Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp2
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 2
Alias: 72 kDa type IV collagenase, 72 kDa gelatinase, MMP-2, gelatinase A, matrix metalloproteinase-2
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2-mediated occludin degradation and caveolin-1-mediated claudin-5 redistribution contribute to blood-brain barrier damage in early ischemic stroke stageJie Liu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of South China School of Medicine, Hengyang, Hunan 421001, China
J Neurosci 32:3044-57. 2012....
- Membrane type (MT) 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) and MMP-2 expression in ligature-induced periodontitis in the ratRon Achong
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Periodontol 74:494-500. 2003..In particular, MMP-2 and MMP-9 (gelatinase A and gelatinase B, respectively) have been identified as the predominant MMPs during periodontitis...
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-2 but not matrix metalloproteinase-3, matrix metalloproteinase-9, or tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 predicts outcome in patients with congestive heart failureJacob George
Department of Cardiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am Heart J 150:484-7. 2005..Herein we evaluated the potential significance of circulating MMP and TIMP levels in patients with congestive HF (CHF) speculating it may assume prognostic value...
- Role of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the progression of cerebral aneurysmsTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Stroke 38:2337-45. 2007..We investigated the role of TIMPs in the progression of cerebral aneurysms in the present study...
- Temperospatial expression of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, 3, and 9 during early tooth developmentL E Randall
Department of Basic Dental Science, University of Wales College of Medicine, Dental School, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF4 4XY, United Kingdom
Connect Tissue Res 43:205-11. 2002..This study reports the temperospatial expression of MMPs 1, 2, 3, and 9 during early tooth development, and points to them having a key role during this important developmental period...
- Early MT-1 MMP expression following elastase exposure is associated with increased cleaved MMP-2 activity in experimental rodent aortic aneurysmsIndranil Sinha
Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0329, USA
Surgery 136:176-82. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine the significance of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) activation of MMP-2 in experimental abdominal aortic aneurysms...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in hepatic stellate cells during rat hepatic fibrosis and its intervention by IL-10Wei Da Zheng
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350001, Fujian Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:1753-8. 2005..To investigate the expression of matrix metallopr-oteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in hepatic fibrosis and the antifibrogenic role of exogenous interleukin-10 (IL-10)...
- Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and membrane-type 1-matrix metalloproteinase were coupled with that of type I procollagen in granulation tissue response after the onset of aortic dissectionMasatoshi Akiyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Virchows Arch 448:811-21. 2006....
- Altered expression of matrix-related molecules in the development of chronic Thy1.1 nephritisTakayuki Kuroda
Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Nephron Exp Nephrol 104:e169-82. 2006..Matrix production and degradation are critically important in chronic nephritis. Our aim was to investigate the precise expression of matrix-related molecules which is essential for understanding the pathogenesis of renal disease...
- 1,25-Dihydroxy vitamin D3 is an autocrine regulator of extracellular matrix turnover and growth factor release via ERp60-activated matrix vesicle matrix metalloproteinasesB D Boyan
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0363, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 189:70-4. 2009..Chondrocytes secrete 1,25(OH)(2)D(3), which acts directly on MV-membranes via ERp60, releasing MMPs. MMP-specific ECM components are hydrolyzed, resulting in release and activation of growth factors that can act back on the cells...
- Effect of all-trans retinoic acid on renal expressions of matrix metalloproteinase-2, matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in rats with glomerulosclerosisYuan Han Qin
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, 530021, China
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1477-86. 2009....
- Increased expression of HIF-1alpha, VEGF-A and its receptors, MMP-2, TIMP-1, and ADAMTS-1 at the venous stenosis of arteriovenous fistula in a mouse model with renal insufficiencySanjay Misra
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Alfred 6460, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:1255-61. 2010....
- Angiotensin II-induced smooth muscle cell migration is mediated by LDL receptor-related protein 1 via regulation of matrix metalloproteinase 2 expressionHae Ok Jung
Cardiovascular Center, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:577-82. 2010..Here, we reveal a novel mechanism by which LRP1 induces the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) and thereby promotes the migration of rat aortic SMCs (RAoSMCs)...
- NDRG2 ameliorates hepatic fibrosis by inhibiting the TGF-β1/Smad pathway and altering the MMP2/TIMP2 ratio in ratsJiandong Yang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
PLoS ONE 6:e27710. 2011..Moreover, NDRG2 contributed to an increase in the ratio of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) to tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP2), which may facilitate the degradation ..
