Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myc
Description: myelocytomatosis oncogene
Alias: RNCMYC, c-myc, mMyc, myc proto-oncogene protein, Avian myelocytomatosis viral (v-myc) oncogene homolog, myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, proto-oncogene c-Myc, transcription factor p64, v-myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Modulation of c-myc and c-fos gene expression in regenerating rat liver by 2-mercaptopropionylglycineSujata Ohri
Gene Regulation Laboratory, Centre for Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Cell Biol Int 26:187-92. 2002Expression of the two proto-oncogenes, c- myc and c- fos, in proliferating liver, and the modulation of their expression by 2-mercaptopropionylglycine (MPG) has been investigated...
- Synergistic role of c-Myc and ERK1/2 in the mitogenic response to TGF beta-1 in cultured rat nucleus pulposus cellsTomoko Nakai
Division of Organogenesis, Research Center for Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R140. 2008..However, the precise cell cycle progression and molecular mechanisms by which TGFbeta1 stimulates cell growth remain unclear. The aim of this study was to elucidate a mechanism that enables cell proliferation with TGFbeta1 stimulation...
- Angiotensin II reduces cardiac AdipoR1 expression through AT1 receptor/ROS/ERK1/2/c-Myc pathwayLi Li
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, and Key Laboratory of Molecular Cardiovascular Sciences, Ministry of Education, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e49915. 2013..Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay demonstrated that AngII provoked the recruitment of c-Myc onto the promoter region of AdipoR1, which was attenuated by PD98059...
- Susceptibility of striatal neurons to excitotoxic injury correlates with basal levels of Bcl-2 and the induction of P53 and c-Myc immunoreactivityZhong qin Liang
Department of Pharmacology, Soochow University School of Medicine, Suzhou 215007, P R China
Neurobiol Dis 20:562-73. 2005The present studies evaluated the potential contribution of Bcl-2, p53, and c-Myc to the differential vulnerability of striatal neurons to the excitotoxin quinolinic acid (QA)...
- c-MYC apoptotic function is mediated by NRF-1 target genesFionnuala Morrish
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Division of Molecular Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genes Dev 17:240-55. 2003A detailed understanding of the signaling pathways by which c-Myc elicits apoptosis has proven elusive...
- Prostatic neoplasia in transgenic mice with prostate-directed overexpression of the c-myc oncoproteinX Zhang
Department of Urology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Prostate 43:278-85. 2000..In order to test the in vivo effects of chronic overexpression of the mouse c-myc protooncogene on the prostate glands of transgenic mice, we created several lines of C(3)1-c-myc transgenic mice ..
- A functional screen for Myc-responsive genes reveals serine hydroxymethyltransferase, a major source of the one-carbon unit for cell metabolismMikhail A Nikiforov
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5793-800. 2002A cDNA library enriched with Myc-responsive cDNAs but depleted of myc cDNAs was used in a functional screen for growth enhancement in c-myc-null cells...
- c-Myc functionally cooperates with Bax to induce apoptosisPhilippe Juin
University of California at San Francisco Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94143 0128, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6158-69. 2002c-Myc promotes apoptosis by destabilizing mitochondrial integrity, leading to the release of proapoptotic effectors including holocytochrome c. Candidate mediators of c-Myc in this process are the proapoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family...
- Direct activation of RNA polymerase III transcription by c-MycNatividad Gomez-Roman
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, UK
Nature 421:290-4. 2003The proto-oncogene product c-Myc has a direct role in both metazoan cell growth and division...
- Myc-driven murine prostate cancer shares molecular features with human prostate tumorsKatharine Ellwood-Yen
Department of Medicine, and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cancer Cell 4:223-38. 2003Increased Myc gene copy number is observed in human prostate cancer. To define Myc's functional role, we generated transgenic mice expressing human c-Myc in the mouse prostate...
- Targeting c-Myc-activated genes with a correlation method: detection of global changes in large gene expression network dynamicsD Remondini
Dipartimento di Fisica and Galvani Center for Biocomplexity, Universita di Bologna, Bologna 40127, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6902-6. 2005..We discuss in detail the problem of finding targets of the c-myc protooncogene, which encodes a transcriptional regulator whose inappropriate expression has been correlated with a ..
- Pim family kinases enhance tumor growth of prostate cancer cellsWei Wei Chen
Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Mol Cancer Res 3:443-51. 2005..We have found that the cellular levels of c-Myc were elevated in the Pim-1 and Pim-2 transfectants under these conditions...
