Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir132
Description: microRNA 132
- Yao C, Shi X, Zhang Z, Zhou S, Qian T, Wang Y, et al. Hypoxia-Induced Upregulation of miR-132 Promotes Schwann Cell Migration After Sciatic Nerve Injury by Targeting PRKAG3. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5129-39 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that the hypoxia-induced upregulation of miR-132 could promote SC migration and facilitate peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- Luikart B, Bensen A, Washburn E, Perederiy J, Su K, Li Y, et al. miR-132 mediates the integration of newborn neurons into the adult dentate gyrus. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19077 pubmed publisher..The correlation of miR-132 knockdown to increased proinflammatory molecular expression may indicate a mechanistic link whereby miR-132 functions as an endogenous mediator of activity-dependent integration in vivo. ..
- Wang X, Li L, Sun G, Wu Z, Li J, Gu Y. Expressions of miR-132, miR-134, and miR-485 in rat primary motor cortex during transhemispheric functional reorganization after contralateral seventh cervical spinal nerve root transfer following brachial plexus avulsion injuries. Neuroreport. 2016;27:12-7 pubmed publisher..The results are useful for understanding the mechanism underlying transhemispheric functional reorganization after contralateral seventh cervical spinal nerve root transfer following BPAI. ..
- Lee S, Chu K, Im W, Yoon H, Im J, Park J, et al. Altered microRNA regulation in Huntington's disease models. Exp Neurol. 2011;227:172-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that transgenic HD mice have abnormal miRNA biogenesis. This information should aid in future studies on therapeutic application of miRNAs in HD. ..
- Hu Z, Shen W, Kraemer F, Azhar S. Regulation of adrenal and ovarian steroidogenesis by miR-132. J Mol Endocrinol. 2017;59:269-283 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that miR-132 attenuates steroidogenesis by repressing StAR expression and inducing 20α-HSD via inhibition of MeCP2 to generate a biologically inactive 20α-OHP. ..
- Kashyap M, Pore S, Chancellor M, Yoshimura N, Tyagi P. Bladder overactivity involves overexpression of MicroRNA 132 and nerve growth factor. Life Sci. 2016;167:98-104 pubmed publisher..Findings demonstrate that aberrant expression of NGF and miR-132 is involved in voiding dysfunctions. ..
- Joss Moore L, Wang Y, Ogata E, Sainz A, Yu X, Callaway C, et al. IUGR differentially alters MeCP2 expression and H3K9Me3 of the PPAR? gene in male and female rat lungs during alveolarization. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:672-81 pubmed publisher..the presence of MeCP2 short and long mRNA transcripts, MeCP2 protein isoforms, and the MeCP2 regulatory micro RNA, miR132. We further hypothesized that IUGR would, in a gender-specific manner, alter the levels of MeCP2 components in ..
- Keasey M, Scott H, Bantounas I, Uney J, Kelly S. MiR-132 Is Upregulated by Ischemic Preconditioning of Cultured Hippocampal Neurons and Protects them from Subsequent OGD Toxicity. J Mol Neurosci. 2016;59:404-10 pubmed publisher..These findings add to the growing literature that targeting neuroprotective pathways controlled by miRNAs may represent a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of ischemic brain injury. ..
- Lesiak A, Zhu M, Chen H, Appleyard S, Impey S, Lein P, et al. The environmental neurotoxicant PCB 95 promotes synaptogenesis via ryanodine receptor-dependent miR132 upregulation. J Neurosci. 2014;34:717-25 pubmed publisher..the frequency of miniature EPSCs in primary dissociated rat hippocampal cultures coincident with upregulation of miR132. Inhibition of RyR, CREB, or miR132 as well as expression of a mutant p250GAP cDNA construct that is not ..
- Scott H, Tamagnini F, Narduzzo K, Howarth J, Lee Y, Wong L, et al. MicroRNA-132 regulates recognition memory and synaptic plasticity in the perirhinal cortex. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:2941-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results demonstrate a role for miR-132 in the neuronal mechanisms underlying the formation of short-term recognition memory. ..
- Su M, Hong J, Zhao Y, Liu S, Xue X. MeCP2 controls hippocampal brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression via homeostatic interactions with microRNAâ€‘132 in rats with depression. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:5399-406 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that homeostatic interactions between MeCP2 and miRâ€‘132 may regulate hippocampal BDNF levels, which may have a role in the pathogenesis of MDD. ..
- Lungu G, Stoica G, Ambrus A. MicroRNA profiling and the role of microRNA-132 in neurodegeneration using a rat model. Neurosci Lett. 2013;553:153-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-132 can regulate Nurr1 levels and might influence the development and function of midbrain dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Feng Y, Jankovic J, Wu Y. Epigenetic mechanisms in Parkinson's disease. J Neurol Sci. 2015;349:3-9 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will focus on the abnormal epigenetic modifications involved in the pathogenesis of PD and their implications for the development of future diagnostic and therapeutic strategies. ..
- Eskildsen T, Schneider M, Sandberg M, Skov V, Brønnum H, Thomassen M, et al. The microRNA-132/212 family fine-tunes multiple targets in Angiotensin II signalling in cardiac fibroblasts. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2015;16:1288-97 pubmed publisher..Our data underscore the potential for miRNA tools to manipulate a large array of molecules and thereby control biological function. ..
- Davis C, Clinton J, Taishi P, Bohnet S, Honn K, Krueger J. MicroRNA 132 alters sleep and varies with time in brain. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011;111:665-72 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that miRNAs play a regulatory role in sleep and provide a new tool for investigating sleep regulation. ..
- Lannes J, L HÃ´te D, Garrel G, LaverriÃ¨re J, Cohen Tannoudji J, QuÃ©rat B. Rapid communication: A microRNA-132/212 pathway mediates GnRH activation of FSH expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:364-72 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of an obligatory microRNA pathway in the GnRH-regulated expression of a gonadotropin gene. ..
- Zhang S, Liang Z, Sun W, Pei L. Repeated propofol anesthesia induced downregulation of hippocampal miR-132 and learning and memory impairment of rats. Brain Res. 2017;1670:156-164 pubmed publisher..Therefore, repeated propofol anesthesia induces downregulation of miR-132 and learning and memory impairment in the hippocampus of rats. ..