- Distinct expression of gelatinase A [matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2], collagenase-3 (MMP-13), membrane type MMP 1 (MMP-14), and tissue inhibitor of MMPs type 1 mediated by physiological signals during formation and regression of the rat corpus luteumK Liu
Department of Medical Biosciences, Medical Biochemistry, Umea University, Sweden
Endocrinology 140:5330-8. 1999..we have examined the physiological regulation pattern and cellular distribution of messenger RNAs coding for gelatinase A (MMP-2), collagenase-3 (MMP-13), membrane type MMP 1 (MT1-MMP, MMP-14), and the major MMP inhibitor, tissue ..
- Angiotensin type 1 receptor blockage improves ischemic injury following transient focal cerebral ischemiaN Hosomi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Stroke, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Neuroscience 134:225-31. 2005..Angiotensin type 1 receptor stimulation may be one of the important factors that cause cerebral edema following cerebral ischemia, and that its inhibition may be of therapeutic advantage in cerebral ischemia...
- Upregulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases-1 (TIMP-1) and procollagen-N-peptidase in hypertension-induced renal damageMichael Hultström
Renal Research Group, Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:896-903. 2008....
- Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase, matrix metalloproteinase 2, and tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 in prostate cancer: identification of patients with poor prognosis by immunohistochemistryDominique Trudel
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUQ and Université Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Hum Pathol 39:731-9. 2008..Membrane-type-1 MMP (MMP14) activates MMP2 using pro-MMP2 specific inhibitor, tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 (TIMP2), as a receptor...
- Antidepressant treatments regulate matrix metalloproteinases-2 and -9 (MMP-2/MMP-9) and tissue inhibitors of the metalloproteinases (TIMPS 1-4) in the adult rat hippocampusMadhurima Benekareddy
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai 400005, India
Synapse 62:590-600. 2008....
- Endothelin-1 receptor antagonists prevent the development of pulmonary emphysema in ratsY Chen
First Dept of Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Eur Respir J 35:904-12. 2010..ET-1 may cause emphysematous changes through molecular pathogenesis pathways involving apoptosis, proteinase and antiproteinase imbalance, inflammation and oxidative stress...
- Long-term overexpression of membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase and matrix metalloproteinase-2 in oleic acid-induced pancreatitis in ratsTaizo Yamaguchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan
Pancreas 24:348-56. 2002..However, little is known about the roles of MMP-2 and type IV collagen, and the relationship between MMP-2 and membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) during progressive destruction of acinar cells in pancreatitis...
- Type I collagen-induced MMP-2 activation coincides with up-regulation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and TIMP-2 in cardiac fibroblastsChun Guo
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, De Montfort University, Leicester LE1 9BH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:46699-708. 2003..These results suggest that the migration and invasion of cardiac fibroblasts is furin-dependent and that the active species of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 may be involved in both events...
- Membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-associated MMP-2 activation increases in the rat ovary in response to an ovulatory dose of human chorionic gonadotropinMisung Jo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Biol Reprod 70:1024-32. 2004..The increase in MT1-MMP mRNA may be an important part of the mechanism necessary for the efficient generation of active MMP-2 during the ovulatory process...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2, -9, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in patients with hypertensionGiuseppe Derosa
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Endothelium 13:227-31. 2006..0001) and for TIMP-1 (p < .0001) in hypertensive patients. Plasma levels and activities of MMP-2, MMP-9, and TIMP-1 are increased in hypertensive patients, which may reflect abnormal ECM metabolism...
- Cdc42 and RhoA have opposing roles in regulating membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase localization and matrix metalloproteinase-2 activationEric Ispanovic
School of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C600-10. 2008..Furthermore, VEGF-dependent activation of MMP-2 was reduced by inhibition of Cdc42. These results suggest that Cdc42 and RhoA have opposing roles in regulating cell surface localization of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 activation...
- Evolution of matrix metalloprotease and tissue inhibitor expression during heart failure progression in the infarcted ratJ T Peterson
Department of Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Company, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Cardiovasc Res 46:307-15. 2000....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 undergoes expression and activation during dendritic remodeling in adult hippocampusArek Szklarczyk
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Nencki Institute, PL 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Neurosci 22:920-30. 2002..This unique spatiotemporal pattern of MMP-9 expression suggests its involvement in activity-dependent remodeling of dendritic architecture with possible effects on synaptic physiology...
