Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MKP 1
Description: dual specificity phosphatase 1
Alias: 3CH134, CL100, MKP-1, Mkp1, Ptpn16, dual specificity protein phosphatase 1, 3CH134/CL100 PTPase, MAP kinase phosphatase-1, mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase phosphatase-1, mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 1, oxidative stress-inducible protein tyrosine phosphatase, protein-tyrosine phosphatase CL100, protein-tyrosine phosphatase non-receptor type 16
Products: MKP 1
- Oride A, Kanasaki H, Purwana I, Miyazaki K. Possible involvement of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) in thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH)-induced prolactin gene expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:663-7 pubmed publisher..Our present results support a critical role of MKP-1 in TRH-induced, ERK-dependent, prolactin gene expression. ..
- Lewis T, Groom L, Sneddon A, Smythe C, Keyse S. XCL100, an inducible nuclear MAP kinase phosphatase from Xenopus laevis: its role in MAP kinase inactivation in differentiated cells and its expression during early development. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 8):2885-96 pubmedWe have cloned the Xenopus laevis homologue (XCL100) of the human CL100 (Thr/Tyr) MAP kinase phosphatase. Expression of the XCL100 mRNA and protein is inducible by serum stimulation and oxidative/heat stress in a X...
- Zhao Y, Wang S, Chu Z, Dang Y, Zhu J, Su X. MicroRNA-101 in the ventrolateral orbital cortex (VLO) modulates depressive-like behaviors in rats and targets dual-specificity phosphatase 1 (DUSP1). Brain Res. 2017;1669:55-62 pubmed publisher..MiR-101 may directly regulate DUSP1 expression, and the mechanism underlying the antidepressant effects of miR-101 may involve the negative regulation of DUSP1 expression, which in turn promotes downstream ERK/BDNF signaling. ..
- Cheng Y, Jordan L, Rees T, Chen H, Oxford L, Brinkmann O, et al. Levels of potential oral cancer salivary mRNA biomarkers in oral cancer patients in remission and oral lichen planus patients. Clin Oral Investig. 2014;18:985-93 pubmed publisher..The results of this study serve as the basis for a further large-scale study which may lead to a non-invasive screening method for early detection of OSCC. ..
- Wang H, Cheng Z, Malbon C. Overexpression of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatases MKP1, MKP2 in human breast cancer. Cancer Lett. 2003;191:229-37 pubmed..Suppression of MKP activity therapeutically may enable the expression of the pro-apoptotic signals from JNK in malignant cells. ..
- Metzler B, Li C, Hu Y, Sturm G, Ghaffari Tabrizi N, Xu Q. LDL stimulates mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 expression, independent of LDL receptors, in vascular smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:1862-71 pubmed
- Dreixler J, Bratton A, Du E, Shaikh A, Savoie B, Alexander M, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) in retinal ischemic preconditioning. Exp Eye Res. 2011;93:340-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest the involvement of dual-specificity phosphatase MKP-1 in IPC and that MKP-1 is involved in IPC by regulating levels of activated MAPK p38. ..
- Muda M, Boschert U, Dickinson R, Martinou J, Martinou I, Camps M, et al. MKP-3, a novel cytosolic protein-tyrosine phosphatase that exemplifies a new class of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4319-26 pubmedMKP-1 (also known as CL100, 3CH134, Erp, and hVH-1) exemplifies a class of dual-specificity phosphatase able to reverse the activation of mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase family members by dephosphorylating critical tyrosine and ..
- Chen F, Chang H, Yang S, Huang Y, Nien P, Yeh Y, et al. The mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) gene is a potential methylation biomarker for malignancy of breast cancer. Exp Mol Med. 2012;44:356-62 pubmed publisher..32% and a specificity of 82.76% at the cutoff value of 0.38. Taken together, we firstly demonstrated that the promoter methylation of MKP-1 gene is a potential breast cancer biomarker for breast malignancy. ..
