Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp3
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 3
Alias: stromelysin-1, MMP-3, PTR1 protein, SL-1, matrix metalloproteinase-3, transin-1
- Leong D, Gu X, Li Y, Lee J, Laudier D, Majeska R, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-3 in articular cartilage is upregulated by joint immobilization and suppressed by passive joint motion. Matrix Biol. 2010;29:420-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that biomechanical forces have the potential to combat cartilage destruction and can be critical in developing effective therapeutic strategies. ..
- Park J, Shin K, Kim Y. Polymorphism of matrix metalloproteinase-3 promoter gene as a risk factor for coronary artery lesions in Kawasaki disease. J Korean Med Sci. 2005;20:607-11 pubmed..0036). However, no significant differences in the allele and genotype distributions of the MMP-9 polymorphism were observed. These findings suggest that MMP-3 6A/6A genotype may be an independent risk factor for CAL formation in KD. ..
- Zheng L, Amano K, Iohara K, Ito M, Imabayashi K, Into T, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-3 accelerates wound healing following dental pulp injury. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1905-14 pubmed publisher..These results provide suggestive evidence that MMP-3 released from endothelial cells and/or endothelial progenitor cells in injured pulp plays critical roles in angiogenesis and pulp wound healing. ..
- Boyan B, Schwartz Z. 1,25-Dihydroxy vitamin D3 is an autocrine regulator of extracellular matrix turnover and growth factor release via ERp60-activated matrix vesicle matrix metalloproteinases. Cells Tissues Organs. 2009;189:70-4 pubmed publisher..Chondrocytes secrete 1,25(OH)(2)D(3), which acts directly on MV-membranes via ERp60, releasing MMPs. MMP-specific ECM components are hydrolyzed, resulting in release and activation of growth factors that can act back on the cells. ..
- Horne B, Camp N, Carlquist J, Muhlestein J, Kolek M, Nicholas Z, et al. Multiple-polymorphism associations of 7 matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitor metalloproteinase genes with myocardial infarction and angiographic coronary artery disease. Am Heart J. 2007;154:751-8 pubmed
- Manicourt D, Bevilacqua M, Righini V, Famaey J, Devogelaer J. Comparative effect of nimesulide and ibuprofen on the urinary levels of collagen type II C-telopeptide degradation products and on the serum levels of hyaluronan and matrix metalloproteinases-3 and -13 in patients with flare-up of osteoarthritis. Drugs R D. 2005;6:261-71 pubmed..Patients with flare-up of their osteoarthritis disease process exhibit enhanced levels of markers of joint inflammation and cartilage collagen breakdown, which were markedly decreased by nimesulide but not by ibuprofen. ..
- Huang W, Ao P, Li J, Wu T, Xu L, Deng Z, et al. Autophagy Protects Advanced Glycation End Product-Induced Apoptosis and Expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13 in Rat Chondrocytes. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:6341919 pubmed publisher..We therefore demonstrated that autophagy is linked with AGE-related pathology in rat chondrocytes and plays a protective role in AGE-induced apoptosis and expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13. ..
- Chien E, Ji H, Feltovich H, Clark K. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-3 in the rat cervix during pregnancy and in response to prostaglandin E2. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005;192:309-17 pubmed
- Lombardi F, Belletti S, Battezzati P, Pacciolla R, Biondi M. MMP-1 and MMP-3 polymorphism and arrhythmia recurrence after electrical cardioversion in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2011;12:37-42 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that genetic factors contribute to determine arrhythmic recurrence rate in persistent atrial fibrillation. ..
- Yurube T, Nishida K, Suzuki T, Kaneyama S, Zhang Z, Kakutani K, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-3 gene up-regulation in a rat tail compression loading-induced disc degeneration model. J Orthop Res. 2010;28:1026-32 pubmed publisher..This model should prove useful for investigating the pathomechanism and for evaluating molecular therapies for degenerative disc disease. ..
- Ahmed A, El Nahas A, Johnson T. Changes in matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in kidney transplant recipients. Exp Clin Transplant. 2012;10:332-43 pubmed..Some of these changes originate from implantation. ..
- Jalal F, Yang Y, Thompson J, Lopez A, Rosenberg G. Myelin loss associated with neuroinflammation in hypertensive rats. Stroke. 2012;43:1115-22 pubmed publisher..Neuroinflammation is an important factor in white matter damage and Ol death, and studies using this new model can be performed to assess agents to block inflammation. ..