- Combinatorial interactions of p53, activating protein-2, and YB-1 with a single enhancer element regulate gelatinase A expression in neoplastic cellsPeter R Mertens
Department of Nephrology and Immunology, Medical Clinic II, RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:24875-82. 2002Gelatinase A, also denoted matrix metalloproteinase 2, plays multiple critical roles in the neoplastic process, including facilitation of neoangiogenesis and formation of distal metastases...
- Tumour metastasis suppressor, nm23-beta, inhibits gelatinase A transcription by interference with transactivator Y-box protein-1 (YB-1)Sunfa Cheng
Department of Medicine, San Francisco Veterans Affair Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco 94121, USA
Biochem J 366:807-16. 2002b>Gelatinase A transcriptional regulation is the consequence of combinatorial interactions with key promoter and enhancer elements identified within this gene...
- A functional activating protein 1 (AP-1) site regulates matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) transcription by cardiac cells through interactions with JunB-Fra1 and JunB-FosB heterodimersMarina R Bergman
Cardiology Section, Department of Medicine, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Biochem J 369:485-96. 2003..This report is the first demonstration that defined members of the Fos and Jun transcription-factor families specifically regulate this gene under conditions relevant to critical pathophysiological processes...
- Characterisation of matrix metalloproteinases and the effects of a broad-spectrum inhibitor (BB-1101) in peripheral nerve regenerationM Demestre
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Neuroscience 124:767-79. 2004....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression by vascular smooth muscle cells is mediated by both stimulatory and inhibitory signals in response to growth factorsGeorge M Risinger
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Biol Chem 281:25915-25. 2006....
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and mutant p53 is increased in hydatidiform mole as compared with normal placentaP Petignat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hormone Laboratory, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1679-84. 2006..MMP-2 and mutp53 are overexpressed in HM as compared with normal trophoblast and might participate in the invasive behavior of the HM...
- Endometrial tumor invasiveness is related to metalloproteinase 2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 expressionsO Graesslin
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1911-7. 2006..These results support the involvement of MMPs and TIMPs in endometrial tumor growth and progression. High MMP-2 and low TIMP-2 expression were the most potent markers of endometrial tumors with a high risk of local and distant spread...
- Cardiac matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression independently induces marked ventricular remodeling and systolic dysfunctionMarina R Bergman
Department of Medicine, San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center University of California, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1847-60. 2007..5 +/- 1.5 vs. MMP 4.7 +/- 2.0; P = 0.016). Expression of active MMP-2 is sufficient to induce severe ventricular remodeling and systolic dysfunction in the absence of superimposed injury...
- MMP2 role in breast cancer brain metastasis development and its regulation by TIMP2 and ERK1/2Odete Mendes
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 24:341-51. 2007b>Matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) is important in breast cancer (BC) invasion and metastasis. We previously reported that BC brain metastases, in a rat syngeneic model developed in our laboratory, have high expression and activity of MMP2...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 degrades the cytoskeletal protein alpha-actinin in peroxynitrite mediated myocardial injuryMiranda M Sung
Department of Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Research Group, 4 62 Heritage Medical Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
J Mol Cell Cardiol 43:429-36. 2007..Cardiac dysfunction induced by peroxynitrite involves degradation of alpha-actinin that may be mediated by the proteolytic action of MMP-2...
- Activity of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 and contents of their tissue inhibitors in uterine leiomyoma and corresponding myometriumMichał Bogusiewicz
Second Department of Gynecology, Medical University of Lublin, Lubin, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:541-6. 2007..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the activity of MMP-2 and MMP-9, the contents of their tissue inhibitors (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2) and the immunolocalization of collagen type IV in uterine leiomyoma and corresponding myometrium...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression and promoter/enhancer activity in skeletal muscle atrophyLaura K Skittone
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street 112, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Orthop Res 26:357-63. 2008..These findings show that increased MMP-2 activity in disused atrophic muscle and supporting tissues is regulated, at least in part, by increased MMP-2 promoter/enhancer activity...
- Distinct roles of matrix metalloproteases in the early- and late-phase development of neuropathic painYasuhiko Kawasaki
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Medical Research Building, Room 604, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Med 14:331-6. 2008..Inhibition of MMP may provide a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of neuropathic pain at different phases...