- Myc influences global chromatin structurePaul S Knoepfler
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 4417, USA
EMBO J 25:2723-34. 2006The family of myc proto-oncogenes encodes transcription factors (c-, N-, and L-Myc) that regulate cell growth and proliferation and are involved in the etiology of diverse cancers...
- The oncogene c-Myc coordinates regulation of metabolic networks to enable rapid cell cycle entryFionnuala Morrish
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cell Cycle 7:1054-66. 2008The c-myc proto-oncogene is rapidly activated by serum and regulates genes involved in metabolism and cell cycle progression...
- c-Myc activates multiple metabolic networks to generate substrates for cell-cycle entryF Morrish
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Oncogene 28:2485-91. 2009..Many metabolic pathway genes are targets of the c-myc oncogene and cell-cycle regulator...
- The let-7a microRNA protects from growth of lung carcinoma by suppression of k-Ras and c-Myc in nude miceXiao yan He
Department of Cell Biology and Medical Genetics, Molecular Medicine and Cancer Research Center, Chongqing Medical University, No 1, Medical College Road, 400016 Chongqing, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1023-8. 2010Down-regulation of let-7 microRNA (miRNA) plays an important role in the pathogenesis of lung cancer. k-Ras and c-Myc, two key oncogenes in lung cancer, have been found to be targeted by let-7 in vitro...
- Expression status and prognostic significance of mammalian target of rapamycin pathway members in urothelial carcinoma of urinary bladder after cystectomyLuciana Schultz
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer 116:5517-26. 2010..Identifying novel molecular prognostic factors and targets of therapy is crucial. Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway plays a pivotal role in establishing cell shape, migration, and proliferation...
- Targeting of Miz-1 is essential for Myc-mediated apoptosisJagruti H Patel
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3283-9. 2006The c-Myc oncoprotein plays a central role in human cancer via its ability to either activate or repress the transcription of essential downstream targets...
- Mithramycin inhibits myointimal proliferation after balloon injury of the rat carotid artery in vivoS J Chen
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Circulation 90:2468-73. 1994..The immediate early-response gene c-myc is overexpressed in proliferating vascular smooth muscle cells in vitro, and c-myc antisense oligomers have been ..
- Malignant transformation of an epithelial cell by v-Src via tv-a-mediated retroviral infection: a new cell model for studying carcinogenesisShu Ling Fu
Institute of Traditional Medicine, National Yang Ming University, 155, Sec 2, Li Nong St, Taipei 11221, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:830-8. 2005..Furthermore, tv-a-mediated delivery of various oncogenes (v-src, H-ras, myc or akt) leads to malignant transformation...
- Prepubertal onset of diabetes prevents expression of renal cortical connective tissue growth factorWilliam J Langer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 23:275-83. 2008..Follistatin and avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog mRNA both showed a similar age-related pattern of response to DM, but protein levels did not ..
- The PTEN regulator DJ-1 is associated with hTERT expression in clear cell renal cell carcinomaRaviprakash T Sitaram
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Int J Cancer 125:783-90. 2009..Neither DJ-1, cMyc nor hTERT mRNA levels were associated with proliferation (S-phase fraction), telomere length or prognosis in ccRCC...
- MYC overexpression induces prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and loss of Nkx3.1 in mouse luminal epithelial cellsTsuyoshi Iwata
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9427. 2010Lo-MYC and Hi-MYC mice develop prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN) and prostatic adenocarcinoma as a result of MYC overexpression in the mouse prostate...
- tPA is a potent mitogen for renal interstitial fibroblasts: role of beta1 integrin/focal adhesion kinase signalingSha Hao
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1164-75. 2010..by tPA was associated with an increased expression of numerous proliferation-related genes, including c-fos, c-myc, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, and cyclin D1...
- B-cell activating factor and v-Myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (c-Myc) influence progression of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaWeizhou Zhang
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18956-60. 2010Mice bearing a v-Myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (c-Myc) transgene controlled by an Ig-alpha heavy-chain enhancer (iMyc(Cα) mice) rarely develop lymphomas but instead have increased rates of memory B-cell turnover and ..
- Transgenic overexpression of Anks6(p.R823W) causes polycystic kidney disease in ratsSabine Neudecker
Medical Research Center ZMF, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Am J Pathol 177:3000-9. 2010..Cyst development is accompanied by enhanced c-myc expression and continuous proliferation, apoptosis, and de-differentiation of the renal tubular epithelium as well ..
