Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp13
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 13
Alias: collagenase 3, MMP-13, UMRCASE, interstitial collagenase, matrix metalloproteinase-13
- Boström P, Ravanti L, Reunanen N, Aaltonen V, Söderström K, Kahari V, et al. Expression of collagenase-3 (matrix metalloproteinase-13) in transitional-cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Int J Cancer. 2000;88:417-23 pubmed..Our results demonstrate MMP-13 expression in human urinary bladder carcinoma cells in vivo and in vitro and suggest that MMP-13 may serve as a marker for transformation and invasion in urinary bladder TCCs. ..
- Knauper V, Lopez Otin C, Smith B, Knight G, Murphy G. Biochemical characterization of human collagenase-3. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:1544-50 pubmed..These results suggest that in vivo collagenase-3 could play a significant role in the turnover of connective tissue matrix constituents. ..
- Leigh D, Abreu E, Derwin K. Changes in gene expression of individual matrix metalloproteinases differ in response to mechanical unloading of tendon fascicles in explant culture. J Orthop Res. 2008;26:1306-12 pubmed publisher..However, changes in both MMP3 and MMP13 gene expression are rapid, dramatic, sustained, and changing during at least the first 48 h of unloaded culture...
- Bo N, Peng W, Xinghong P, Ma R. Early cartilage degeneration in a rat experimental model of developmental dysplasia of the hip. Connect Tissue Res. 2012;53:513-20 pubmed publisher..05). However, no change was observed in ADAMTS-4 expression. This study shows that degenerative cartilage changes occur at an early stage in the rat DDH model and become aggravated with age...
- Nakamura H, Sato G, Hirata A, Yamamoto T. Immunolocalization of matrix metalloproteinase-13 on bone surface under osteoclasts in rat tibia. Bone. 2004;34:48-56 pubmedMatrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-13 (an interstitial collagenase also called collagenase 3) is involved in degradation of extracellular matrix in various tissues...
- Kassiri Z, Oudit G, Sanchez O, Dawood F, Mohammed F, Nuttall R, et al. Combination of tumor necrosis factor-alpha ablation and matrix metalloproteinase inhibition prevents heart failure after pressure overload in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 knock-out mice. Circ Res. 2005;97:380-90 pubmed..Notably, combining TNFalpha ablation with MMP inhibition completely rescued heart disease in timp-3(-/-)-AB mice. This study provides a basis for anti-TNFalpha and MMP inhibitor combination therapy in heart disease. ..
- Lui P, Lee Y, Mok T, Cheuk Y, Chan K. Alendronate reduced peri-tunnel bone loss and enhanced tendon graft to bone tunnel healing in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Eur Cell Mater. 2013;25:78-96 pubmed..There was a reduction in matrix metalloprotein (MMP)1, MMP13 and CD68-positive cells at the peri-tunnel region and graft-bone interface in the alendronate-treated group ..
- Neuhold L, Killar L, Zhao W, Sung M, Warner L, Kulik J, et al. Postnatal expression in hyaline cartilage of constitutively active human collagenase-3 (MMP-13) induces osteoarthritis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2001;107:35-44 pubmed..These results demonstrate that excessive MMP-13 activity can result in articular cartilage degradation and joint pathology of the kind observed in OA, suggesting that excessive activity of this proteinase can lead to this disease. ..
- Alvarez J, Costales L, Serra R, Balbin M, López J. Expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases and vascular endothelial growth factor during epiphyseal ossification. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:1011-21 pubmed..MMPs were widely expressed during ossification of the secondary center, whereas expression of VEGF was restricted to later stages...
- Liang Q, Xi Z, Bian Q, Cui X, Li C, Hou W, et al. Herb formula "Fufangqishe-Pill" prevents upright posture-induced intervertebral disc degeneration at the lumbar in rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;113:23-31 pubmed..Col2alpha1 mRNA expression at all time points; and decreased Col10alpha1, matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-3, MMP13, and Interleukin (IL)-1beta mRNA expression induced by upright posture for 7 and 9 months...