- Zhang Y, Li W, Yao L, Zhao X, Wang B, Li H, et al. Expression changes and roles of matrix metalloproteinases in a rat model of traumatic deep vein thrombosis. Chin J Traumatol. 2010;13:188-92 pubmed..MMPs may affect the process of TDVT through transcription regulation of the fibrinolysis-anti-fibrinolytic system during the course of thrombosis and thrombus resolution. ..
- Liang Q, Xi Z, Bian Q, Cui X, Li C, Hou W, et al. Herb formula "Fufangqishe-Pill" prevents upright posture-induced intervertebral disc degeneration at the lumbar in rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;113:23-31 pubmed..These results suggest that FFQSP prevents lumbar IVD degeneration induced by upright posture. FFQSP is a promising medicine for lumbar IVD degeneration disease. ..
- Nishino K, Yamanouchi K, Naito K, Tojo H. Matrix metalloproteinases regulate mesonephric cell migration in developing XY gonads which correlates with the inhibition of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 by Sry. Dev Growth Differ. 2002;44:35-43 pubmed..These findings are an important clue for the elucidation of testicular formation in developing gonads. ..
- Lin C, Yang W, Chung M, Lee P. Functional polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinases-1, -3, -9 are associated with arteriovenous fistula patency in hemodialysis patients. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;5:1805-14 pubmed publisher..001). Specific genotypes of MMP-1, MMP-3 and MMP-9 with lower transcriptional activity are associated with higher frequencies of AVF failure, which may result from more accumulation of extracellular matrix, leading to AVF stenosis. ..
- Zhang X, Volpe E, Gandhi N, Schaumburg C, Siemasko K, Pangelinan S, et al. NK cells promote Th-17 mediated corneal barrier disruption in dry eye. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36822 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that the NK IELs are involved in the acute immune response to desiccation-induced dry eye by activating DC, which in turn coordinate generation of the pathogenic Th-17 response. ..
- Ishrat T, Pillai B, Ergul A, Hafez S, Fagan S. Candesartan reduces the hemorrhage associated with delayed tissue plasminogen activator treatment in rat embolic stroke. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:2668-77 pubmed publisher..An activation of MMP-9 alone is insufficient to cause increased hemorrhage in embolic stroke. Combination therapy with acute candesartan plus tPA may be beneficial in ameliorating tPA-induced hemorrhage after embolic stroke. ..
- Ward S, Wakamatsu T, Dogru M, Ibrahim O, Kaido M, Ogawa Y, et al. The role of oxidative stress and inflammation in conjunctivochalasis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1994-2002 pubmed publisher..Increased tear inflammation seemed to coexist with loss of conjunctival epithelial cohesiveness and increased collagenolytic activity, which may explain the conjunctival laxity observed in patients with conjunctivochalasis...
- McClain J, Phillips L, Fillmore H. Increased MMP-3 and CTGF expression during lipopolysaccharide-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration. Neurosci Lett. 2009;460:27-31 pubmed publisher..The temporal changes in MMP-3 and CTGF expression corresponded to the neurodegenerative phase of this model, suggesting that these two proteins may participate in neuroinflammation-induced DA neurotoxicity. ..
- Lievre A, Milet J, Carayol J, Le Corre D, Milan C, Pariente A, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of MMP1, MMP3 and MMP7 gene promoter and risk of colorectal adenoma. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:270 pubmedMatrix metalloproteinases (MMP) have been shown to play a role in colorectal cancer (CRC). More recently, MMP1, MMP3 and MMP7 functional gene promoter polymorphisms have been found to be associated with CRC occurrence and prognosis...
- Nishida K, Kuchiiwa S, Oiso S, Futagawa T, Masuda S, Takeda Y, et al. Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-3 in the dorsal root ganglion of rats with paclitaxel-induced neuropathy. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:1618-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the up-regulation of MMP-3 and following macrophage activation caused in the dorsal root ganglion might be a significant event to trigger a series of reactions developing paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathic pain. ..
- Tan Q, Jiang J, Luo D. [Effects of matrix metalloproteinase-3, osteopontin, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in the formation of cataract]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2006;31:737-41 pubmed..121, -0.289; P=0.516, 0.114). Increased expression of MMP-3 and OPN and the expression imbalance between MMP-3 and TIMP-1 may play a critical role in the pathogenesis of anterior subcapsular cataract. ..