- Ajakaiye M, Jacob A, Wu R, Zhou M, Ji Y, Dong W, et al. Upregulation of Kupffer cell ?2A-Adrenoceptors and downregulation of MKP-1 mediate hepatic injury in chronic alcohol exposure. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;409:406-11 pubmed publisher..In summary, chronic alcohol exposure elevates NE and upregulates KC ?(2A)-AR to release TNF-?. Alcohol induced downregulation of MKP-1 leads to further release of TNF-? and hepatic injury. ..
- Kondoh K, Nishida E. Regulation of MAP kinases by MAP kinase phosphatases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1773:1227-37 pubmed..Here we focus on recent findings regarding regulation and function of the MKP family members as physiological regulators of MAPK signaling. ..
- Zhen X, Torres C, Cai G, Friedman E. Inhibition of protein tyrosine/mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase activity is associated with D2 dopamine receptor supersensitivity in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:1356-63 pubmed..More specifically, MKP1 was identified to be the isozyme affected by D(2)DR stimulation...
- Weng Y, Shen F, Li J, Shen Y, Zhang X. Expression changes of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) in myocardium of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2007;115:455-60 pubmed
- NDong C, Landry R, DeLeo J, Romero Sandoval E. Mitogen activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 prevents the development of tactile sensitivity in a rodent model of neuropathic pain. Mol Pain. 2012;8:34 pubmed..We propose that MKP-1 is a potential therapeutic target for pain treatment or prevention. ..
- Srivastava N, Sudan R, Saha B. CD40-modulated dual-specificity phosphatases MAPK phosphatase (MKP)-1 and MKP-3 reciprocally regulate Leishmania major infection. J Immunol. 2011;186:5863-72 pubmed publisher..The findings reveal a novel parasite-devised immune evasion strategy and an effective target to redirect CD40-regulated immune responses. ..
- Huang H, Fan S, Ji X, Zhang Y, Bao F, Zhang G. Recombinant human erythropoietin protects against experimental spinal cord trauma injury by regulating expression of the proteins MKP-1 and p-ERK. J Int Med Res. 2009;37:511-9 pubmed..It is concluded that erythropoietin reduces pathological changes and SCI severity via down-regulation of p-ERK and up-regulation of MKP-1. ..
- Landry R, Martinez E, DeLeo J, Romero Sandoval E. Spinal cannabinoid receptor type 2 agonist reduces mechanical allodynia and induces mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatases in a rat model of neuropathic pain. J Pain. 2012;13:836-48 pubmed publisher..A cannabinoid type 2 receptor agonist, JWH015, reduced neuropathic allodynia in rats by reducing MAPK phosphorylation and inducing spinal MAPK phosphatases 1 and 3, the major regulators of MAPKs. ..
- Friedberg I, Nika K, Tautz L, Saito K, Cerignoli F, Friedberg I, et al. Identification and characterization of DUSP27, a novel dual-specific protein phosphatase. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2527-33 pubmed..DUSP27 is an active enzyme, and its kinetic parameters and were determined. DUSP27 is a cytosolic enzyme, expressed in skeletal muscle, liver and adipose tissue, suggesting its possible role in energy metabolism. ..
- Chin S, Ramirez S, Greenbaum L, Naji A, Taub R. Blunting of the immediate-early gene and mitogenic response in hepatectomized type 1 diabetic animals. Am J Physiol. 1995;269:E691-700 pubmed
- Morisco C, Marrone C, Trimarco V, Crispo S, Monti M, Sadoshima J, et al. Insulin resistance affects the cytoprotective effect of insulin in cardiomyocytes through an impairment of MAPK phosphatase-1 expression. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;76:453-64 pubmed
- Duric V, Banasr M, Licznerski P, Schmidt H, Stockmeier C, Simen A, et al. A negative regulator of MAP kinase causes depressive behavior. Nat Med. 2010;16:1328-32 pubmed publisher..These postmortem and preclinical studies identify MKP-1 as a key factor in MDD pathophysiology and as a new target for therapeutic interventions...
- Singh G, Raut S, Khanna S, Kumar A, Sharma S, Prasad R, et al. MicroRNA-200c modulates DUSP-1 expression in diabetes-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;424:1-11 pubmed publisher..miR-200c plays a role in diabetes-associated cardiac hypertrophy by modulating expression of DUSP-1. ..