- Volman T, Goris R, Lomme R, DeGroot J, Verhofstad A, Hendriks T. Increased expression of matrix metalloproteinases in the murine zymosan-induced multiple organ dysfunction syndrome. J Pathol. 2004;203:968-75 pubmed..For both MMPs, staining appeared to be limited to phagocytes. In conclusion, the data suggest a role for MMPs, especially MMP-9, in the pathogenesis of MODS. ..
- Shen J, Li J, Wang B, Jin H, Wang M, Zhang Y, et al. Deletion of the transforming growth factor ? receptor type II gene in articular chondrocytes leads to a progressive osteoarthritis-like phenotype in mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:3107-19 pubmed publisher..To determine whether Mmp13 and Adamts5 are critical downstream target genes of TGF? signaling, TGF?RII/matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13)- and TGF?RII/ADAMTS-5-double-KO mice were generated and analyzed...
- de la Torre P, Díaz Sanjuán T, García Ruiz I, Esteban E, Canga F, Muñoz Yagüe T, et al. Interleukin-6 increases rat metalloproteinase-13 gene expression through Janus kinase-2-mediated inhibition of serine/threonine phosphatase-2A. Cell Signal. 2005;17:427-35 pubmed..We conclude that IL-6 increases MMP-13 gene expression by activation of Jak2, resulting in tyrosine phosphorylation of the catalytic subunit of PP2A, which in turn decreases PP2A activity and prolongs c-Jun phosphorylation. ..
- Nakai K, Kawato T, Morita T, Iinuma T, Kamio N, Zhao N, et al. Angiotensin II induces the production of MMP-3 and MMP-13 through the MAPK signaling pathways via the AT(1) receptor in osteoblasts. Biochimie. 2013;95:922-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings suggest that Ang II does not influence the plasminogen/plasmin pathway in osteoblasts. ..
- Zhang Y, Ross A. Retinoic acid and the transcription factor MafB act together and differentially to regulate aggrecan and matrix metalloproteinase gene expression in neonatal chondrocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:471-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the increased matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)3 and MMP13 gene expression due to RA was attenuated in MafB(SI) chondrocytes, while total extracellular matrix staining was ..
- Ma J, Zhou D, Fan M, Wang H, Huang C, Zhang Z, et al. Keratocytes create stromal spaces to promote corneal neovascularization via MMP13 expression. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:6691-703 pubmed publisher..The expression of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP13), cluster of differentiation 146 (CD146), VEGFa, VEGFc, VEGF receptor (r)2, and VEGFr3 by normal ..
- Hsu C, Lai S. Matrix metalloproteinase-2, -9 and -13 are involved in fibronectin degradation of rat lung granulomatous fibrosis caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. Int J Exp Pathol. 2007;88:437-43 pubmed..These results suggest that MMP-2, -9 and -13 may participate in the fibronectin degradation of A. cantonensis-induced granulomatous fibrosis. ..
- Arumugam B, Vairamani M, Partridge N, Selvamurugan N. Characterization of Runx2 phosphorylation sites required for TGF-?1-mediated stimulation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in osteoblastic cells. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:1082-1094 pubmed publisher..Hence, this study contributes to the knowledge of events governing bone remodeling and bone-related diseases. ..
- Fang H, Lai J, Lin W, Lin W. A fermented substance from Aspergillus phoenicis reduces liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1154-61 pubmed..chain reaction (RT-qPCR) analysis showed that FSAP treatment increased the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 13 and decreased the expression of methionine adenosyltransferase 2A, collagen (alpha1)(I), collagen (..
- Zhang Y, Wray A, Ross A. Perinatal exposure to vitamin A differentially regulates chondrocyte growth and the expression of aggrecan and matrix metalloprotein genes in the femur of neonatal rats. J Nutr. 2012;142:649-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that moderately high maternal VA intake combined with neonatal VARA supplementation can reduce the ratio of aggrecan:MMP, which may unfavorably alter early bone development. ..