- Umenishi F, Yasumitsu H, Ashida Y, Yamauti J, Umeda M, Miyazaki K. Purification and properties of extracellular matrix-degrading metallo-proteinase overproduced by Rous sarcoma virus-transformed rat liver cell line, and its identification as transin. J Biochem. 1990;108:537-43 pubmed..Analysis of its partial amino acid sequence and amino acid composition showed that the 57k proenzyme was identical or closely related to the putative protein transin, a rat homologue of stromelysin. ..
- Saghizadeh M, Brown D, Castellon R, Chwa M, Huang G, Ljubimova J, et al. Overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase-10 and matrix metalloproteinase-3 in human diabetic corneas: a possible mechanism of basement membrane and integrin alterations. Am J Pathol. 2001;158:723-34 pubmed..MMP-10 overexpressed in the diabetic corneal epithelium seems to be the major contributor to the observed changes in DR corneas. Such alterations may bring about epithelial adhesive abnormalities clinically seen in diabetic corneas. ..
- Ribbens C, Martin y Porras M, Franchimont N, Kaiser M, Jaspar J, Damas P, et al. Increased matrix metalloproteinase-3 serum levels in rheumatic diseases: relationship with synovitis and steroid treatment. Ann Rheum Dis. 2002;61:161-6 pubmed..They are normal in SLE, systemic sclerosis, and vasculitides as well as in non-rheumatic inflammatory controls, but are significantly increased by steroids. These data strongly suggest that serum MMP-3 reflects synovial inflammation. ..
- Yin J, Ren K, Huang Y, Gao G, Nong L, Xu N. Exploration about changes of IL-10, NF-?B and MMP-3 in a rat model of cervical spondylosis. Mol Immunol. 2018;93:184-188 pubmed publisher..And, compared with the control group, MMP-3 was significantly higher in test group at one-month (P<0.05). Cervical degeneration may accompanied with the changes of IL-10, NF-?B and MMP-3. ..
- Randall L, Hall R. Temperospatial expression of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, 3, and 9 during early tooth development. Connect Tissue Res. 2002;43:205-11 pubmed..Later on, during the cap stage, differential expression was observed; of note was the expression of MMP 3 within the enamel knot...
- Wang M, Qin X, Mudgett J, Ferguson T, Senior R, Welgus H. Matrix metalloproteinase deficiencies affect contact hypersensitivity: stromelysin-1 deficiency prevents the response and gelatinase B deficiency prolongs the response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6885-9 pubmed..These results indicate that stromelysin-1 and gelatinase B serve important functions in CHS. Stromelysin-1 is required for initiation of the response, whereas gelatinase B plays a critical role in its resolution. ..
- Zheng X, Chopp M, Lu Y, Buller B, Jiang F. MiR-15b and miR-152 reduce glioma cell invasion and angiogenesis via NRP-2 and MMP-3. Cancer Lett. 2013;329:146-54 pubmed publisher..In vitro tube formation assay data showed that miR-15b reduced tube formation. A preliminary pathway study indicated that miR-15b and miR-152 deactivated the MEK-ERK pathway via NRP-2 and MMP-3 in 9L cells, respectively. ..
- Mendes O, Kim H, Stoica G. Expression of MMP2, MMP9 and MMP3 in breast cancer brain metastasis in a rat model. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2005;22:237-46 pubmedIn order to study the expression of MMP2, MMP3 and MMP9 in breast cancer brain metastasis, we used a syngeneic rat model of distant metastasis of ENU1564, a carcinogen-induced mammary adenocarcinoma cell line...
- Koyama Y, Tanaka K. Endothelins stimulate the production of stromelysin-1 in cultured rat astrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:659-63 pubmed publisher..These results show that activation of astrocytic ET receptors stimulates the production of stromelysin-1, suggesting a role for ETs in stromelysin production in brain pathologies. ..
- Ahmed A, Schizas N, Li J, Ahmed M, Ostenson C, Salo P, et al. Type 2 diabetes impairs tendon repair after injury in a rat model. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2012;113:1784-91 pubmed publisher..Further our data suggest that therapeutic modulation of collagens or MMPs might be targets for new regenerative approaches in operated, injured, or maybe also degenerative tendon diseases in diabetes. ..
