Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp9
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 9
Alias: matrix metalloproteinase-9, 92 kDa gelatinase, 92-kDa type IV collagenase, GELB, MMP-9, gelatinase B, matrix metalloproteinase 9 (gelatinase B, 92-kDa type IV collagenase)
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- S-nitrosylation of matrix metalloproteinases: signaling pathway to neuronal cell deathZezong Gu
Center for Neuroscience and Aging, Program in Cell Adhesion and Extracellular Matrix Biology, The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 297:1186-90. 2002..These findings suggest a potential extracellular proteolysis pathway to neuronal cell death in which S-nitrosylation activates MMPs, and further oxidation results in a stable posttranslational modification with pathological activity...
- Pancreatic trypsin increases matrix metalloproteinase-9 accumulation and activation during acute intestinal ischemia-reperfusion in the ratHenrique S Rosario
Department of Bioengineering, The Whitaker Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1707-16. 2004..This process represents a powerful in vivo pathophysiological mechanism for trypsin-induced MMP-9 activation and is likely to play a central role in the development of acute intestinal inflammation and shock...
- Combination of thrombin and matrix metalloproteinase-9 exacerbates neurotoxicity in cell culture and intracerebral hemorrhage in miceMengzhou Xue
Hotchkiss Brain Institute and Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
J Neurosci 26:10281-91. 2006..To improve the prognosis of ICH, the neurotoxic actions of thrombin and MMP-9 must be inhibited early and simultaneously after injury...
- The association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the MMP-9 genes with susceptibility to acute primary angle closure glaucoma in Taiwanese patientsI Jong Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Vis 12:1223-32. 2006....
- Association of a nonsynonymous single-nucleotide polymorphism of matrix metalloproteinase 9 with giant cell arteritisA Rodriguez-Pla
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:1849-53. 2008Giant cell arteritis (GCA) is the most common type of primary vasculitis. Matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) is present in arterial lesions of GCA and may be involved in its pathogenesis...
- Genetic variations and plasma levels of gelatinase A (matrix metalloproteinase-2) and gelatinase B (matrix metalloproteinase-9) in proliferative diabetic retinopathyMichal Beranek
Department of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Mol Vis 14:1114-21. 2008....
- Prevention of ischemia/reperfusion-induced accumulation of matrix metalloproteinases in rat lung by preconditioning with nitric oxideThomas Waldow
Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Dresden, Dresden, Germany
J Surg Res 152:198-208. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of NO preconditioning on I/R-induced changes of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity...
- Matrix metalloproteinases with gelatinolytic activity induced by Paracoccidioides brasiliensis infectionAngela Satie Nishikaku
Departamento de Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 90:527-37. 2009..Our findings demonstrate the induction of MMPs, particularly MMP-9, in experimental paracoccidioidomycosis, suggesting a possible influence in the pattern of granulomas and in fungal dissemination...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 activity increased by two different types of epileptic seizures that do not induce neuronal death: a possible role in homeostatic synaptic plasticityEszter Takács
Laboratory of Proteomics, Institute of Biology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Neurochem Int 56:799-809. 2010..In these epilepsy models MMP-9 induction may therefore be associated with functions such as homeostatic synaptic plasticity rather than neuronal death...
- Calmodulin kinase II-dependent transactivation of PDGF receptors mediates astrocytic MMP-9 expression and cell motility induced by lipoteichoic acidHui Hsin Wang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Neuroinflammation 7:84. 2010..However, the molecular mechanisms underlying LTA-induced MMP-9 expression in brain astrocytes remain unclear...
- Transforming growth factor-β1 induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 and cell migration in astrocytes: roles of ROS-dependent ERK- and JNK-NF-κB pathwaysHsi Lung Hsieh
Department of Nursing, Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Chang Gung Institute of Technology, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Neuroinflammation 7:88. 2010..Both TGF-β and MMPs have been shown to play crucial roles in brain pathological changes. Thus, we investigated the molecular mechanisms underlying TGF-β1-induced MMP-9 expression in brain astrocytes...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 genetic variation and primary angle closure glaucoma in a Caucasian populationMona S Awadalla
Ophthalmology Department, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Mol Vis 17:1420-4. 2011To investigate the association between genetic variation at the matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP9) locus and primary angle closure glaucoma (PACG) in an Australian Caucasian population.
