Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mef2d
Description: myocyte enhancer factor 2D
Alias: myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2D
- Aude Garcia C, Collin Faure V, Bausinger H, Hanau D, Rabilloud T, Lemercier C. Dual roles for MEF2A and MEF2D during human macrophage terminal differentiation and c-Jun expression. Biochem J. 2010;430:237-44 pubmed publisher..We show in the present study that MEF2A and MEF2D, two other MEF2 family members, are expressed in human primary monocytes and in higher amounts in monocyte-derived ..
- Liu N, Williams A, Kim Y, McAnally J, Bezprozvannaya S, Sutherland L, et al. An intragenic MEF2-dependent enhancer directs muscle-specific expression of microRNAs 1 and 133. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:20844-9 pubmed
- Butts B, Hudson H, Linseman D, Le S, Ryan K, Bouchard R, et al. Proteasome inhibition elicits a biphasic effect on neuronal apoptosis via differential regulation of pro-survival and pro-apoptotic transcription factors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;30:279-89 pubmed..loss of DNA binding, ubiquitination, and degradation of the pro-survival transcription factor MEF2D induced by removal of depolarizing medium...
- Kim M, Kim S, Kang J, Hyun J, Boo H, Eun S, et al. 6-Hydroxydopamine-induced PC12 cell death is mediated by MEF2D down-regulation. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:223-31 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the possible involvement of cdk5-mediated MEF2D down-regulation on 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA)-induced PC12 cell death...
- Desjardins C, Naya F. Antagonistic regulation of cell-cycle and differentiation gene programs in neonatal cardiomyocytes by homologous MEF2 transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10613-10629 pubmed publisher..MEF2A and MEF2D were absolutely required for cardiomyocyte survival, whereas MEF2C, despite its major role in cardiac ..
- Kim T, Jung J, Mysliwiec M, Kang S, Lee Y. Jumonji represses alpha-cardiac myosin heavy chain expression via inhibiting MEF2 activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:544-53 pubmed..These results suggest that JMJ represses alphaMHC expression via protein-protein interaction with MEF2A. ..
- Hata Y, Sudhof T. A novel ubiquitous form of Munc-18 interacts with multiple syntaxins. Use of the yeast two-hybrid system to study interactions between proteins involved in membrane traffic. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13022-8 pubmed..The lack of specificity of the interactions between syntaxins and Munc-18s indicates that specificity of membrane trafficking reactions is not dependent on this interaction. ..
- Lam B, Chawla S. MEF2D expression increases during neuronal differentiation of neural progenitor cells and correlates with neurite length. Neurosci Lett. 2007;427:153-8 pubmed..We used immunocytochemistry to examine the expression of the isoform MEF2D during the differentiation of embryonic rat neural progenitor cells as a step towards evaluating the role of MEF2 ..
- Iida K, Hidaka K, Takeuchi M, Nakayama M, Yutani C, Mukai T, et al. Expression of MEF2 genes during human cardiac development. Tohoku J Exp Med. 1999;187:15-23 pubmed..Expression of all four MEF2 transcripts (MEF2A, MEF2B, MEF2C, and MEF2D) were detected in all developmental stage of the human heart, while Mef2b transcripts were down-regulated in mouse ..
- Yang C, Ornatsky O, McDermott J, Cruz T, Prody C. Interaction of myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) with a mitogen-activated protein kinase, ERK5/BMK1. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:4771-7 pubmed..Furthermore, when cotransfected with ERK5/BMK1, the transactivation capacity of MEF2 was enhanced. These results suggest that the functions of MEF2 could be regulated through ERK5/BMK1. ..
- Estrella N, Clark A, Desjardins C, Nocco S, Naya F. MEF2D deficiency in neonatal cardiomyocytes triggers cell cycle re-entry and programmed cell death in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:24367-80 pubmed publisher..b>MEF2D is a key transcriptional mediator of pathological remodeling in the adult heart downstream of various stress-..
- Salma J, McDermott J. Suppression of a MEF2-KLF6 survival pathway by PKA signaling promotes apoptosis in embryonic hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2790-803 pubmed publisher..A core component of the MEF2 complex is the MEF2D subunit...
- Wang X, Tang X, Gong X, Albanis E, Friedman S, Mao Z. Regulation of hepatic stellate cell activation and growth by transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor 2. Gastroenterology. 2004;127:1174-88 pubmed..These studies show a novel role of MEF2 as a key nuclear mediator that may participate in the pathologic process of liver fibrogenesis in vivo. ..
- Wei G, Yin Y, Li W, Bito H, She H, Mao Z. Calpain-mediated degradation of myocyte enhancer factor 2D contributes to excitotoxicity by activation of extrasynaptic N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5797-805 pubmed publisher..Here we report the new findings on the dysregulation of survival factor, myocyte enhancer factor 2D (MEF2D), by extrasynaptic NMDARs...