- Kao T, Peng Y, Tsou H, Salter D, Lee H. Nerve growth factor promotes expression of novel genes in intervertebral disc cells that regulate tissue degradation: Laboratory investigation. J Neurosurg Spine. 2014;21:653-61 pubmed publisher..increased expression of chitinase 3-like 1 (Chi3l1), lipocalin 2 (Lcn2), and matrix metalloproteinase-3 (Mmp3) following NGF stimulation of rat IVD cells in vitro...
- Takahara T, Zhang L, Yata Y, Xue F, Minemura M, Sato H, et al. Modulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in hepatic stellate cells by three-dimensional type I collagen: its activation and signaling pathway. Hepatol Res. 2003;26:318-326 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS: MMP-9 expression and activation is induced in HSCs by 3D-gel and this observed collagen-dependent induction of MMP-9 requires ERK1,2 activity. ..
- Kremer R, Best L, Savulescu D, Gavish M, Nagler R. Pleural fluid analysis of lung cancer vs benign inflammatory disease patients. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:1180-4 pubmed publisher..The relative simplicity in analysing these markers in any routine hospital laboratory may result in its acceptance as a new diagnostic tool. ..
- Meraz Cruz N, Beltran Montoya J, Estrada Gutierrez G, Vadillo Ortega F. [Identification of extracellular matrix metalloprotease 3 in the fetal membrane of the rat and its possible implication in the rupture of chorioamniotic membranes]. Ginecol Obstet Mex. 2006;74:671-7 pubmed..It is possible that the physiological function of this enzyme is implied, of a main way, in the process of rupture of corioamniotic membranes during the childbirth. ..
- Naito T, Tanihata Y, Nishimura H, Tanaka T, Higuchi C, Taguchi T, et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 associated with ets-1 proto-oncogene in rat tubulointerstitial cells. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2005;20:2333-48 pubmed..The Ets-1 transcriptional factor may participate in IL-1beta-mediated MMP-9 expression in tubulointerstitial cells. ..
- Li Y, McTiernan C, Feldman A. Proinflammatory cytokines regulate tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases and disintegrin metalloproteinase in cardiac cells. Cardiovasc Res. 1999;42:162-72 pubmed
- Miyata S, Nakatani Y, Hayashi N, Nakashima T. Matrix-degrading enzymes tissue plasminogen activator and matrix metalloprotease-3 in the hypothalamo-neurohypophysial system. Brain Res. 2005;1058:1-9 pubmed
- Babaei S, Bayat M. Pentoxifylline Accelerates Wound Healing Process by Modulating Gene Expression of MMP-1, MMP-3, and TIMP-1 in Normoglycemic Rats. J Invest Surg. 2015;28:196-201 pubmed publisher..There was a significant increase in TIMP-1 gene expression. Systemic administration of PTX significantly accelerated the wound healing process in NG rats. ..
- Hartmann B, Staedtler F, Hartmann N, Meingassner J, Firat H. Gene expression profiling of skin and draining lymph nodes of rats affected with cutaneous contact hypersensitivity. Inflamm Res. 2006;55:322-34 pubmed..In addition to previously reported transcript changes, the present findings suggest/support that plasma cells, mast cells, and a specific IFN-gamma pathway play a substantial role in the pathogenesis of ACD. ..
- Matrisian L, Leroy P, Ruhlmann C, Gesnel M, Breathnach R. Isolation of the oncogene and epidermal growth factor-induced transin gene: complex control in rat fibroblasts. Mol Cell Biol. 1986;6:1679-86 pubmed..The protein sequence encoded by the last four exons of the transin gene shows some homology to two regions of the heme-binding protein hemopexin. ..
- Naito T, Razzaque M, Nazneen A, Liu D, Nihei H, Koji T, et al. Renal expression of the Ets-1 proto-oncogene during progression of rat crescentic glomerulonephritis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:2243-55 pubmed..These results indicate that overexpression of the ets-1 proto-oncogene by phenotypically altered renal cells might be associated with the pathogenesis of rat crescentic glomerulonephritis. ..
- Gantus M, Nasciutti L, Cruz C, Persechini P, Martinez A. Modulation of extracellular matrix components by metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors during degeneration and regeneration of rat sural nerve. Brain Res. 2006;1122:36-46 pubmed..These results indicate that the modifications of ECM components, which are favorable for nerve regeneration, are correlated with changes on the balance between MMPs and TIMPs. ..