- The angiotensin-calcineurin-NFAT pathway mediates stretch-induced up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinases-2/-9 in atrial myocytesErol Saygili
Dept of Cardiology, Medical Clinic I, University Hospital Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 104:435-48. 2009....
- Early and late changes of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosisJi Young Kim
Department of Pathology, Pochon CHA University, College of Medicine, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Yonsei Med J 50:68-77. 2009....
- Gender-dependent differential phosphorylation in the ERK signaling pathway is associated with increased MMP2 activity in rat aortic smooth muscle cellsLauren K Ehrlichman
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Surg Res 160:18-24. 2010..The present experiments were conducted to explore the role of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways, potential upstream regulators of MMPs, in abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs)...
- Increased intranuclear matrix metalloproteinase activity in neurons interferes with oxidative DNA repair in focal cerebral ischemiaYi Yang
Department of Neurology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Neurochem 112:134-49. 2010..Our data suggest that intranuclear MMP activity cleaves PARP-1 and XRCC1, interfering with oxidative DNA repair. This novel role for MMPs could contribute to neuronal apoptosis in ischemic injuries...
- Mechanisms regulating invasiveness and growth of endometriosis lesions in rat experimental model and in humansNatalia Yu Sotnikova
Department of Clinical Immunology, Research State Institute of Maternity and Childhood, Ivanovo, Russia
Fertil Steril 93:2701-5. 2010..To compare the expression of MMP-2, TIMP-2, and TGFbeta2 mRNA in experimental and human endometriotic lesions and to assess the possibility of its cytokine regulation...
- MMP-2 is involved in synaptic remodeling after cochlear lesionMichaela Fredrich
Neurobiological Research Laboratory, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Neuroreport 21:324-7. 2010..These results indicate a major role of MMP-2 in lesion-induced remodeling of central auditory networks and suggest a cooperativity with GAP-43-directed axonal outgrowth and synaptogenesis...
- Interaction between sympathetic nervous system and renin angiotensin system on MMPs expression in juvenile rat aortaHoucine Dab
Université de Carthage, Tunisia
Gen Physiol Biophys 30:271-7. 2011..Combined inhibition of SNS and ANG II were more efficient than a single inhibition in reducing MMP amounts in rat vessels...
- Physiological regulation of MMPs and tPA/PAI in the arterial wall of rats by noradrenergic tone and angiotensin IIHoucine Dab
Université de Carthage, Unité de Physiologie Intégrée, Laboratoire de Pathologies Vasculaires, Faculte des Sciences de Bizerte, Tunisia
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 13:36-45. 2012..Overall, there is a synergic inhibition of both systems on the level of MMP-2 in AA...
- Intracellular action of matrix metalloproteinase-2 accounts for acute myocardial ischemia and reperfusion injuryWenjie Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Circulation 106:1543-9. 2002..The acute contractile defect of the heart after ischemia-reperfusion may involve the proteolytic degradation of the thin filament protein troponin I; however, the protease responsible for this remains obscure...
- Effect of interleukin-10 and platelet-derived growth factor on expressions of matrix metalloproteinases-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in rat fibrotic liver and cultured hepatic stellate cellsLi Juan Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, People s Hospital, Medical School of Wuhan University, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2574-9. 2004....
- Cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury induces matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression through the AP-1 components FosB and JunBMaria Alejandra Alfonso-Jaume
Dept of Medicine, 111J, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center Univ of California San Francisco, 4150 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1838-46. 2006..We conclude that enhanced MMP-2 transcription and translation following I/R injury are mediated by induction, via oxidant stress, of discrete AP-1 transcription factor components...
- MMP-2, VCAM-1 and NCAM-1 expression in the brain of rats with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis as a trigger mechanism for synaptic plasticity and pathologyKatica Jovanova-Nesic
Immunology Research Center, Department of Neuroimmunology, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
J Neuroimmunol 181:112-21. 2006....
- Low serum level of pro-matrix metalloproteinase 2 correlates with aggressive behavior in breast carcinomaPaula Kuvaja
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Oulu University Hospital, University of Oulu, PO Box 22, FIN 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
Hum Pathol 37:1316-23. 2006..Therefore, the different forms of circulating metalloproteinases need to be evaluated further to explore their full potential for clinical use...
