Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp14
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 14
Alias: Mt1-mmp, matrix metalloproteinase-14, MMP-14, MT-MMP 1, MT1MMP, MTMMP1, matrix metallopeptidase 14 (membrane-inserted), matrix metalloproteinase 14 membrane-inserted, membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase, membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase 1
- Enhanced expression of membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase in mesangial proliferative glomerulonephritisK Hayashi
Department of Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 9:2262-71. 1998..Furthermore, the enhancement of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 expression associated with mesangial phenotypic change may contribute to the development of anti-Thy1.1 antibody-induced glomerulonephritis and remodeling of extracellular matrices...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors by rat NK cells: inhibition of their expression by genisteinM H Kim
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, and Institute for Cancer Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Texas, USA
In Vivo 14:557-64. 2000..Moreover, genistein greatly impaired the ability of RNK-16 cells to invade through a model basement membrane. This effect might be mediated by the observed down-regulation of MMP-13 and MT1-MMP...
- Distinct roles for the catalytic and hemopexin domains of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase in substrate degradation and cell migrationJian Cao
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14129-39. 2004..These data demonstrated that each domain of MT1-MMP plays a distinct role in substrate degradation and cell migration...
- Increased expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinases characterize embolic cardiac myxomasAugusto Orlandi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Tor Vergata University of Rome Via Montpellier 1, Rome, Italy
Am J Pathol 166:1619-28. 2005..Our results strongly suggest that MMP overexpression may contribute to an excessive degradation of tumor ECM and increase the risk of embolism in cardiac myxomas...
- Extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer regulates matrix metalloproteinase activity in cardiovascular cells: implications in acute myocardial infarctionRoland Schmidt
Deutsches Herzzentrum und Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Circulation 113:834-41. 2006..Thus, we studied EMMPRIN expression on monocytes in acute myocardial infarction (MI) and its potential relevance for MMP activation...
- Early events of overused supraspinatus tendons involve matrix metalloproteinases and EMMPRIN/CD147 in the absence of inflammationMohamed Attia
Laboratoire CRRET CNRS EAC 7149, Université Paris Est Créteil, Creteil Cedex, France
Am J Sports Med 41:908-17. 2013..A rat model of supraspinatus tendon overuse has been developed, which may be predictive of pathological tendon alterations...
- Early MT-1 MMP expression following elastase exposure is associated with increased cleaved MMP-2 activity in experimental rodent aortic aneurysmsIndranil Sinha
Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0329, USA
Surgery 136:176-82. 2004The objective of this study was to determine the significance of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) activation of MMP-2 in experimental abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Proprotein convertases regulate insulin-like growth factor 1-induced membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in VSMCs via endoproteolytic activation of the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptorPhilipp Stawowy
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 321:531-8. 2004..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that targeting furin-like PCs and thus inhibiting IGF-1R activation is a novel target to inhibit IGF-1-mediated signaling and cell functions, such as IGF-1-induced MT1-MMP/MMP-2 in VSMCs...
- Angiotensin type 1 receptor blockage improves ischemic injury following transient focal cerebral ischemiaN Hosomi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Stroke, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Neuroscience 134:225-31. 2005..Angiotensin type 1 receptor stimulation may be one of the important factors that cause cerebral edema following cerebral ischemia, and that its inhibition may be of therapeutic advantage in cerebral ischemia...
- Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and membrane-type 1-matrix metalloproteinase were coupled with that of type I procollagen in granulation tissue response after the onset of aortic dissectionMasatoshi Akiyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Virchows Arch 448:811-21. 2006....
- Coordinated elevation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression in rat uterus during postpartum involutionKengo Manase
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16, Chuou ku, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:32. 2006..To understand the expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in the rat uterus, we analyzed their activities in postpartum uterine involution...
- Indian hedgehog promotes the migration of rat activated pancreatic stellate cells by increasing membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase on the plasma membraneSatoshi Shinozaki
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
J Cell Physiol 216:38-46. 2008..These data indicate that Ihh promotes PSC migration by enhancing MT1-MMP localization on the plasma membrane but is negatively regulated by Gli-1...
- Cdc42 and RhoA have opposing roles in regulating membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase localization and matrix metalloproteinase-2 activationEric Ispanovic
School of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C600-10. 2008..Furthermore, VEGF-dependent activation of MMP-2 was reduced by inhibition of Cdc42. These results suggest that Cdc42 and RhoA have opposing roles in regulating cell surface localization of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 activation...