- Maclean J, Lee C, Alini M, Iatridis J. Anabolic and catabolic mRNA levels of the intervertebral disc vary with the magnitude and frequency of in vivo dynamic compression. J Orthop Res. 2004;22:1193-200 pubmed..2 MPa or 0.2 Hz had little effect on gene expression. The results suggest that gene expression of the annulus appears to be more dependent on the magnitude of applied stress, while the nucleus is both magnitude- and frequency-dependent. ..
- Shi Z, Wang H, Tarbell J. Heparan sulfate proteoglycans mediate interstitial flow mechanotransduction regulating MMP-13 expression and cell motility via FAK-ERK in 3D collagen. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e15956 pubmed publisher..N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase 1 (NDST1) suppressed interstitial flow-induced ERK1/2 activation, interstitial collagenase (MMP-13) expression, and SMC motility in 3D collagen...
- Tsai W, Hsu C, Chang H, Lin Y, Lin M, Pang J. Ibuprofen upregulates expressions of matrix metalloproteinase-1, -8, -9, and -13 without affecting expressions of types I and III collagen in tendon cells. J Orthop Res. 2010;28:487-91 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a molecular mechanism potentially accounting for the inhibition of tendon healing by ibuprofen. ..
- Itagaki T, Honma T, Takahashi I, Echigo S, Sasano Y. Quantitative analysis and localization of mRNA transcripts of type I collagen, osteocalcin, MMP 2, MMP 8, and MMP 13 during bone healing in a rat calvarial experimental defect model. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2008;291:1038-46 pubmed publisher..Osteoblasts and osteocytes may play a role in the remodeling of extracellular matrices with MMPs during healing of a defect in bone. ..
- Stura E, Visse R, Cuniasse P, Dive V, Nagase H. Crystal structure of full-length human collagenase 3 (MMP-13) with peptides in the active site defines exosites in the catalytic domain. FASEB J. 2013;27:4395-405 pubmed publisher..These modes of peptide-MMP-13 interactions have led us to propose how triple helical collagen strands fit into the active site cleft of the collagenase. ..
- Gilliver S, Ruckshanthi J, Atkinson S, Ashcroft G. Androgens influence expression of matrix proteins and proteolytic factors during cutaneous wound healing. Lab Invest. 2007;87:871-81 pubmed
- Tong W, Xue Q, Li Y, Zhang L. Maternal hypoxia alters matrix metalloproteinase expression patterns and causes cardiac remodeling in fetal and neonatal rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H2113-21 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that in utero hypoxia reprograms the expression patterns of MMPs and TIMPs and causes cardiac tissue remodeling with the increased collagen deposition in the developing heart. ..
- Marambaud P, Shioi J, Serban G, Georgakopoulos A, Sarner S, Nagy V, et al. A presenilin-1/gamma-secretase cleavage releases the E-cadherin intracellular domain and regulates disassembly of adherens junctions. EMBO J. 2002;21:1948-56 pubmed..Thus, the PS1/gamma-secretase system stimulates disassembly of the E-cadherin- catenin complex and increases the cytosolic pool of beta-catenin, a key regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Li J, Liao E, Dai R, Wei Q, Luo X. Effects of 17 beta-estradiol on the expression of interstitial collagenases-8 and -13 (MMP-8 and MMP-13) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in ovariectomized rat osteoblastic cells. J Mol Histol. 2004;35:723-31 pubmed
- Mariani T, Sandefur S, Roby J, Pierce R. Collagenase-3 induction in rat lung fibroblasts requires the combined effects of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and 12-lipoxygenase metabolites: a model of macrophage-induced, fibroblast-driven extracellular matrix remodeling during inflammatory lung in. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:1411-24 pubmed..We find a localized increase in the expression of the rat interstitial collagenase (MMP-13; collagenase-3) gene from fibroblastic cells directly adjacent to macrophages within silicotic ..
