Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mbl2
Description: mannose-binding lectin (protein C) 2
Alias: Ab2-001, Ab2-011, mannose-binding protein C, MBP-C, RA-reactive factor P28A subunit, RARF/P28A, mannan-binding protein, mannose binding lectin 2 (protein C), mannose-binding protein C (liver), ra-reactive factor polysaccharide-binding component p28A, raRF p28A
- Giraldo P, Babula O, Gonçalves A, Linhares I, Amaral R, Ledger W, et al. Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphism, vulvovaginal candidiasis, and bacterial vaginosis. Obstet Gynecol. 2007;109:1123-8 pubmed..To evaluate associations between polymorphisms in the gene coding for mannose-binding lectin (MBL) and the diagnosis of acute or recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis and bacterial vaginosis..
- Collard C, Montalto M, Reenstra W, Buras J, Stahl G. Endothelial oxidative stress activates the lectin complement pathway: role of cytokeratin 1. Am J Pathol. 2001;159:1045-54 pubmed..These results suggest that MBL binding to endothelial cytokeratins may mediate LCP activation after oxidative stress. ..
- Kaur S, Gupta V, Thiel S, Sarma P, Madan T. Protective role of mannan-binding lectin in a murine model of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2007;148:382-9 pubmed
- Smithson A, Munoz A, Suarez B, Soto S, Perello R, Soriano A, et al. Association between mannose-binding lectin deficiency and septic shock following acute pyelonephritis due to Escherichia coli. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2007;14:256-61 pubmedStructural and promoter MBL2 gene polymorphisms responsible for low MBL levels are associated with increased risk of infection...
- Møller Kristensen M, Wang W, Ruseva M, Thiel S, Nielsen S, Takahashi K, et al. Mannan-binding lectin recognizes structures on ischaemic reperfused mouse kidneys and is implicated in tissue injury. Scand J Immunol. 2005;61:426-34 pubmed..Our data implicate a role of MBL in I/R-induced kidney injury. ..
- Carréra M, Moura P, Crovella S, de Souza P, de Alencar L, Sarinho E. High polymorphism of the MBL2 gene in patients with atopic dermatitis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2010;105:39-42 pubmed publisherLow serum levels of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) are determined mainly by variant alleles of the MBL2 gene and it has been suggested that MBL may play a role in the susceptibility to atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- Teillet F, Gaboriaud C, Lacroix M, Martin L, Arlaud G, Thielens N. Crystal structure of the CUB1-EGF-CUB2 domain of human MASP-1/3 and identification of its interaction sites with mannan-binding lectin and ficolins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25715-24 pubmed publisher..Based on these and other data, a schematic model of a MBL.MASP complex is proposed. ..
- Oka S, Ikeda K, Kawasaki T, Yamashina I. Isolation and characterization of two distinct mannan-binding proteins from rat serum. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1988;260:257-66 pubmed..These results, together with the fact that L-MBP decayed with biphasic curves, suggest that a part of L-MBP is leaked from liver into plasma in the form of S-MBP-I. ..
- Munster J, van der Bij W, Breukink M, van der Steege G, Zuurman M, Hepkema B, et al. Association between donor MBL promoter haplotype and graft survival and the development of BOS after lung transplantation. Transplantation. 2008;86:1857-63 pubmed publisher..Genotyping of the MBL2 variants (promoter: L/H, Y/X, and P/Q allele and exon 1: A/D, A/B, and A/C allele) was performed in donor and ..
- Yang J, Li C, Li Y, Huang H, Li R, Wang G. [Correlation between mannose-binding lectin gene codon 54 polymorphism and susceptibility of Kawasaki disease]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2004;42:176-9 pubmed..01). The codon 54 polymorphism of MBL gene was associated with KD. It is possible that MBL gene codon 54 mutation might be related to the pathogenesis of KD. ..
- Font J, Ramos Casals M, Brito Zeron P, Nardi N, Ibanez A, Suarez B, et al. Association of mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms with antiphospholipid syndrome, cardiovascular disease and chronic damage in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2007;46:76-80 pubmed..MBL polymorphisms were investigated by sequencing-based DNA typing of the promoter and exon 1 of the MBL2 gene. The genotypes 0/0, 0/XA and XA/XA were considered as MBL-low genotypes...
