Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myo1c
Description: myosin 1C
Alias: Myr2, unconventional myosin-Ic, MMI-beta, MMIb, myosin I beta, myosin IC, myosin IC-like, myosin heavy chain myr 2, myosin-Ic, unconventional myosin Myr2 I heavy chain
- Etournay R, El Amraoui A, Bahloul A, Blanchard S, Roux I, Pezeron G, et al. PHR1, an integral membrane protein of the inner ear sensory cells, directly interacts with myosin 1c and myosin VIIa. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2891-9 pubmed..Moreover, as both myosins have been implicated in the mechanotransduction slow adaptation process that takes place in the hair bundles, we propose that PHR1 is also involved in this process. ..
- Ruppert C, Godel J, Muller R, Kroschewski R, Reinhard J, Bahler M. Localization of the rat myosin I molecules myr 1 and myr 2 and in vivo targeting of their tail domains. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 12):3775-86 pubmed..These results suggest that the tail domains of myr 1 and myr 2 are sufficient for subcellular targeting but that their head domains also contribute significantly to maintaining a proper subcellular localization. ..
- Tang N, Lin T, Yang J, Foskett J, Ostap E. CIB1 and CaBP1 bind to the myo1c regulatory domain. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2007;28:285-91 pubmedb>Myo1c is a member of the myosin-I family that binds phosphoinositides and links the actin cytoskeleton to cellular membranes...
- Batters C, Wallace M, Coluccio L, Molloy J. A model of stereocilia adaptation based on single molecule mechanical studies of myosin I. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2004;359:1895-905 pubmed..apparatus to perform single molecule mechanical experiments using the unconventional myosins, Myo1b and Myo1c. The single-headed nature and slow ATPase kinetics of these myosins make them ideal for detailed studies of the ..
- Dumont R, Zhao Y, Holt J, Bähler M, Gillespie P. Myosin-I isozymes in neonatal rodent auditory and vestibular epithelia. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2002;3:375-89 pubmed..Using RT-PCR, we found prominent expression of three isozymes, Myo1b (also known as myosin-Ia or myr 1). Myo1c (myosin-Ib or myr 2). and Myo1e (myr 3). By contrast, Myo1a (brush-border myosin-I), Myo1d (myosin lg or myr 4)...
- Adamek N, Lieto Trivedi A, Geeves M, Coluccio L. Modification of loop 1 affects the nucleotide binding properties of Myo1c, the adaptation motor in the inner ear. Biochemistry. 2010;49:958-71 pubmed publisherb>Myo1c is one of eight members of the mammalian myosin I family of actin-associated molecular motors...
- Skowron J, Bement W, Mooseker M. Human brush border myosin-I and myosin-Ic expression in human intestine and Caco-2BBe cells. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1998;41:308-24 pubmed..The expression of both myosins-I was also examined during cell-contact induced differentiation of Caco-2BBe cells where expression and changes in localization closely resemble those that accompany differentiation of enterocyte in vivo. ..
- Kittelberger N, Breunig M, Martin R, KnÃ¶lker H, Miklavc P. The role of myosin 1c and myosin 1b in surfactant exocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1685-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that class 1 myosins participate in several stages of ATII cell exocytosis and link actin coats to the secretory vesicle membrane to influence vesicle compression. ..
- Kahle M, Pridalová J, Spacek M, Dzijak R, Hozak P. Nuclear myosin is ubiquitously expressed and evolutionary conserved in vertebrates. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:139-48 pubmed..The analysis of genomic sequences indicates that almost identical homologous NMI genes are expressed in mammals, and similar NMI genes in vertebrates. ..
- Boguslavsky S, Chiu T, Foley K, Osorio Fuentealba C, Antonescu C, Bayer K, et al. Myo1c binding to submembrane actin mediates insulin-induced tethering of GLUT4 vesicles. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4065-78 pubmed publisher..The molecular machinery involved in GLUT4 vesicle tethering is unknown. We show here that Myo1c, an actin-based motor protein that associates with membranes and actin filaments, is required for insulin-induced ..
- Lieto Trivedi A, Coluccio L. Calcium, nucleotide, and actin affect the interaction of mammalian Myo1c with its light chain calmodulin. Biochemistry. 2008;47:10218-26 pubmed publisherTo investigate the interaction of mammalian class I myosin, Myo1c, with its light chain calmodulin, we expressed (with calmodulin) truncation mutants consisting of the Myo1c motor domain followed by 0-4 presumed calmodulin-binding (IQ) ..