- Shum J, Melendez J, Jeffrey J. Serotonin-induced MMP-13 production is mediated via phospholipase C, protein kinase C, and ERK1/2 in rat uterine smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42830-40 pubmed..5-HT), acting via the 5-HT(2A) receptor, up-regulates the transcription and production of interstitial collagenase (matrix metalloproteinase-13; MMP-13), a critical enzyme responsible for maintaining the integrity of the ..
- Winchester S, Bloch S, Fiacco G, Partridge N. Regulation of expression of collagenase-3 in normal, differentiating rat osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 1999;181:479-88 pubmed..PTH also stimulates expression of the enzyme through both PKA and PKC pathways in the mineralizing osteoblast. ..
- Selvamurugan N, Chou W, Pearman A, Pulumati M, Partridge N. Parathyroid hormone regulates the rat collagenase-3 promoter in osteoblastic cells through the cooperative interaction of the activator protein-1 site and the runt domain binding sequence. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10647-57 pubmed
- Liang Q, Cui X, Xi Z, Bian Q, Hou W, Zhao Y, et al. Prolonged upright posture induces degenerative changes in intervertebral discs of rat cervical spine. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011;36:E14-9 pubmed publisher..were used for real-time polymerase chain reaction of type II collagen (Col2a1), type X collagen, matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13), MMP-3, aggre-can, and aggrecanase-2 (ADAMTS-5)...
- Luo Q, Li S, He C, He H, Yang L, Deng L. Pulse electromagnetic fields effects on serum E2 levels, chondrocyte apoptosis, and matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in ovariectomized rats. Rheumatol Int. 2009;29:927-35 pubmed publisher..The apoptosis index of chondrocytes and the positive index of MMP13 expression in the PEMFs group and E group were significantly lower than the OVX group...
- Shimizu E, Selvamurugan N, Westendorf J, Olson E, Partridge N. HDAC4 represses matrix metalloproteinase-13 transcription in osteoblastic cells, and parathyroid hormone controls this repression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9616-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, HDAC4 is a basal repressor of MMP-13 transcription, and PTH regulates HDAC4 to control MMP-13 promoter activity. These data identify a novel and discrete mechanism of regulating HDAC4 levels and, subsequently, gene expression. ..
- Barmina O, Walling H, Fiacco G, Freije J, Lopez Otin C, Jeffrey J, et al. Collagenase-3 binds to a specific receptor and requires the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein for internalization. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30087-93 pubmed
- Chen J, Tsai C, Lin H, Huang C, Leung Y, Lai S, et al. Interlukin-18 Is a Pivot Regulatory Factor on Matrix Metalloproteinase-13 Expression and Brain Astrocytic Migration. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:6218-6227 pubmed publisher..These findings also indicate that IL-18 is an important regulator leading to MMP-13 expression and cell migration in astrocytes. ..
- Maxová H, Novotna J, Vajner L, Tomasova H, Vytasek R, Vizek M, et al. In vitro hypoxia increases production of matrix metalloproteinases and tryptase in isolated rat lung mast cells. Physiol Res. 2008;57:903-10 pubmed..The results therefore support the concept that LMC are an important source of increased collagenolytic activity in chronic hypoxia. ..
- Albu D, VanValkenburgh J, Morin N, Califano D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, et al. Transcription factor Bcl11b controls selection of invariant natural killer T-cells by regulating glycolipid presentation in double-positive thymocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:6211-6 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a unique and previously undescribed role of Bcl11b in DP thymocytes, in addition to the critical function in positive selection of conventional CD4 and CD8 single-positive thymocytes. ..
- Morgia G, Falsaperla M, Malaponte G, Madonia M, Indelicato M, Travali S, et al. Matrix metalloproteinases as diagnostic (MMP-13) and prognostic (MMP-2, MMP-9) markers of prostate cancer. Urol Res. 2005;33:44-50 pubmed..Our results suggest that the plasma concentration and activity of MMPs, in association with PSA determination, could play a role in diagnosis, monitoring therapy and evaluating malignant progression in PCa. ..