- ProMMP-9 (92 kDa gelatinase) in vitreous fluid of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathyH Kosano
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Kanagawa, Japan
Life Sci 64:2307-15. 1999..16-7.61), declining in patients with 'quiescent' PDR (1.04 ng/ml, 0.16-3.77). These results suggest that MMP-9 is one of the noteworthy factors in relation to the progress of PDR, as well as angiogenic cytokines such as VEGF...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 undergoes expression and activation during dendritic remodeling in adult hippocampusArek Szklarczyk
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Nencki Institute, PL 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Neurosci 22:920-30. 2002..This unique spatiotemporal pattern of MMP-9 expression suggests its involvement in activity-dependent remodeling of dendritic architecture with possible effects on synaptic physiology...
- Gelatinase B and TIMP-1 are regulated in a cell- and time-dependent manner in association with neuronal death and glial reactivity after global forebrain ischemiaSantiago Rivera
IFR Jean Roche, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Eur J Neurosci 15:19-32. 2002..vulnerable and resistant areas of the ischemic rat hippocampus, the kinetics and cellular distribution of gelatinase B and its principal inhibitor TIMP-1 and we assessed by in situ zymography, the net gelatinolytic activity at the ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 contributes to choroidal neovascularizationVincent Lambert
Laboratory of Tumor and Development Biology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Am J Pathol 161:1247-53. 2002..We report here that MMP-9 (gelatinase B) expression is induced and temporally regulated in the course of experimental choroidal neovascularization...
- Induction of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated primary astrocytes is mediated by extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase 1/2 (Erk1/2)Woo Jong Lee
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Korea
Glia 41:15-24. 2003..The Erk1/2-mediated MMP-9 induction may provide insights into the regulation of MMP-9 production in CNS, which may occur in vivo in pathological situations such as CNS inflammation...
- Intracellular signalings underlying bradykinin-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in rat brain astrocyte-1Hsi Lung Hsieh
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Cell Signal 16:1163-76. 2004..This study may provide insights into the regulation of MMP-9 production in CNS, which may occur in vivo in pathological situations such as CNS inflammation and brain astrocytoma...
- High serum levels of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and matrix metalloproteinase-1 are associated with rapid progression in patients with metastatic melanomaJohanna Nikkola
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Turku University Hospital, Finland
Clin Cancer Res 11:5158-66. 2005..In the present work, we have studied the prognostic significance of serum levels of gelatinase B (MMP-9), collagenase-1 (MMP-1), and collagenase-3 (MMP-13) in patients with advanced melanoma.
- Matrix metalloproteinase gelatinase B (MMP-9) is associated with leaking glaucoma filtering blebsShravan K Chintala
Eye Research Institute, Oakland University, 40g Dodge Hall, Rochester, MI, USA
Exp Eye Res 81:429-36. 2005..of a high molecular weight caseinase and a 92-kDa gelatinase of a size appropriate for the proenzyme form of gelatinase B (gelB; MMP-9), in extracts from leaking bleb tissue, but not in bleb leak fluid or aqueous humour samples...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 is required for hippocampal late-phase long-term potentiation and memoryVanja Nagy
Fishberg Department of Neuroscience, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Neurosci 26:1923-34. 2006..Together, these data reveal new functions for MMPs in synaptic and behavioral plasticity...
- Increased brain expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 after ischemic and hemorrhagic human strokeAnna Rosell
Department of Neurology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 37:1399-406. 2006..We aimed to investigate MMP-2 (gelatinase A) and MMP-9 (gelatinase B) in brain parenchyma in both ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes.
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase 9 in pancreatic ductal carcinoma is associated with tumor metastasis formationAnna Pryczynicz
Department of General Pathomorphology, Medical University of Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 45:37-40. 2007The objective of the current study was to assess the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) in pancreatic ductal carcinoma and to examine its correlation with chosen clinico-anatomical parameters...
- In vivo roles for matrix metalloproteinase-9 in mature hippocampal synaptic physiology and plasticityOzlem Bozdagi
Fishberg Dept of Neuroscience, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
J Neurophysiol 98:334-44. 2007..Taken together, our data reveal novel roles for MMP-mediated proteolysis in regulating nonpathological synaptic function and plasticity in mature hippocampus...