- Kinetic profiling of the c-Myc transcriptome and bioinformatic analysis of repressed gene promotersChui Sun Yap
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Cell Cycle 10:2184-96. 2011Mammalian c-Myc is a member of a small family of three related proto-oncogenic transcription factors...
- Combined serum and tissue proteomic study applied to a c-Myc transgenic mouse model of hepatocellular carcinoma identified novel disease regulated proteins suitable for diagnosis and therapeutic intervention strategiesMaria Stella Ritorto
Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, Fraunhofer ITEM, Hanover, Germany
J Proteome Res 10:3012-30. 2011Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the third leading cause of cancer death in the U.S. Notably, most HCCs display c-Myc hyperactivity but this transcription factor participates in the regulation of as many as 15-20% of genes of the human ..
- Immunoexpression status and prognostic value of mTOR and hypoxia-induced pathway members in primary and metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomasLuciana Schultz
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:1549-56. 2011..001). For phos-S6 and 4EBP1, levels were higher in primary ccRCC compared with benign tissues (P<0.001). c-MYC levels were higher in metastatic ccRCC (P<0...
- cMyc is a principal upstream driver of beta-cell proliferation in rat insulinoma cell lines and is an effective mediator of human beta-cell replicationEsra Karslioglu
Division of Endocrinology, The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1760-72. 2011..The cMyc pathway provides potential approaches, targets, and tools for driving and sustaining human β-cell replication...
- CEBPD suppresses prolactin expression and prolactinoma cell proliferationYunguang Tong
Academic Affairs, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1880-91. 2011..CEBPD also suppresses expression of proliferation-related genes, including c-Myc, survivin, as well as cyclins B1, B2, and D1...
- Acinar-to-ductal metaplasia accompanies c-myc-induced exocrine pancreatic cancer progression in transgenic rodentsPaul J Grippo
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Int J Cancer 131:1243-8. 2012..The oncogenic transcription factor c-myc is associated with human pancreatic neoplasms...
- Differential pathotropism of non-immortalized and immortalized human neural stem cell lines in a focal demyelination modelDaniela Ferrari
Department of Biotechnology and Biosciences, Universita Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:1193-210. 2012..and to reduce the local inflammation after an acute injury, we transplanted GMP-grade non-immortalized hNSCs and v-myc (v-IhNSC), c-myc T58A (T-IhNSC) immortalized cells into the corpus callosum of adult rats after 5 days from focal ..
- Antioxidant N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) supplementation reduces reactive oxygen species (ROS)-mediated hepatocellular tumor promotion of indole-3-carbinol (I3C) in ratsKeisuke Shimamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 36:775-86. 2011..8-OHdG) as an oxidative DNA marker between the DEN-I3C-NAC and DEN-I3C groups, while mapkapk3 and Myc were decreased by the NAC treatment...
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 treatment shrinks uterine leiomyoma tumors in the Eker rat modelSunil K Halder
Center for Women s Health Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
Biol Reprod 86:116. 2012..It also reduced leiomyoma size by suppressing cell growth and proliferation-related genes (Pcna, cyclin D1 [Ccnd1], Myc, Cdk1, Cdk2, and Cdk4), antiapoptotic genes (Bcl2 and Bcl2l1 [Bcl-x]), and estrogen and progesterone receptors...
- Cannabis exposure associated with weight reduction and β-cell protection in an obese rat modelR A Levendal
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Phytomedicine 19:575-82. 2012..diet induced down-regulation of the following genes in the obese control group, relative to lean controls: UCP2, c-MYC and FLIP...
- Mitochondrial structure, function and dynamics are temporally controlled by c-MycJ Anthony Graves
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e37699. 2012Although the c-Myc (Myc) oncoprotein controls mitochondrial biogenesis and multiple enzymes involved in oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS), the coordination of these events and the mechanistic underpinnings of their regulation remain ..
- Pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-1β promotes the development of intestinal stem cellsLei Wang
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Inflamm Res 61:1085-92. 2012..We investigated the effect of IL-1β on the development of intestinal epithelial stem cells...
- Mammary gland morphology and gene expression differ in female rats treated with 17β-estradiol or fed soy protein isolateMartin J J Ronis
Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Endocrinology 153:6021-32. 2012..and E2 altered expression of 422 genes and reversed E2 effects on many mRNAs, including those involved in the c-myc signaling pathway, cyclin D1, and Ki67...
- Cross-species genome wide expression analysis during pluripotent cell determination in mouse and rat preimplantation embryosElisa A Casanova
Institute of Laboratory Animal Science, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e47107. 2012..in ESCs, like for example Sox2 or Stat3, or play a role in reprogramming somatic cells to pluripotency like c-Myc, Klf4 and p53 and therefore represent interesting candidates to further analyze in vitro in the rat ESCs...