- Chou L, Wang J, Chang P, Hsieh Y. Hyaluronan modulates accumulation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha, inducible nitric oxide synthase, and matrix metalloproteinase-3 in the synovium of rat adjuvant-induced arthritis model. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R90 pubmed publisher..factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha), inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), and matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP3) in the synovial tissues at the early phase of arthritic inflammation...
- Yang H, Gao F, Li X, Wang J, Liu H, Zheng Z. TGF-Î²1 antagonizes TNF-Î± induced up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase 3 in nucleus pulposus cells: role of the ERK1/2 pathway. Connect Tissue Res. 2015;56:461-8 pubmed publisher..has been shown to have a catabolic effect on intervertebral disc degeneration (IVDD), including increasing MMP3 expression and subsequent extracellular matrix (ECM) degradation...
- Sternlicht M, Lochter A, Sympson C, Huey B, Rougier J, Gray J, et al. The stromal proteinase MMP3/stromelysin-1 promotes mammary carcinogenesis. Cell. 1999;98:137-46 pubmed..Here we report that phenotypically normal mammary epithelial cells with tetracycline-regulated expression of MMP3/stromelysin-1 (Str1) form epithelial glandular structures in vivo without Str1 but form invasive mesenchymal-like ..
- Lee M, Hadi M, Hallden G, Aponte G. Peptide YY and neuropeptide Y induce villin expression, reduce adhesion, and enhance migration in small intestinal cells through the regulation of CD63, matrix metalloproteinase-3, and Cdc42 activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:125-36 pubmed
- Leigh D, Abreu E, Derwin K. Changes in gene expression of individual matrix metalloproteinases differ in response to mechanical unloading of tendon fascicles in explant culture. J Orthop Res. 2008;26:1306-12 pubmed publisher..However, changes in both MMP3 and MMP13 gene expression are rapid, dramatic, sustained, and changing during at least the first 48 h of unloaded ..
- Pauly T, Ratliff M, Pietrowski E, Neugebauer R, Schlicksupp A, Kirsch J, et al. Activity-dependent shedding of the NMDA receptor glycine binding site by matrix metalloproteinase 3: a PUTATIVE mechanism of postsynaptic plasticity. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2681 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that MMPs, and in particular MMP-3, are involved in the activity dependent alteration of NMDA receptor structure at postsynaptic membrane specializations in the CNS...
- Gerger A, Langsenlehner U, Renner W, Weitzer W, Eder T, Yazdani Biuki B, et al. A multigenic approach to predict breast cancer risk. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;104:159-64 pubmed..CART analysis of the data identified the heterozygous vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and matrix metalloproteinase 3 (MMP3) genotype and homozygous cyclooxygenase-2 (PTGS2) mutant as the initial splits, indicating that ..
- Wright J, Meighan P, Brown T, Wiediger R, Sorg B, Harding J. Habituation-induced neural plasticity in the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex mediated by MMP-3. Behav Brain Res. 2009;203:27-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that elevations in hippocampus and prefrontal cortex MMP-3 expression contribute to this simplest form of learning and may be a mechanism underlying spontaneous recovery. ..
- Hase N, Ozeki N, Hiyama T, Yamaguchi H, Kawai R, Kondo A, et al. Products of dentin matrix protein-1 degradation by interleukin-1Î²-induced matrix metalloproteinase-3 promote proliferation of odontoblastic cells. Biosci Trends. 2015;9:228-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our current study demonstrates the sequential involvement of Wnt5, MMP-3, DMP-1 expression, and DMP-1 degradation products by MMP-3, in effecting IL-1Î²-induced proliferation of ESC-derived odontoblast-like cells. ..
- Eguchi T, Kubota S, Kawata K, Mukudai Y, Uehara J, Ohgawara T, et al. Novel transcription-factor-like function of human matrix metalloproteinase 3 regulating the CTGF/CCN2 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2391-413 pubmed publisherb>Matrix metalloproteinase 3 (MMP3) is well known as a secretory endopeptidase that degrades extracellular matrices. Recent reports indicated the presence of MMPs in the nucleus (A. J. Kwon et al., FASEB J...