- Yan S, Chen G, Yu C, Zhu G, Li Y, Zheng S. Expression pattern of matrix metalloproteinases-13 in a rat model of alcoholic liver fibrosis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2005;4:569-72 pubmedb>Interstitial collagenase has been considered as an essential enzyme for collagenolysis in liver fibrosis, because type I and III collagens increase predominantly in liver fibrosis...
- Yang Z, Liu Y, Qin L, Wu P, Xia Z, Luo M, et al. Cathepsin H-Mediated Degradation of HDAC4 for Matrix Metalloproteinase Expression in Hepatic Stellate Cells: Implications of Epigenetic Suppression of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Fibrosis through Stabilization of Class IIa Histone Deacetylases. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:781-797 pubmed publisher..We propose that cysteine cathepsin-mediated degradation of class IIa HDACs plays a key role in the modulation of MMP expression/suppression and HSC functions in tissue injury and fibrosis. ..
- Selvamurugan N, Kwok S, Alliston T, Reiss M, Partridge N. Transforming growth factor-beta 1 regulation of collagenase-3 expression in osteoblastic cells by cross-talk between the Smad and MAPK signaling pathways and their components, Smad2 and Runx2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19327-34 pubmed..Taken together, our results provide an important role for cross-talk between the Smad and MAPK pathways and their components in expression of collagenase-3 following TGF-beta 1 treatment in UMR 106-01 cells. ..
- Liu K, Olofsson J, Wahlberg P, Ny T. Distinct expression of gelatinase A [matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2], collagenase-3 (MMP-13), membrane type MMP 1 (MMP-14), and tissue inhibitor of MMPs type 1 mediated by physiological signals during formation and regression of the rat corpus lute. Endocrinology. 1999;140:5330-8 pubmed..TIMP-1 is up-regulated both during the formation and regression of the CL and may therefore regulate MMP activity during both processes. ..
- Kominsky S, Doucet M, Thorpe M, Weber K. MMP-13 is over-expressed in renal cell carcinoma bone metastasis and is induced by TGF-beta1. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2008;25:865-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MMP-13 expression is elevated in RBM relative to primary RCC and adjacent normal kidney, and is regulated at the cellular level by TGF-beta1. ..
- Chiu Y, Huang T, Fu W, Yang R, Tang C. Ultrasound stimulates MMP-13 expression through p38 and JNK pathway in osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:356-65 pubmed..Taken together, our results provide evidence that US stimulation increases MMP-13 expression through p38 and JNK signaling pathway to regulate bone remodeling. ..
- Lu D, Yu W, Yeh W, Tang C, Leung Y, Wong K, et al. Hypoxia-induced matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in astrocytes enhances permeability of brain endothelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:163-73 pubmed publisher..MMP-13 is an important factor leading to the disorganization of ZO-1 and hyperpermeablility of blood-brain barrier in response to hypoxia. ..
- Nishio T, Iimuro Y, Nitta T, Harada N, Yoshida M, Hirose T, et al. Increased expression of collagenase in the liver induces hepatocyte proliferation with cytoplasmic accumulation of beta-catenin in the rat. J Hepatol. 2003;38:468-75 pubmed
- Ahmed M, Mehmood A, Bhatti F, Khan S, Riazuddin S. Combination of ADMSCs and chondrocytes reduces hypertrophy and improves the functional properties of osteoarthritic cartilage. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2014;22:1894-901 pubmed publisher..with a correspondingly decreased expression of Collagen type-I alpha (Col1a1) and Matrix metallopeptidase 13 (Mmp13) was maximally observed in this group...
- Lecomte J, Louis K, Detry B, Blacher S, Lambert V, Bekaert S, et al. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal cells and MMP13 contribute to experimental choroidal neovascularization. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:677-86 pubmed publisherIn this study, we evaluate the potential involvement of collagenase-3 (MMP13), a matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family member, in the exudative form of age-related macular degeneration characterized by a neovascularisation into the ..