- MMP/TIMP expression in spontaneously hypertensive heart failure rats: the effect of ACE- and MMP-inhibitionH Li
Department of Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Company, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Cardiovasc Res 46:298-306. 2000....
- Expression and activation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 in rat brain after transient focal cerebral ischemiaA M Planas
Departament de Farmacologia i Toxicologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 8:834-46. 2001..By means of zymography, Western blot and immunohistochemistry, we studied MMP-2 (gelatinase A) and MMP-9 (gelatinase B) in rat brain after focal cerebral ischemia...
- Transcriptional up-regulation of endothelial cell matrix metalloproteinase-2 in response to extracellular cues involves GATA-2Xiaoyan Han
School of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:47785-91. 2003....
- Matrix metalloproteinases are down-regulated in rat lenses exposed to oxidative stressMolykutty John
Section of Molecular Therapeutics, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 7, Room 202, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Eye Res 79:839-46. 2004..Moreover, in our model system, MMP inhibition, not induction, is associated with cataractogenesis...
- Interleukin-1beta enhanced action of kinins on extracellular matrix of spontaneous hypertensive rat cardiac fibroblastsChiharu Imai
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Clin Exp Hypertens 27:59-69. 2005....
- Combination of tumor necrosis factor-alpha ablation and matrix metalloproteinase inhibition prevents heart failure after pressure overload in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 knock-out miceZamaneh Kassiri
Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, University Health Network, Canada
Circ Res 97:380-90. 2005..Notably, combining TNFalpha ablation with MMP inhibition completely rescued heart disease in timp-3(-/-)-AB mice. This study provides a basis for anti-TNFalpha and MMP inhibitor combination therapy in heart disease...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 associated with ets-1 proto-oncogene in rat tubulointerstitial cellsTakashi Naito
Department of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University Daini Hospital, Arakawaku, Tokyo, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:2333-48. 2005..However, the role of the Ets-1-MMP axis in advanced renal diseases is uncertain. In the present study, we investigated whether Ets-1 is involved in interleukin (IL)-1-mediated expression of MMPs in tubulointerstitial cells...
- Age-related changes in the expression of gelatinase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase genes in mandibular condylar, growth plate, and articular cartilage in ratsIchiro Takahashi
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
J Mol Histol 36:355-66. 2005..Therefore, we concluded that TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 were general inhibitors of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in condylar cartilage, while TIMP-3 regulates the collagenolytic degradation of the hypertrophic cartilage matrix...
- Coordinated elevation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression in rat uterus during postpartum involutionKengo Manase
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16, Chuou ku, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:32. 2006..To understand the expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in the rat uterus, we analyzed their activities in postpartum uterine involution...
- MMP-2 in the left rat ventricle is increased by growth hormoneAnnemarie Brüel
Department of Connective Tissue Biology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Growth Horm IGF Res 16:193-201. 2006..89, P < 0.001) were time-dependently increased. These results indicate that MMP-2 may be involved in the remodelling process of the extracellular matrix in GH-induced cardiac hypertrophy...
- Biological and clinical significance of MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in non-small cell lung cancerPilar Iniesta
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Oncol Rep 17:217-23. 2007..Among these parameters, TIMP-1 level evaluation emerges as the main factor to predict the clinical outcome of patients...
- The arthritis severity locus Cia5d is a novel genetic regulator of the invasive properties of synovial fibroblastsTeresina Laragione
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:2296-306. 2008..However, regulation of the FLS remains incompletely understood. The aim of this study was to determine whether the invasive properties of FLS are genetically regulated by arthritis severity loci...
- Antioxidant treatment reduces matrix metalloproteinase-2-induced vascular changes in renovascular hypertensionMichele M Castro
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1298-307. 2009..05), MMP-2 levels, and MMP-2 activity in hypertensive rats (all p<0.05). Our results suggest that antioxidant approaches decrease MMP-2 upregulation and attenuate the vascular dysfunction and remodeling during 2K-1C hypertension...
- Morin regulates the expression of NF-kappaB-p65, COX-2 and matrix metalloproteinases in diethylnitrosamine induced rat hepatocellular carcinomaV Sivaramakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamilnadu, India
Chem Biol Interact 180:353-9. 2009..In conclusion, our findings indicate that morin possessed anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties favouring suppression of DEN-induced hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Rat forming incisor requires a rigorous ECM remodeling modulated by MMP/RECK balanceKatiucia Batista Silva Paiva
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Department of Oral Pathology, Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Mol Histol 40:201-7. 2009..Concluding, we found differential expression of MMPs-2, -9 and RECK in the different phases of amelogenesis, suggesting that the tissue remodeling is rigorously controlled during dental mineralization...