- Biezeveld M, Geissler J, Weverling G, Kuipers I, Lam J, Ottenkamp J, et al. Polymorphisms in the mannose-binding lectin gene as determinants of age-defined risk of coronary artery lesions in Kawasaki disease. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:369-76 pubmed..of the genotypes, defined as mutations in codons 52, 54, and 57, and the functional promoter variants of the MBL2 gene were determined in 88 patients with acute Kawasaki disease (median age at onset 1.9 years)...
- Shi L, Takahashi K, Dundee J, Shahroor Karni S, Thiel S, Jensenius J, et al. Mannose-binding lectin-deficient mice are susceptible to infection with Staphylococcus aureus. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1379-90 pubmed..aureus infection in mice and raises the idea that the MBL gene may act as a disease susceptibility gene against staphylococci infections in humans. ..
- Cervera C, Lozano F, Linares L, Anton A, Balderramo D, Suarez B, et al. Influence of mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms on the invasiveness of cytomegalovirus disease after solid organ transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:2259-61 pubmed publisher..Certain single-nucleotide polymorphisms of MBL2 are associated with a decrease in the circulating levels of MBL...
- Inanc N, Mumcu G, Birtas E, Elbir Y, Yavuz S, Ergun T, et al. Serum mannose-binding lectin levels are decreased in behcet's disease and associated with disease severity. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:287-91 pubmed..042). MBL deficiency might contribute to the pathogenesis of BD and affect its clinical course. ..
- Rugonfalvi Kiss S, Dosa E, Madsen H, Endresz V, Prohaszka Z, Laki J, et al. High rate of early restenosis after carotid eversion endarterectomy in homozygous carriers of the normal mannose-binding lectin genotype. Stroke. 2005;36:944-8 pubmed..007). These results indicate that reoccurrence of stenosis after carotid endarterectomy is partially genetically determined and imply that MBL contributes significantly to the pathophysiology of this condition. ..
- Oka S, Itoh N, Kawasaki T, Yamashina I. Primary structure of rat liver mannan-binding protein deduced from its cDNA sequence. J Biochem. 1987;101:135-44 pubmed..Computer analysis of several lectins for sequence homology suggested that the COOH-terminal quarter of the MBP is associated with the calcium binding as well as carbohydrate recognition. ..
- Ampel N, Dionne S, Giblin A, Podany A, Galgiani J. Mannose-binding lectin serum levels are low in persons with clinically active coccidioidomycosis. Mycopathologia. 2009;167:173-80 pubmed publisher..Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a circulating collectin that is part of the innate immune response. We explored the serum levels of MBL in persons with different forms of coccidioidomycosis...
- Onay H, Pehlivan M, Alper S, Ozkinay F, Pehlivan S. Might there be a link between mannose binding lectin and vitiligo?. Eur J Dermatol. 2007;17:146-8 pubmed..This study aimed to examine the presence of any association between MBL2 gene variants and vitiligo...
- Endeman H, Herpers B, de Jong B, Voorn G, Grutters J, van Velzen Blad H, et al. Mannose-binding lectin genotypes in susceptibility to community-acquired pneumonia. Chest. 2008;134:1135-1140 pubmed publisher..Sufficient MBL genotypes were more frequently found in a small group of patients with atypical pneumonia, and MBL-deficient genotypes were more frequently found in patients with viral (co)infections. ..
- Gregersen S, Aaløkken T, Mynarek G, Fevang B, Holm A, Ueland T, et al. Development of pulmonary abnormalities in patients with common variable immunodeficiency: associations with clinical and immunologic factors. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2010;104:503-10 pubmed publisher..For a period of 4 years, lung function and HRCT deteriorated in CVID patients treated with immunoglobulins. ..
- Dursun O, Yilmaz A, Ayaz L, Tamer L. Serum levels and H/L gene polymorphism of mannose-binding lectin in primary open angle glaucoma. Curr Eye Res. 2012;37:212-7 pubmed publisher..According to genotype ratios, the two groups were not different from each other. Our findings may suggest an association between high serum MBL-2 levels and POAG, but H/L gene polymorphism of MBL-2 seems not to be associated with POAG. ..