- Gelatinolytic activities (matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9) and soluble extracellular domain of Her-2/neu in pleural effusionsAngelina Di Carlo
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, I 00161 Roma, Italy
Oncol Rep 18:425-31. 2007..The levels of HER-2/neu ECD were above the cut-off value in breast cancer patients. No correlation between gelatinolytic activities and high HER-2/neu ECD values was found...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 is involved in the development and plasticity of retinotectal projections in ratsPriscilla Oliveira-Silva
Neuroimmunology Program, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, Brazil
Neuroimmunomodulation 14:144-9. 2007..We studied the expression and role of MMPs during normal development of retinotectal projections and after monocular enucleation-induced plasticity...
- Activation of protease-activated receptor1 mediates induction of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by thrombin in rat primary astrocytesMin Sik Choi
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Brain Res Bull 76:368-75. 2008..MMP-9 promoter reporter assay confirmed the positive effect of ERK1/2 on MMP-9 expression. These results suggest that the activation of PAR1 mediates thrombin-induced MMP-9 expression through the regulation of Erk1/2...
- Early and late changes of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosisJi Young Kim
Department of Pathology, Pochon CHA University, College of Medicine, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Yonsei Med J 50:68-77. 2009....
- Enhanced cerebrovascular expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 via the MEK/ERK pathway during cerebral ischemia in the ratAida Maddahi
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Neurosci 10:56. 2009..The formation of oedema and opening of the blood-brain barrier in stroke is associated with enhanced expression of metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1)...
- MMP-9 gene variants increase the risk for non-atopic asthma in childrenLeonardo A Pinto
Department of Pediatric Pneumology and Neonatology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Respir Res 11:23. 2010..Both neutrophils as well as eosinophils may secrete matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9)...
- The role of hypoxia-inducible factor-1α, aquaporin-4, and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in blood-brain barrier disruption and brain edema after traumatic brain injuryTetsuhiro Higashida
Department of Neurological Surgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Neurosurg 114:92-101. 2011....
- Japanese encephalitis virus induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 in rat brain astrocytes via NF-κB signalling dependent on MAPKs and reactive oxygen speciesWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 161:1566-83. 2010..However, the detailed mechanisms underlying the inflammatory action of JEV are largely unclear...
- Role of functional single nucleotide polymorphisms of MMP1, MMP2, and MMP9 in open angle glaucomasGeorg Mossbock
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Mol Vis 16:1764-70. 2010..MMP1, MMP2, and MMP9 have previously been implicated in the pathogenesis of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) and open angle glaucoma ..
- Influence of matrix metalloproteinase MMP-9 on dendritic spine morphologyPiotr Michaluk
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, The Nencki Institute, Pasteura 3, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Cell Sci 124:3369-80. 2011..Our results, considered together with several recent studies, strongly imply that MMP-9 is functionally involved in synaptic remodelling...
- Abrogation of MMP-9 gene protects against the development of retinopathy in diabetic mice by preventing mitochondrial damageRenu A Kowluru
Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diabetes 60:3023-33. 2011..The objective of this study is to elucidate the plausible mechanism by which active MMP-9 contributes to the mitochondrial dysfunction in the retina...
- Cytokine concentration in aqueous humour of eyes with exudative age-related macular degenerationJost B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty Mannheim of the Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Ophthalmol 90:e381-8. 2012..To measure the concentration of cytokines in the aqueous humour of eyes with exudative age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Influence of hyperglycemia on oxidative stress and matrix metalloproteinase-9 activation after focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in rats: relation to blood-brain barrier dysfunctionHiroshi Kamada
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5487, USA
Stroke 38:1044-9. 2007..Our present study was designed to clarify the relation among hyperglycemia, oxidative stress, and MMP-9 activation associated with BBB dysfunction after transient focal cerebral ischemia (tFCI)...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 and -7 are regulated in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisB C Kieseier
Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians Universitat, Wurzburg, Germany
Brain 121:159-66. 1998..Our findings indicate that 92-kDa gelatinase and matrilysin are selectively upregulated during AT-EAE and thus may contribute to the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases of the CNS...
- Increased MMP-9 expression and activity by aortic smooth muscle cells after nitric oxide synthase inhibition is associated with increased nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1 activityBrian S Knipp
Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, Section of Vascular Surgery, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0329, USA
J Surg Res 116:70-80. 2004To determine the mechanism underlying increased expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) by rat aortic smooth muscle cells (RA-SMC) after inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS).