- Evidence for the involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in the cardiovascular effects produced by nicotineAnna L B Jacob-Ferreira
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 627:216-22. 2010..05). These findings suggest that nicotine produces cardiovascular effects involving MMPs. It is possible that MMPs inhibition may counteract the effects produced by nicotine...
- Chinese yellow wine and red wine inhibit matrix metalloproteinase-2 and improve atherosclerotic plaque in LDL receptor knockout miceHangyuan Guo
Department of Cardiology, Shaoxing People s Hospital, The First Affiliated Hospital of Shaoxing University, Zhejiang, 312000 China
Cardiovasc Ther 28:161-8. 2010..These results suggest that Chinese yellow wine and red wine can inhibit MMP-2 and improve atherosclerosis, and maybe both Chinese yellow wine and red wine have beneficial effects on cardiovascular disease by inhibiting MMP-2...
- Eugenol induces apoptosis and inhibits invasion and angiogenesis in a rat model of gastric carcinogenesis induced by MNNGPalrasu Manikandan
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Life Sci 86:936-41. 2010....
- Association of matrix metalloproteinase gene polymorphisms with refractive error in Amish and Ashkenazi familiesRobert Wojciechowski
Inherited Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4989-95. 2010..The genetic association of refractive error and polymorphisms in MMP and TIMP genes in Old Order Amish (AMISH) and Ashkenazi Jewish (ASHK) families was investigated...
- Analysis of MMP2 promoter polymorphisms in patients with pseudoxanthoma elasticumRalf Zarbock
Institut fur Laboratoriums und Transfusionsmedizin, Herz und Diabeteszentrum Nordrhein Westfalen, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Georgstrasse 11, 32545 Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 411:1487-90. 2010..The aim of the present study was to investigate the association of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the promoter of the MMP2 gene, and PXE.
- [The effect of culture supernatant from MSCs on the proliferation and expression of COX-2, MMP-2 in rat synovial cell line]He Jun Li
Institute of Clinical Immunology, Affiliated Union Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350001, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 42:114-8. 2011..To investigate the effect of culture supernatant form mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) on the proliferation of rat fibroblast-like synovial cell line RSC-364 and the expression of COX-2, MMP-2...
- MMPs 2 and 9 are essential for coronary collateral growth and are prominently regulated by p38 MAPKTracy Dodd
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 51:1015-25. 2011..Expression and activation of MMP 2 and 9 were significantly increased (~3.5 fold) on day 3 of RI in the CZ of SD rats...
- Induction of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) in estradiol valerate (EV) induced polycystic ovaryJin Ju Park
Department of Oral Histology and Developmental Biology, School of Dentistry, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 34:1389-97. 2011..Therefore, an increase in SLPI may be related to the suppression of tissue disruption, and act as a protease inhibitor in PCO, suggesting that SLPI increases independently of the estrogen concentration in pathological tissues...
- Deafferentation-induced redistribution of MMP-2, but not of MMP-9, depends on the emergence of GAP-43 positive axons in the adult rat cochlear nucleusMichaela Fredrich
Neurobiological Research Laboratory, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Freiburg, Killianst 5, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Neural Plast 2011:859359. 2011..In conclusion, GAP-43-containing axons emerging in AVCN after cochlear ablation seem to be causal for the maintenance of MMP-2-mediated ECM remodeling...
- Elevated expression of both MDR1 and MMP-2 genes in metastasized lymph node of invasive ductal breast cancerL S Lu
Department of General Surgery, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 16:2037-43. 2012..However, little evidence is available about the connections of multidrug resistance protein 1 (MDR1) and cancer invasion/metastasis so far...
- Regulation of MMP/TIMP by HUVEC transplantation attenuates ventricular remodeling in response to myocardial infarctionJin Sook Kwon
Research Laboratory of Cardiovascular Regeneration, Chonnam National University Hospital, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Life Sci 101:15-26. 2014..We elucidated the therapeutic potential of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) for ameliorating progressive heart failure in a myocardial infarction (MI) rat model...
