Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp1a
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 1a (interstitial collagenase)
Alias: matrix metallopeptidase 1a, matrix metalloproteinase 1a (interstitial collagenase)
- Increased tissue microarray matrix metalloproteinase expression favors proteolysis in thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissectionsGeorge J Koullias
Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:2106-10; discussion 2110-1. 2004..We applied tissue microarray analysis to determine MMP profiles in a large group of surgically resected thoracic aneurysms and dissections...
- Evaluation of enzymes involved in proteoglycan degradation in the wall of abdominal aortic aneurysmsRadosław Kowalewski
Department of Vascular Surgery and Transplantology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Vasc Res 43:95-100. 2006....
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 in patients with an acute coronary syndromeTeruo Inoue
Department of Cardiology, Koshigaya Hospital, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Koshigaya, Saitama, Japan
Am J Cardiol 92:1461-4. 2003..Serum MMP levels appear to be a marker of plaque instability in patients with acute coronary syndrome...
- Polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase-1, -3, -9, and -12 genes in relation to subarachnoid hemorrhageB Zhang
Human Genetics Research Division, Clinical Neurosciences Research Division, University of Southampton, School of Medicine, UK
Stroke 32:2198-202. 2001..The possible impact of MMP gene polymorphisms on susceptibility to intracranial aneurysms is still controversial, with conflicting data from different reported studies...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-3 gene promoter polymorphisms are associated with carotid artery stenosisGiorgio Ghilardi
Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia, e Odontoiatria, Clinica Chirurgica Generale, Università degli Studi di Milano Polo S Paolo, Milan, Italy
Stroke 33:2408-12. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate a possible association between MMP polymorphisms and increased risk of internal carotid artery (ICA) stenosis...
- Lipodermatosclerosis is characterized by elevated expression and activation of matrix metalloproteinases: implications for venous ulcer formationY Herouy
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 111:822-7. 1998..Furthermore, MMP-2 was imbalanced by locally reduced expression of TIMP-2 in the basement membrane zone of lesional skin. Our findings indicate lipodermatosclerosis to be characterized by elevated matrix turnover...
- Enhanced angiotensin II-mediated effects in fibroblasts of patients with familial hypercholesterolemiaAnna Solini
Metabolism Section, Department of Internal Medicine University of Pisa, School of Medicine, Pisa, Italy
J Hypertens 23:367-74. 2005..We sought to determine whether AngII promotes proliferative and pro-atherogenic responses in FH patients...
- Opposing effects of emphysema, hay fever, and select genetic variants on lung cancer riskMatthew B Schabath
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Epidemiol 161:412-22. 2005..19, 0.66) protective genotypes as compared with none (OR = 0.69, 95% CI: 0.30, 1.59). The biologic role of respiratory disease in lung cancer is unclear. Further study may yield new insights for identification of susceptible subgroups...
- Inflammatory regulation of extracellular matrix remodeling in calcific aortic valve stenosisJens J Kaden
1st Department of Medicine Cardiology, Angiology, Pneumology, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Cardiovasc Pathol 14:80-7. 2005....
- Haplotype effect of the matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene on risk of myocardial infarctionEve Pearce
Human Genetics Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
Circ Res 97:1070-6. 2005..Haplotype-specific differences in MMP1 mRNA level in atherosclerotic tissues were also detected. The data indicate that MMP1 gene variation is a genetic factor contributing to interindividual differences in MI risk...
- Interstitial fibrosis in the heart: differences in extracellular matrix proteins and matrix metalloproteinases in end-stage dilated, ischaemic and valvular cardiomyopathyE Herpel
Department of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Histopathology 48:736-47. 2006..To investigate whether or not there are differences in the distribution of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in end-stage heart failure underlying different cardiomyopathies...
- A quantitative gene expression profile of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPS) and their inhibitors (TIMPS) in the myocardium of patients with deteriorating heart failure requiring left ventricular assist device supportLeanne E Felkin
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Heart Science Centre, Harefield, Middlesex
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:1413-9. 2006..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) play a key role in myocardial remodelling and heart failure. We hypothesized that MMP and TIMP expression would be altered in these patients...
- Genetic determinants of emphysema distribution in the national emphysema treatment trialDawn L DeMeo
Channing Laboratory, Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:42-8. 2007....
- MMP1 and MMP7 as potential peripheral blood biomarkers in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisIvan O Rosas
Dorothy P and Richard P Simmons Center for Interstitial Lung Diseases, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School ofMedicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Med 5:e93. 2008..The objective of this study was to determine whether there is a peripheral blood protein signature in IPF and whether components of this signature may serve as biomarkers for disease presence and progression...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 polymorphism is associated with persistent airway obstruction in asthma in the Taiwanese populationChien Da Huang
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Asthma 46:41-6. 2009..We investigated whether MMP-1 polymorphism is associated with persistent airway obstruction in asthma in the Taiwanese population...
