr 6, an unconventional myosin of the dilute/myosin-V family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10826-31 pubmed..M., Reed-Fourquet, L., Wu, E. & Wu, J.Y. (1990) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87, 8491-8495]. ..
- Boone M, Deen P. Physiology and pathophysiology of the vasopressin-regulated renal water reabsorption. Pflugers Arch. 2008;456:1005-24 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on our recent increase in understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying AVP-regulated renal water transport in both health and disease. ..
- Schumacher Bass S, Vesely E, Zhang L, Ryland K, McEwen D, Chan P, et al. Role for myosin-V motor proteins in the selective delivery of Kv channel isoforms to the membrane surface of cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2014;114:982-92 pubmed publisher..5 surface density, of which little is yet known. To investigate the role of the unconventional myosin-V (MYO5A and MYO5B) motors in determining the cell surface density of Kv1.5. ..
- Satoh T. Rho GTPases in insulin-stimulated glucose uptake. Small Gtpases. 2014;5:e28102 pubmed publisher..In addition, the role for another Rho family member TC10 and its regulatory mechanism in adipocyte insulin signaling are described. ..
- Wang Z, Edwards J, Riley N, Provance D, Karcher R, Li X, et al. Myosin Vb mobilizes recycling endosomes and AMPA receptors for postsynaptic plasticity. Cell. 2008;135:535-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ca2+-activated MyoVb captures and mobilizes REs for AMPA receptor insertion and spine growth, providing a mechanistic link between the induction and expression of postsynaptic plasticity. ..