- Inhibition of MMP-2 but not MMP-9 influences inner ear spiral ganglion neurons in vitroMichael Sung
Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Cell Mol Neurobiol 34:1011-21. 2014..Inhibition of MMP-9 had no influence on SGNs. The data suggest that MMPs, and more specifically MMP-2, influence the growth of developing afferent neurites in the mammalian inner ear in vivo...
- Cross-talk between macrophages, smooth muscle cells, and endothelial cells in response to cigarette smoke: the effects on MMP2 and 9Abhijit Ghosh
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 410:75-84. 2015..Fresh cells were treated with CSE-CM for 24 h and then maintained in serum-free medium (SFM) for 72 h to analyze MMP2 and MMP9 in media by zymography and the ratio (pS/pJ) of phospho-Stat3 (pStat3) and phospho-Jak2 (pJak2) inside the ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases in Primary Culture of CardiomyocytesN B Bildyug
Institute of Cytology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 80:1318-26. 2015..These data indicate that the cardiomyocyte contractile apparatus reorganization in culture is associated with synthesis and spatial organization of their own extracellular matrix...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in human gliomasA Nakano
Department of Neurosurgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Japan
J Neurosurg 83:298-307. 1995..expression of one to four MMP genes and two TIMP genes was found in 17 surgical glioma specimens, and one MMP (gelatinase A) gene and two TIMP genes were simultaneously expressed in tissue of three brains...
- Effect of a specific endothelin receptor A antagonist and an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor on glomerular mRNA levels for extracellular matrix components, metalloproteinases (MMP) and a tissue inhibitor of MMP in aminonucleoside nephrosisI Ebihara
Department of Medicine, Koto Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 12:1001-6. 1997....
- Matrix metalloproteinase 2 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in proximal tubules from the luminal side and progresses fibrosis in mineralocorticoid/salt-induced hypertensive ratsYoshitaka Iwazu
Department of Nephrology, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
J Hypertens 29:2440-53. 2011..Therefore, we investigated the role of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) in the epithelial-mesenchymal transition and fibrosis progression.
- Effect of hormone replacement therapy in matrix metalloproteinase expression and intimal hyperplasia development after vascular injuryDeidra J H Mountain
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 27:337-45. 2013..Herein we study the role of HRT in the development of IH in a postmenopausal rodent model of vascular injury and in the modulation of this MMP regulatory pathway in vivo...
- Expression and in-situ localization of genes coding for extracellular matrix proteins and extracellular matrix degrading proteases in pancreatic cancerT M Gress
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 62:407-13. 1995..Both stromal and tumor cells appear to be the source of MMPs and TIMPs in human pancreatic cancer...
- Tissue-specific enhancer-promoter interactions regulate high level constitutive expression of matrix metalloproteinase 2 by glomerular mesangial cellsS Harendza
Department of Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 270:18786-96. 1995The 72-kDa gelatinase A (MMP-2) is a central mediator of the response of the intrinsic glomerular mesangial cell to inflammatory stimuli and is regulated in a unique, cell-specific manner...
- Homology cloning of rat 72 kDa type IV collagenase: cytokine and second-messenger inducibility in glomerular mesangial cellsH P Marti
Department of Medicine, San Francisco VAMC University of California, San Francisco 94121
Biochem J 291:441-6. 1993..36, 790-801] have characterized at the protein level a 72 kDa type IV collagenase that is secreted by cultured human and rat MC...
- Differential spatial distribution and temporal regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase mRNA expression during rat central nervous system developmentN Fager
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Given C454, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Mech Dev 98:105-9. 2000..The results clearly demonstrate the unique spatial distribution and temporal regulation of TIMP expression and suggest a distinct role for each TIMP during CNS development...
- Preconditioning decreases ischemia/reperfusion-induced release and activation of matrix metalloproteinase-2Manoj M Lalu
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2S2
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:937-41. 2002..These results suggest that preconditioning may exert part of its cardioprotective effects through the reduction of MMP-2 release...
- Interactions of proteases, protease inhibitors, and the beta1 integrin/laminin gamma3 protein complex in the regulation of ectoplasmic specialization dynamics in the rat testisMichelle K Y Siu
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biol Reprod 70:945-64. 2004..The net result of this interaction likely regulates germ cell movement in the seminiferous epithelium...