- Distinct SNP combinations confer susceptibility to urinary bladder cancer in smokers and non-smokersHolger Schwender
Mathematical Institute, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e51880. 2012..of cigarette smoke carcinogens were most relevant (GSTM1, rs11892031), in contrast to those in non-smokers with MYC and APOBEC3A near polymorphisms (rs9642880, rs1014971) being the most influential...
- Burkitt's lymphoma-associated c-Myc mutations converge on a dramatically altered target gene response and implicate Nol5a/Nop56 in oncogenesisV H Cowling
Department of Pharmacology, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH, USA
Oncogene 33:3519-27. 2014Burkitt's lymphomas (BLs) acquire consistent point mutations in a conserved domain of Myc, Myc Box I...
- Upregulated Myc expression in N-methyl nitrosourea (MNU)- induced rat mammary tumoursRajamani Barathidasan
Division of Pathology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, India E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:4883-9. 2013The most common incident cancer and cause of cancer-related deaths in women is breast cancer. The Myc gene is upregulated in many cancer types including breast cancer, and it is considered as a potential anti-cancer drug target...
- c-Myc programs fatty acid metabolism and dictates acetyl-CoA abundance and fateLia R Edmunds
From the Divisions of Hematology Oncology and
J Biol Chem 289:25382-92. 2014b>myc(-/-) rat fibroblasts (KO cells) differ from myc(+/+) (WT) cells and KO cells with enforced Myc re-expression (KO-Myc cells) with respect to mitochondrial structure and function, utilization of glucose and glutamine as energy-..
- Pre-clinical analysis of changes in intra-cellular biochemistry of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) cells due to c-Myc silencingVishal Rajagopalan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, 600025, India
Cell Mol Neurobiol 34:1059-69. 2014..JQ1 is essentially a Myc inhibitor. c-Myc is also known for altering the biochemistry of a tumor cell...
- JNK1 Deficient Insulin-Producing Cells Are Protected against Interleukin-1β-Induced Apoptosis Associated with Abrogated Myc ExpressionMichala Prause
Immuno Endocrinology Lab, Endocrinology Research Section, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark Section of Cellular and Metabolic Research, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Diabetes Res 2016:1312705. 2016..INS-1 cell apoptosis associated with decreased 46 kDa isoform JNK protein phosphorylation and attenuated Myc expression. Transient knockdown of Myc also prevented IL-1β-induced apoptosis as well as caspase 3 cleavage...
- Polycystic kidney disease in SBM transgenic mice: role of c-myc in disease induction and progressionM Trudel
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Faculte de Medecine de l Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Pathol 152:219-29. 1998SBM mouse is a unique transgenic model of polycystic kidney disease (PKD) produced by dysregulation of c-myc in the kidneys...
- Chronic oxidative stress causes amplification and overexpression of ptprz1 protein tyrosine phosphatase to activate beta-catenin pathwayYu Ting Liu
Department of Pathology and Biology of Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 171:1978-88. 2007..beta-catenin was translocated to nuclei, resulting in the expression of its target genes cyclin D1, c-myc, c-jun, fra-1, and CD44...
- New prognostic markers revealed by evaluation of genes correlated with clinical parameters in Wilms tumorsStefanie Wittmann
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Biocenter, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, Wuerzburg, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:386-95. 2008..for multiple testing and multivariate analysis revealed potentially relevant alteration of CA9, DKK1, EGR1, HEY2, MYC, MYCN, TERT, TOP2A, TRIM22, and VEGF expression in association with CTNNB1 mutation status, histological risk, ..
- Systems biology of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD): computational identification of gene expression pathways and integrated regulatory networksXuewen Song
Division of Nephrology, University Health Network, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 18:2328-43. 2009..By integrating these pathways with a number of dysregulated networks of TFs (e.g. SRF, MYC, E2F1, CREB1, LEF1, TCF7, HNF1B/ HNF1A and HNF4A), our data suggest that epithelial dedifferentiation accompanied ..
- Intratracheal administration of p38α short-hairpin RNA plasmid ameliorates lung ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsXiangqi Lv
Department of Anesthesiology, Hei Long Jiang Province Key Lab of Research on Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, and Second Affiliated hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
J Heart Lung Transplant 31:655-62. 2012..The lungs have an extremely large surface area, which makes the absorption of shRNA highly effective. Therefore, we evaluated the therapeutic efficacy of p38α shRNA plasmids in a rat model of lung transplantation...
