Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mas1
Description: MAS1 proto-oncogene, G protein-coupled receptor
Alias: Mgra, c-mas, proto-oncogene Mas, MAS proto-oncogene, MAS1 oncogene, Mas-related G protein-coupled receptor a, angiotensin-(1-7) receptor
- Fraga Silva R, Pinheiro S, Gonçalves A, Alenina N, Bader M, Santos R. The antithrombotic effect of angiotensin-(1-7) involves mas-mediated NO release from platelets. Mol Med. 2008;14:28-35 pubmed..More importantly, we showed that the antithrombotic effect of Ang-(1-7) in vivo is Mas dependent and that Mas is functionally important in hemostasis. ..
- Martins Lima A, Xavier C, Ferreira A, Raizada M, Wallukat G, Velloso E, et al. Activation of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2/angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas axis attenuates the cardiac reactivity to acute emotional stress. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;305:H1057-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ANG-(1-7) might contribute to reduce the sympathetic load to the heart during situations of emotional stress, reducing the cardiovascular risk. ..
- Jiang J, Wang D, Zhou X, Huo Y, Chen T, Hu F, et al. Effect of Mas-related gene (Mrg) receptors on hyperalgesia in rats with CFA-induced inflammation via direct and indirect mechanisms. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;170:1027-40 pubmed publisher..The uniquely distributed MrgC receptors could be a novel target for relieving inflammatory pain. ..
- Hampl V, Herget J, BÃbovÃ¡ J, BaÅˆasovÃ¡ A, HuskovÃ¡ Z, VaÅˆourkovÃ¡ Z, et al. Intrapulmonary activation of the angiotensin-converting enzyme type 2/angiotensin 1-7/G-protein-coupled Mas receptor axis attenuates pulmonary hypertension in Ren-2 transgenic rats exposed to chronic hypoxia. Physiol Res. 2015;64:25-38 pubmed
- Faria Silva R, Duarte F, Santos R. Short-term angiotensin(1-7) receptor MAS stimulation improves endothelial function in normotensive rats. Hypertension. 2005;46:948-52 pubmed..Our data indicate that short-term stimulation of angiotensin(1-7) receptors improve endothelial function through facilitation of nitric oxide release. ..
- Wolf G, Neilson E. Effects of angiotensin II on proximal tubular cells stably transfected with the c-mas oncogene. Am J Physiol. 1992;263:F931-8 pubmed..This effect is likely mediated by a reshuffling of the heterogeneity of ANG II receptors on the cell surface, or perhaps by the emergence of a new ANG II receptor, followed by alterations in the process of signal transduction...
- Moon J, Jeong K, Lee S, Lee T, Ihm C, Lim S. Renal ACE and ACE2 expression in early diabetic rats. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2008;110:e8-e16 pubmed publisher..The combined effects of increased ACE and decreased ACE2 in glomeruli may be associated with the activation of the renin-angiotensin system in early diabetic rats, which is known to increase proteinuria. ..
- Fu Z, Zhao L, Aylor K, Carey R, Barrett E, Liu Z. Angiotensin-(1-7) recruits muscle microvasculature and enhances insulin's metabolic action via mas receptor. Hypertension. 2014;63:1219-27 pubmed publisher..These effects may contribute to the cardiovascular protective responses associated with Mas activation and explain the insulin-sensitizing action of Ang-(1-7). ..
- Pereira V, Reis F, Santos R, Cassali G, Santos S, Honorato Sampaio K, et al. Gonadotropin stimulation increases the expression of angiotensin-(1--7) and MAS receptor in the rat ovary. Reprod Sci. 2009;16:1165-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) branch formed by ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas, fully expressed in the rat ovary and regulated by gonadotropic hormones, could play a role in the ovarian physiology. ..
- Pernomian L, Gomes M, Restini C, de Oliveira A. MAS-mediated antioxidant effects restore the functionality of angiotensin converting enzyme 2-angiotensin-(1-7)-MAS axis in diabetic rat carotid. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:640329 pubmed publisher..Mas-mediated antioxidant effects also restored diabetic rat carotid flow, pointing to the contribution of ACE2-angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis in maintaining carotid flow. ..