- Baysal E, Oğuzkan Balci S, Tunc O, Celenk F, Deniz M, Kanlikama M, et al. The polymorphisms of the MBL2 and MIF genes associated with Pediatric Cochlear Implant Patients. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;77:338-40 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate if there was any association between mannose-binding lectin 2 (MBL2) and macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) gene polymorphisms and profound congenital sensorineural hearing ..
- Kuroki Y, Honma T, Chiba H, Sano H, Saitoh M, Ogasawara Y, et al. A novel type of binding specificity to phospholipids for rat mannose-binding proteins isolated from serum and liver. FEBS Lett. 1997;414:387-92 pubmed..L-MBP also bound to cardiolipin. These results provide evidence for a novel type of ligand binding specificity for MBPs, and raise the possibility that phospholipids are ligands for collectins. ..
- Chen J, Xu Z, Ou X, Wang M, Yang X, Li Q. Mannose-binding lectin polymorphisms and recurrent respiratory tract infection in Chinese children. Eur J Pediatr. 2009;168:1305-13 pubmed publisher..lectin (MBL) serum level in children and to investigate the correlation between the polymorphisms of MBL2 gene and serum MBL level in healthy Chinese of Han ethnic group and in children of Chinese Han ethnic group with ..
- Fernandez Real J, Straczkowski M, Vendrell J, Soriguer F, Perez Del Pulgar S, Gallart L, et al. Protection from inflammatory disease in insulin resistance: the role of mannan-binding lectin. Diabetologia. 2006;49:2402-11 pubmed..We performed a cross-sectional study of MBL protein concentration (n=434) and MBL2 gene mutations (exon 1) (n=759) in association with obesity, markers of inflammation and insulin action (..
- de Vries B, Walter S, Peutz Kootstra C, Wolfs T, van Heurn L, Buurman W. The mannose-binding lectin-pathway is involved in complement activation in the course of renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:1677-88 pubmed..These data indicate that the MBL-pathway is involved in ischemia-induced complement activation. ..
- Clemons K, Martinez M, Tong A, Stevens D. Resistance of MBL gene-knockout mice to experimental systemic aspergillosis. Immunol Lett. 2010;128:105-7 pubmed publisher..015). At the lowest inoculum used, deaths of KO mice were delayed, but survival was not significantly different than WT (P>0.05). These results suggest MBL may play a deleterious role in systemic aspergillosis. ..
- Koponen P, He Q, Helminen M, Nuolivirta K, Korppi M. Association of MBL2 polymorphism with asthma after bronchiolitis in infancy. Pediatr Int. 2012;54:619-22 pubmed publisher..4 years (mean). A total of 141 (85%) frozen whole blood samples were available for MBL genotyping and MBL2 gene mutations were determined on pyrosequencing for detection of three single-nucleotide polymorphisms...
- Nakamura A, Okigaki M, Miura N, Suzuki C, Ohno N, Kametani F, et al. Involvement of mannose-binding lectin in the pathogenesis of Kawasaki disease-like murine vasculitis. Clin Immunol. 2014;153:64-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that some types of pathogens provoke the MBL-dependent complement pathway (lectin pathway) to cause and/or exacerbate KD-like vasculitis. ..
- Turan H, Karkucak M, Yakut T, Ozsahin M, Gurlevik Z, Yanik M, et al. Does MBL2 codon 54 polymorphism play a role in the pathogenesis of psoriasis?. Int J Dermatol. 2014;53:34-8 pubmed publisher..This trial was designed to evaluate the role of the MBL2 codon 54 polymorphism in the pathogenesis of psoriasis...
- Seppanen M, Lokki M, Lappalainen M, Hiltunen Back E, Rovio A, Kares S, et al. Mannose-binding lectin 2 gene polymorphism in recurrent herpes simplex virus 2 infection. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:218-21 pubmed publisher..In this study, we assessed the effect of MBL2 genotypes on the risk of recurring HSV-2 infection...