- Involvement of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) in RAGE activation signaling pathwaysMasashi Kamioka
Department of Cardiology and Hematology, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima, Japan
J Cell Physiol 226:1554-63. 2011....
- Expression and tissue localization of membrane-types 1, 2, and 3 matrix metalloproteinases in human invasive breast carcinomasH Ueno
Department of Molecular Immunology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Cancer Res 57:2055-60. 1997..These results suggest that MT1-MMP may play a key role in human breast carcinoma invasion and metastasis by being predominantly responsible for activation of proMMP-2...
- Type 1 metalloproteinase is selectively expressed in adult rat brain and can be rapidly up-regulated by kainateVictor N Ierusalimsky
Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology RAS, 5A Butlerova Street, Moscow 117485, Russia Electronic address
Acta Histochem 115:816-26. 2013..Thus, MMP-1 is present in several brain areas in normal conditions at a detectable level, and its expression increases after kainate-induced seizures...
- Angiotensin type 2 receptor stimulation ameliorates left ventricular fibrosis and dysfunction via regulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 1/matrix metalloproteinase 9 axis and transforming growth factor β1 in the rat heartDilyara Lauer
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Institute of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Hessische Strasse 3 4, D 10115 Berlin, Germany
Hypertension 63:e60-7. 2014....
- Activated hepatic stellate cells are dependent on self-collagen, cleaved by membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase for their growthNaoko Kubo Birukawa
From the Department of Molecular Target Exploration
J Biol Chem 289:20209-21. 2014..The intramolecular RGD motifs of collagen were exposed by cleavage with their own membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP). The following evidence supports this conclusion...
- Histological, histochemical, and protein changes after induced malocclusion by occlusion alteration of Wistar ratsCarolina de Souza Guerra
Department of Morphology, Physiology and Basic Pathology, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, FORP USP, P O Box 14040 904, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Biomed Res Int 2014:563463. 2014..This knowledge about morphology and molecular masticatory muscle remodeling following environmental interventions can be used to develop clinically successful treatments. ..
- Heterotrimeric G proteins directly regulate MMP14/membrane type-1 matrix metalloprotease: a novel mechanism for GPCR-EGFR transactivationAaron C Overland
From the Departments of Pharmacology and
J Biol Chem 290:9941-7. 2015..occur by a membrane-delimited process: direct increase in the activity of membrane type-1 matrix metalloprotease (MMP14, MT1-MMP) by heterotrimeric G proteins, and in turn, the generation of heparin-binding epidermal growth factor (HB-..
- A novel role of endothelium in activation of latent pro-membrane type 1 MMP and pro-MMP-2 in rat aortaSören Otto
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Technische Universitat Dresden, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 109:409-18. 2016..of elastic fibres in aorta due to angiotensin II (ANGII)-stimulated overactivation of latent membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1MMP) and matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP2) is regarded to represent an important cause of ..
- MT1-MMP and its potential role in the vertebrate intestinal morphogenesisK C Camargo
Department of Structural and Molecular Biology and Genetic Electronic address
Acta Histochem 118:729-735. 2016..However, further studies are necessary to confirm the role of MT1-MMP in this cellular process. In addition, we performed validation of the primary antibody against human MT1-MMP for adult chickens...
- MMP-14 promotes VSMC migration via up-regulating CD44 expression in cardiac allograft vasculopathyDaliang Yan
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, PR China Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory for Inflammation and Molecular Drug Target, Medical College, Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, PR China
Pathol Res Pract 212:1119-1125. 2016..Our results elucidate the molecular mechanism of VSMC migration after cardiac transplantation and provide theoretical basis for seeking new specific drug targets for CAV prevention and treatment...
- Expression and tissue localization of membrane-types 1, 2, and 3 matrix metalloproteinases in human urothelial carcinomasY Kitagawa
Department of Urology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
J Urol 160:1540-5. 1998..We examined the mRNA expression of MT-MMPs and the tissue immunolocalization of MT1-MMP in human urothelial carcinomas...
- Membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-associated MMP-2 activation increases in the rat ovary in response to an ovulatory dose of human chorionic gonadotropinMisung Jo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Biol Reprod 70:1024-32. 2004..The increase in MT1-MMP mRNA may be an important part of the mechanism necessary for the efficient generation of active MMP-2 during the ovulatory process...
