Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mat2a
Description: methionine adenosyltransferase 2A
Alias: Sams2, S-adenosylmethionine synthase isoform type-2, MAT 2, MAT-II, S-adenosylmethionine synthetase isoform type-2, adoMet synthase 2, adoMet synthetase 2, methionine adenosyltransferase 2, methionine adenosyltransferase II, alpha, non-hepatic-type S-adenosylmethionine synthetase
- Hinojos C, Boerwinkle E, Fornage M, Doris P. Combined genealogical, mapping, and expression approaches to identify spontaneously hypertensive rat hypertension candidate genes. Hypertension. 2005;45:698-704 pubmed..The present approach identifies a number of genes that may influence blood pressure in SHR by virtue of allelic effects on gene expression. ..
- Vazquez Chantada M, Fernandez Ramos D, Embade N, Martínez López N, Varela Rey M, Woodhoo A, et al. HuR/methyl-HuR and AUF1 regulate the MAT expressed during liver proliferation, differentiation, and carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:1943-53 pubmed publisher..are tightly regulated by 2 genes: methionine adenosyltransferase 1A (MAT1A) and methionine adenosyltransferase 2A (MAT2A)...
- Murray B, Antonyuk S, Marina A, van Liempd S, Lu S, Mato J, et al. Structure and function study of the complex that synthesizes S-adenosylmethionine. IUCrJ. 2014;1:240-9 pubmed publisher..It is tightly linked with cell proliferation in liver and colon cancer. In humans, there are three genes, mat1A, mat2A and mat2B, which encode MAT enzymes...
- Horikawa S, Sasuga J, Shimizu K, Ozasa H, Tsukada K. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of cDNA encoding the rat kidney S-adenosylmethionine synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:13683-6 pubmed..Thus, kidney- and liver-type S-adenosylmethionine synthetase isozyme mRNAs were expressed in various tissues with different tissue specificities. ..
- Farrar C, Clarke S. Altered levels of S-adenosylmethionine and S-adenosylhomocysteine in the brains of L-isoaspartyl (D-Aspartyl) O-methyltransferase-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27856-63 pubmed..Because changes in the AdoMet/AdoHcy ratio could potentially alter the overall excitatory state of the brain, this effect may play a role in the progressive epilepsy seen in the Pcmt1-/- mice. ..
- Paneda C, Gorospe I, Herrera B, Nakamura T, Fabregat I, Varela Nieto I. Liver cell proliferation requires methionine adenosyltransferase 2A mRNA up-regulation. Hepatology. 2002;35:1381-91 pubmed..show that, in H35 hepatoma cells, growth factors such as hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and insulin up-regulated MAT2A expression. HGF actions were time- and dose-response dependent and required transcriptional activity...
- Kim J, Coon S, Blackshaw S, Cepko C, Møller M, Mukda S, et al. Methionine adenosyltransferase:adrenergic-cAMP mechanism regulates a daily rhythm in pineal expression. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:677-84 pubmed..5-fold at night in the pineal gland. In this study, we found that pineal MAT2A mRNA and the protein it encodes, MAT II, also increase at night, suggesting that the increase in MAT activity is caused by an increase in MAT II gene ..
- Fang H, Lai J, Lin W, Lin W. A fermented substance from Aspergillus phoenicis reduces liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1154-61 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that FSAP partially reduced the liver fibrosis in rats induced by CCl(4). ..
- Ramani K, Tomasi M. Transcriptional regulation of methionine adenosyltransferase 2A by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in rat hepatic stellate cells. Hepatology. 2012;55:1942-53 pubmed publisher..The MAT2A gene, which encodes the catalytic subunit ?2, is induced in dedifferentiated liver...