- Lee K, Park J, Kim K. NMDA receptor-mediated calcium influx plays an essential role in myoblast fusion. FEBS Lett. 2004;578:47-52 pubmed..Furthermore, treatment with the Ca2+ ionophore A23187 recovered MK801-mediated inhibition of myoblast fusion. These results suggest that the NRs may play an important role in myoblast fusion by mediating Ca2+ influx. ..
- Lavagnino M, Arnoczky S, Egerbacher M, Gardner K, Burns M. Isolated fibrillar damage in tendons stimulates local collagenase mRNA expression and protein synthesis. J Biomech. 2006;39:2355-62 pubmed..purpose of this study was to determine if isolated tendon fibril damage could initiate an upregulation of interstitial collagenase (MMP13) mRNA and protein in tendon cells associated with the injured fibril(s)...
- Sun H, Li Y, Fung D, Majeska R, Schaffler M, Flatow E. Coordinate regulation of IL-1beta and MMP-13 in rat tendons following subrupture fatigue damage. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008;466:1555-61 pubmed publisher..The data also suggest MMP-13 is regulated by both IL-1beta-dependent and IL-1beta-independent pathways...
- Alvarez J, Balbin M, Santos F, Fernandez M, Ferrando S, Lopez J. Different bone growth rates are associated with changes in the expression pattern of types II and X collagens and collagenase 3 in proximal growth plates of the rat tibia. J Bone Miner Res. 2000;15:82-94 pubmed..dynamics in the determination of bone growth rate, we investigated the expression of matrix collagens and collagenase 3 in tibial growth plates in three age groups of rats (21, 35, and 80 days after birth), each characterized by ..
- Hantke B, Harbeck N, Schmalfeldt B, Claes I, Hiller O, Luther M, et al. Clinical relevance of matrix metalloproteinase-13 determined with a new highly specific and sensitive ELISA in ascitic fluid of advanced ovarian carcinoma patients. Biol Chem. 2003;384:1247-51 pubmed..Together with other prognostic markers, determination of MMP-13 in ascitic fluid may help to identify patients at risk for early death and help to individualize adjuvant therapy. ..
- Nielsen B, Egeblad M, Rank F, Askautrud H, Pennington C, Pedersen T, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 13 is induced in fibroblasts in polyomavirus middle T antigen-driven mammary carcinoma without influencing tumor progression. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2959 pubmed publisherMatrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 13 (collagenase 3) is an extracellular matrix remodeling enzyme that is induced in myofibroblasts during the earliest invasive stages of human breast carcinoma, suggesting that it is involved in tumor ..
- Shah R, Alvarez M, Jones D, Torrungruang K, Watt A, Selvamurugan N, et al. Nmp4/CIZ regulation of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13) response to parathyroid hormone in osteoblasts. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E289-96 pubmed
- Calabrò A, Grappone C, Pellegrini G, Evangelista S, Tramontana M, Schuppan D, et al. Spatial and temporal pattern of expression of interstitial collagenase, stromelysin/transin, gelatinase A, and TIMP-1 during experimental gastric ulcer healing. Digestion. 2004;70:127-38 pubmed..We studied the temporal and spatial expression of three matrix metalloproteinases, gelatinase A (MMP-2), interstitial collagenase (MMP-13), stromelysin (MMP-3), and their major inhibitor, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-..
- Zhang P, Yang Y, Chen X, Ruan Y, Zhou Y, Tian Y, et al. [Comparison of doxycycline, losartan, and their combination on the expression of matrix metalloproteinase, tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase, and collagen remodeling in the noninfarcted myocardium after acute myocardial infarction in rats]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2005;27:53-61 pubmed..However, it has no effect on type III collagen deposition. ..