- Membrane type (MT) 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) and MMP-2 expression in ligature-induced periodontitis in the ratRon Achong
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Periodontol 74:494-500. 2003..This study aims to elucidate the presence and localization of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 in periodontitis in a rat model...
- Type I collagen-induced MMP-2 activation coincides with up-regulation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and TIMP-2 in cardiac fibroblastsChun Guo
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, De Montfort University, Leicester LE1 9BH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:46699-708. 2003..These results suggest that the migration and invasion of cardiac fibroblasts is furin-dependent and that the active species of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 may be involved in both events...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and membrane-type 1 MMP (MT1-MMP) affect the remodeling of glomerulosclerosis in diabetic OLETF ratsKengo Furuichi
Division of Blood Purification, Kanazawa University Hospital, Kanazawa Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3124-31. 2011....
- Sequential IL-23 and IL-17 and increased Mmp8 and Mmp14 expression characterize the progression of an experimental model of periodontal disease in type 1 diabetesJuliete A F Silva
Department of Anatomy, Cell Biology, Physiology and Biophysics, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Cell Physiol 227:2441-50. 2012..Cytokine profile and expression levels of collagenases, Mmp14, and tissue inhibitors were determined, as were the numbers of neutrophils and macrophages in combined ..
- MT1-MMP expression in the odontogenic region of rat incisors undergoing interrupted eruptionNádia Fayez Omar
Department of Morphology, Faculty Odontology of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Mol Histol 42:505-11. 2011..Results indicate that MT1-MMP may have an important role in the process of dental eruption...
- Gubernaculum as icebreaker: do matrix metalloproteinases in rodent gubernaculum and inguinal fat pad permit testicular descent?James A Churchill
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Pediatr Surg 46:2353-7. 2011....
- Time course involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in the vascular alterations of renovascular hypertensionCarla S Ceron
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, 14049 900, Brazil
Matrix Biol 31:261-70. 2012..Using antioxidants or MMPs inhibitors in the early phase of hypertension may prevent the vascular alterations of hypertension...
- Is matrix metalloproteinase required in postnatal testicular tubules for germ cell maturation?Ruili Li
F Douglas Stephens Surgical Research Laboratory, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne 3052, Australia
J Pediatr Surg 47:1724-9. 2012..We aimed to investigate neonatal rodent testis matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) production to see whether MMPs loosen extracellular matrix between Sertoli cells to facilitate gonocyte movement...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteases (MMP-2, MT1 -MMP) and their tissue inhibitor (TIMP-2) by rat sertoli cells in culture: implications for spermatogenesisM Liliana Slongo
Department of Experimental Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Biol Chem 383:235-9. 2002....
- Regulation of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 by leptin in cardiac fibroblasts involves Rho/ROCK-dependent actin cytoskeletal reorganization and leads to enhanced cell migrationKristin Schram
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 152:2037-47. 2011..Subsequent pro-MMP-2 activation then contributes to stimulation of cell migration...
- Elevated expression of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (CD147) and membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases in venous leg ulcersJ Norgauer
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center, Hauptstrasse 7, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 147:1180-6. 2002..Extracellular MMP inducer (EMMPRIN; CD147) has been reported to increase MMP expression, and membrane type 1 MMP (MT1-MMP) has been implicated in the activation of MMPs...
- Increase of MT1-MMP, TIMP-2 and Ki-67 proteins in the odontogenic region of the rat incisor post-shortening procedureJose Rosa Gomes
Departamento de Biologia Estrutural Molecular e Genética, UEPG, Carlos Cavalcanti Avenue, 4748 Ponta Grossa, PR 84030 900, Brazil
J Mol Histol 41:333-41. 2010..This suggests that MT1-MMP and TIMP-2 may have some role in cell proliferation during the eruption of the rat incisor tooth...
- Sympathetic neurons express and secrete MMP-2 and MT1-MMP to control nerve sprouting via pro-NGF conversionErol Saygili
Department of Cardiology, Medical Clinic I, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:17-25. 2011..In summary, specific MMP-2 blockade prevents sympathetic nerve sprouting (SNS) by inhibition of pro-NGF conversion while losartan abolishes HFES-induced SNS by reducing total NGF, MMP-2 and MT1-MMP expression...
- Role of MT1-MMP in the osteogenic differentiationPaola Manduca
Genetics, DIBIO, University of Genoa, 26, C Europa, Genoa 16132, Italy
Bone 44:251-65. 2009..MT1-MMP has multiple functions and is implicated in multiple steps of the differentiation process, acting to regulate homeostasis of the osteogenic differentiation...