- Increased presence of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in short- and long-term experimental herpes simplex virus encephalitisFrancisco J Martinez-Torres
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 368:274-8. 2004..This study describes the protein and mRNA expression of MMP2 and MMP9 in experimental HSVE in the short and long term...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in coxsackievirus-induced myocarditisCaroline Cheung
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Research, St Paul s Hospital Providence Health Care, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6Z 1Y6
Cardiovasc Pathol 15:63-74. 2006..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are regulators of the ECM and can degrade all the components in the matrix...
- Helix-loop-helix protein p8, a transcriptional regulator required for cardiomyocyte hypertrophy and cardiac fibroblast matrix metalloprotease inductionSandro Goruppi
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Box 8486, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:993-1006. 2007..containing c-Jun and with the cardiomyocyte atrial natriuretic factor (anf) promoter and the cardiac fibroblast mmp9 and mmp13 promoters, established activator protein 1 effectors...
- Plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 (MMP-2 and MMP-9) in age-related macular degenerationK Y Chau
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 21:1511-5. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the role of systemic matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in AMD, given that MMPs are implicated in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) polymorphisms in patients with cutaneous malignant melanomaJavier Cotignola
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:10. 2007..Some polymorphisms are known to influence gene expression, protein activity, stability, and interactions, and they were shown to be associated with certain tumor phenotypes and cancer risk...
- Endothelin and gelatinases in renal changes following blockade of nitric oxide synthase in hypertensive ratsYi Ling Yang
Institute of Biotechnology, National Chia Yi University, Chiayi Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 51:186-95. 2008..L-NAME administration for 5 to 10 days resulted in decreases in MMP2 and MMP9 with increasing TIMP2...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 deficiency worsens lung injury in a model of bronchopulmonary dysplasiaHeikki Lukkarinen
Department of Pediatrics, University of Gothenburg, Medicinaregatan 1G, Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 41:59-68. 2009..These results suggest that MMP-9 activity in the inflamed neonatal lung protects the lung against injury...
- Elevation of ADAM10, ADAM17, MMP-2 and MMP-9 expression with media degeneration features CaCl2-induced thoracic aortic aneurysm in a rat modelLiang Geng
Department of Cardiology, Rui Jin Hospital, Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, People s Republic of China
Exp Mol Pathol 89:72-81. 2010....
- Microscopical evaluation of extracellular matrix and its relation to the palatopharyngeal muscle in obstructive sleep apneaFernando D Molina
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Service for Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine at Sao Jose do Rio Preto FAMERP, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Microsc Res Tech 74:430-9. 2011..Moreover, extracellular matrix components changes may contribute to muscle myopathy during SAHS progression...
- Acute venous occlusion enhances matrix metalloprotease activity: Implications on endothelial dysfunctionTom Alsaigh
Department of Bioengineering, The Institute for Engineering in Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0412, USA
Microvasc Res 81:108-16. 2011..We conclude that venous pressure elevation increases enzymatic activity which may contribute to inflammation and endothelial dysfunction associated with this disease by influencing critical surface receptors...
- [The effect of prolactin on the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in the synovium of adjuvant arthritis rats]Yong Feng Gong
Department of Physiology, Binzhou Medical College, Binzhou 256603, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 24:95-8. 2008....
- [Effects of dexamethasone pretreatment on expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in rats with acute lung injury induced by phosgene]Dai kun He
Emergency and Intensive Care Centre for Chemical Accident of Jinshan Hospital Affiliated to Fudan University, Shanghai 200540, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 29:289-93. 2011..To investigate the effects of dexamethasone on expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in rats with acute lung injury induced by phosgene...
- Interaction between sympathetic nervous system and renin angiotensin system on MMPs expression in juvenile rat aortaHoucine Dab
Université de Carthage, Tunisia
Gen Physiol Biophys 30:271-7. 2011..Combined inhibition of SNS and ANG II were more efficient than a single inhibition in reducing MMP amounts in rat vessels...
- Potential contribution of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (mmp-9) to cerebral vasospasm after experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in ratsZhong Wang
Suzhou, P R China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 42:14-20. 2012This study investigated the possible involvement of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) in cerebral vasospasm (CVS) after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) in rats...
