Gene Symbol: Mir126
Description: microRNA mir-126
- Shi H, Chen L, Wang H, Zhu S, Dong C, Webster K, et al. Synergistic induction of miR-126 by hypoxia and HDAC inhibitors in cardiac myocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:827-32 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that miR-126 is a hypoxia-inducible target of HAT/HDAC and its activation in cardiac myocytes may contribute to cardioprotection by activating cell survival and pro-angiogenic pathways selectively during ischemia. ..
- Ishizaki T, Tamiya T, Taniguchi K, Morita R, Kato R, Okamoto F, et al. miR126 positively regulates mast cell proliferation and cytokine production through suppressing Spred1. Genes Cells. 2011;16:803-14 pubmed publisher..Spred1 has also been implicated as the target of microRNA-126 (miR126), a miRNA located within the Egfl7 gene, and is involved in the regulation of vessel development through its role ..
- Gong X, Chen C, Hou P, Zhu S, Wu C, Song C, et al. Overexpression of miR-126 inhibits the activation and migration of HSCs through targeting CRK. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;33:97-106 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that overexpression of miR-126 significantly inhibited the activation and migration of HSCs through targeting CRK which can also decrease miR-126 expression and promote HSCs activation. ..
- Guo C, Sah J, Beard L, Willson J, Markowitz S, Guda K. The noncoding RNA, miR-126, suppresses the growth of neoplastic cells by targeting phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling and is frequently lost in colon cancers. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2008;47:939-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that miR-126 regulates PI3K signaling partly by targeting p85beta, and that the loss of miR-126 may provide a selective growth advantage during colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Potus F, Ruffenach G, Dahou A, Thebault C, Breuils Bonnet S, Tremblay Ã, et al. Downregulation of MicroRNA-126 Contributes to the Failing Right Ventricle in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Circulation. 2015;132:932-43 pubmed publisher..More importantly, miR-126 upregulation in the RV improves microvessel density and RV function in experimental PAH. ..
- Chen L, Wang J, Wang B, Yang J, Gong Z, Zhao X, et al. MiR-126 inhibits vascular endothelial cell apoptosis through targeting PI3K/Akt signaling. Ann Hematol. 2016;95:365-74 pubmed publisher..Overexpressed miR-126 inhibits apoptosis of VECs and DVT through targeting the anti-apoptotic pathway PI3K/Akt via PIK3R2. These findings may provide a new target for the therapy of DVT. ..
- Li B, Tao Y, Huang Q. Effect and mechanism of miR-126 in myocardial ischemia reperfusion. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:18990-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-126 is down-regulated in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury and that the inhibition of miR-126 may protect against myocardial cell apoptosis caused by ischemia-reperfusion. ..
- Tao H, Wang M, Zhang M, Zhang S, Wang C, Yuan W, et al. MiR-126 Suppresses the Glucose-Stimulated Proliferation via IRS-2 in INS-1 Î² Cells. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149954 pubmed publisher..MiR-126 may take part in the glucose homeostasis both through its target IRS-2 and IRS-1. The unbalance between IRS-1 and IRS-2 caused by miR-126 may play an important role in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Wang Y, Yan H. MicroRNA-126 contributes to Niaspan treatment induced vascular restoration after diabetic retinopathy. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26909 pubmed publisher..These data are the first to show that Niaspan treatment ameliorates DR through its repair vascular and inhibits inflammatory effects, and also suggest that the miR-126 pathway may contribute to Niaspan treatment induced benefit effects. ..
- Yang Y, Kan Q, Qiu J, Pu X, Zhang P, Zhang X, et al. [Role of miRNA-126/miRNA-126* in the fetal lung development of rats]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2012;14:708-12 pubmed..05). miRNA-126(*) may play an important role in development of the fetal lung in rats. ..
- Xi T, Jin F, Zhu Y, Wang J, Tang L, Wang Y, et al. MicroRNA-126-3p attenuates blood-brain barrier disruption, cerebral edema and neuronal injury following intracerebral hemorrhage by regulating PIK3R2 and Akt. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:144-151 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that exogenous miR-126-3p may alleviate BBB disruption, cerebral edema and neuronal injury following ICH by targeting PIK3R2 and the Akt signaling pathway in brain vascular endothelium...
- Ye P, Liu J, He F, Xu W, Yao K. Hypoxia-induced deregulation of miR-126 and its regulative effect on VEGF and MMP-9 expression. Int J Med Sci. 2014;11:17-23 pubmed publisher..miR-126 is down-regulated under hypoxic condition both in vitro and in vivo and may halt the hypoxia-induce neovascularization by suspending the cell cycle progression and inhibiting the expression of VEGF and MMP-9. ..