- Baas A, Berk B. Differential activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases by H2O2 and O2- in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 1995;77:29-36 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Kwak S, Hakes D, Martell K, Dixon J. Isolation and characterization of a human dual specificity protein-tyrosine phosphatase gene. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:3596-604 pubmedVaccinia phosphatase VH-1 and its mammalian counterparts, including protein-tyrosine phosphatases (PTPase) CL100 and VHR, constitute a novel subfamily of protein-tyrosine phosphatases that exhibits dual substrate specificity for ..
- Höfken T, Keller N, Fleischer F, Goke B, Wagner A. Map kinase phosphatases (MKP's) are early responsive genes during induction of cerulein hyperstimulation pancreatitis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;276:680-5 pubmed..Interestingly, inhibition of MKP-1 expression by Ro-31-8220 maximally induced activation of JNK but not of p38 and ERK in acutely isolated acini. These effects indicate that JNK may indeed be a preferred MKP-1 substrate in vivo. ..
- Denkert C, Schmitt W, Berger S, Reles A, Pest S, Siegert A, et al. Expression of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) in primary human ovarian carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2002;102:507-13 pubmedThe mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1, MKP-1 (CL100) is involved in inactivation of MAP-kinase pathways, regulation of stress-responses and suppression of apoptosis...
- Monteiro F, Sousa M, Cardoso I, do Amaral J, Guimaraes A, Saraiva M. Activation of ERK1/2 MAP kinases in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy. J Neurochem. 2006;97:151-61 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that abnormally sustained activation of ERK in FAP may represent an early signaling cascade leading to neurodegeneration...
- Kurt R, Urba W, Smith J, Schoof D. Peripheral T lymphocytes from women with breast cancer exhibit abnormal protein expression of several signaling molecules. Int J Cancer. 1998;78:16-20 pubmed..Impairments in the translocation of Rel-B and c-Rel further suggest that the NFKB family members Rel-A, Rel-B and c-Rel are not required for the transcription of IL-2 in the peripheral T lymphocytes of patients with breast cancer. ..
- Collins L, O Keeffe G, Long Smith C, Wyatt S, Sullivan A, Toulouse A, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase (MKP)-1 as a neuroprotective agent: promotion of the morphological development of midbrain dopaminergic neurons. Neuromolecular Med. 2013;15:435-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that strategies aimed at augmenting MKP-1 expression or activity may be beneficial in protecting dopaminergic neurons and may provide potential therapeutic approaches for PD. ..
- Cook K, Metheny Barlow L, Tallant E, Gallagher P. Angiotensin-(1-7) reduces fibrosis in orthotopic breast tumors. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8319-28 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that Ang-(1-7) targets the tumor microenvironment to inhibit CAF growth and tumor fibrosis. ..
- Feng L, Xia Y, Seiffert D, Wilson C. Oxidative stress-inducible protein tyrosine phosphatase in glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int. 1995;48:1920-8 pubmedPreviously we found that rat mesangial cells express 3CH134/CL100 protein-tyrosine phosphatase (PTPase) in response to reactive oxygen intermediates (ROIs), and we now extend these studies to glomerulonephritis (GN), where ROI have been ..
- Palm Leis A, Singh U, Herbelin B, Olsovsky G, Baker K, Pan J. Mitogen-activated protein kinases and mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatases mediate the inhibitory effects of all-trans retinoic acid on the hypertrophic growth of cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54905-17 pubmed..Our findings provide the first evidence that the anti-hypertrophic effect of RA is mediated by up-regulation of MKPs and inhibition of MAP kinase signaling pathways. ..
- Zhang J, Wang Q, Zhu N, Yu M, Shen B, Xiang J, et al. Cyclic AMP inhibits JNK activation by CREB-mediated induction of c-FLIP(L) and MKP-1, thereby antagonizing UV-induced apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:1654-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide a molecular mechanism by which cAMP suppresses JNK activation and antagonizes apoptosis. ..
