Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mvk
Description: mevalonate kinase
Alias: Lrbp, mevalonate kinase, LHR mRNA binding protein
- Chu X, Li D. Expression, purification, and characterization of His20 mutants of rat mevalonate kinase. Protein Expr Purif. 2003;32:75-82 pubmedb>Mevalonate kinase plays a key role in regulating the biosynthesis of cholesterol in animal cells...
- Nair A, Menon K. Isolation and characterization of a novel trans-factor for luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA from ovary. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14937-44 pubmed..LRBP was subjected to N-terminal microsequencing followed by homology search, which revealed its identity as mevalonate kinase. Purified rat mevalonate kinase antibody recognized the gel-purified LRBP on Western blots performed with ..
- Houten S, Kuis W, Duran M, de Koning T, van Royen Kerkhof A, Romeijn G, et al. Mutations in MVK, encoding mevalonate kinase, cause hyperimmunoglobulinaemia D and periodic fever syndrome. Nat Genet. 1999;22:175-7 pubmed..Subsequent analysis of cells from four unrelated HIDS patients revealed reduced activities of mevalonate kinase (MK; encoded by the gene MVK), a key enzyme of isoprenoid biosynthesis...
- Waterham H. Defects of cholesterol biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5442-9 pubmed..The etiology of the underlying pathophysiology may involve multiple affected processes due to lowered cholesterol and/or the elevated, teratogenic levels of the intermediate sterol precursors. ..
- Menon B, Sinden J, Franzo Romain M, Botta R, Menon K. Regulation of LH receptor mRNA binding protein by miR-122 in rat ovaries. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4826-34 pubmed publisherLH receptor (LHR) expression in the ovary is regulated by the RNA binding protein, (LHR mRNA binding protein [LRBP]), which has been identified as being mevalonate kinase...
- Lachmann H, Goodman H, Andrews P, Gallagher H, Marsh J, Breuer S, et al. AA amyloidosis complicating hyperimmunoglobulinemia D with periodic fever syndrome: a report of two cases. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2010-4 pubmed..We report 2 further cases of patients with AA amyloidosis in HIDS, both of whom developed dialysis-dependent renal failure, and we describe the outcome of the first renal transplant in this setting. ..
- Hogenboom S, Wanders R, Waterham H. Cholesterol biosynthesis is not defective in peroxisome biogenesis defective fibroblasts. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;80:290-5 pubmed..five enzymes all have been reported to be partly or exclusively peroxisomal and include HMG-CoA reductase, mevalonate kinase, phosphomevalonate kinase, mevalonate pyrophosphate decarboxylase, and isopentenyl pyrophosphate isomerase...
- Kovacs W, Tape K, Shackelford J, Duan X, Kasumov T, Kelleher J, et al. Localization of the pre-squalene segment of the isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway in mammalian peroxisomes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:273-90 pubmed..in several reports concluding that three of the peroxisomal cholesterol biosynthetic enzymes, namely mevalonate kinase, phosphomevalonate kinase, and mevalonate diphosphate decarboxylase, do not localize to peroxisomes in human ..
- Tanaka R, Lee L, Schafer B, Kratunis V, Mohler W, Robinson G, et al. Molecular cloning of mevalonate kinase and regulation of its mRNA levels in rat liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:2872-6 pubmedb>Mevalonate kinase [ATP:(R)-mevalonate 5-phosphotransferase, EC 2.7.1...
- Stamellos K, Shackelford J, Tanaka R, Krisans S. Mevalonate kinase is localized in rat liver peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:5560-8 pubmed..In this study we have investigated the subcellular localization of mevalonate kinase (EC 22.214.171.124; ATP:mevalonate-5-phosphotransferase)...
- Menon B, Sinden J, Menon K. Association of luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) mRNA with its binding protein leads to decapping and degradation of the mRNA in the p bodies. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:1173-9 pubmed publisher..Luteinizing hormone surge through a post-transcriptional mechanism involving an RNA binding protein designated as LRBP. The present study examined the mechanism by which LRBP induces the degradation of Luteinizing hormone receptor ..
- Hogenboom S, Tuyp J, Espeel M, Koster J, Wanders R, Waterham H. Mevalonate kinase is a cytosolic enzyme in humans. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:631-9 pubmed..In this study we have studied the subcellular localisation of human mevalonate kinase (MK) using a variety of biochemical and microscopical techniques...
- Chu X, Yu W, Wu L, Liu X, Li N, Li D. Effect of a disulfide bond on mevalonate kinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1774:1571-81 pubmedb>Mevalonate kinase is one of ATP-dependent enzymes in the mevalonate pathway and catalyzes the phosphorylation of mevalonate to form mevalonate 5-phosphate...
- Hogenboom S, Romeijn G, Houten S, Baes M, Wanders R, Waterham H. Absence of functional peroxisomes does not lead to deficiency of enzymes involved in cholesterol biosynthesis. J Lipid Res. 2002;43:90-8 pubmed..Our results show that the previously reported deficiencies of mevalonate kinase and phosphomevalonate kinase activity in livers from human Zellweger patients reflect the bad condition of ..
- Ramachandran C, Shah S. Studies on mevalonate kinase, phosphomevalonate kinase and pyrophosphomevalonate decarboxylase in developing rat brain. J Neurochem. 1977;28:751-7 pubmed