Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mapk12
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase 12
Alias: Sapk3, mitogen-activated protein kinase 12, ERK-6, MAP kinase 12, MAP kinase p38 gamma, MAPK 12, SAP kinase-3, extracellular signal-regulated kinase 6, mitogen-activated protein kinase p38 gamma, stress-activated protein kinase 3
- Sabio G, Reuver S, Feijoo C, Hasegawa M, Thomas G, Centeno F, et al. Stress- and mitogen-induced phosphorylation of the synapse-associated protein SAP90/PSD-95 by activation of SAPK3/p38gamma and ERK1/ERK2. Biochem J. 2004;380:19-30 pubmedb>SAPK3 (stress-activated protein kinase-3, also known as p38gamma) is a member of the mitogen-activated protein kinase family; it phosphorylates substrates in response to cellular stress, and has been shown to bind through its C-terminal ..
- Mertens S, Craxton M, Goedert M. SAP kinase-3, a new member of the family of mammalian stress-activated protein kinases. FEBS Lett. 1996;383:273-6 pubmed..Transcripts encoding stress-activated protein kinase-3 are widely expressed, with high levels in skeletal muscle. ..
- Court N, Ingley E, Klinken S, Bogoyevitch M. Outer membrane protein 25-a mitochondrial anchor and inhibitor of stress-activated protein kinase-3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1744:68-75 pubmedStress-activated protein kinase-3 (SAPK3) is unique amongst the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) family with its C-terminal 5 amino acids directing interaction with the PDZ domain-containing substrates alpha1-Syntrophin and SAP90/..
- Zheng A, Cao L, Qin S, Chen Y, Li Y, Zhang D. Exenatide Regulates Substrate Preferences Through the p38? MAPK Pathway After Ischaemia/Reperfusion Injury in a Rat Heart. Heart Lung Circ. 2017;26:404-412 pubmed publisher..This protective effect was mediated, at least in part, through modulation of the cardiac p38? MAPK. ..
- Goedert M, Hasegawa M, Jakes R, Lawler S, Cuenda A, Cohen P. Phosphorylation of microtubule-associated protein tau by stress-activated protein kinases. FEBS Lett. 1997;409:57-62 pubmed..SAPK1gamma (also called JNK1), SAPK2a (also called p38, RK, CSBPs, Mpk2 and Mxi2), SAPK2b (also called p38beta), SAPK3 (also called ERK6 and p38gamma) and SAPK4 phosphorylate tau at many serine/threonine-prolines, as assessed by the ..
- Court N, dos Remedios C, Cordell J, Bogoyevitch M. Cardiac expression and subcellular localization of the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase member, stress-activated protein kinase-3 (SAPK3). J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2002;34:413-26 pubmed..A third isoform of p38 MAPK, known variously as stress-activated protein kinase-3 (SAPK3), p38- gamma or ERK6, has been previously shown to differ from p38- alpha/ beta both in its molecular weight and ..
- Cuenda A, Rousseau S. p38 MAP-kinases pathway regulation, function and role in human diseases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1773:1358-75 pubmed..Here we focus on these emergent roles of p38MAPKs and their implication in different pathologies. ..