Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Masp1
Description: mannan-binding lectin serine peptidase 1
Alias: Masp1/3, Masp3, mannan-binding lectin serine protease 1, MASP-1, complement factor MASP-3, complement-activating component of Ra-reactive factor, mannan-binding lectin serine protease 2-like, mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease 1, mannose-binding protein associated serine protease-1, mannose-binding protein-associated serine protease, ra-reactive factor serine protease p100, raRF, serine protease 5, serine protease MASP1
- Chen C, Wallis R. Two mechanisms for mannose-binding protein modulation of the activity of its associated serine proteases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26058-65 pubmed..MASP-1 cleaves C2 almost as efficiently as MASP-2 does, but it does not cleave C4. Thus MASP-1 probably enhances complement activation triggered by MBP.MASP-2 complexes, but it cannot initiate activation itself. ..
- Møller Kristensen M, Thiel S, Sjoholm A, Matsushita M, Jensenius J. Cooperation between MASP-1 and MASP-2 in the generation of C3 convertase through the MBL pathway. Int Immunol. 2007;19:141-9 pubmed
- Teillet F, Gaboriaud C, Lacroix M, Martin L, Arlaud G, Thielens N. Crystal structure of the CUB1-EGF-CUB2 domain of human MASP-1/3 and identification of its interaction sites with mannan-binding lectin and ficolins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25715-24 pubmed publisherMASP-1 and MASP-3 are homologous proteases arising from alternative splicing of the MASP1/3 gene. They include an identical CUB(1)-EGF-CUB(2)-CCP(1)-CCP(2) module array prolonged by different serine protease domains at the C-terminal end...
- Rossi V, Cseh S, Bally I, Thielens N, Jensenius J, Arlaud G. Substrate specificities of recombinant mannan-binding lectin-associated serine proteases-1 and -2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40880-7 pubmed..In view of the very low activity of MASP-1 on C3 and C2, our data raise questions about the implication of this protease in complement activation. ..
- Takahashi M, Iwaki D, Kanno K, Ishida Y, Xiong J, Matsushita M, et al. Mannose-binding lectin (MBL)-associated serine protease (MASP)-1 contributes to activation of the lectin complement pathway. J Immunol. 2008;180:6132-8 pubmed..In this study, a MASP-1- and MASP-3-deficient mouse model (MASP1/3(-/-)) was generated by a gene targeting strategy to investigate the roles of MASP-1 and MASP-3 in the lectin ..