- Costa A, Romero T, Pacheco D, Perez A, Savernini A, Santos R, et al. Participation of AT1 and Mas receptors in the modulation of inflammatory pain. Peptides. 2014;61:17-22 pubmed publisher..However, these antagonists were not effective in animals with neuropathic-induced pain (e.g., sciatic nerve constriction). Therefore, RAS seems to play an important role in inflammatory but not neuropathic pain. ..
- Siltari A, Korpela R, Vapaatalo H. Bradykinin -induced vasodilatation: Role of age, ACE1-inhibitory peptide, mas- and bradykinin receptors. Peptides. 2016;85:46-55 pubmed publisher..Mas receptor antagonist abolished relaxation while bradykinin receptor antagonist only slightly reduced it, suggesting that bradykinin-induced vasorelaxation is regulated also by other mechanisms than the classical BR1/BR2 pathway. ..
- Mao Y, Su J, Lei L, Meng L, Qi Y, Huo Y, et al. Impaired regulator of G protein signaling 2 transcription facilitates vascular remodeling in injured rat aorta. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2014;15:572-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the inhibiting effect of RGS2 on VSMC proliferation is downregulated in vascular remodeling of injured rat aorta, and this effect is likely to be mediated by angiotensin II signaling. ..
- Canals M, Jenkins L, Kellett E, Milligan G. Up-regulation of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor by the MAS proto-oncogene is due to constitutive activation of Gq/G11 by MAS. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16757-67 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the ability of MAS to up-regulate AT(1) receptor levels reflects the constitutive capacity of MAS to activate Galpha(q)/Galpha(11) and hence stimulate PKC-dependent phosphorylation of the AT(1) receptor. ..
- Arumugam S, Thandavarayan R, Palaniyandi S, Giridharan V, Arozal W, Sari F, et al. Candesartan cilexetil protects from cardiac myosin induced cardiotoxicity via reduction of endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis in rats: involvement of ACE2-Ang (1-7)-mas axis. Toxicology. 2012;291:139-45 pubmed publisher..Candesartan improved the functional markers in a dose-dependent manner and also upregulated Ang (1-7), ACE2 and mas1 in the myocardium of DCM rats...
- Esteban V, Heringer Walther S, Sterner Kock A, de Bruin R, van den Engel S, Wang Y, et al. Angiotensin-(1-7) and the g protein-coupled receptor MAS are key players in renal inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5406 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the blockade of the NF-kappaB-activating properties of the receptor Mas could be a new strategy in the therapy of failing kidney. ..
- Becker L, Etelvino G, Walther T, Santos R, Campagnole Santos M. Immunofluorescence localization of the receptor Mas in cardiovascular-related areas of the rat brain. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H1416-24 pubmed
- Li H, Liu X, Ren Z, Gu J, Lu Y, Wang X, et al. Effects of Diabetic Hyperglycemia on Central Ang-(1-7)-Mas-R-nNOS Pathways in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;40:1186-1197 pubmed
- Rubio Ruíz M, del Valle Mondragon L, Castrejón Tellez V, Carreón Torres E, Diaz Diaz E, Guarner Lans V. Angiotensin II and 1-7 during aging in Metabolic Syndrome rats. Expression of AT1, AT2 and Mas receptors in abdominal white adipose tissue. Peptides. 2014;57:101-8 pubmed publisher..Ang 1-7/Mas axis was the predominant pathway in WAT from old MS animals and could represent a potential target for therapeutical strategies in the treatment of MS during aging. ..
- Mansoori A, Oryan S, Nematbakhsh M. Role of Mas receptor antagonist (A779) on pressure diuresis and natriuresis and renal blood flow in the absence of angiotensin II receptors type 1 and 2 in female and male rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2014;65:633-9 pubmed..05) but not in female rats. When AT1R and AT2R were blocked, the impact of MasR is gender-related in pressure natriuresis and diuresis, and pressure natriuresis and diuresis in male rats (not female) increases in the presence of MasR. ..
- Wang J, Liu R, Qi H, Wang Y, Cui L, Wen Y, et al. The ACE2-angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis protects against pancreatic cell damage in cell culture. Pancreas. 2015;44:266-72 pubmed publisher..ACE2-angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis significantly inhibits pancreatitis in response to decreased inflammatory factors by the activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and NO signaling pathways. ..