- Matrix metalloprotease polymorphisms are associated with gas transfer in alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiencyChristopher J McAloon
Lung Investigation Unit, University Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Ther Adv Respir Dis 3:23-30. 2009..Matrix metalloproteinases [MMPs] are believed to be important in the pathophysiology of COPD, and may therefore confer susceptibility to this phenotype in patients with AATD...
- Evidence for vascular macrophage migration inhibitory factor in destabilization of human atherosclerotic plaquesYao zhong Kong
The First People s Foshan Hospital, Foshan, Guangdong, China
Cardiovasc Res 65:272-82. 2005..The aim of this study is to investigate the potential role of MIF in the destabilization of atherosclerotic plaques by stimulation of vascular MMP-1 expression...
- Levels of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in patients with and without coronary artery disease and relation to complex and noncomplex coronary plaquesRyuichi Kato
First Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Am J Cardiol 95:90-2. 2005..High serum levels of MMP-1 were associated with the presence of complex lesions in patients who had CAD...
- Matrix metalloproteinase and cytokine profiles in monocytes over the course of strokeM Kouwenhoven
J Clin Immunol 21:365-75. 2001..Such changes may contribute to the influx of blood-borne cells into the ischemic lesions during the acute phase of stroke...
- The role of matrix metalloproteinase polymorphisms in the rate of decline in lung functionLadina Joos
University of British Columbia McDonald Research Laboratories iCAPTURE Center, St Paul s Hospital, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 11:569-76. 2002..0007). These data suggest that polymorphisms in the MMP1 and MMP12 genes, but not MMP9, are either causative factors in smoking-related lung injury or are in linkage disequilibrium with causative polymorphisms...
- Elevated serum markers of collagen degradation in patients with mild to moderate dilated cardiomyopathyBodo Schwartzkopff
Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Pneumology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 4:439-4. 2002..In the present study, serological markers of collagen metabolism were investigated...
- Varicose veins possess greater quantities of MMP-1 than normal veins and demonstrate regional variation in MMP-1 and MMP-13D L Gillespie
Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Maryland 20854, USA
J Surg Res 106:233-8. 2002..In addition we hypothesized that there may be regional variation in the expression of these enzymes within the leg...
- Extracellular matrix disturbances in acute myocardial infarction: relation between disease severity and matrix metalloproteinase-1, and effects of magnesium pretreatment on reperfusion injuryKenji Ueshima
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Japan
Magnes Res 16:120-6. 2003..Additionally, to investigate whether magnesium (Mg) sulfate pretreatment inhibits myocardial damage in coronary reperfusion therapy for patients with AMI...
- Myocardial collagen turnover in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyRaffaella Lombardi
Department of Clinical Medicine, Cardiovascular and Immunological Sciences, Federico II University School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
Circulation 108:1455-60. 2003..Myocardial interstitial fibrosis is a characteristic of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). This study evaluates the collagen turnover in HCM and its impact on left ventricular (LV) diastolic function...
- Variation in the matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene and risk of coronary heart diseaseShu Ye
Human Genetics Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Eur Heart J 24:1668-71. 2003..In addition, we examined a polymorphism in the human MMP-3 gene that was previously reported to be associated with progression of coronary atherosclerosis...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in patients with myocardial infarction and percutaneous revascularizationRobert E Eckart
Cardiology Service ATTN MCHE MDC, Brooke Army Medical Center, 3851 Roger Brooke Drive, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX 78234 6200, USA
J Interv Cardiol 17:27-31. 2004..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are enzymes involved in extracellular matrix degradation. The extrapolation of the role MMPs play in the clinical setting of acute coronary syndromes has not yet been defined...
- Differences in matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-12 transcript levels among carotid atherosclerotic plaques with different histopathological characteristicsAngharad R Morgan
Human Genetics Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK
Stroke 35:1310-5. 2004..Here we investigated whether transcript levels of MMP-1, -3, -7, -9, and -12 in carotid atherosclerotic plaques were correlated with histological features and clinical manifestations...
- Downregulation of vascular matrix metalloproteinase inducer and activator proteins in hypertensive patientsAdviye Ergul
Program in Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Am J Hypertens 17:775-82. 2004..However, the expression pattern of the vascular MMP system in human hypertension remained unknown...
- Effect of combined genetic polymorphisms on lung cancer risk in northern Thai womenJaewwaew Klinchid
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 195:143-9. 2009..Confirmation would require further investigations with larger sample sizes...
- Mechanism of Endothelial Dysfunction in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will lead to the development of novel therapeutic targets for the high-risk diabetic patients and may identify subgroups of patients that would be more suitable for these new treatment strategies. ..
- Vascular Protection & Endothelin B Receptors in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Asthma Candidate Genes in Alpha 1-Antitrypsin DeficiencyDawn DeMeo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The identification of modifying factors of COPD in AAT deficiency may have significant public health relevance to COPD patients without AAT deficiency. ..
- Cerebrovascular mechanisms of ischemic injury in diabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identification of causal factors and molecular mechanisms responsible for disruption of vascular integrity in diabetes will advance stroke treatment by reducing the risk of hemorrhage and improve stroke outcome. ..
- Vascular Protection & Endothelin B Receptors in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..