- Hong Z, Chen H, Hong H, Lin L, Wang Z. [Study on expression of mkp-1 and P-ERK in acutecontusive spinal cord injury rat's model]. Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2008;41:207-12 pubmed..01). The results suggested that acute contusive spinal cord injury down-regulated the expression of MKP-1 and up-regulated the PERK, which might play a role in the pathophysiological of spinal cord injury. ..
- Wu Y, Huang G, Li J. [Effect of traditional Chinese medicine on expression of extracellular signal-regulating kinase-1 and mitogen activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 in brain and liver of fetal rats with fetal growth restriction]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2002;37:672-5 pubmed..The possible mechanism which the RKRQBAP cure FGR is to affect the expression of ERK-1 and MKP-1 and to promote growth- related genes expression and restrain apoptosis. In addition, RKRQBAP is superior to L-arginine in treatment of FGR. ..
- Lasa M, Gil Araujo B, Palafox M, Aranda A. Thyroid hormone antagonizes tumor necrosis factor-alpha signaling in pituitary cells through the induction of dual specificity phosphatase 1. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:412-22 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that T(3) antagonizes TNFalpha signaling in rat pituitary tumor cells through the induction of DUSP1. ..
- Kjellerup R, Johansen C, Kragballe K, Iversen L. The expression of dual-specificity phosphatase 1 mRNA is downregulated in lesional psoriatic skin. Br J Dermatol. 2013;168:339-45 pubmed publisher..In lesional psoriatic skin, the p38 MAPK negative feedback mechanism provided by DUSP1 seems to be inhibited. Downregulation of DUSP1 may contribute to the sustained inflammatory response seen in psoriasis. ..
- Price D, Chik C, Ho A. Norepinephrine induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 expression in rat pinealocytes: distinct roles of alpha- and beta-adrenergic receptors. Endocrinology. 2004;145:5723-33 pubmed
- Horiuchi M, Hayashida W, Kambe T, Yamada T, Dzau V. Angiotensin type 2 receptor dephosphorylates Bcl-2 by activating mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 and induces apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:19022-6 pubmed..The AT2 receptor inhibits MAP kinase activation, resulting in the inactivation of Bcl-2 and the induction of apoptosis. ..
- Flores B, von Bernhardi R. Transforming growth factor ?1 modulates amyloid ?-induced glial activation through the Smad3-dependent induction of MAPK phosphatase-1. J Alzheimers Dis. 2012;32:417-29 pubmed publisher..Further research would be important in order to characterize the role of this mechanism in the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Lee J, Komatsu K, Lee B, Lim J, Jono H, Xu H, et al. Phosphodiesterase 4B mediates extracellular signal-regulated kinase-dependent up-regulation of mucin MUC5AC protein by Streptococcus pneumoniae by inhibiting cAMP-protein kinase A-dependent MKP-1 phosphatase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22799-811 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae by inhibiting cAMP-PKA-dependent MKP-1 pathway. This study may lead to novel therapeutic strategy for inhibiting mucus overproduction. ..
- Xu Q, Konta T, Nakayama K, Furusu A, Moreno Manzano V, Lucio Cazana J, et al. Cellular defense against H2O2-induced apoptosis via MAP kinase-MKP-1 pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004;36:985-93 pubmed
- Koyama H, Olson N, Dastvan F, Reidy M. Cell replication in the arterial wall: activation of signaling pathway following in vivo injury. Circ Res. 1998;82:713-21 pubmed
- Magi Galluzzi C, Mishra R, Fiorentino M, Montironi R, Yao H, Capodieci P, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 1 is overexpressed in prostate cancers and is inversely related to apoptosis. Lab Invest. 1997;76:37-51 pubmed
- Komiya Y, Kurabe N, Katagiri K, Ogawa M, Sugiyama A, Kawasaki Y, et al. A novel binding factor of 14-3-3beta functions as a transcriptional repressor and promotes anchorage-independent growth, tumorigenicity, and metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18753-64 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that FBI1 promotes sustained ERK1/2 activation through repression of MKP-1 transcription, resulting in promotion of tumorigenicity and metastasis. ..
