Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mc2r
Description: melanocortin 2 receptor
Alias: adrenocorticotropic hormone receptor, melanocortin 2 receptor (adrenocorticotropic hormone)
- Catania A, Lonati C, Sordi A, Carlin A, Leonardi P, Gatti S. The melanocortin system in control of inflammation. ScientificWorldJournal. 2010;10:1840-53 pubmed publisher..This review examines the main signaling circuits in anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory actions of melanocortins, and the potential therapeutic use of these molecules. ..
- Cai G, Ziko I, Barwood J, Soch A, Sominsky L, Molero J, et al. Overfeeding during a critical postnatal period exacerbates hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis responses to immune challenge: a role for adrenal melanocortin 2 receptors. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21097 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, expression of the adrenal melanocortin 2 receptor (MC2R) is elevated after LPS in control rats, but significantly less so in the neonatally overfed...
- Nankova B, Kvetnansky R, Sabban E. Adrenocorticotropic hormone (MC-2) receptor mRNA is expressed in rat sympathetic ganglia and up-regulated by stress. Neurosci Lett. 2003;344:149-52 pubmed..The results provide the first evidence that rat sympathetic ganglia express MC-2 receptor gene and are a target tissue for the peripheral actions of ACTH in response to stress. ..
- Reyes B, Valentino R, Van Bockstaele E. Stress-induced intracellular trafficking of corticotropin-releasing factor receptors in rat locus coeruleus neurons. Endocrinology. 2008;149:122-30 pubmed
- Clark A, McLoughlin L, Grossman A. Familial glucocorticoid deficiency associated with point mutation in the adrenocorticotropin receptor. Lancet. 1993;341:461-2 pubmed..This is only the second clinical disorder associated with a GTP-binding-protein-linked hormone-receptor mutation. ..
- Malik I, Triebel J, Posselt J, Khan S, Ramadori P, Raddatz D, et al. Melanocortin receptors in rat liver cells: change of gene expression and intracellular localization during acute-phase response. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;137:279-91 pubmed publisher..Due to the presence of specific ligands in the serum, they may mediate metabolic changes and exert a protective effect on liver cells. ..