- Astilbin inhibits proliferation of rat aortic smooth muscle cells induced by angiotensin II and down-regulates expression of protooncogenePing Li
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430022, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 32:181-5. 2012..The expression of c-myc mRNA was assessed by using reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), and the expression of NF-κB ..
- Ginsenoside Rb₁ inhibits the carotid neointimal hyperplasia induced by balloon injury in rats via suppressing the phenotype modulation of vascular smooth muscle cellsShu Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Zunyi Medical College, 201 Dalian Rood, Zunyi, Guizhou, 563000, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 685:126-32. 2012..kinase 1/2 (pERK1/2), smooth muscle α-actin (SM α-actin), and the mRNA expressions of proto-oncogene c-myc, SM α-actin, SM-emb (embryonic smooth muscle myosin heavy chain) and p38 MAPK were detected by ..
- Effects of pulsed electromagnetic fields on bone mass and Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in ovariectomized ratsJun Zhou
Rehabilitation Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province, Department of Rehabilitation, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Arch Med Res 43:274-82. 2012..This study aimed to systematically investigate the effects of PEMFs on bone mass and Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in ovariectomized rats...
- Amelioration of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in peroxiredoxin I-deficient miceKosuke Okada
Division of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:503-9. 2013..In the present study, we examined the role of Prx I against cisplatin-induced renal injury in vivo using Prx I-null mice...
- The involvement of a Nanog, Klf4 and c-Myc transcriptional circuitry in the intertwining between neoplastic progression and reprogrammingIlaria Marzi
Department of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Cell Cycle 12:353-64. 2013..CD133(+) elements and pO(2)-dependent percentages of the three embryonic transcription factors Nanog, Klf4 and c-Myc. Once transferred into aerobic cultures, the minor cellular fraction expressing this triad generates various types ..
- Mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) enhances bortezomib-induced death in tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC)-null cells by a c-MYC-dependent induction of the unfolded protein responseJustin T Babcock
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 288:15687-98. 2013..Here we report that control of c-MYC translation by mTORC1 plays a key role in determining whether TSC2-null Elt3 rat leiomyoma cells apoptose in ..
- The proto-oncogene c-myc acts through the cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) inhibitor p27(Kip1) to facilitate the activation of Cdk4/6 and early G(1) phase progressionAlvaro J Obaya
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, 69 Brown Street, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31263-9. 2002..Cdk4/6 activity is promoted by D-type cyclins and opposed by Cdk inhibitor proteins. Loss of c-myc proto-oncogene function results in a defect in the activation of Cdk4/6...
- Overexpression of PKD1 causes polycystic kidney diseaseCaroline Thivierge
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Molecular Genetics and Development, 110 ave des Pins ouest, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Mol Cell Biol 26:1538-48. 2006..Our results also uncovered a striking increased renal c-myc expression in mice from all transgenic lines, indicating that c-myc is a critical in vivo downstream effector of ..
- c-Myc and ChREBP regulate glucose-mediated expression of the L-type pyruvate kinase gene in INS-1-derived 832/13 cellsJ Jason Collier
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, E1147 BST, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E48-56. 2007..Previously, we demonstrated a necessity in hepatocytes for c-Myc in the regulation of a prototypical glucose-responsive gene, L-type pyruvate kinase (L-PK) (Collier JJ, Doan TT, ..
- Polysaccharides from Capsosiphon fulvescens stimulate the growth of IEC-6 Cells by activating the MAPK signaling pathwayHiroe Go
Food Science and Biotechnology, Pukyong National University, Busan, South Korea
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 13:433-40. 2011..of the Wnt signaling pathway, from the cytosol to the nucleus and increased the expression of cyclinD1 and c-myc. Cf-PS also induced ERK1/2 phosphorylation, which is activated by mitogenic and proliferative stimuli such as ..
- Evaluation of the potential toxicity of dibromoacetonitrile-induced apoptosis and tumor-initiating activity in rat liverNaglaa Assaf
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, MISR for Science and Technology University, Cairo, Egypt
Food Chem Toxicol 49:3055-62. 2011..erythrocytes and changes in the expression of hepatocyte growth factor gene and proto-oncogenes (c-met and c-myc) in liver tissues...