- Ogata T, Shibamura H, Tromp G, Sinha M, Goddard K, Sakalihasan N, et al. Genetic analysis of polymorphisms in biologically relevant candidate genes in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 2005;41:1036-42 pubmed..different candidate genes: MMP1(nt-1607), MMP2(nt-955), MMP3(nt-1612), MMP9(nt-1562), MMP10(nt+180), MMP12(nt-82), MMP13(nt-77), TIMP1(nt+434), TIMP1(rs2070584), TIMP2(rs2009196), TIMP3(nt-1296), TGFB1(nt-509), ELN(nt+422), and COL3A1(..
- Graf R, Klauser S, Fukuoka S, Schiesser M, Bimmler D. The bifunctional rat pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor/monitor peptide provides protection against premature activation of pancreatic juice. Pancreatology. 2003;3:195-206 pubmed..Our experiments support a dual function of PSTI-I: monitoring protein in the gut due to its 'moderate' affinity for trypsin and a protective role in the pancreas. ..
- Antunes L, Küchler E, Tannure P, Dias J, Ribeiro V, Lips A, et al. Genetic variations in MMP9 and MMP13 contribute to tooth agenesis in a Brazilian population. J Oral Sci. 2013;55:281-6 pubmedWe investigated the association between polymorphisms in the MMP2 (rs243865), MMP9 (rs17576), and MMP13 (rs2252070) genes with tooth agenesis in humans...
- Tromp G, Gatalica Z, Skunca M, Berguer R, Siegel T, Kline R, et al. Elevated expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in abdominal aortic aneurysms. Ann Vasc Surg. 2004;18:414-20 pubmed..transcriptase polymerase chain reaction to determine the relative expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13) in aortic tissue samples from patients who underwent abdominal aortic aneurysm repair operations (n = 36) and ..
- Zhang C, Li X, Zhang T, Fu J, Cui X. Hydrogen sulfide suppresses the expression of MMP-8, MMP-13, and TIMP-1 in left ventricles of rats with cardiac volume overload. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:1301-9 pubmed publisher..H2S suppresses protein and mRNA expression of MMP-8, MMP-13, and TIMP-1 in rats with cardiac volume overload, which may be contributed to the amelioration of ventricular structural remodeling and cardiac function. ..
- Yeh W, Lu D, Lee M, Fu W. Leptin induces migration and invasion of glioma cells through MMP-13 production. Glia. 2009;57:454-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that leptin enhanced migration and invasion of C6 glioma cells through the increase of MMP-13 production. ..
- Peterson J, Li H, Dillon L, Bryant J. Evolution of matrix metalloprotease and tissue inhibitor expression during heart failure progression in the infarcted rat. Cardiovasc Res. 2000;46:307-15 pubmed..The dissociation between LV MMP/TIMP mRNA and protein levels shows that post-translation processing occurs in the rat heart. ..
- Manicourt D, Bevilacqua M, Righini V, Famaey J, Devogelaer J. Comparative effect of nimesulide and ibuprofen on the urinary levels of collagen type II C-telopeptide degradation products and on the serum levels of hyaluronan and matrix metalloproteinases-3 and -13 in patients with flare-up of osteoarthritis. Drugs R D. 2005;6:261-71 pubmed..Patients with flare-up of their osteoarthritis disease process exhibit enhanced levels of markers of joint inflammation and cartilage collagen breakdown, which were markedly decreased by nimesulide but not by ibuprofen. ..
- Kudo Y, Iizuka S, Yoshida M, Tsunematsu T, Kondo T, Subarnbhesaj A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13) directly and indirectly promotes tumor angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38716-28 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings suggest that MMP-13 may directly and indirectly promote tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Huang W, Ao P, Li J, Wu T, Xu L, Deng Z, et al. Autophagy Protects Advanced Glycation End Product-Induced Apoptosis and Expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13 in Rat Chondrocytes. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:6341919 pubmed publisher..We therefore demonstrated that autophagy is linked with AGE-related pathology in rat chondrocytes and plays a protective role in AGE-induced apoptosis and expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13. ..