- Bradbury P, Zhai R, Hopkins J, Kulke M, Heist R, Singh S, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 1, 3 and 12 polymorphisms and esophageal adenocarcinoma risk and prognosis. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:793-8 pubmed publisher..A total of 313 EA cases and 455 age and gender frequency-matched controls were genotyped for MMP1 1G/2G, MMP3 6A/5A, MMP12 -82A/G and MMP12 1082A/G...
- Sanders J, van Goor H, Hanemaaijer R, Kallenberg C, Stegeman C. Renal expression of matrix metalloproteinases in human ANCA-associated glomerulonephritis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:1412-9 pubmed..Expression of glomerular and interstitial MMP-2, -3, -9 and TIMP-1 is increased in active ANCA-associated glomerulonephritis and correlates with inflammatory activity. ..
- KnaÅ› M, WoÅ‚osik K, Zalewska A, Mikucka Niczyporuk A, Kasacka I, Niczyporuk M. The skin remodeling in type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance animal models. Physiol Res. 2015;64:875-81 pubmedThe skin matrix metalloproteinase 3, tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase 2 and collagen III content changes in type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance treated with insulin and metformin were studied...
- Nakai K, Kawato T, Morita T, Iinuma T, Kamio N, Zhao N, et al. Angiotensin II induces the production of MMP-3 and MMP-13 through the MAPK signaling pathways via the AT(1) receptor in osteoblasts. Biochimie. 2013;95:922-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings suggest that Ang II does not influence the plasminogen/plasmin pathway in osteoblasts. ..
- Tas F, Duranyildiz D, Oguz H, Disci R, Kurul S, Yasasever V, et al. Serum matrix metalloproteinase-3 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in patients with malignant melanoma. Med Oncol. 2005;22:39-44 pubmed..However, much research still continues in this field and exciting new knowledge will ultimately emerge. ..
- Kim K, Park K, Chun K, Chung W. Honokiol inhibits the progression of collagen-induced arthritis by reducing levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinases and blocking oxidative tissue damage. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;114:69-78 pubmed..Thus, honokiol is an attractive candidate for an anti-arthritic agent. ..
- Lee J, Na W, Choi H, Lee K, Ju B, Yune T. Jmjd3 mediates blood-spinal cord barrier disruption after spinal cord injury by regulating MMP-3 and MMP-9 expressions. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;95:66-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that Jmjd3 regulation may serve as a potential therapeutic intervention for preserving BSCB integrity following SCI. ..
- Manicourt D, Fujimoto N, Obata K, Thonar E. Levels of circulating collagenase, stromelysin-1, and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases 1 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Relationship to serum levels of antigenic keratan sulfate and systemic parameters of inflammation. Arthritis Rheum. 1995;38:1031-9 pubmed
- Cozzolino M, Biondi M, Galassi A, Turri O, Brancaccio D, Gallieni M. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-3 gene promoter polymorphisms are associated with mortality in haemodialysis patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:2207-12 pubmed publisher..MMP1 and MMP3 contribute to the enlargement and instability of atherosclerotic plaque, respectively...
- De Couto Pita A, Borda E, Ganzinelli S, Passafaro D, Sterin Borda L. Cholinoceptor modulation on nitric oxide regulates prostaglandin E(2) and metalloproteinase-3 production in experimentally induced inflammation of rat dental pulp. J Endod. 2009;35:529-36 pubmed publisher..The capacity of pilocarpine to prevent iNOS activity, PGE(2), and MMP-3 by acting on mAChR mutation induced by pulpitis might be useful therapeutically as a local treatment. ..
- Wada K, Sato H, Kinoh H, Kajita M, Yamamoto H, Seiki M. Cloning of three Caenorhabditis elegans genes potentially encoding novel matrix metalloproteinases. Gene. 1998;211:57-62 pubmed..elegans MMPs are structurally closely related with those of mammalian MMPs. ..
- Meraz Cruz N, Ortega A, Estrada Gutierrez G, Flores A, Espejel A, Hernandez Guerrero C, et al. Identification of a calcium-dependent matrix metalloproteinase complex in rat chorioallantoid membranes during labour. Mol Hum Reprod. 2006;12:633-41 pubmed..This complex provides a potential mechanism for the enzymatic regulation of MMPs, which may participate in connective tissue degradation leading to the rupture of the fetal membranes during labour. ..
