Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mdh2
Description: malate dehydrogenase 2
Alias: Mor1, malate dehydrogenase, mitochondrial, malate dehydrogenase 2, NAD (mitochondrial)
- Wiseman M, McKay D, Crow K, Hardman M. Rat liver mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase: purification, kinetic properties, and role in ethanol metabolism. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1991;290:191-6 pubmed
- Grant P, Tellam J, May V, Strauss A. Isolation and nucleotide sequence of a cDNA clone encoding rat mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1986;14:6053-66 pubmed..The amino acid composition of the transit peptide is polar and basic. The pre-mMDH transit peptide shows marked homology with those of two other enzymes targeted to the rat mitochondrial matrix. ..
- Ramos A, Ferreira G, Carvalho Silva M, Furlanetto C, Gonçalves C, Ferreira G, et al. Acute administration of l-tyrosine alters energetic metabolism of hippocampus and striatum of infant rats. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2013;31:303-7 pubmed publisher..If the same effects occur in the brain of the patients, it is possible that energy metabolism impairment may be contribute to possible damage in memory and cognitive processes in patients with tyrosinemia type II. ..
- Tan C, Tuch B, Tu J, Brown S. Role of NADH shuttles in glucose-induced insulin secretion from fetal beta-cells. Diabetes. 2002;51:2989-96 pubmed..We concluded that the immaturity of the NADH shuttles contributes to the inability of fetal beta-cells to secrete insulin in response to glucose. ..
- Mavrides C, Nadeau G. Purification and properties of the cytosolic and mitochondrial forms of aspartate aminotransferase and malate dehydrogenase from rat heart. Biochem Cell Biol. 1987;65:239-44 pubmed..Michaelis constants and maximal velocities were derived by the use of primary and secondary plots. In general, the properties of the enzymes from rat heart are similar to the properties of the enzymes from other animal sources. ..
- Rzem R, Vincent M, Van Schaftingen E, Veiga da Cunha M. L-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria, a defect of metabolite repair. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2007;30:681-9 pubmed..The latter enzyme appears, therefore, to be responsible for a 'metabolite repair' phenomenon and to belong to the expanding class of 'house-cleaning' enzymes. ..
- Ait El Mkadem S, Dayem Quere M, Gusic M, Chaussenot A, Bannwarth S, François B, et al. Mutations in MDH2, Encoding a Krebs Cycle Enzyme, Cause Early-Onset Severe Encephalopathy. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:151-159 pubmed publisherb>MDH2 encodes mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase (MDH), which is essential for the conversion of malate to oxaloacetate as part of the proper functioning of the Krebs cycle...
- Chow K, Ma Z, Cai J, Pierce W, Hersh L. Nardilysin facilitates complex formation between mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and citrate synthase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1723:292-301 pubmed..CS was co-immunoprecipitated with mMDH only in the presence of nardilysin showing that nardilysin facilitates complex formation. ..
- Ithayarasi A, Shyamala Devi C. Effect of alpha-tocopherol on mitochondrial electron transport in experimental myocardial infarction in rats. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 1998;35:115-9 pubmed..In alpha-tocopherol pretreated rats, the activities of TCA cycle enzymes, concentration of cytochromes and the oxidation of succinate in state 3 and state 4 were retained at near normal values, following isoproterenol administration. ..
- Muchi H, Yamamoto Y. Studies on mitochondrial and cytoplasmic malate dehydrogenase in childhood myelodysplastic syndrome. Blood. 1983;62:808-14 pubmed..Both enzymes from leukemic cells of four patients with active disease revealed much higher activities than controls, an expression of partially enhanced oxidative phosphorylation. ..
- Shows T, Chapman V, Ruddle F. Mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and malic enzyme: Mendelian inherited electrophoretic variants in the mouse. Biochem Genet. 1970;4:707-18 pubmed
- Mortensen M, Ferguson D, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Morten K, Komatsu M, et al. Loss of autophagy in erythroid cells leads to defective removal of mitochondria and severe anemia in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:832-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that the selective removal of mitochondria by autophagy, but not other organelles, during erythropoeisis is essential and that this is a necessary developmental step in erythroid cells...
- Lai J, Clark J. Preparation and properties of mitochondria derived from synaptosomes. Biochem J. 1976;154:423-32 pubmed..5. The results are also discussed in the light of the suggested connection between the heterogeneity of brain mitochondria and metabolic compartmentation. ..