- Electroacupuncture improves behavioral recovery and increases SCF/c-kit expression in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusionTaoli Lu
Chongqing Key Laboratory of Neurology, Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, 1 Youyi Road, Yuzhong District, 400016 Chongqing, China
Neurol Sci 34:487-95. 2013..EA may promote neurobehavioral recovery by increasing the protein and mRNA expression of SCF, c-kit and MMP-9 after cerebral ischemia/reperfusion...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor induces matrix metalloproteinase 9 expression in neurons via the serum response factor/c-Fos pathwayBozena Kuzniewska
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Mol Cell Biol 33:2149-62. 2013..study, we provide evidence that stimulation of rat primary cortical neurons with BDNF upregulates matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) mRNA and protein levels and increases enzymatic activity...
- The effects of alpha-lipoic acid on MMP-2 and MMP-9 activities in a rat renal ischemia and re-perfusion modelZ Cavdar
Department of Molecular Medicine, Health Sciences Institute
Biotech Histochem 89:304-14. 2014..TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 levels were increased significantly by LA administration. LA modulated increased MMP-2 and MMP-9 activities and decreased TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 levels during renal I-R...
- Curcumin attenuates liver warm ischemia and reperfusion-induced combined restrictive and obstructive lung disease by reducing matrix metalloprotease 9 activityN C Wu
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Chi Mei Foundation Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 46:1135-8. 2014..In this study, we aimed to investigate the protective efficacy of curcumin treatment against hepatic I/R-induced lung function impairment...
- Increased plasma metalloproteinase-9 concentrations precede development of microalbuminuria in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusI Ebihara
Department of Medicine, Koto Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 32:544-50. 1998..01). However, serum MMP-1 and tissue inhibitor of MMP-1 showed no change during the study period. These data suggest that plasma MMP-9 concentrations preceded and may predict the development of microalbuminuria in NIDDM...
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibition attenuates left ventricular remodeling and dysfunction in a rat model of progressive heart failureJ T Peterson
Departments of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Circulation 103:2303-9. 2001..The present study tested the hypothesis that MMP inhibition would influence LV remodeling and function in developing LV failure...
- Functional polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinases-1, -3, -9 are associated with arteriovenous fistula patency in hemodialysis patientsChih Ching Lin
School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1805-14. 2010..This study evaluated the association of genotype polymorphisms of MMPs and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) in hemodialysis (HD) patients with arteriovenous fistula (AVF) failure...
- Physiological regulation of MMPs and tPA/PAI in the arterial wall of rats by noradrenergic tone and angiotensin IIHoucine Dab
Université de Carthage, Unité de Physiologie Intégrée, Laboratoire de Pathologies Vasculaires, Faculte des Sciences de Bizerte, Tunisia
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 13:36-45. 2012..Overall, there is a synergic inhibition of both systems on the level of MMP-2 in AA...
- Contrary regulation of TIMP-1 and MMP-9 by hepatocyte growth factor antibody after lung injuryYu Wei-Wei
Institute of General Department, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong, China
Chin Med Sci J 26:216-20. 2011..To study the influence of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) antibody on the lung expression level of matrix metalloproteinases-9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1)...
- Effect of hormone replacement therapy in matrix metalloproteinase expression and intimal hyperplasia development after vascular injuryDeidra J H Mountain
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 27:337-45. 2013..Herein we study the role of HRT in the development of IH in a postmenopausal rodent model of vascular injury and in the modulation of this MMP regulatory pathway in vivo...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in human gliomasA Nakano
Department of Neurosurgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Japan
J Neurosurg 83:298-307. 1995..The concomitant overexpression of gelatinase A, gelatinase B, and occasional matrilysin genes was associated with the malignancy of gliomas and accompanied by ..
- Characterization of fibrosis-promoting factors and siRNA-mediated therapies in C-protein-induced experimental autoimmune myocarditisYoh Matsumoto
Department of Molecular Neuropathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Immunol 279:70-7. 2012..These findings suggest that in case of diseases characterized by initial inflammation and subsequent fibrosis, immunotherapies should target inflammation, not fibrosis, because the latter therapies exacerbate inflammation...
- Expression and in-situ localization of genes coding for extracellular matrix proteins and extracellular matrix degrading proteases in pancreatic cancerT M Gress
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 62:407-13. 1995..Both stromal and tumor cells appear to be the source of MMPs and TIMPs in human pancreatic cancer...