- Hodge S, Matthews G, Dean M, Ahern J, Djukic M, Hodge G, et al. Therapeutic role for mannose-binding lectin in cigarette smoke-induced lung inflammation? Evidence from a murine model. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;42:235-42 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence for Rac1/2/3 involvement in the MBL-mediated improvement in efferocytosis, and a rationale for investigating MBL as a supplement to existing therapies in smoking-related lung inflammation. ..
- Capparelli R, Iannaccone M, Palumbo D, Medaglia C, Moscariello E, Russo A, et al. Role played by human mannose-binding lectin polymorphisms in pulmonary tuberculosis. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:666-72 pubmed publisher..LYB/LYD subjects were susceptible to disease (OR, 49 [95% CI, 2.9-812.5]; P < 1 X 10(-6)). This study supports the conclusion that MBL can protect or predispose the host to tuberculosis, depending on the host's haplotype pair. ..
- Cheung Y, Ho M, Ip W, Fok S, Yung T, Lau Y. Modulating effects of mannose binding lectin genotype on arterial stiffness in children after Kawasaki disease. Pediatr Res. 2004;56:591-6 pubmed..20, p = 0.03) as significant determinants of arterial stiffness in the entire cohort. In conclusion, MBL genotype modulates arterial stiffness, an important cardiovascular risk factor, in children after KD. ..
- Gadjeva M, Paludan S, Thiel S, Slavov V, Ruseva M, Eriksson K, et al. Mannan-binding lectin modulates the response to HSV-2 infection. Clin Exp Immunol. 2004;138:304-11 pubmed..0369). This suggests that lack of MBL-mediated complement activation increases susceptibility to viral infection. ..
- Garcia Laorden M, Sole Violan J, Rodriguez de Castro F, Aspa J, Briones M, Garcia Saavedra A, et al. Mannose-binding lectin and mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease 2 in susceptibility, severity, and outcome of pneumonia in adults. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;122:368-74, 374.e1-2 pubmed publisher..MBL and MASP-2 serum levels, as well as lectin pathway activity with regard to MBL2 and MASP2 genotypes, were measured in healthy control subjects...
- Park K, Min K, Nam J, Bang D, Lee E, Lee S. Association of HYPA haplotype in the mannose-binding lectin gene-2 with Behçet's disease. Tissue Antigens. 2005;65:260-5 pubmed..Moreover, the MBL2 gene single-nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes are known to increase the susceptibility to inflammatory ..
- Hu Y, Wu D, Tao R, Shang S. Association between mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphism and pediatric cytomegalovirus infection. Viral Immunol. 2010;23:443-7 pubmed publisher..MBL deficiency results from single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in exon 1, and the promoter region of the human MBL2 gene has been found to be associated with susceptibility to a number of infections...
- Nisihara R, Utiyama S, Oliveira N, Messias Reason I. Mannan-binding lectin deficiency increases the risk of recurrent infections in children with Down's syndrome. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:63-6 pubmed publisher..005, odds ratio = 3.68, 95% confidence interval = 1.5-6.95). These findings demonstrated that MBL deficiency increases the susceptibility to RI in DS patients and that, in the future, they could potentially benefit from MBL therapy. ..
- Litzman J, Freiberger T, Grimbacher B, Gathmann B, Salzer U, Pavlik T, et al. Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphic variants predispose to the development of bronchopulmonary complications but have no influence on other clinical and laboratory symptoms or signs of common variable immunodeficiency. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;153:324-30 pubmed publisher..b>MBL2 gene polymorphisms, both in the coding and promoter regions, lead to low or deficient serum MBL levels...
- Jacobsen S, Baslund B, Madsen H, Tvede N, Svejgaard A, Garred P. Mannose-binding lectin variant alleles and HLA-DR4 alleles are associated with giant cell arteritis. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:2148-53 pubmed..This was not found for HLA-DR4 alleles. These findings indicate that HLA-DR4 and MBL are contributing to the pathophysiology of GCA at different levels in the disease process. ..
- Ng K, Weis W. Coupling of prolyl peptide bond isomerization and Ca2+ binding in a C-type mannose-binding protein. Biochemistry. 1998;37:17977-89 pubmed..The slow kinetics associated with cis-trans proline isomerization may be exploited by endocytic receptors to facilitate sorting of carbohydrate-bearing ligands from the receptor in the endosome. ..