- Effects of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides on IEC-6 cell proliferation, migration and morphology of differentiation benefiting intestinal epithelium healing in vitroLi Xin Sun
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing Affiliated Hospital of Chengde Medical College, Chengde, Hebei Province, China
J Pharm Pharmacol 63:1595-603. 2011..To identify potential effects, a non-transformed small-intestinal epithelial cell line, IEC-6 cells, was used...
- Resveratrol improves cardiac contractility following trauma-hemorrhage by modulating Sirt1Bixi Jian
Center for Surgical Research, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
Mol Med 18:209-14. 2012..Our recent studies, based on the reported interrelationship between c-Myc and Sirt1 (mammalian orthologue of yeast sir2 [silent information regulator 2]) expression and their role in ..
- Von Willebrand Factor permeates small vessels in CADASIL and inhibits smooth muscle gene expressionXiaoJie Zhang
Departments of Neurology X Z, H M, M M W, Molecular and Integrative, Physiology J S, M M W, and Pathology M B, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 Department of Neurology, Veterans Administration Ann Arbor Healthcare, System, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 M M W Institute for Neuropathology, Universitatsspital, CH 8091 Zurich E J R Department of Pathology and Center for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794 B E M Departments of Pathology M B S L, Neurology B B W, and Public Health Sciences B B W, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908
Transl Stroke Res 3:138-45. 2012..We tested whether endothelial von Willebrand factor (vWF) accumulates in CADASIL vessels and whether exposure of smooth muscle cells to vWF alters the expression of smooth muscle gene expression...
- Transmural pressure loading enhances gastric mucosal cell proliferationHiromasa Nakamizo
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 57:2545-54. 2012..The aims of this study were to determine whether exposure to transmural pressure would affect the proliferation of gastric mucosal cells and to elucidate the intracellular signaling pathways involved...
- Mechanisms of prostate atrophy after LHRH antagonist cetrorelix injection: an experimental study in a rat model of benign prostatic hyperplasiaDong Yang
Department of Urology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 32:389-95. 2012..TGF-β1 and c-Myc expression were measured by qRT-PCR and Western blotting in the proximal and distal region of ventral prostatic ..
- Preventive and protective effects of silymarin on doxorubicin-induced testicular damages correlate with changes in c-myc gene expressionH Malekinejad
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
Phytomedicine 19:1077-84. 2012..The expression of c-myc at mRNA level also was analyzed. SMN in preventive and protective forms significantly (p<0...
- Rat alpha-fetoprotein heterogeneity. Comparative chemical study of the two electrophoretic variants and their Ricinus lectin-binding propertiesJ P Kerckaert
Biochim Biophys Acta 493:293-303. 1977..The slow moving alpha-fetoprotein could be further fractionated on RCAI-sepharose column in two components, AFPA1 and AFPA2 differing by their sialic acid content...
- Nucleotide sequence of the first exon of the rat c-myc gene: proviral insertions in murine leukemia virus-induced lymphomas do not affect exon 1D L Steffen
Cell Biology Group, Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545
Virology 164:55-63. 1988We have previously reported that proviruses are integrated adjacent to the c-myc gene in rat thymomas induced by murine leukemia viruses...
- Characterization of rat c-myc and adjacent regionsK Hayashi
Nucleic Acids Res 15:6419-36. 1987Rat genomic regions covering c-myc were cloned from the DNA of both normal liver and two lines of Morris hepatomas, one of which had c-myc amplification. The three restriction maps showed perfect agreement within the overlapping regions...
- Point mutations in the c-Myc transactivation domain are common in Burkitt's lymphoma and mouse plasmacytomasK Bhatia
Pediatric Branch, Clinical Oncology Program, NCI NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Nat Genet 5:56-61. 1993We have screened the entire coding region of c-myc in a panel of Burkitt's lymphomas (BLs) and mouse plasmacytomas (PCTs)...
- Expression and subcellular localization of the Myc superfamily proteins: c-Myc, Max, Mad1 and Mxi1 in the epiphyseal plate cartilage chondrocytes of growing ratsY Wang
INSERM U120 alliée CNRS, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 43:175-88. 1997The changes in the expressions of the protooncogene protein c-Myc, its dimerization partner Max and the competitive inhibitors Mad1 and Mxi1 during the terminal differentiation of chondrocytes in vivo were investigated by ..
- Coordinated regulation of iron-controlling genes, H-ferritin and IRP2, by c-MYCK J Wu
Division of Oncology, Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA an
Science 283:676-9. 1999The protein encoded by the c-MYC proto-oncogene is a transcription factor that can both activate and repress the expression of target genes, but few of its transcriptional targets have been identified...