- McCawley L, Wright J, Lafleur B, Crawford H, Matrisian L. Keratinocyte expression of MMP3 enhances differentiation and prevents tumor establishment. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1528-39 pubmed publisher..We previously demonstrated that MMP3-null animals have an increased sensitivity to the development of squamous cell carcinoma, suggesting that overall, ..
- Matrisian L, Glaichenhaus N, Gesnel M, Breathnach R. Epidermal growth factor and oncogenes induce transcription of the same cellular mRNA in rat fibroblasts. EMBO J. 1985;4:1435-40 pubmed..Our results point to the existence of intracellular mechanisms that are common to the action of both growth factors and oncogenes. ..
- Nishijima C, Hayakawa I, Matsushita T, Komura K, Hasegawa M, Takehara K, et al. Autoantibody against matrix metalloproteinase-3 in patients with systemic sclerosis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2004;138:357-63 pubmed..These results suggest that anti-MMP-3 antibody is a serological marker that reflects the severity of SSc and also suggest that it may contribute to the development of fibrosis by inhibiting MMP-3 activity and reducing the ECM turnover. ..
- Zhang Y, Ross A. Retinoic acid and the transcription factor MafB act together and differentially to regulate aggrecan and matrix metalloproteinase gene expression in neonatal chondrocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:471-9 pubmed publisher..These results support a role for MafB as a regulator of chondrocyte gene expression and matrix formation via control of aggrecan, MMP3 and MMP13 expression, and indicate an important role for RA in the regulation of MafB.
- Sahin H, Tholema N, Petersen W, Raschke M, Stange R. Impaired biomechanical properties correlate with neoangiogenesis as well as VEGF and MMP-3 expression during rat patellar tendon healing. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1952-7 pubmed publisher..The therapeutical modulation of neoangiogenesis by influencing the level of VEGF and MMP-3 might be a promising target for new approaches in degenerative tendon diseases. 30:1952-1957, 2012. ..
- Christianson C, Fitzsimmons B, Shim J, Agrawal A, Cohen S, Hua X, et al. Spinal matrix metalloproteinase 3 mediates inflammatory hyperalgesia via a tumor necrosis factor-dependent mechanism. Neuroscience. 2012;200:199-210 pubmed publisher..These findings thus present direct evidence implicating MMP-3 in the coordination of spinal nociceptive processing via a spinal TNF-dependent mechanism. ..
- Kaschina E, Stoll M, Sommerfeld M, Steckelings U, Kreutz R, Unger T. Genetic kininogen deficiency contributes to aortic aneurysm formation but not to atherosclerosis. Physiol Genomics. 2004;19:41-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that genetic kininogen deficiency renders vascular tissue prone to aneurysmatic but not to atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- Maclean J, Lee C, Alini M, Iatridis J. The effects of short-term load duration on anabolic and catabolic gene expression in the rat tail intervertebral disc. J Orthop Res. 2005;23:1120-7 pubmed..In the annulus, mRNA levels increased for Collagen types I & II, and MMP 3 & 13 with increasing load duration...
- Kelly B, Bond B, Poston L. Aortic adaptation to pregnancy: elevated expression of matrix metalloproteinases-2 and -3 in rat gestation. Mol Hum Reprod. 2004;10:331-7 pubmed..These data suggest that MMP-2 and MMP-3 may contribute to adaptive processes in the maternal rat aorta at different gestations and further support a role for this family of enzymes in physiological vascular remodelling. ..
- Xu S, Wang C, Zhao W, Chu J, Liu W, Li M. [Correlation between matrix metalloproteinases activities and myocardial injury in neonatal rats after asphyxia]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2007;45:134-7 pubmed..The injuries of myocardium may be closely associated with myocardial tissue MMPs. MMPs may be used to evaluate the severity of myocardial interstitial damage. ..
- Kim K, Kim H, Joe E, Jou I. Matrix metalloproteinase-3 induction in rat brain astrocytes: focus on the role of two AP-1 elements. Biochem J. 2008;410:605-11 pubmed
- Bousserouel S, Gosse F, Bouhadjar M, Soler L, Marescaux J, Raul F. Long-term administration of aspirin inhibits tumour formation and triggers anti-neoplastic molecular changes in a pre-clinical model of colon carcinogenesis. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:511-7 pubmed..increase in mRNA levels of soluble inflammatory mediators (TNFalpha and IL-1beta) and metalloproteinases (MMP3 and MMP7)...