- Wada M, Itoh N, Ohta M, Kawasaki T. Characterization of rat liver mannan-binding protein gene. J Biochem. 1992;111:66-73 pubmed..The exon-intron boundaries of L-MBP are completely identical to those of rat serum and human MBP, suggesting that all three MBPs are derived from a common ancestral gene. ..
- Tao R, Hua C, Hu Y, Shang S. Genetic polymorphisms and serum levels of mannose-binding lectin in Chinese pediatric patients with common infectious diseases. Int J Infect Dis. 2012;16:e403-7 pubmed publisher..05). Genetic polymorphisms attributable to mutations in the promoter and exon 1 of the MBL2 gene appear to be relatively common in pediatric patients with infectious diseases...
- Filho C, Rodrigues F, Segat L, Fonseca A, Araujo J, Arahata C, et al. Association of MBL2 gene exon 1 variants with autoimmune thyroid disease in Brazilian patients. Int J Immunogenet. 2012;39:357-61 pubmed publisherWe investigated the association between MBL2 gene exon 1 functional polymorphisms and autoimmune thyroid disease (AITD) in 163 Brazilian patients (87 with Hashimoto thyroiditis, HT; 76 with Graves' disease) and 214 healthy controls...
- Alonso D, Ferreira A, Ribolla P, De Miranda Santos I, do Socorro Pires e Cruz M, Aécio de Carvalho F, et al. Genotypes of the mannan-binding lectin gene and susceptibility to visceral leishmaniasis and clinical complications. J Infect Dis. 2007;195:1212-7 pubmed..Mutations in the MBL2 gene decrease levels of MBL and may protect against development of VL...
- Cedzynski M, Atkinson A, St Swierzko A, MacDonald S, Szala A, Zeman K, et al. L-ficolin (ficolin-2) insufficiency is associated with combined allergic and infectious respiratory disease in children. Mol Immunol. 2009;47:415-9 pubmed publisher..MBL insufficiency and MASP-2 deficiency are risk factors for recurrence of infections independently of allergic disease. ..
- Kaur S, Gupta V, Shah A, Thiel S, Sarma P, Madan T. Elevated levels of mannan-binding lectin [corrected] (MBL) and eosinophilia in patients of bronchial asthma with allergic rhinitis and allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis associate with a novel intronic polymorphism in MBL. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;143:414-9 pubmed..05) of the patients. We conclude that the 1011A allele of MBL may contribute to elevated plasma MBL levels and activity and to increased severity of the disease markers in patients of bronchial asthma with allergic rhinitis and ABPA. ..
- Ip W, Chan K, Law H, Tso G, Kong E, Wong W, et al. Mannose-binding lectin in severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection. J Infect Dis. 2005;191:1697-704 pubmed..These results suggest that MBL contributes to the first-line host defense against SARS-CoV and that MBL deficiency is a susceptibility factor for acquisition of SARS. ..
- Job E, Bottazzi B, Gilbertson B, Edenborough K, Brown L, Mantovani A, et al. Serum amyloid P is a sialylated glycoprotein inhibitor of influenza A viruses. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59623 pubmed publisher..Given the widespread expression of ?(2,6)-linked sialic acid in the human respiratory tract, we propose that SAP may act as an effective receptor mimic to limit IAV infection of airway epithelial cells. ..
- Lanzrein A, Jobst K, Thiel S, Jensenius J, Sim R, Perry V, et al. Mannan-binding lectin in human serum, cerebrospinal fluid and brain tissue and its role in Alzheimer's disease. Neuroreport. 1998;9:1491-5 pubmed..Moreover, CSF levels of MBL appear to be lower in AD patients than in control subjects which may indicate a higher degree of MBL consumption connected with complement activation in the AD patients. ..
- Hamdi S, Ejghal R, Idrissi M, Ezzikouri S, Hida M, Soong L, et al. A variant in the promoter of MBL2 is associated with protection against visceral leishmaniasis in Morocco. Infect Genet Evol. 2013;13:162-7 pubmed publisher..The mannose-binding lectin 2 gene (MBL2) is a candidate that merits examination in the context of VL because it enhances infection with intracellular ..