- A comprehensive analysis of cytokine-induced and nuclear factor-kappa B-dependent genes in primary rat pancreatic beta-cellsA K Cardozo
Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:48879-86. 2001..Cytokine-induced NF-kappa B activation decreased Pdx-1 and increased c-Myc expression...
- Induction of c-Myc expression suppresses insulin gene transcription by inhibiting NeuroD/BETA2-mediated transcriptional activationHideaki Kaneto
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12998-3006. 2002..We have found that hyperglycemia induces the expression of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor c-Myc in islets in several different diabetic models...
- Identification of Myc-mediated death response pathways by microarray analysisQiang Yu
Advanced Technology Center, Center for Cancer Research, NCI National Institutes of Health, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, USA
J Biol Chem 277:13059-66. 2002To understand the mechanisms of Myc-mediated apoptosis induced by DNA damage, we have characterized the death kinetics of three Rat-1 fibroblast cell lines that either overexpress Myc or lack Myc and their parental wild-type cells ..
- Expression of c-Fos and c-Myc and deposition of beta-APP in neurons in the adult rat brain as a result of exposure to short-lasting impulse noiseAnnette Säljö
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurotrauma 19:379-85. 2002..Here, rat brains were investigated immunohistochemically for the expression of c-Fos, c-Myc, and beta-APP during the first 3 weeks postexposure to impulse noise of 198 or 202 dB...
- c-Myc augments the apoptotic activity of cytosolic death receptor signaling proteins by engaging the mitochondrial apoptotic pathwayJuha Klefstrom
University of California, San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, Calfornia 94115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:43224-32. 2002Activation of c-Myc sensitizes cells to apoptosis induction by ligand-activated death receptors...
- c-Myc is required for the glucose-mediated induction of metabolic enzyme genesJames J Collier
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6588-95. 2003Glucose exerts powerful effects on hepatocyte gene transcription by mechanisms that are incompletely understood. c-Myc regulates hepatic glucose metabolism by increasing glycolytic enzyme gene transcription while concomitantly decreasing ..
- Loss of protooncogene c-Myc function impedes G1 phase progression both before and after the restriction pointChristoph Schorl
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:823-35. 2003c-myc is an important protooncogene whose misregulation is believed to causally affect the development of numerous human cancers. c-myc null rat fibroblasts are viable but display a severe (two- to threefold) retardation of proliferation...
- Heterogeneous pattern of chromosomal breakpoints involving the MYC locus in multiple myelomaSonia Fabris
Laboratorio di Ematologia Sperimentale e Genetica Molecolare, U O Ematologia 1, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 37:261-9. 2003Chromosomal rearrangements of the MYC locus, which often involve the IG loci, are recurrent events in multiple myeloma (MM) and plasma cell leukemia (PCL)...
- MYC recruits the TIP60 histone acetyltransferase complex to chromatinScott R Frank
DNAX Research Institute, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
EMBO Rep 4:575-80. 2003The transcription factor MYC binds specific DNA sites in cellular chromatin and induces the acetylation of histones H3 and H4...
- Prolonged culture in low glucose induces apoptosis of rat pancreatic beta-cells through induction of c-mycMark Van De Casteele
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:937-44. 2003..rat islets, culture in the presence of 3 or 5mM (G3-G5) instead of 10mM glucose (G10) induces a large increase in c-myc expression before onset of a caspase-dependent apoptosis...
- Loss of MYC confers resistance to doxorubicin-induced apoptosis by preventing the activation of multiple serine protease- and caspase-mediated pathwaysEmanuela Grassilli
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:21318-26. 2004c-Myc plays an essential role in proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis. Because of its relevance to cancer, most studies have focused on the cellular consequences of c-Myc overexpression...
- Activation of cell cycle regulatory proteins in the apoptosis of terminally differentiated oligodendrocytesM Strazza
Istituto di Fisiologia Clinica, Sez di Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
Neurochem Res 29:923-31. 2004..Although at the time of induction of cell death the oligodendrocytes are postmitotic, activation of c-myc and translocation of Cdc25A into the nucleus can be demonstrated...
- Myc represses transcription through recruitment of DNA methyltransferase corepressorCarmen Brenner
Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Virology, Brussels, Belgium
EMBO J 24:336-46. 2005The Myc transcription factor is an essential mediator of cell growth and proliferation through its ability to both positively and negatively regulate transcription...
- Nucleolar localization of hepatic c-Myc: a potential mechanism for c-Myc regulationJennifer A Sanders
Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1743:141-50. 2005The c-myc proto-oncogene encodes a transcription factor that is involved in cell proliferation, growth, differentiation, and apoptosis...