- Young D, O Neill K, Jessell T, Wigler M. Characterization of the rat mas oncogene and its high-level expression in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of rat brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:5339-42 pubmed..This pattern of expression and the similarity of mas protein to known receptor proteins suggest that mas encodes a receptor that is involved in the normal neurophysiology and/or development of specific neural tissues. ..
- da Silva A, Fontes M, Kanagy N. Chronic infusion of angiotensin receptor antagonists in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus prevents hypertension in a rat model of sleep apnea. Brain Res. 2011;1368:231-8 pubmed publisher..01). Our results suggest that endogenous Ang peptides acting in the PVN contribute to IH-induced increases in MAP observed in this rat model of sleep apnea-induced hypertension. ..
- Chou C, Chuang L, Lu C, Guh J. Interaction between TGF-? and ACE2-Ang-(1-7)-Mas pathway in high glucose-cultured NRK-52E cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;366:21-30 pubmed publisher..Additionally, there is a negative feedback function between TGF-? and ACE2, and the combined inhibition of TGF-? and activation of the ACE2-Ang-(1-7)-Mas may be useful for treating diabetic renal fibrosis. ..
- Hoffmann B, Stodola T, Wagner J, Didier D, Exner E, Lombard J, et al. Mechanisms of Mas1 Receptor-Mediated Signaling in the Vascular Endothelium. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:433-445 pubmed publisher..Angiotensin 1 to 7 (Ang-(1-7)) acting through the Mas1 receptor can act antagonistically to high pathophysiological levels of AngII by inducing vasodilation, whereas the ..
- Klimas J, Olvedy M, Ochodnicka Mackovicova K, Kruzliak P, Cacanyiova S, Kristek F, et al. Perinatally administered losartan augments renal ACE2 expression but not cardiac or renal Mas receptor in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Cell Mol Med. 2015;19:1965-74 pubmed publisher..Increased renal Ace2, and its further increase by losartan suggests the influence of locally generated Ang-(1-7) in organ response to the developing hypertension in SHRs. ..
- Velkoska E, Dean R, Burchill L, Levidiotis V, Burrell L. Reduction in renal ACE2 expression in subtotal nephrectomy in rats is ameliorated with ACE inhibition. Clin Sci (Lond). 2010;118:269-79 pubmed publisher..As ACE2 both degrades AngII and generates the vasodilator Ang-(1-7), a decrease in renal ACE2 activity, as observed in the present study, has the potential to contribute to the progression of kidney disease. ..
- Nematbakhsh M, Safari T. Role of Mas receptor in renal blood flow response to angiotensin (1-7) in male and female rats. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2014;33:365-72 pubmed publisher..The masR differently regulated RBF response to Ang 1-7 in the two genders, and the effect was greater in female rats. The masR may be a target for improvement of kidney circulation in renal diseases. ..
- Jiang T, Yu J, Zhu X, Zhang Q, Tan M, Cao L, et al. Angiotensin-(1-7) induces cerebral ischaemic tolerance by promoting brain angiogenesis in a Mas/eNOS-dependent pathway. Br J Pharmacol. 2014;171:4222-32 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight brain Ang-(1-7)/Mas signalling as a potential target in stroke prevention. ..
- Martin K, Grant S, Hockfield S. The mas proto-oncogene is developmentally regulated in the rat central nervous system. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1992;68:75-82 pubmed..This function may in part be carried out by the ability of mas to link external cues to intracellular processes. ..
- Meng Y, Yu C, Li W, Li T, Luo W, Huang S, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2/angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas axis protects against lung fibrosis by inhibiting the MAPK/NF-?B pathway. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2014;50:723-36 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of the ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis protected against pulmonary fibrosis by inhibiting the MAPK/NF-?B pathway. However, close attention should be paid to the proinflammatory effects of Ang-(1-7). ..
- Yu L, Yuan K, Phuong H, Park B, Kim S. Angiotensin-(1-5), an active mediator of renin-angiotensin system, stimulates ANP secretion via Mas receptor. Peptides. 2016;86:33-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ang-(1-5) is an active mediator of renin-angiotensin system to stimulate ANP secretion via Mas R and PI3K-Akt-NOS pathway. ..
