Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Muc3
Description: mucin 3, intestinal
Alias: Muc3a, LOW QUALITY PROTEIN: mucin-12, mucin 3, intestinal, mucin-12, mucin-17, Mucin3, mucin 3A, cell surface associated
- Lee K, Liu T. Altered mucin gene expression in stone-containing intrahepatic bile ducts and cholangiocarcinomas. Dig Dis Sci. 2001;46:2166-72 pubmed..intrahepatic bile ducts, cholangiocarcinomas, and normal controls to identify the expression of MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5B, and MUC5AC in nonneoplastic and neoplastic biliary epithelium...
- Khatri I, Wang R, Forstner J. Evidence for a second peptide cleavage in the C-terminal domain of rodent intestinal mucin Muc3. Biochem J. 2004;378:207-12 pubmedRat intestinal mucin Muc3 (rMuc3), like its human homologue (MUC3) and several other membrane mucins, contains a C-terminally located SEA (sea urchin sperm protein, enterokinase and agrin) module, with an intrinsic proteolytic site ..
- Algieri F, Zorrilla P, Rodríguez Nogales A, Garrido Mesa N, Banuelos O, González Tejero M, et al. Intestinal anti-inflammatory activity of hydroalcoholic extracts of Phlomis purpurea L. and Phlomis lychnitis L. in the trinitrobenzenesulphonic acid model of rat colitis. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;146:750-9 pubmed publisher..purpurea in the trinitrobenzenesulphonic acid (TNBS) model of rat colitis, a well characterized experimental model with some resemblance to human IBD...
- Ito H, Satsukawa M, Arai E, Sugiyama K, Sonoyama K, Kiriyama S, et al. Soluble fiber viscosity affects both goblet cell number and small intestine mucin secretion in rats. J Nutr. 2009;139:1640-7 pubmed publisher..98; P < 0.01). In rats fed the HKM diet, ileal Muc2 gene expression was not affected, but that of Muc3 was lower than in those fed the control diet, indicating that the increase in luminal mucins after ingestion of HKM ..
- Khatri I, Ho C, Specian R, Forstner J. Characteristics of rodent intestinal mucin Muc3 and alterations in a mouse model of human cystic fibrosis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;280:G1321-30 pubmedHuman mucin MUC3 and rodent Muc3 are widely assumed to represent secretory mucins expressed in columnar and goblet cells of the intestine...
- Gum J, Hicks J, Lagace R, Byrd J, Toribara N, Siddiki B, et al. Molecular cloning of rat intestinal mucin. Lack of conservation between mammalian species. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:22733-8 pubmed..Thus, the repetitive portions of intestinal mucin genes are apparently not well conserved between phylogenetically distant species. ..
- Xie Y, Liu S, Liu X, Luo Z, Zhu B, Li Z, et al. Intestinal microbiota and innate immunity-related gene alteration in cirrhotic rats with liver transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2011;43:3973-9 pubmed publisher..05). Mucins (MUC2, MUC3) and Toll-like receptors (TLR2, TLR4) messenger RNA (mRNA) expression were significantly higher in the LC and LTC ..
- Dharmani P, Leung P, Chadee K. Tumor necrosis factor-? and Muc2 mucin play major roles in disease onset and progression in dextran sodium sulphate-induced colitis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25058 pubmed publisher..in the expression of regulatory cytokines (40-fold for IL-10 and TGF?) and mucin genes (15-18 fold for Muc2 and Muc3) concomitant with depletion of goblet cell and adherent mucin...
- Amit Romach E, Reifen R, Uni Z. Mucosal function in rat jejunum and ileum is altered by induction of colitis. Int J Mol Med. 2006;18:721-7 pubmed..The relative amount of MUC2 mRNA decreased in the jejunum, ileum and colon of colitis rat. However, MUC3 mRNA expression increased in the ileum and colon of these rats...
- Amit Romach E, Uni Z, Cheled S, Berkovich Z, Reifen R. Bacterial population and innate immunity-related genes in rat gastrointestinal tract are altered by vitamin A-deficient diet. J Nutr Biochem. 2009;20:70-7 pubmed publisher..area relative to controls; decreased MUC2 mRNA expression in the jejunum, ileum and colon of VAD rats and increased MUC3 mRNA expression in the ileum and colon of these rats...
- Tsuboi Y, Kim Y, Paparella M, Chen N, Schachern P, Lin J. Pattern changes of mucin gene expression with pneumococcal otitis media. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2001;61:23-30 pubmed..Muc1, Muc3, Muc4, and Muc5 mucin genes were activated in the middle ear mucosa by pneumococci, which may contribute to hyper-..