- The arthritis severity locus Cia5d is a novel genetic regulator of the invasive properties of synovial fibroblastsTeresina Laragione
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:2296-306. 2008..However, regulation of the FLS remains incompletely understood. The aim of this study was to determine whether the invasive properties of FLS are genetically regulated by arthritis severity loci...
- Immunocytochemical and biochemical detection of EMMPRIN in the rat tooth germ: differentiation-dependent co-expression with MMPs and co-localization with caveolin-1 in membrane rafts of dental epithelial cellsW Schwab
Institute of Anatomy, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Fiedlerstr 42, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 128:195-203. 2007..The localization of EMMPRIN in membrane rafts provides a basis for further investigations on the role of caveolin-1 in EMMPRIN-mediated signal transduction cascades in ameloblasts...
- The role of proteases in fibronectin matrix remodeling in thyroid epithelial cell monolayer culturesLuigi Nezi
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, CNR, Dpt Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Napoli, Italy
Biol Chem 383:167-76. 2002..These results indicate that in the FN remodeling process, occurring during FRT epithelium maturation, both plasmin-dependent (tPA activated) and plasmin-independent proteolytic activities are involved...
- Differential regulation of matrix metalloproteinase activities in abdominal aortic aneurysmsBorhane Annabi
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Centre de cancérologie Charles Bruneau, Hôpital Sainte Justine UQAM, Montreal, PQ, Canada
J Vasc Surg 35:539-46. 2002..In this study, we assessed the expression levels and the functional regulation of several MMPs in the pathogenesis of AAAs...
- Macrophage-derived MT1-MMP and increased MMP-2 activity are associated with glomerular damage in crescentic glomerulonephritisK Hayashi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pathol 191:299-305. 2000....
- Evolution of matrix metalloprotease and tissue inhibitor expression during heart failure progression in the infarcted ratJ T Peterson
Department of Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Company, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Cardiovasc Res 46:307-15. 2000....
- Vascular extracellular matrix remodeling in cerebral aneurysmsG Bruno
Cerebrovascular Research Laboratory, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Neurosurg 89:431-40. 1998..The purpose of the present study was to determine whether active extracellular matrix remodeling occurs within cerebral aneurysms...
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase (MT-MMP) gene is expressed in stromal cells of human colon, breast, and head and neck carcinomasA Okada
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Louis Pasteur Collège de France, Illkirch
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:2730-4. 1995....
- MT1-matrix metalloproteinase directs arterial wall invasion and neointima formation by vascular smooth muscle cellsSergey Filippov
Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Exp Med 202:663-71. 2005..These studies suggest that therapeutic interventions designed to target MT1-MMP could prove beneficial in a range of human vascular disease states associated with the destructive remodeling of the vessel wall extracellular matrix...
- Cleavage of focal adhesion kinase in vascular smooth muscle cells overexpressing membrane-type matrix metalloproteinasesTomoko Shofuda
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Wash 98195 6410, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:839-44. 2004..Because integrin-mediated cell adhesion regulates these events, we have investigated the functional relationship between MT-MMPs and focal adhesion assembly...
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MT1-MMP) is down-regulated in estrogen-deficient rat osteoblast in vivoE Y Liao
Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
J Endocrinol Invest 27:1-5. 2004..There is evidence suggesting a role for MT1-MMP in the process of bone loss during the pathogenesis of osteoporosis...
- Angiotensin II signals mechanical stretch-induced cardiac matrix metalloproteinase expression via JAK-STAT pathwayTzong Luen Wang
Department of Emergency Department, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 37:785-94. 2004..The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that angiotensin II is a potential mediator of stretch-induced activation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP)...
- MAPK signaling regulates endothelial cell assembly into networks and expression of MT1-MMP and MMP-2Pamela J Boyd
School of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, Farquharson Bldg, Rm 341, York University, 4700 Keele St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C659-68. 2005....
- Basal membrane remodeling during follicle histogenesis in the rat ovary: contribution of proteinases of the MMP and PA familiesSéverine Mazaud
Laboratoire de Physiologie et Physiopathologie, CNRS UMR 7079, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Dev Biol 277:403-16. 2005....
- Matrix metalloproteinases are down-regulated in rat lenses exposed to oxidative stressMolykutty John
Section of Molecular Therapeutics, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 7, Room 202, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Eye Res 79:839-46. 2004..Moreover, in our model system, MMP inhibition, not induction, is associated with cataractogenesis...
- Expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases and vascular endothelial growth factor during epiphyseal ossificationJesus Alvarez
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia del Principado de Asturias IUOPA, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
J Bone Miner Res 20:1011-21. 2005..MMPs were widely expressed during ossification of the secondary center, whereas expression of VEGF was restricted to later stages...
- Combination of tumor necrosis factor-alpha ablation and matrix metalloproteinase inhibition prevents heart failure after pressure overload in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 knock-out miceZamaneh Kassiri
Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, University Health Network, Canada
Circ Res 97:380-90. 2005..Notably, combining TNFalpha ablation with MMP inhibition completely rescued heart disease in timp-3(-/-)-AB mice. This study provides a basis for anti-TNFalpha and MMP inhibitor combination therapy in heart disease...
- Ischemia-induced cleavage of cadherins in NRK cells requires MT1-MMP (MMP-14)Marisa D Covington
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Medicine, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, Texas, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290:F43-51. 2006..These results demonstrate that ischemia induces increased expression of active MT1-MMP and subsequent disruption of cadherin/catenin complexes, implying that MT1-MMP plays a role in ischemia-induced ARF...
- Increased expression and cell surface localization of MT1-MMP plays a role in stimulation of MMP-2 activity by leptin in neonatal rat cardiac myofibroblastsKristin Schram
York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:874-81. 2008....
- Differential transcriptional activation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase by experimental deep venous thrombosis and thrombinSia Dahi
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California San Francisco, USA
J Vasc Surg 42:539-45. 2005..We hypothesized that MMP-2 and its membrane-bound activator membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) expression would be expressed and activated during the resolution of DVT...
- Role of intracellular S100A4 for migration of rat astrocytesKeizo Takenaga
Division of Chemotherapy, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba, Japan
Glia 53:313-21. 2006..These findings indicate that S100A4 has a stabilizing function in reactive white matter astrocytes, a function that may contribute to the development of a rigid, growth-inhibitory glial scar...
- Expression and localization of MT1-MMP and furin in the glomerular wall of short- and long-term diabetic ratsE Boucher
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Kidney Int 69:1570-7. 2006....
- Upregulation of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN) and gelatinases in human atherosclerosis infected with Chlamydia pneumoniae: the potential role of Chlamydia pneumoniae infection in the progression of atherosclerosisEui Young Choi
Yonsei Cardiovascular Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 34:391-400. 2002..The present study demonstrated upstream regulation of MMPs can be induced by C. pneumoniae within atheromatous plaque itself. These findings help to understand the potential role of C. pneumoniae in the progression of atherosclerosis...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and endogenous inhibitors within ascending aortic aneurysms of patients with Marfan syndromeJohn S Ikonomidis
Cardiothoracic Surgical Research, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Suite 409 CSB, 96 Jonathan Lucas St, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Circulation 114:I365-70. 2006..Whether and to what degree MMP, TIMP, and TGF-beta signaling profiles are altered in ATAAs in MFS compared with non-MFS patients remains unknown...
- Induction of matrix metalloproteinase-2 enhances systemic arterial contraction after hypoxiaJeff Z He
Dept of Critical Care, Rm 4 015, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond St, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H684-93. 2007..This may preserve the capacity to regulate the systemic circulation in the transition between the alterations in vascular tone and structural remodeling that occurs during prolonged hypoxic epochs...
- Involvement of MMPs in the outward remodeling of collateral mesenteric arteriesTara L Haas
School of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, Rm 341 Farquharson, York Univ, 4700 Keele St, Toronto, ON Canada M3J 1P3
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2429-37. 2007....
- Impaired angiogenesis in SHR is associated with decreased KDR and MT1-MMP expressionHe Wang
Human Biomarker Center, Translational Medicine and Technology, GlaxoSmithKline, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 315:363-8. 2004..Significantly, expression of kinase-insert domain-containing receptor (KDR) and membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) was reduced in SHRs compared to controls...
- Decreased vascular matrix metalloproteinase abundance in diabetic patients with symptomatic macroangiopathyJ Sheppard Mondy
Ethn Dis 12:S3-18-22. 2002..Decreased MMP activity may contribute to pathological remodeling leading to increased incidence of amputations in African-American patients...
- Gene Expession in Conditioned Taste AversionLouis Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2002..As such, it represents a more realistic view of the way in which a system as complex as the brain likely processes and encodes experiential information. ..
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Extracellular Mechanisms For Thoracic Aortic AneurysmsJohn Ikonomidis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..