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor up-regulates matrix metalloproteinase-9 and -13 in rat osteoblasts. Relevance to intracellular signaling pathwaysShin Onodera
Department of Orthopaedics, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:7865-74. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest that MIF increases the MMP-13 mRNA level of rat osteoblasts via the Src-related tyrosine kinase-, Ras-, ERK1/2-, and AP-1-dependent pathway...
- Induced expression of MMP-9 in C6 glioma cells is inhibited by PDGF via a PI 3-kinase-dependent pathwayPierre Olivier Esteve
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, Universite du Quebec, 531 Boulevard des Prairies, Laval, Quebec, Canada H7V 1B7
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:864-9. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest that PI 3-kinase may act as a negative regulator of MMP-9 expression in C6 glioma cells...
- Induction of myofibroblast MMP-9 transcription in three-dimensional collagen I gel cultures: regulation by NF-kappaB, AP-1 and Sp1Terumi Takahra
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, 930 0194, Toyama, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:353-63. 2004..It is concluded that 3D contact of activated HSC with collagen I stimulates MMP-9 expression by elevating NF-kappaB and AP-1 activities which are able to overcome the repressive influence of Sp1/Sp3 on MMP-9 gene transcription...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 promotes nerve growth factor-induced neurite elongation but not new sprout formation in vitroVeronica I Shubayev
San Diego VA Healthcare System, San Diego, California, USA
J Neurosci Res 77:229-39. 2004..These findings suggest that MMP-9 regulates neurite extension in regenerating peripheral nerve fibers and, therefore, might be of therapeutic value in promoting regeneration in vivo...
- The effect of hindlimb immobilization on acid phosphatase, metalloproteinases and nuclear factor-kappaB in muscles of young and old ratsMarina Bar-Shai
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, P O Box 9649, Haifa 31096, Israel
Mech Ageing Dev 126:289-97. 2005..In conclusion, it seems that the kinetics of activation of extracellular hydrolytic and proteolytic systems differ in muscles of old animals compared to young animals...
- Enhanced matrix metalloproteinase activity in skeletal muscles of rats with congestive heart failureHanne M Schiøtz Thorud
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R389-R394. 2005..We conclude that development of CHF in rats enhances MMP activity, which in turn may distort the normal contractile function of skeletal muscle, thereby contributing to increased skeletal muscle fatigue...
- Matrix metalloproteinase3 and 9 gene promoter polymorphisms: joint action of two loci as a risk factor for coronary artery complicated plaquesPerttu J Pöllänen
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Genetics, FinnMedi 2, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Centre for Laboratory Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, P O Box 2000, 33521 Tampere, Finland
Atherosclerosis 180:73-8. 2005Matrix metalloproteinases 3 and 9 (MMP3 and MMP9) are present in atherosclerotic plaques and co-operate in the degradation of the fibrous cap of the atheroma, leading to fissuring and ultimately to acute coronary thrombosis...
- Expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases and vascular endothelial growth factor during epiphyseal ossificationJesus Alvarez
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia del Principado de Asturias IUOPA, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
J Bone Miner Res 20:1011-21. 2005..MMPs were widely expressed during ossification of the secondary center, whereas expression of VEGF was restricted to later stages...
- L-arginine attenuates acute pulmonary embolism-induced increases in lung matrix metalloproteinase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9Debora C Souza-Costa
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chest 128:3705-10. 2005..To evaluate the effects of L-arginine on acute pulmonary embolism (APE)-induced pulmonary hypertension and increases in lung matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 activities...
- TIMP-1/MMP-9 imbalance in brain edema in rats with fulminant hepatic failureSatoshi Yamamoto
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Surg Res 134:307-14. 2006..We thus hypothesized that an imbalance in TIMP-1/MMP-9 relationship plays a role in the development of increased brain extravasation and edema in FHF...
- Effects of rosiglitazone alone and in combination with atorvastatin on nontraditional markers of cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusChih Sheng Chu
The Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Chung Ho Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Am J Cardiol 97:646-50. 2006....
- Coordinated elevation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression in rat uterus during postpartum involutionKengo Manase
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16, Chuou ku, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:32. 2006..To understand the expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in the rat uterus, we analyzed their activities in postpartum uterine involution...