- Castor M, Santos R, Duarte I, Romero T. Angiotensin-(1-7) through Mas receptor activation induces peripheral antinociception by interaction with adrenoreceptors. Peptides. 2015;69:80-5 pubmed publisher..Then, this study provides evidence that Ang-(1-7) induce peripheral antinociception stimulating an endogenous noradrenaline release that activates peripheral adrenoceptors inducing antinociception. ..
- Reudelhuber T. A place in our hearts for the lowly angiotensin 1-7 peptide?. Hypertension. 2006;47:811-5 pubmed
- Mansoori A, Oryan S, Nematbakhsh M. Role of Mas receptor antagonist (A779) in renal hemodynamics in condition of blocked angiotensin II receptors in rats. Physiol Int. 2016;103:13-20 pubmed publisher..It seems that co-blockade of all AT1R, AT2R, and MasR may alter RBF/ KW in male more than in female rats. These findings support a crosstalk between MasR and Ang II receptors in renal circulation. ..
- Olivon V, Aires R, Santiago L, Ramalho L, Cortes S, Lemos V. Mas receptor overexpression increased Ang-(1-7) relaxation response in renovascular hypertensive rat carotid. Peptides. 2015;71:250-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that renovascular hypertension increased Mas receptors expression and nitric oxide production in the rats carotid which, consequently increased Ang-(1-7)-vasorelaxant response. ..
- Reudelhuber T. The renin-angiotensin system: peptides and enzymes beyond angiotensin II. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2005;14:155-9 pubmed..Although the role of these peptides has not yet resulted in the development of new therapies for the treatment of cardiovascular disease, they hold promise for identification of complimentary targets. ..
- Abwainy A, Babiker F, Akhtar S, Benter I. Endogenous angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas receptor/NO pathway mediates the cardioprotective effects of pacing postconditioning. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016;310:H104-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data provide novel insights into the cardioprotective mechanisms of PPC in that they involve the Mas receptor and eNOS and further suggest a potential therapeutic role for ANG-(1-7) in cardiac ischemic injury. ..
- Tan Z, Wu J, Ma H. Regulation of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and Mas receptor by Ang-(1-7) in heart and kidney of spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2011;12:413-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest organ-specific regulation of local ACE2 and Mas expression by continuous infusion of Ang-(1-7) which did not alter blood pressure of either SHR or Wistar rats. ..
- Muñoz M, Giani J, Burghi V, Mayer M, Carranza A, Taira C, et al. The Mas receptor mediates modulation of insulin signaling by angiotensin-(1-7). Regul Pept. 2012;177:1-11 pubmed publisher..These results shed light into the mechanism by which Ang-(1-7) exerts its positive physiological modulation of insulin actions in classical metabolic tissues and reinforces the central role of Akt in these effects. ..
- Filho A, Ferreira A, Santos S, Neves S, Silva Camargos E, Becker L, et al. Selective increase of angiotensin(1-7) and its receptor in hearts of spontaneously hypertensive rats subjected to physical training. Exp Physiol. 2008;93:589-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the beneficial effects induced by swimming training in hypertensive rats might include an augmentation of Ang(1-7) and its receptor in the heart. ..
- ÄŒervenka L, BÃbovÃ¡ J, HuskovÃ¡ Z, VaÅˆourkovÃ¡ Z, Kramer H, Herget J, et al. Combined suppression of the intrarenal and circulating vasoconstrictor renin-ACE-ANG II axis and augmentation of the vasodilator ACE2-ANG 1-7-Mas axis attenuates the systemic hypertension in Ren-2 transgenic rats exposed to chronic hypoxia. Physiol Res. 2015;64:11-24 pubmed
- Wong T, Ho K, Ng E, Debnam E, Leung P. Upregulation of ACE2-ANG-(1-7)-Mas axis in jejunal enterocytes of type 1 diabetic rats: implications for glucose transport. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;303:E669-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, altered activity of both ACE and ACE2 systems during diabetes will determine the overall rate of glucose transport across the jejunal epithelium. ..
- Zong W, Yang X, Chen X, Huang H, Zheng H, Qin X, et al. Regulation of angiotensin-(1-7) and angiotensin II type 1 receptor by telmisartan and losartan in adriamycin-induced rat heart failure. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:1345-50 pubmed publisher..The protective effects of telmisartan and losartan in ADR-induced heart failure may be partially due to regulation of circulating Ang-(1-7) and myocardial AT(1)R expression. ..