- Rojo F, González Navarrete I, Bragado R, Dalmases A, Menendez S, Cortes Sempere M, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 in human breast cancer independently predicts prognosis and is repressed by doxorubicin. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3530-9 pubmed publisher..001) and multivariate analysis (P = 0.002). MKP-1 is overexpressed during the malignant transformation of the breast and independently predicts poor prognosis. Furthermore, MKP-1 is repressed by doxorubicin in many human breast cancers. ..
- Matta R, Barnard J, Wancket L, Yan J, Xue J, Grieves J, et al. Knockout of Mkp-1 exacerbates colitis in Il-10-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;302:G1322-35 pubmed publisher..Our studies support a pivotal role of Mkp-1 as a negative regulator of mucosal immune responses and highlight its protective function against inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Lornejad Schäfer M, Schafer C, Richter L, Grune T, Haussinger D, Schliess F. Osmotic regulation of MG-132-induced MAP-kinase phosphatase MKP-1 expression in H4IIE rat hepatoma cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2005;16:193-206 pubmed..The findings suggest that among other factors cell hydration critically determines the cellular response to proteasome inhibitors. ..
- Chai S, Bu D, Tong L, Tang C. [Change of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 in heart and aorta of SHR and its effect on proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells stimulated by angiotensin II]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2002;18:55-8 pubmed..In addition, MKP-1 significantly inhibits Ang II-stimulated proliferation of VSMC. ..
- Leav I, Galluzzi C, Ziar J, Stork P, Ho S, Loda M. Mitogen-activated protein kinase and mitogen-activated kinase phosphatase-1 expression in the Noble rat model of sex hormone-induced prostatic dysplasia and carcinoma. Lab Invest. 1996;75:361-70 pubmed..Taken together, results from this and our recent study suggest that alterations in a growth factor-MAP-kinase pathway may be important events in the initiation and progression of prostatic carcinoma. ..
- Kukushkin A, Svetlikova S, Pospelov V. [Protein phosphatase MKP-1 participates in c-fos gene derepression under the action of stress factors on fibroblasts transformed with E1A and cHA-ras oncogenes]. Tsitologiia. 2013;55:861-7 pubmed
- Qian Z, Gilbert M, Kandel E. Temporal and spatial regulation of the expression of BAD2, a MAP kinase phosphatase, during seizure, kindling, and long-term potentiation. Learn Mem. 1994;1:180-8 pubmed..In these regions, the induction of a MAP kinase-specific phosphatase may provide a negative feedback control associated with long-term synaptic changes. ..
- Jones E, Vinh A, McCarthy C, Gaspari T, Widdop R. AT2 receptors: functional relevance in cardiovascular disease. Pharmacol Ther. 2008;120:292-316 pubmed publisher..During cardiovascular disease, there is likely to be an increased functional importance of AT2R, stimulated by Ang II, or even shorter angiotensin peptide fragments, to limit AT1R-mediated overactivity and cardiovascular pathologies. ..
- Gass P, Eckhardt A, Schroder H, Bravo R, Herdegen T. Transient expression of the mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase MKP-1 (3CH134/ERP1) in the rat brain after limbic epilepsy. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;41:74-80 pubmedThe immediate early gene-encoded enzyme, MAP kinase phosphatase 1 (MKP-1), is thought to be a key element in controlling cellular signalling pathways activated by MAP kinases...
- Lornejad Schäfer M, Schafer C, Graf D, Haussinger D, Schliess F. Osmotic regulation of insulin-induced mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase (MKP-1) expression in H4IIE rat hepatoma cells. Biochem J. 2003;371:609-19 pubmed..The suppression of MKP-1 may further contribute to insulin resistance under dehydrating conditions by allowing unbalanced MAP kinase activation. ..
- Zhou J, Wang L, Ling S, Zhang X. Expression changes of growth-associated protein-43 (GAP-43) and mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) and in hippocampus of streptozotocin-induced diabetic cognitive impairment rats. Exp Neurol. 2007;206:201-8 pubmed..As indicated by our study, the changes in GAP-43 and MKP-1 expression in hippocampus may play a role in the pathogenesis of diabetic dementia. ..
