Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MST2
Description: serine/threonine kinase 3
Alias: MST2, serine/threonine-protein kinase 3, MST-2, STE20-like kinase MST2, mammalian STE20-like protein kinase 2, serine/threonine kinase 3 (STE20 homolog, yeast)
- Ni L, Li S, Yu J, Min J, Brautigam C, Tomchick D, et al. Structural basis for autoactivation of human Mst2 kinase and its regulation by RASSF5. Structure. 2013;21:1757-68 pubmed publisher..Activation of the kinases Mst1 and Mst2 (Mst1/2) is a key upstream event in this pathway and remains poorly understood...
- Kwan J, Sczaniecka A, Heidary Arash E, Nguyen L, Chen C, Ratkovic S, et al. DLG5 connects cell polarity and Hippo signaling protein networks by linking PAR-1 with MST1/2. Genes Dev. 2016;30:2696-2709 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a direct connection between cell polarity proteins and Hippo, which is essential for proper development of multicellular organisms. ..
- Cooper W, Hesson L, Matallanas D, Dallol A, von Kriegsheim A, Ward R, et al. RASSF2 associates with and stabilizes the proapoptotic kinase MST2. Oncogene. 2009;28:2988-98 pubmed publisher..We identified the proapoptotic kinases, MST1 and MST2, as the most significant binding partners of RASSF2, confirmed the interactions at endogenous levels and showed ..
- Hirabayashi S, Nakagawa K, Sumita K, Hidaka S, Kawai T, Ikeda M, et al. Threonine 74 of MOB1 is a putative key phosphorylation site by MST2 to form the scaffold to activate nuclear Dbf2-related kinase 1. Oncogene. 2008;27:4281-92 pubmed publisher..Okadaic acid (OA), which activates MST2, facilitates the complex formation of MOB1, MST2 and NDR1 in HEK293FT cells...
- Callus B, Verhagen A, Vaux D. Association of mammalian sterile twenty kinases, Mst1 and Mst2, with hSalvador via C-terminal coiled-coil domains, leads to its stabilization and phosphorylation. FEBS J. 2006;273:4264-76 pubmed..Together these results show that hSav can bind to, and be phosphorylated by, Mst, and that the stabilizing effect of Mst on hSav requires its interaction with hSav but is probably not due to phosphorylation of hSav by Mst. ..
- Lee K, Ohyama T, Yajima N, Tsubuki S, Yonehara S. MST, a physiological caspase substrate, highly sensitizes apoptosis both upstream and downstream of caspase activation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19276-85 pubmed..In this study, we show that MST1 and MST2 are direct substrates of caspase-3 both in vivo and in vitro...
- Romano D, Matallanas D, Weitsman G, Preisinger C, Ng T, Kolch W. Proapoptotic kinase MST2 coordinates signaling crosstalk between RASSF1A, Raf-1, and Akt. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1195-203 pubmed publisher..However, there is limited understanding about MST2 control by key regulators of cell division and survival...
- Kim D, Shu S, Coppola M, Kaneko S, Yuan Z, Cheng J. Regulation of proapoptotic mammalian ste20-like kinase MST2 by the IGF1-Akt pathway. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9616 pubmed publisher..Its mammalian homolog MST2 has been shown to play similar role and be regulated by Raf-1 via a kinase-independent mechanism and by RASSF ..
- Park B, Kim D, Won G, Jeon H, Oh B, Lee Y, et al. Mammalian ste20-like kinase and SAV1 promote 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation by activation of PPAR?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30983 pubmed publisher..We sought to understand the role of MST2 kinase and Salvador homolog 1 (SAV1), a scaffolding protein that functions in the MST pathway, in adipocyte ..
- Lee K, Yonehara S. Phosphorylation and dimerization regulate nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of mammalian STE20-like kinase (MST). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12351-8 pubmed