- Quinn C, Scott D, Brinckerhoff C, Matrisian L, Jeffrey J, Partridge N. Rat collagenase. Cloning, amino acid sequence comparison, and parathyroid hormone regulation in osteoblastic cells. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:22342-7 pubmed..Thus, parathyroid hormone regulation of the collagenase gene in UMR 106-01 cells is in part transcriptional. ..
- Yang S, Lim L, Ju S, Choi D, Song H. Effects of matrix metalloproteinase 13 on vascular smooth muscle cells migration via Akt-ERK dependent pathway. Tissue Cell. 2015;47:115-21 pubmed publisher..Because MMP13 is associated with tumor cells migration, we hypothesized that MMP13 participates in VSMC migration induced by ..
- Cuadrado E, Rosell A, Borrell Pages M, Garcia Bonilla L, Hernandez Guillamon M, Ortega Aznar A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-13 is activated and is found in the nucleus of neural cells after cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:398-410 pubmed publisher..Nuclear extracts from cells confirmed upregulation of active MMP-13 after OGD (P<0.05). These results suggest that MMP-13 activation and its nuclear translocation is an early consequence of an ischemic stimulus. ..
- Yoon S, Kuivaniemi H, Gatalica Z, Olson J, Buttice G, Ye S, et al. MMP13 promoter polymorphism is associated with atherosclerosis in the abdominal aorta of young black males. Matrix Biol. 2002;21:487-98 pubmed..We investigated the importance of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP13), in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis using 995 samples from the Pathobiological Determinants ..
- Sawajiri M, Takinami S, Uchida T, Nomura Y, Mizoe J, Banik S, et al. Expression of MMP-13 in osteoblast cells and rat tibia after exposure to gamma rays or accelerated carbon ions. Phys Med. 2007;23:73-9 pubmed..The amounts of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13) mRNA in osteoblast-like MC3T3-E1 cells tended to decrease after carbon ion irradiation...
- Takarada T, Yoneda Y. Transactivation by Runt related factor-2 of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in astrocytes. Neurosci Lett. 2009;451:99-104 pubmed publisher..protein core binding factor-beta and their targets such as osteopontin (OPN) and matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13), but not for collagen-I or osteocalcin...
- Matsui H, Yamasaki M, Nakata K, Amano K, Nakamura H. Expression of MMP-8 and MMP-13 in the development of periradicular lesions. Int Endod J. 2011;44:739-45 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that MMP-13 increased from an early stage during their development and that MMP-8 is involved in the progression of tissue destruction including bone resorption. ..
- Surse V, Gupta J, Tikoo K. Esculetin induced changes in Mmp13 and Bmp6 gene expression and histone H3 modifications attenuate development of glomerulosclerosis in diabetic rats. J Mol Endocrinol. 2011;46:245-54 pubmed publisher..RNA expression levels of Mmp13 and Bmp6 were detected by RT-PCR analysis...
- Doi H, Nishida K, Yorimitsu M, Komiyama T, Kadota Y, Tetsunaga T, et al. Interleukin-4 downregulates the cyclic tensile stress-induced matrix metalloproteinases-13 and cathepsin B expression by rat normal chondrocytes. Acta Med Okayama. 2008;62:119-26 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-4 might have a therapeutic value in the treatment of OA by downregulation of mechanical stress-induced MMP-13 and cathepsin B expression by chondrocytes. ..
- Kennedy A, Inada M, Krane S, Christie P, Harding B, Lopez Otin C, et al. MMP13 mutation causes spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia, Missouri type (SEMD(MO). J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2832-42 pubmed..We show that a missense mutation of MMP13 causes the Missouri type of human spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia (SEMD(MO)), an autosomal dominant disorder ..
- Tang N, Zhang Y, Ying W, Yao X. Interleukin-1? upregulates matrix metalloproteinase-13 gene expression via c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p38 MAPK pathways in rat hepatic stellate cells. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:1861-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, the JNK and p38 MAPK pathway co-operatively mediate MMP-13 mRNA expression in rat HSCs. ..