- Xu Q, Fawcett T, Gorospe M, Guyton K, Liu Y, Holbrook N. Induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 during acute hypertension. Hypertension. 1997;30:106-11 pubmed..These findings support a role for MKP-1 in the in vivo regulation of MAP kinase activity during hemodynamic stress. ..
- Giachini F, Sullivan J, Lima V, Carneiro F, Fortes Z, Pollock D, et al. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activation, via downregulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 1, mediates sex differences in desoxycorticosterone acetate-salt hypertension vascular reactivity. Hypertension. 2010;55:172-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 1 and interleukin 10 play regulatory roles in this process. ..
- Lee J, Woo J, Woo S, Kim K, Park S, Joe E, et al. The 15-deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 suppresses monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in IFN-gamma-stimulated astrocytes through induction of MAPK phosphatase-1. J Immunol. 2008;181:8642-9 pubmed..Considering the importance of MCP-1 in inflammatory processes, our results suggest that 15d-PGJ(2) analogues may have therapeutic potential to attenuate inflammatory brain diseases by inducing MKP-1 expression. ..
- Nautiyal M, Katakam P, Busija D, Gallagher P, Tallant E, Chappell M, et al. Differences in oxidative stress status and expression of MKP-1 in dorsal medulla of transgenic rats with altered brain renin-angiotensin system. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R799-806 pubmed publisher..Higher ROS was associated with hypertension in (mRen2)27 and normal MKP-1, whereas the higher MKP-1 was associated with hypotension in AS, where ROS was normal relative to SD rats. ..
- Ryser S, Tortola S, van Haasteren G, Muda M, Li S, Schlegel W. MAP kinase phosphatase-1 gene transcription in rat neuroendocrine cells is modulated by a calcium-sensitive block to elongation in the first exon. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33319-27 pubmed..Here we describe this phenomenon for the MAP kinase phosphatase 1 (MKP-1) immediate early gene...
- Wang C, Zhang X, Li Y, Wang G, Wang X, Dong J, et al. Role of hippocampus mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 mRNA expression and DNA methylation in the depression of the rats with chronic unpredicted stress. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2015;35:473-82 pubmed publisher..MKP-1 in the hippocampus might be involved in the etiology of depression, and DNA methylation of MKP-1 gene promoter in the hippocampus did not related with the depression. ..
- Jacob A, Rajan D, Pathickal B, Balouch I, Hartman A, Wu R, et al. The inhibitory effect of ghrelin on sepsis-induced inflammation is mediated by the MAPK phosphatase-1. Int J Mol Med. 2010;25:159-64 pubmed..Infusion with NE produced a significant 73.7% decrease in MKP-1 mRNA. Therefore, ghrelin's inhibitory effect on gut-derived NE release in sepsis leading to the downregulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines is mediated by MKP-1. ..
- Wang J, Shen J, Kong J. [Effects of pioglitazone on MKP-1 and TSP-1 expression in early stages of diabetic retinopathy induced by streptozotocin]. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2006;35:529-34 pubmed..Further studies should address the possible involvement of TSP-1 and MKP-1 in the correlational pathophysiology between pioglitazone and diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Kawanaka H, Tomikawa M, Baatar D, Jones M, Pai R, Szabo I, et al. Despite activation of EGF-receptor-ERK signaling pathway, epithelial proliferation is impaired in portal hypertensive gastric mucosa: relevance of MKP-1, c-fos, c-myc, and cyclin D1 expression. Life Sci. 2001;69:3019-33 pubmed
- Reddy S, Nguyen J, Grijalva V, Hough G, Hama S, Navab M, et al. Potential role for mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 in the development of atherosclerotic lesions in mouse models. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:1676-81 pubmed..We now report that MKP-1 protein is expressed in the atherosclerotic lesions of mice and inhibition of tyrosine phosphatase activity and MKP-1 protein reduce atherosclerotic lesions in mouse models. ..