Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mbd3
Description: methyl-CpG binding domain protein 3
Alias: methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 3
- Ruddock D Cruz N, Xue J, Wilson K, Heffernan C, Prashadkumar S, Cooney M, et al. Dynamic changes in the localization of five members of the methyl binding domain (MBD) gene family during murine and bovine preimplantation embryo development. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:48-59 pubmed..MBD1 localization is consistent with a novel role during MZT for both species. MBD3, known to play a crucial role in murine embryogenesis, was highly localized to the nucleus before and after, but ..
- Ma P, Lin S, Bartolomei M, Schultz R. Metastasis tumor antigen 2 (MTA2) is involved in proper imprinted expression of H19 and Peg3 during mouse preimplantation development. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:1027-35 pubmed publisher..result in a decrease in abundance of other NuRD components, including methyl-binding-CpG-binding domain protein 3 (MBD3), histone deacetylases 1 and 2 (HDACs 1 and 2), and chromodomain helicase DNA-binding protein 4 (CHD4)...
- Kou C, Lau S, Au K, Leung P, Chim S, Fung K, et al. Epigenetic regulation of neonatal cardiomyocytes differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:278-83 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that a hypermethylated genome and a more compact chromatin structure are formed during terminal differentiation of cardiomyocytes. ..
- Tang W, Morey L, Cheung Y, Birch L, Prins G, Ho S. Neonatal exposure to estradiol/bisphenol A alters promoter methylation and expression of Nsbp1 and Hpcal1 genes and transcriptional programs of Dnmt3a/b and Mbd2/4 in the rat prostate gland throughout life. Endocrinology. 2012;153:42-55 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the distinctly different fate of early-life epigenetic marks during adulthood reflects the complex nature of lifelong editing of early-life epigenetic reprogramming. ..
- Cramer J, Scarsdale J, Walavalkar N, Buchwald W, Ginder G, Williams D. Probing the dynamic distribution of bound states for methylcytosine-binding domains on DNA. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:1294-302 pubmed publisherAlthough highly homologous to other methylcytosine-binding domain (MBD) proteins, MBD3 does not selectively bind methylated DNA, and thus the functional role of MBD3 remains in question...
- Yamada T, Yang Y, Hemberg M, Yoshida T, Cho H, Murphy J, et al. Promoter decommissioning by the NuRD chromatin remodeling complex triggers synaptic connectivity in the mammalian brain. Neuron. 2014;83:122-34 pubmed publisher..Our findings define NuRD-dependent promoter decommissioning as a developmentally regulated programming mechanism that drives synaptic connectivity in the mammalian brain...