- Sendai virus infection up-regulates trypsin I and matrix metalloproteinase-9, triggering viral multiplication and matrix degradation in rat lungs and lung L2 cellsH Yamada
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Arch Virol 151:2529-37. 2006..Up-regulation of proMMP-9 and its active convertase trypsin I seems to synergistically enhance virus multiplication and the destruction of lung matrix, resulting in the progression of pneumonia...
- Effect of experimental genital mycoplasmosis on production of matrix metalloproteinases in membranes and amniotic fluid of Sprague-Dawley ratsMorgan R Peltier
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 57:116-21. 2007..We tested this hypothesis in a well-defined model system of genital infection with M. pulmonis, a natural reproductive pathogen of rats...
- Effect of respiratory syncytial virus on the activity of matrix metalloproteinase in miceWen Li
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University College of Medicine, Institute of Respiratory Diseases Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:5-11. 2007..This study was undertaken to examine the effect of infection with RSV on matrix metalloproteinase (MMPs) in mice, and to explore the role of RSV in the pathogenesis of pulmonary diseases...
- [Correlation between matrix metalloproteinases activities and myocardial injury in neonatal rats after asphyxia]Shu Zhen Xu
Department of Pediatrics, Qingdao Municipal Hospital, Qingdao 266011, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 45:134-7. 2007..To study possible correlation between matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) activities and myocardial injury after asphyxia in neonatal Wistar rats...
- [Effect of curcumin on activity of matrix metalloproteinase 2, 9 and nuclear expression of RelA in rat hepatic stellate cells by activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma signal]Yang Cheng
Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai University of TCM, Shanghai
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 27:439-43. 2007....
- Visible light induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in rat eyeAndrea M Papp
Laboratory of Proteomics, Institute of Biology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
J Neurochem 103:2224-33. 2007Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9, gelatinase B) in the nervous system has been demonstrated when excitotoxicity-induced tissue remodeling and neuronal death occurs...
- The extracellular protease matrix metalloproteinase-9 is activated by inhibitory avoidance learning and required for long-term memoryVanja Nagy
Fishberg Department of Neuroscience, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Learn Mem 14:655-64. 2007....
- Upregulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases-1 (TIMP-1) and procollagen-N-peptidase in hypertension-induced renal damageMichael Hultström
Renal Research Group, Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:896-903. 2008....
- [mRNA expression analysis of metastatic markers in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma]K Struckmann
Institut für Klinische Pathologie, Universitatsspital Zurich, Schweiz
Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol 89:178-83. 2005..04 and p = 0.01, respectively). These preliminary results suggest the involvement of CXCR4, MMP-2, and MMP-9 in renal cancer progression...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2, -9 and -13 are involved in fibronectin degradation of rat lung granulomatous fibrosis caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensisCheng Chin Hsu
School of Nutrition, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Exp Pathol 88:437-43. 2007..These results suggest that MMP-2, -9 and -13 may participate in the fibronectin degradation of A. cantonensis-induced granulomatous fibrosis...
- Prognostic significance of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 serum and tissue expression in breast cancerZheng Sheng Wu
Department of Pathology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 122:2050-6. 2008..Our findings suggest that MMP-9 and TIMP-1 may further be evaluated as biomarkers for predicting progression and prognosis of breast cancer...
- Lack of matrix metalloproteinase-9 worsens ventilator-induced lung injuryGuillermo M Albaiceta
Department of Biologia Functional, Universidad de Oviedo, and Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Celestino Villamil s n, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 294:L535-43. 2008..Cell count and myeloperoxidase activity were measured in BALF. There were no differences between wild-type and Mmp9-/- animals after low-pressure ventilation...
- Morphologic evaluation and expression of matrix metalloproteinases-2 and 9 and nitric oxide during experimental periodontal disease in ratCamila Oliveira Rodini
Department of Stomatology Oral Pathology, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Mol Histol 39:275-82. 2008..Also, we may suggest that the exuberant presence of PMNs may be related to the important expression of iNOS and MMP-9 found at 3 days post induction...
- [Role of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in renal tubular epithelial-myofibroblast transdifferentiation]Hen Xue
Department of Nephrology, West China Hosipital, Shichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 39:34-8. 2008..To investigate the dynamic changes of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 expressions in rat unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO) model, and to explore the role of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in tubular epithelialmyofibroblast transdifferentiation...