- Osteoblasts and osteocytes express MMP2 and -8 and TIMP1, -2, and -3 along with extracellular matrix molecules during appositional bone formationKouki Hatori
Division of Advanced Prosthetic Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 277:262-71. 2004..Osteoblasts and osteocytes expressed MMP2 and -8, TIMP1, -2, and -3, as well as type I collagen, osteopontin, and osteocalcin in the course of the ..
- Comparison of expression of cathepsins B and L and MMP2 in endothelial cells and in capillary sprouting in collagen gelS Caserman
Department of Genetic Toxicology and Cancer Biology, National Institute of Biology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Biol Markers 19:120-9. 2004..In support of this finding, we demonstrated a significant increase in endogenous endothelial mRNA of MMP2, but not of cathepsins B and L, in proliferating primary human dermal microvascular endothelial cells (HMVEC-d) in ..
- Effect of ureteral obstruction on matrix metalloproteinase-2 in rat renal cortexOsamu Iimura
Department of Nephrology, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Minamikawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 8:223-9. 2004..These processes require degradation and remodeling of the extracellular matrix. In the present study, we examined changes in matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2), a proteolytic enzyme, in a unilateral ureteral obstruction rat kidney model...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase genes in the rat intramembranous bone during postnatal growth and upon mechanical stressesJohn M Collins
Tissue Engineering Laboratory Rm 237, University of Illinois at Chicago, MC 841, 801 South Paulina Street, Chicago, IL 60612 7211, USA
J Biomech 38:485-92. 2005..Taken together, these data suggest potentially important roles of MMP genes in the postnatal development of cranial sutures, and their susceptibility to mechanical stresses...
- Expression and mechanical modulation of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -2 genes in facial and cranial suturesRasha Al-Mubarak
Tissue Engineering Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago, MC 841, Chicago, IL 60612 7211, USA
Cell Tissue Res 321:465-71. 2005....
- Induction of heparanase gene expression in ventricular myocardium of rats with isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophyKeiichiro Kizaki
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori 034 8628, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 28:2331-4. 2005..Thus, heparanase and MMP-2 gene expressions are induced in the ventricle after chronic treatment with ISO, indicating that they might play an important role in development of ISO-induced cardiac hypertrophy...
- A novel homozygous MMP2 mutation in a family with Winchester syndromeC Rouzier
Department of Medical Genetics, Archet 2 Hospital, CHU Nice, France
Clin Genet 69:271-6. 2006..In 2001, two mutations in the matrix metalloproteinase 2 gene (MMP2) have been identified in two families with a NAO phenotype...
- 17beta-estradiol modulation of angiotensin II-stimulated response in cardiac fibroblastsJames A Stewart
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29209, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:97-107. 2006..These studies begin to elucidate the mechanisms of estrogen effects on myocardial remodeling and function...
- Sendai virus infection up-regulates trypsin I and matrix metalloproteinase-9, triggering viral multiplication and matrix degradation in rat lungs and lung L2 cellsH Yamada
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Arch Virol 151:2529-37. 2006..Up-regulation of proMMP-9 and its active convertase trypsin I seems to synergistically enhance virus multiplication and the destruction of lung matrix, resulting in the progression of pneumonia...
- Regulation of Angiogenesis During Wound HealingEric Howard; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF CELL MIGRATION IN VASCULAR REMODELINGEric Howard; Fiscal Year: 2002..The matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), gelatinase A, plays a significant role in this process by enabling cells to overcome matrix barriers, and also regulates ..
- ROLE OF MEMBRANES AND MINERALIZATION OF BONES AND TEETHBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..This work will have major implications for our understanding of MV and how cells that calcify their matrix are able to regulate these extracellular organelles at distant sites. ..
- BONE FACTORS AND ENDOCHONDRAL OSSIFICATIONBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is suggested that these results will provide insight into the role these factors play in bone development and repair. ..
- Influence of Sex and Gender on Musculoskeletal HealthBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Worldwide current and future clinical trials will be discussed. Short papers on the workshop topics, future directions, and scientific updates will be published via Internet and summary papers in peer-reviewed journals. ..
- Development of Hydrogel Spinal Disc ReplacementBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular Mechanisms For Thoracic Aortic AneurysmsJohn Ikonomidis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases in Gastric InjuryEmily Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..These facilities as well as close guidance and supervision from her sponsor will ensure success of the proposed project. [unreadable] [unreadable]..