- [The study on the relationship between the tumor-like proliferation of synoviocytes and the expression of c-myc and ODC genes in adjuvant arthritis rats]Ming Meng
Department of Immunology, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 21:411-4. 2005..To investigate the mechanism of the tumor-like proliferation of synoviocytes in adjuvant arthritis (AA) rats...
- Coordinated regulation of c-Myc and Max in rat liver developmentJennifer A Sanders
Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G145-55. 2006..processes of liver development and regeneration involve regulation of a key network of transcription factors, the c-myc/max/mad network...
- Deregulation of common genes by c-Myc and its direct target, MT-MC1Kenneth R Rogulski
Section of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18968-73. 2005In addition to its role in cancer, the c-Myc oncoprotein controls many normal cellular processes as a consequence of its function as a basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper transcription factor...
- Hypoxic stress suppresses RNA polymerase III recruitment and tRNA gene transcription in cardiomyocytesIsabelle Ernens
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 34:286-94. 2006..that the pol III-specific transcription factor IIIB (TFIIIB) is bound and regulated by the proto-oncogene product c-Myc, the mitogen-activated protein kinase ERK and the retinoblastoma tumour suppressor protein, RB...
- Transforming growth factor beta suppresses human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) by Smad3 interactions with c-Myc and the hTERT geneHe Li
Department of Immunology and Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria 3181, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:25588-600. 2006..In response to TGF-beta, Smad3 binds to c-Myc; knocking down c-Myc, Smad3 does not bind to the TERT gene, suggesting that c-Myc recruits Smad3 to the TERT ..
- Downregulation of the PI3K/Akt survival pathway in cells with deregulated expression of c-MycKerstin Bellmann
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 9 rue McMahon, Quebec, Canada, G1R 2J6
Apoptosis 11:1311-9. 2006..We previously showed that a deregulated expression of c-Myc in cells treated with toxic agents caused an enhanced activation of p38 that acts in a death-promoting pathway...
- [Expression of c-myc protein on rats' brains after brain concussion]Wei hua Fang
Department of Forensic Medicine, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241001, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 22:333-4. 2006To study the changes of expression of c-myc protein on rats' brains after brain concussion.
- [Study of the possible mechanism of effects of carbon disulfide on c-myc expression in rat testicles]Yanying Duan
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 36:401-3. 2007To survey the expression of c-myc of teticles in rats exposed to carbon disulfide (CS2) and the possible mechanism of effects on it.
- Oncogenicity of DNA in vivo: tumor induction with expression plasmids for activated H-ras and c-mycLi Sheng
Division of Viral Products, OVRR, CBER, FDA, Building 29A, Room 3D08, 29 Lincoln Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biologicals 36:184-97. 2008..this issue, we have generated expression plasmids for the activated human H-ras oncogene and for the murine c-myc proto-oncogene. Their oncogenic activity was confirmed in vitro using the focus-formation transformation assay...
- [Effects of Huoxue Qianyang Formula on expressions of proto-oncogenes c-fos and c-myc in spontaneous hypertensive rats with ventricular hypertrophy]De yu Fu
Department of Cardiology, Yueyang Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200437, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:387-91. 2008..Chinese herbal medicine, in reversing the left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) of spontaneous hypertensive rats (SHRs) by analyzing the expressions of mRNAs and proteins of proto-oncogenes c-fos and c-myc in left ventricular muscle.
- Myc-mediated transcriptional repression by recruitment of histone deacetylaseJohn F Kurland
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York, USA
Cancer Res 68:3624-9. 2008b>Myc is a transcription factor that features prominently in cancer. The oncogenicity of Myc stems from its ability to regulate expression of genes required for cell growth and proliferation...
- Regulation of calpain activity by c-Myc through calpastatin and promotion of transformation in c-Myc-negative cells by calpastatin suppressionMaryam Niapour
Arthritis and Immune Disorder Research Centre, University Health Network and the Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:21371-81. 2008The c-Myc transcription factor is commonly dysregulated in cancer. c-Myc also sensitizes cells to apoptosis induced by a variety of toxic events. c-Myc turnover is rapid and mediated by the proteasome and intracellular calpains...
- Global regulation of nucleotide biosynthetic genes by c-MycYen Chun Liu
Program in Pathobiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2722. 2008The c-Myc transcription factor is a master regulator and integrates cell proliferation, cell growth and metabolism through activating thousands of target genes...