- Sapkota B, Macdonald M, Berrington W, Misch E, Ranjit C, Siddiqui M, et al. Association of TNF, MBL, and VDR polymorphisms with leprosy phenotypes. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:992-8 pubmed publisher..The statistical significance was modest and will require further study for conclusive validation. ..
- Villarreal J, Crosdale D, Ollier W, Hajeer A, Thomson W, Ordi J, et al. Mannose binding lectin and FcgammaRIIa (CD32) polymorphism in Spanish systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2001;40:1009-12 pubmed..Differences between controls and patients were not significant when considering the FcgammaRIIa polymorphisms; similar results were observed for renal affectation. ..
- Dwivedi M, Gupta K, Gulla K, Laddha N, Hajela K, Begum R. Lack of genetic association of promoter and structural variants of mannan-binding lectin (MBL2) gene with susceptibility to generalized vitiligo. Br J Dermatol. 2009;161:63-9 pubmed publisher..Genetic variability due to structural and promoter polymorphisms in the MBL2 gene has been reported to be associated with increased risk for several autoimmune diseases including vitiligo...
- Cseh S, Vera L, Matsushita M, Fujita T, Arlaud G, Thielens N. Characterization of the interaction between L-ficolin/p35 and mannan-binding lectin-associated serine proteases-1 and -2. J Immunol. 2002;169:5735-43 pubmed..Preincubation of the MASPs with soluble MBL inhibited subsequent binding to immobilized L-ficolin/P35 and, conversely, suggesting that these lectins compete with each other for binding to the MASPs in vivo. ..
- Werth V, Berlin J, Callen J, Mick R, Sullivan K. Mannose binding lectin (MBL) polymorphisms associated with low MBL production in patients with dermatomyositis. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:1394-9 pubmed..Our model is that genetic polymorphisms leading to overproduction of apoptotic keratinocytes and then impaired clearance of these cells contribute to the pathogenesis of adult dermatomyositis, a photoinduced autoimmune skin disease. ..
- Gong M, Zhou W, Williams P, Thompson B, Pothier L, Christiani D. Polymorphisms in the mannose binding lectin-2 gene and acute respiratory distress syndrome. Crit Care Med. 2007;35:48-56 pubmed..The MBL-2 codon 54BB genotype may be important in ARDS susceptibility and outcome. Additional studies are needed to confirm these findings in other populations. ..
- Mullighan C, Marshall S, Welsh K. Mannose binding lectin polymorphisms are associated with early age of disease onset and autoimmunity in common variable immunodeficiency. Scand J Immunol. 2000;51:111-22 pubmed..4). These results suggest that MBL deficiency compounds the antibody deficiency in CVID, and reinforces the ostensible role of MBL in innate immunity. MBL deficiency may also facilitate the development of autoimmune disease in CVID. ..
- Gaunsbaek M, Lange B, Kjeldsen A, Svane Knudsen V, Skjoedt K, Henriksen M, et al. Complement defects in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47383 pubmed publisher..However, an association between severity of symptoms and presence of complement defects could not be demonstrated. ..
- Olivo Marston S, Yang P, Mechanic L, Bowman E, Pine S, Loffredo C, et al. Childhood exposure to secondhand smoke and functional mannose binding lectin polymorphisms are associated with increased lung cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:3375-83 pubmed publisher..exposure and lung cancer risk that would be modified by genetic polymorphisms in the mannose binding lectin-2 (MBL2) gene resulting in well-known functional changes in innate immunity...
- Lin C, Siu L, Lin J, Liu C, Chian C, Lee C, et al. Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphism contributes to recurrence of infective exacerbation in patients with COPD. Chest. 2011;139:43-51 pubmed publisher..We investigated the impact of MBL2 gene polymorphisms and MBL deficiency on the recurrence of infective exacerbation in patients with COPD...
- Muhlebach M, MacDonald S, Button B, Hubbard J, Turner M, Boucher R, et al. Association between mannan-binding lectin and impaired lung function in cystic fibrosis may be age-dependent. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;145:302-7 pubmed..These findings and interpretation lend support to the potential value of MBL replacement therapy in a small minority of cystic fibrosis patients. ..