- Molinari S, Relaix F, Lemonnier M, Kirschbaum B, Schafer B, Buckingham M. A novel complex regulates cardiac actin gene expression through interaction of Emb, a class VI POU domain protein, MEF2D, and the histone transacetylase p300. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2944-57 pubmed..Emb binds as a major complex with MEF2D and the histone transacetylase p300...
- Black B, Ligon K, Zhang Y, Olson E. Cooperative transcriptional activation by the neurogenic basic helix-loop-helix protein MASH1 and members of the myocyte enhancer factor-2 (MEF2) family. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26659-63 pubmed..These results suggest that members of the MEF2 family perform similar roles in synergistic activation of transcription in myogenic and neurogenic lineages by serving as cofactors for cell type-specific bHLH proteins. ..
- Li K, Pan J, Wang J, Liu F, Wang L. MiR-665 regulates VSMCs proliferation via targeting FGF9 and MEF2D and modulating activities of Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Am J Transl Res. 2017;9:4402-4414 pubmed..The miR-665 targeted-3'UTR of fibroblast growth factor 9 (FGF9) and myocyte enhancer factor 2D (MEF2D) was confirmed by luciferase reporter assay...
- Leupin O, Kramer I, Collette N, Loots G, Natt F, Kneissel M, et al. Control of the SOST bone enhancer by PTH using MEF2 transcription factors. J Bone Miner Res. 2007;22:1957-67 pubmed..Hence, MEF2s are implicated in the regulation of adult bone mass. ..
- Silva J, Giannocco G, Furuya D, Lima G, Moraes P, Nachef S, et al. NF-kappaB, MEF2A, MEF2D and HIF1-a involvement on insulin- and contraction-induced regulation of GLUT4 gene expression in soleus muscle. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;240:82-93 pubmed..Differently, in vitro, muscle contraction led to a rapid increase (35-80%) in GLUT4, MEF2A, MEF2D and HIF1-a mRNAs...
- Gregoire S, Xiao L, Nie J, Zhang X, Xu M, Li J, et al. Histone deacetylase 3 interacts with and deacetylates myocyte enhancer factor 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1280-95 pubmed..We report here that treatment of HEK293 cells with trichostatin A or nicotinamide upregulated MEF2D acetylation, suggesting that different deacetylases catalyze the deacetylation...
- Arnold M, Kim Y, Czubryt M, Phan D, McAnally J, Qi X, et al. MEF2C transcription factor controls chondrocyte hypertrophy and bone development. Dev Cell. 2007;12:377-89 pubmed..These findings reveal unexpected commonalities in the mechanisms governing muscle, cardiovascular, and bone development with respect to their regulation by MEF2 and class II HDACs. ..
- Flavell S, Cowan C, Kim T, Greer P, Lin Y, Paradis S, et al. Activity-dependent regulation of MEF2 transcription factors suppresses excitatory synapse number. Science. 2006;311:1008-12 pubmed..These findings define an activity-dependent transcriptional program that may control synapse number during development. ..
- Geng J, Zhao Z, Kang W, Wang W, Zhang Y, Zhiming G. Atorvastatin reverses cardiac remodeling possibly through regulation of protein kinase D/myocyte enhancer factor 2D activation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Pharmacol Res. 2010;61:40-7 pubmed publisher..cardiac remodeling and whether these effects involved Protein Kinase D (PKD) and Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2D (MEF2D), factors known to be implicated in cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis...
- Han T, Prywes R. Regulatory role of MEF2D in serum induction of the c-jun promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:2907-15 pubmed..We have found that MEF2D is the predominant protein in HeLa cells that binds to the c-jun MEF2 site...
- Wang X, Tang X, Li M, Marshall J, Mao Z. Regulation of neuroprotective activity of myocyte-enhancer factor 2 by cAMP-protein kinase A signaling pathway in neuronal survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16705-13 pubmed..This study identifies the transcription factor MEF2 as a target of cAMP-PKA pathway and demonstrates that PKA phosphorylation of MEF2 is a key step in modulating its DNA binding activity and ability to promote neuronal survival. ..
- Zhao M, New L, Kravchenko V, Kato Y, Gram H, Di Padova F, et al. Regulation of the MEF2 family of transcription factors by p38. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:21-30 pubmed..We found that MEF2A, but not MEF2B or MEF2D, is a substrate for p38. Among the four p38 group members, p38 is the most potent kinase for MEF2A...
- Jung S, Ko Y. TRIM72, a novel negative feedback regulator of myogenesis, is transcriptionally activated by the synergism of MyoD (or myogenin) and MEF2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:238-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together all these data, we concluded that the synergism of MyoD (or myogenin) and MEF2 is necessary for TRIM72 expression during C2C12 differentiation. ..
- Czubryt M, Lamoureux L, Ramjiawan A, Abrenica B, Jangamreddy J, Swan K. Regulation of cardiomyocyte Glut4 expression by ZAC1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16942-50 pubmed publisher..This work identifies ZAC1 as a novel and previously unknown regulator of cardiomyocyte Glut4 expression and glucose uptake. Our results also implicate MEF2 as a regulator of ZAC1 expression in response to induction of hypertrophy. ..