- Role of matrix metalloprotease-9 in hyperoxic injury in developing lungAnne Chetty
Dept of Pediatrics, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L584-92. 2008..MMP-9 plays an important role in the structural changes consequent to oxygen-induced lung injury. Blocking MMP-9 activity may lead to novel therapeutic approaches in preventing bronchopulmonary dysplasia...
- Proteomic analysis identifies MMP-9, DJ-1 and A1BG as overexpressed proteins in pancreatic juice from pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma patientsMei Tian
Key Laboratory of Ministry of Health for Biotech Drug, Key Laboratory for Modern Medicine and Technology of Shandong Province, Shandong Medicinal Biotechnology Center, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan 250062, PR China
BMC Cancer 8:241. 2008..Pancreatic juice is an ideal specimen for PDAC biomarkers discovery, because it is an exceptionally rich source of proteins released from pancreatic cancer cells...
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression between gingival fibroblast cells from old and young ratsSu Jung Kim
Department of Orthodontics, Kyung Hee University School of Dentistry, Hoegi dong 1, Dongdaemoon Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:152-6. 2009..These results suggest that cell cycle dysregulation and down-regulation of MMP-9 expression in rGF may play a role in gingival remodeling during in vitro aging...
- Oncogenic K-Ras regulates proliferation and cell junctions in lung epithelial cells through induction of cyclooxygenase-2 and activation of metalloproteinase-9Xue Qing Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:791-800. 2009....
- Metalloproteinases 2 and 9 activity during promotion and progression stages of rat liver carcinogenesisKelly Silva Furtado
School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu, SP 18618 000, Brazil
J Mol Histol 40:1-11. 2009..Our findings suggest that MMP-2 may be associated with proliferative events induced by 2-AAF rather than with selective growth of PNL and that MMP-9 could be associated with progression of PNL and neoplastic mixed lesions...
- MMP-9 controls Schwann cell proliferation and phenotypic remodeling via IGF-1 and ErbB receptor-mediated activation of MEK/ERK pathwaySharmila Chattopadhyay
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0629, USA
Glia 57:1316-25. 2009..We also report on the early changes of MMP-9 mRNA expression (within 24 h) after axotomy. These studies establish that MMP-9 controls critical trophic signal transduction pathways and phenotypic remodeling of Schwann cells...
- Synapse loss regulated by matrix metalloproteinases in traumatic brain injury is associated with hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha expressionJamie Y Ding
Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Brain Res 1268:125-34. 2009..The data also supports a role for HIF-1alpha in the MMP regulatory cascade in synapse loss after TBI, suggesting potential targets for reducing loss of synaptic terminals...
- Simvastatin inhibits induction of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in rat alveolar macrophages exposed to cigarette smoke extractSang Eun Kim
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Suwon 440 746, Korea
Exp Mol Med 41:277-87. 2009....
- LUNG CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION WITH CELECOXIB IN EX-SMOKERSJenny Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The finding from this pilot project will provide important insight into the design and conduct of future chemopreventive trials. ..
- Mechanism of Endothelial Dysfunction in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will lead to the development of novel therapeutic targets for the high-risk diabetic patients and may identify subgroups of patients that would be more suitable for these new treatment strategies. ..
- MMP-9-Dependent Vessel Wall Remodeling is NO-DependentGilbert Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Given recent evidence that MMP-9 (alternatively known as the 92 kD gelatinase or gelatinase B) plays a key role in aneurysm development in vivo, special emphasis will be placed on interactions between NO ..
- Oxidative Mechanisms of Arsenic-induced CarcinogenesisKe Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cerebrovascular mechanisms of ischemic injury in diabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACT,a pathophysiological inhibitor of MMP-9 activationYuan Ping Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding the function, structure and regulation of the inhibitor can provide information for future application in developing of therapy for abnormal wounds and cancer metastasis. ..
- Matrix metalloproteinases as biomarkers of neurodegenerationVeronica Shubayev; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatic Stellate Cell Derived MMP9 in Liver FibrogenesisYuan Ping Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..serve as potent dual signals to provoke and perpetuate early HSC activation via induction and activation of pro-MMP9 and MMP-13 while the loss of this MMP inducibility in fully-activated HSC underlie progressive fibrogenesis...
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- INTEGRATIVE PROGRAM IN CNS PATHOPHYSIOLOGY RESEARCHKe Jian Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular Protection & Endothelin B Receptors in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..